• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

At least I only used 1 stone. I'm close to a rank up so I'll try again later another 4 times on natural stamina. If I'm still 0/12, I'll stop.

Quantum

coin dungeons are pissing me off.

over the last 3 weeks I've been farming for flampys and settling for the good exp and the + eggs.

I've seen a total of 3 flampys with zero drops.

hermit7

Farmed all the jewels for mei mei yesterday and finally was able to awaken her. Ideally I am going to max skill her with piis but Parvati needs one more so I think I will max skill her first.

coy

over the last 3 weeks I've been farming for flampys and settling for the good exp and the + eggs.

I run them on and off and still don't believe they exist as they are nowhere to be found.

I forget how vital Echidna can be. I flubbed early attempts in the Wood Cat Dungeon before I brought her along for the final floor. Now it's much easier to deal with.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Shiva Awoken dream is dead. Screw Phoenix and Zeus Vulcan.

Or even better screw all fire units in this game.

hermit7

Shiva Awoken dream is dead. Screw Phoenix and Zeus Vulcan.

Or even better screw all fire units in this game.

It's really the cards that you have if you have a bunch of green then that may be the best option. Red for others. Blue for the really desperate.

Man really though blue is the most depressing color in this game no great leads and the focus on rows limits the ability to make combos, that and all the good monsters are all ten dependent.

At least I only used 1 stone. I'm close to a rank up so I'll try again later another 4 times on natural stamina. If I'm still 0/12, I'll stop.

RNGsus be with you. Took me 1 stone to refresh my stamina, and 2 stones to continue because I was so elated once a phoenix dropped that I didn't bother to look up the mobs' attacks.

Just need a dub and red keeper to finally get A. Shiva.

Spoit

The worst part about this is that I fed away multiple phoenixes to my horus back in the day, and then lost it when I took him to awoken anyway

Negator

Cleared Zeus Vulcan, but died right at the end. Decided to throw a stone at him only because Sakuya invaded and I kind of wanted that jewel. My first ever jewel!

Hit rank 200 at the end, Finally was able to ultimate evo my Umisachi and Yamasachi, and damn he hits a lot harder now with that double TPA.

Jagernaut

Same. I even max skilled mine.

I didn't max skill my Horus but I did get a few skillups from feeding Phoenixes that were lost when I evolved him to Awoken Horus. I kept 1 of every other mythical beast but had no reason to keep a Phoenix.

Final score is 0/12 on Zeus Vulcan hunting for Phoenix. That's a lot of wasted stamina. There's got to be a better way to get one.

I have all the materials for Awoken Shiva ready except for the Phoenix.

Epic Drop

I didn't max skill my Horus but I did get a few skillups from feeding Phoenixes that were lost when I evolved him to Awoken Horus. I kept 1 of every other mythical beast but had no reason to keep a Phoenix.

Final score is 0/12 on Zeus Vulcan hunting for Phoenix. That's a lot of wasted stamina. There's got to be a better way to get one.

I have all the materials for Awoken Shiva ready except for the Phoenix.

Unfortunately outside of luck on the pem, its by far the best way. It's painful, but awoken Shiva is totally worth it.

Rare character guerilla dungeon should be coming out at some point, which will give you another shot at nabbing a Phoenix. It has a 20% chance of spawn on one floor (forgot the drop rate) along with the other mythical beasts.

am_dragon

I've been farming them for over a month and never seen one. Occasionally I drop to another dungeon and I will get a pii drop. Never in the dungeon with the Flampy's though. Must be the A.Minerva, A.Kagu, and A.Shiva in my box that's keeping them away.

razterik

Sorry you guys are having such rotten luck getting A.Shiva up. I could always use more PAL points, hahaha. Seriously, Phoenix invades should be easier once they show up in regular and tech dungeons next update (maybe).

Also, pii drops are a myth. I've had one in 15k stamina? Or more? I lost count, it got so high.

mgq0TAzl.jpg

Challenge 10 no stone. What a difference 8 months makes. Never came close to death, biggest challenge was getting over Stratios' combo shield. Too used to my teams with an extra second or two move time now.

New update today has beach collab dungeon and REM data included.

MP shop? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get stuffed, GungHo.

J0dy77

Sorry you guys are having such rotten luck getting A.Shiva up. I could always use more PAL points, hahaha. Seriously, Phoenix invades should be easier once they show up in regular and tech dungeons next update (maybe).

Also, pii drops are a myth. I've had one in 15k stamina? Or more? I lost count, it got so high.

