• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

SS Isis destroyed Challenge Level 8. Its basically a safe version of my U&Y team, since Isis resists all the leader binds.

NFHRHCJ.jpg

Negator

Tried and failed mask mythical and Mejadra Legend. Damn. I guess I'm still not ready. Will focus on levelling and awakening for now.

Woke up and saw that someone on my friends list added me as a BFF! Was shocked. I guess that is the power of Skuld.

razterik

Some MP stats:

6* exclusives - 50k
5* exclusives - 15k (big drop here, boo)
gold eggs - 5k
some higher rarity gold eggs (collab) - 15k?
silver eggs (collab or normal REM) - 3k
Descend bosses (and Zaerog) - 10
Literally everything else - 1

You still earn normal gold when sold, MP earned is shown below it. Don't need to evolve anything. Using low stamina or other trash farming could be a decent return with enough effort?

Also, NA might benefit from farming late bloomer dragons now? They sell for 3k, since they're REM silvers. Hmm. Fruit dragons are also 3k, but those aren't really farmable outside the gift dungeon.

Max skill Sumire in 20 fruit feeds. Needs awakenings so I can use her.

yami4ct

Descend bosses are only worth 10? Hahahaha. This truly is a whale only system right now. I'm totally going to ignore it outside of the presdras I get from other stuff. It's not worth the stress or hassle as a low IAP player.

Selling trash monsters might eventually add up to some evo mats, though. I've definitely sold a ton of trash over the course of my time with the game. You won't be farming guys to grab a Pii, but some useful side benefits. 10 trash silvers for a Pii also isn't a bad exchange rate either.

Farming late bloomers actually sounds like a descent idea. You might at least get a couple Piis out of it. Anyone got an idea of the best drop stam ratio dungeon for one of those would be?

It's a great catchup mechanic for beginners. Troll silvers, currently the worst possible prize from the REM, can be traded for 3k points, which is exactly how much a mythical evo mat costs in the store. You don't need to play through Friday mythical ever again.

yami4ct

It's a great catchup mechanic for beginners. Troll silvers, currently the worst possible prize from the REM, can be traded for 3k points, which is exactly how much a mythical evo mat costs in the store.

Actually, that's totally true. Right now I feel like the mythical mat hump is probably the biggest progress gate in the game right now assuming you get a good starting roll. I would've killed to sell a golem, healer girl or some shit to get the mats I needed.

yami4ct

They have in JP but it'll likely take a while to happen in the US. Farming them while they're still here in the US might be a good plan.

razterik

Yeah, I looked at drop rates. It's not worthwhile. But save your garbage if you can, I guess.

Wasting 3k or 10k MP on evo mats is dumb, imo. Just spend the 25/50 stamina instead. Or roll the PEM.

yami4ct

Yeah, I looked at drop rates. It's not worthwhile. But save your garbage if you can, I guess.

Wasting 3k or 10k MP on evo mats is dumb, imo. Just spend the 25/50 stamina instead. Or roll the PEM.

As jewels get rarer, their value rises. As for Mythical mats for 3k, it mainly helps new players. It took forever for me to be able to even clear those dungeons and the rates on the PAL machines for them are still pretty shit.

Kyuur

Wow, regular trash sells for 1? That'll be a decent way for new players to get harder evo mats like jewels to evolve key leaders.

Failed Medjedra 3 times in a row. :/ I keep fucking up my orbs on Isis and as soon as she binds my team I'm screwed.

ccbfan

Some MP stats:

6* exclusives - 50k
5* exclusives - 15k (big drop here, boo)
gold eggs - 5k
some higher rarity gold eggs (collab) - 15k?
silver eggs (collab or normal REM) - 3k
Descend bosses (and Zaerog) - 10
Literally everything else - 1

You still earn normal gold when sold, MP earned is shown below it. Don't need to evolve anything. Using low stamina or other trash farming could be a decent return with enough effort?

Also, NA might benefit from farming late bloomer dragons now? They sell for 3k, since they're REM silvers. Hmm. Fruit dragons are also 3k, but those aren't really farmable outside the gift dungeon.