Challenge 10 no stone. What a difference 8 months makes. Never came close to death, biggest challenge was getting over Stratios' combo shield. Too used to my teams with an extra second or two move time now.

New update today has beach collab dungeon and REM data included.

MP shop? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get stuffed, GungHo.

Damn you Razer, I was ready to pass on this dungeon but now I have to try again. How important was the row enhance for damage? I don't have Ronia but was thinking about focusing more on a TPA team with Hyper Horus and Red Valk. My subs would look like Horus, Yamato, Red Valk, Echidna.

razterik

Don't think you have enough HP for Dios preempt and a board changer is required for at least the first Beelzebub poison board. My whole team was hypermax, the row enhance wasn't that big a deal. I'd value a pii at 3-5 stones minimum, so it might be worth it to try to brute force your way through. I mostly just hoard my piis for future use, though.

Rixa

Meanwhile me the newbie got my best Combostreak at boss wave in Sky Dragons' Domain-No RCV. Was kinda wtf when I got combo after combo :).

Iam at Starlight sanctuary 1, cant clear it yet. Looked from PADX about that dungeon and well, I just need more levels + and better sub units.

J0dy77

Don't think you have enough HP for Dios preempt and a board changer is required for at least the first Beelzebub poison board. My whole team was hypermax, the row enhance wasn't that big a deal. I'd value a pii at 3-5 stones minimum, so it might be worth it to try to brute force your way through. I mostly just hoard my piis for future use, though.

Good points, glad I didn't waste it. I did pretty well with my Ronia/Beelz team on my first attempt. I wiped on Dios when I got heart trolled and couldn't keep up with the constant damage. Might try that team one more time.

cw_sasuke

It's really the cards that you have if you have a bunch of green then that may be the best option. Red for others. Blue for the really desperate.

Man really though blue is the most depressing color in this game no great leads and the focus on rows limits the ability to make combos, that and all the good monsters are all ten dependent.

This Shiva team was never going to replace my main green teams and would have been just a side project. Actually im working on a Blue team now with the Shiva dream being dead. I max skilled Sara and need to max level her and my subs.

saraqskan.jpg

All units except of Blodin are max skilled - which means all (except Blodin) are ready on Round 1

Playing Sara is really fun and and interesting. Doesnt look like the team will be able to handle gimmicks like Skill Bind - but the dmg potential is awesome. I was hoping to pull Skuld or Lakshmi to have a cool leader for my Water units - but Sara is cool as well.

Blodin is flex for now - actually i would prefer to use my max skilled B/G Sun Quan but HP are quite low with not all subs being leveled right now.

Cleared Zeus Vulcan, but died right at the end. Decided to throw a stone at him only because Sakuya invaded and I kind of wanted that jewel. My first ever jewel!

Hit rank 200 at the end, Finally was able to ultimate evo my Umisachi and Yamasachi, and damn he hits a lot harder now with that double TPA.

Triple Congrats !!!
And yeah UEvo U&Y is the real deal - probably still one of my biggerst power ups in the game was going from regulaer to Uevo U&Y :-D

Congrats man !!

I think i will give the stage a shot this weekend and hope i cant pull through without having to stone more than twice - need that Woodpy.

Meanwhile me the newbie got my best Combostreak at boss wave in Sky Dragons' Domain-No RCV. Was kinda wtf when I got combo after combo :).

Iam at Starlight sanctuary 1, cant clear it yet. Looked from PADX about that dungeon and well, I just need more levels + and better sub units.

Yeah NO RCV dungeons are great for combo streaks.

About Starlight - you need to get your hands on a green dmg dealer. Will you be able to pull on the Godfest this week ? Would be perfect if you could get Liu Bei for Verdandi or Lu Bu for your Ronia team.

J0dy77

This Shiva team was never going to replace my main green teams and would have been just a side project. Actually im working on a Blue team now with the Shiva dream being dead. I max skilled Sara and need to max level her and my subs.

saraqskan.jpg

Nicely done Sasuke. You've come a long way in a short time. Feels like a short time ago you were posting your first descended clear.

Where did you skill up Sarasvati? I need to work on that.

I
Summer rem is coming?

I'm in trouble...

Spent too many stones yesterday on challenge 10. Beat it but spent too many stones on it. I was 160 hp short of surviving Zues-Dios which sucked. Didn't expect that, spent a known stone on Hera-preempt, and then just things happenedz.

Avoiding this godfest like the plague.