Max skill Sumire in 20 fruit feeds. Needs awakenings so I can use her.

How about pem 3k silvers? Are they also worth 3k?

Also the real game changer here IMO is 3k silvers. I'm pretty sure most of us, if you played over a year you have 20+ useless silvers. For hoarders and 2 years like me? 50+.

razterik

How about pem 3k silvers? Are they also worth 3k?

Also the real game changer here IMO is 3k silvers. I'm pretty sure most of us, if you played over a year you have 20+ useless silvers. For hoarders and 2 years like me? 50+.

Tried 3k PEM cards which I think are silver, they sell for 1 MP.

It's kind of a joke that gold eggs are only 5k compared to silver, but I guess they cost 5 stones either way. I'm sad that it took them so long to put in such a weak system to handle dupes. My hard rolling days are far behind me now, but I would have earned a lot of MP back then.

Quantum

Tried 3k PEM cards which I think are silver, they sell for 1 MP.

It's kind of a joke that gold eggs are only 5k compared to silver, but I guess they cost 5 stones either way. I'm sad that it took them so long to put in such a weak system to handle dupes. My hard rolling days are far behind me now, but I would have earned a lot of MP back then.

thinking about how many I've fed for possible skill ups, its definitely annoying, and it seems the items you can buy are ridiculously expensive at this point.

granted - its minimally better than nothing, but I'm not sue I'd even sell my dupes at this point with the changes and refreshes that occur - never know when you can put a different team together.

razterik

I suppose none of us are really the aim for this system. It's more for the people that roll thousands every Godfest.

It does feel like just the minimum they could do, especially when some other games have started introducing trade back systems. PAD seems to have a more generous REM than most, though. MP exclusive cards is sort of a half measure towards that anyway.

Like all new PAD features, it's being released half baked and without enough development. It will probably change significantly in the months to come. $5 evo mats is totally LOL.

For everyone who beat Challenge 9 with Awoken Ra, how did you get through his shields? My team is primarily light and dark so Im ping ponging back and forth with the damage. Do you have to wait for dark shield since light will always be your final damage?
Maybe late to answer, but my only Dark monster was DKali, so I put her in slot 2 so she deals her damage second after my leader Ra, then everyone else hits after. To deal with the shield, I subbed in Echidna. Pop Echidna so the shield expires and Zaerog doesn't get a turn to reup it.

J0dy77

Ah good point. Overlooked that it would fall of with the delay. I had sun quan up but didn't heal enough and wiped. Might go back at it later.

Okamid3n

Dupe Rodins are great for speed farm teams.

It doesn't seem like that would be more worth it than 100k MP.

Adding everything else I don't want in my box besides the Rodin only gives me 60k MP, hah.

Also for anyone thinking of farming Late Bloomers in NA while you can, here's a quote from the PAD forums to convince you that this is a bad idea :

honestly you could get a job pass out at the job and buy stones with that money you got while you passed out and still be more stamina-efficient than farming up a late bloomer

razterik

Yeah, I was thinking they were 15% drop rate or something, it's even lower. Although NA probably has like a year before we see this update, so...

If you don't see the value of dupe Rodins, there's no hope for you, haha. First turn Goemon teams? Easy 3x normal or Star Vault farming? Nearly any 5 or 7 turn dungeon becomes push button. I mean, if you don't do what 90% of the endgame is, sure, sell them. Make sure to post pics of it too so all of us without dupes or any can get salty.

Okamid3n

I can already first-turn goemon with dupe tomatos.

Farming for plus-eggs plz no.

I mean, it's only faster farming because you can end the floor with Rodin's nuke or am I missing something else? I don't actually understand why he's such a good farming tool and I'd like to know.

linsivvi

Ah good point. Overlooked that it would fall of with the delay. I had sun quan up but didn't heal enough and wiped. Might go back at it later.

The other thing is even if delay expired, as long as the shield is down the boss will cast that first, buying you another turn.

I also run Yomi Mistress, Izanami, and her dark reduction awakening will prevent the 100% gravity from killing you even without using her skill.