Woodpii on Perseus (hate evolving sprites) or on verdandi (1 from max skill)?

cw_sasuke

Nicely done Sasuke. You've come a long way in a short time. Feels like a short time ago you were posting your first descended clear.

Where did you skill up Sarasvati? I need to work on that.

Thanks man !!

Yeah i always try to work on skill ups for good units since i had a period of time were i couldnt clear stages because my skills took too long to charge. I had Sun Quan and Yomi on my U&Y team quite early but was never able to use them...quite frustrating.

I used the current Coin Dungeon Water Insect Dragon and the 50 stamina stage for guaranteed drops. Took me like 3-4 days and 2 stones for stamina refreshes.

I
Summer rem is coming?

I'm in trouble...

Spent too many stones yesterday on challenge 10. Beat it but spent too many stones on it. I was 160 hp short of surviving Zues-Dios which sucked. Didn't expect that, spent a known stone on Hera-preempt, and then just things happenedz.

Avoiding this godfest like the plague.

Woodpii on Perseus (hate evolving sprites) or on verdandi (1 from max skill)?
Congrats on the clear.

Hate to be that guy..but i wouldnt spend a Woodpy on either. Just keep it until you get a unit that doesnt have other skill up material. I doubt this one skill up will make or break your Verdandi/Perseus Setup.

But if i HAD to chose between those two i would give it to Perseus, because Green Fruits are weekly farmable.

Edit:

Also considering you spend a couple of stones for that Woodpy - just dont think its worth for just 1 Verdandi skillup if you can farm Thursday Dungeon.

Congrats on the clear.

Hate to be that guy..but i wouldnt spend a Woodpy on either. Just keep it until you get a unit that doesnt have other skill up material. I doubt this one skill up will make or break your Verdandi/Perseus Setup.

But if i HAD to chose between those two i would give it to Perseus, because Green Fruits are weekly farmable.

I probably should save it for bestcat, but would I really run her over awoken shiva or awoken Ra? Not sure. I'm also three evolves (medjedra, Bastet & Sphinx) from her awakening.

Edit: used for Perseus, which gives him a six turn cooldown at the start (after awakenings), hate evolving sprites... I run verdandi leads/ liu bei (max skill & awakenings ult)/Perseus (awakenings ult) / GZL (skill level 4)/ and have the last spot open. Could run Leeza for skill bind, could run green Valkyrie once I get her skilled and awoken (I went 1:30 on green porings this weekend)

Awoken shiva team, a. Shiva leads/ awoken Hino/ Cao Cao (awakenings ult need his skill up dungeon)/ red valk (max skill)/ and ronia (for the full board change). If I got an Urd I would switch but I don't...

Rixa

Yeah NO RCV dungeons are great for combo streaks.

About Starlight - you need to get your hands on a green dmg dealer. Will you be able to pull on the Godfest this week ? Would be perfect if you could get Liu Bei for Verdandi or Lu Bu for your Ronia team.

Yup. Ive been collecting Stones these few weeks now. I should have 30 stones ready to do some disappointing pulls ;).

smbu2000

Well, I got my Awoken Ra hyper now. Using a few stones it didn't take me too long to finish him. Would have been sooner if I it wasn't for a lack of HP plus eggs. I'm thinking about putting him in my team 1 spot instead of LKali now.

After him I'm not sure who I'll go for next. I'm thinking maybe Kaito...I have him max skilled already and he is usable on quite a few teams as well as being a good leader. Very nice with that 64x potential.

Maybe I should go for Bastet. I have over a 100 plus eggs saved up after I finished Ra and she already has 90 from way back. That would put me at 200 for her already. My green team isn't that strong though with only 1 Liu Bei hyper at the moment.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Damn you Razer, I was ready to pass on this dungeon but now I have to try again. How important was the row enhance for damage? I don't have Ronia but was thinking about focusing more on a TPA team with Hyper Horus and Red Valk. My subs would look like Horus, Yamato, Red Valk, Echidna.

I think you are fine. Literally you got 5 shots at Hera-Ur (w/ Echidna presumably, and she will do a combo shield under 50%).

This was my 0-stone C10 team:
vjywweK.png

Even though I brought two Ronias, I only used 1 on the last floor to OHKO Hera-Ur (which is not necessary)...

C6-9 is pretty much a joke for A.Shiva...
In C8, even with 1 leader being binded, I was still able to OHKO Gariel and Michael...