Hastati

SS Isis destroyed Challenge Level 8. Its basically a safe version of my U&Y team, since Isis resists all the leader binds.

I wish I had Reine, Blodin and DKali.

The alt valks just hate me. But SS Isis is really an awesome card, there are so many things you can do with her.

---

Any consensus on the rare evo machine? I've looked around, but there doesn't seem to be any hard data. 57 pulls atm and wondering if I should blow it ...

I can already first-turn goemon with dupe tomatos.

Farming for plus-eggs plz no.

I mean, it's only faster farming because you can end the floor with Rodin's nuke or am I missing something else? I don't actually understand why he's such a good farming tool and I'd like to know.
Yes, it's because of the nuke plus the skill boosts. There's a huge difference between clearing a floor with the push of a button and clearing it with an orb change + making a match when speed farming.

When people say this system is made for whales, they mean it. The value proposition for the stuff in the shop is complete shit, including the latent awakenings. Not much need to contemplate doing something drastic like feeding your only 2 Rodin.

Okamid3n

Yes, it's because of the nuke plus the skill boosts. There's a huge difference between clearing a floor with the push of a button and clearing it with an orb change + making a match when speed farming.

When people say this system is made for whales, they mean it. The value proposition for the stuff in the shop is complete shit, including the latent awakenings. Not much need to contemplate doing something drastic like feeding your only 2 Rodin.

I have 3 Rodins, I was planning to keep one.

I'm just trying to be honest with myself, the likely outcome is that I keep never farming Plus eggs and the dupe Rodins rot in my box.

But I'll keep what you guys said in mind.

EDIT : Speaking of grinding, this is the tenth light chaser I feed trying to get the last skill up on my Metatron. I have terrible luck on getting the last skill levels...

razterik

Yamato Rush suuucks. Only have that and dumb Zhou Yu left in current JP challenge. Keep dying with my A.Shiva team because I have to sub out a hypermax Minerva for Dark Izanami to tank Goemon preempt. Not sure I'm going to finish this set, but happy with my progress overall.

Just noticed that Shiva Dragon needs 9,999,999 exp to max level. How cute.

Hehe. So 30 latent time extends gets you a whopping 1.5 seconds. It really is just for whales who can't help but min/max their teams. No thanks. Though I guess a single resist of each color will let you survive 100% gravities. Maybe they'll continue tweaking the values.

Okamid3n

Hehe. So 30 latent time extends gets you a whopping 1.5 seconds. It really is just for whales who can't help but min/max their teams. No thanks. Though I guess a single resist of each color will let you survive 100% gravities. Maybe they'll continue tweaking the values.

Don't say this too loudly, or else they will make 101% gravity the new standard.

tr4656

I wonder if I should sell my GOdins for those resist Tamadras or save up for Shiva. its a horrible deal but I have nothing to do with those GOdins either.

saichi

Finally beat Medjedra Descended! Mythical... With Beelzebub/Ronia devil team, I can't die even with skill lock for 99 turns... Spent around 75 turns on Isis then got all my skills back with Osiris. It's all smooth sailing after that. Don't think I'll try the stage unless it's' necessary. 2 Medjedras should be enough and I don't even have Isis or Bastet.

yami4ct

Man, no Medjedra drop... next time I guess. :(

Missed it too. Beat Legend a couple times with my weird half done Ra team, but about half the time I struck out to Skill Lock. By the time he's back again, I'll be nearly lock immune so that'll work. Should be able to destroy that dungeon at that point.

FZZ

Banned
Do you guys ever have days where you combo like a god like clearing the whole board and getting everything perfectly aligned and then days where you can't even activate Lkali's leader skill?

I had the former for the past few days and I felt like I was actually getting BETTER and then I just had the latter today

:|

scottnak

Do you guys ever have days where you combo like a god like clearing the whole board and getting everything perfectly aligned and then days where you can't even activate Lkali's leader skill?

I had the former for the past few days and I felt like I was actually getting BETTER and then I just had the latter today

:|

Happens so often... Still amazed I cleared some of those Mythical Descends with how inconsistent I am...

Top Bottom