Kyuur

Don't think I'm going to pull godfest for the very first time this week.. Going to wait on hopes of either Archangel + Heroes godfest, or one/both of those + Fire Gala. The four subs I am looking for are: Yamato, Uriel, Red Riding Hood and Mitsuki, so I think that's optimal.

Also gonna wait for Shinra to come back around to try and pull Kiriko... it only took me 17 rolls on simulator. >_>

yami4ct

Went in to farm Heracles for Dark jewels only to be reminded how damn low my Awoken Ra team HP is right now. Gigas destroyed me with a preemptive. Then I remembered my Urd team was a thing and she's pretty stably farming it. Occasional hiccup, but good enough. That farm squad keeps paying dividends. So glad I worked on it.

Went in to farm Heracles for Dark jewels only to be reminded how damn low my Awoken Ra team HP is right now. Gigas destroyed me with a preemptive. Then I remembered my Urd team was a thing and she's pretty stably farming it. Occasional hiccup, but good enough. That farm squad keeps paying dividends. So glad I worked on it.
What's on your Urd team? Need ideas since I have one myself now.

yami4ct

What's on your Urd team? Need ideas since I have one myself now.

I've got quite a few variants.

My Thursday Farm squad is Urd/Awoken Hino/Yamato/Rodin/Echidna/Urd (Or A.Shiva)
My coin varient Urd/Hino/Yama/Rodin/R.Valk/A.Shiva
My Attacker Variant: Urd/R/L Leilan/Ult Tyrra/Nim/Freyr/Urd

I don't actually use my Attacker variant much, but I have Nim so I feel the need to occasionally pull it out. The great thing about Urd is her relatively large HP pool and her massive pool of awesome subs.

Mine is the summertime variant which flips the main and sub elements, which I now realize completely changes the viable sub pool. Water mons stay losing :|

yami4ct

Mine is the summertime variant which flips the main and sub elements, which I now realize completely changes the viable sub pool. Water mons stay losing :|

I think the problem with the Summer variant is that Blue/Red is a much worse color combo than Red/Blue so it's harder to make a team that takes full advantage, but I don't really do that on any of my teams anyway. You can basically reverse any of my teams and still have some good stuff.

Urd/Andromeda/BlOdin/B.Valk/Orochi/Urd

Would be a killer squad. BlOdin is kind of a must to get his 3 TPAs for defense breaks. Siegfried would be a decent monster as well. Worse awakenings, but will get the full HP boost of S. Urd. Karin, the new Hermes, Skuld, Nut, Muse and Hatsume could all do well on farm squads as well. She has fewer options, especially for Descend squads, but you can definitely make some great farming setups for her.

I don't have any of those on my Japanese account (except for Orochi). It is sad

Although I just remembered I have an awoken Lax, and summer Urd is my first gold egg that simultaneously creates blue and hearts. Someday I'll be able to have a full squad for her.

Edit: I guess I could build this team. I don't know how strong it will be though
PNFEfqW.jpg

yami4ct

I don't have any of those on my Japanese account (except for Orochi). It is sad

Although I just remembered I have an awoken Lax, and summer Urd is my first gold egg that simultaneously creates blue and hearts. Someday I'll be able to have a full squad for her.

Edit: I guess I could build this team. I don't know how strong it will be though
http://i.imgur.com/PNFEfqW.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

You'd get a crap ton of HP and survivability out of that. If your goal is to get the best use out of the Blue/Red combo, that's probably one of the better teams. I'm not sure how you'd do damage wise, but you'd probably never lack for orbs. That might actually be a fairly decent coin team. The only thing you could have trouble with are first turn Dubs and Metals. If you can bring down the big HP bosses (Which is kind of an if), you could have something.

If you get your hands on a BlOdin ever, swap that for either Blue Rider or Siegfried and you'll likely have a decent squad.

EDIT:

I totally forgot Awoken Orochi is coming. That might really help you out. You lose his HP boost from Fire, but depending on what his active and awakenings look like, he could be killer. If he got 3 TPAs, you would already be pretty set.

Whelp, dumping my old rippers for the plusses they got fed a while back. Thinking of running them in an ADK team for old time's sake before they get fed.

Holy crap, it just felt weird typing out "ADK" after so long. Things sure have changed.

razterik

Hahaha, sorry. Half my enjoyment of this game now is straight trolling.

Tornado Holy is evo material for Noctis already, so there is precedent. It seems like something GungHo would do now that they are running short on Descend mobs to use.

Kyuur

I hope we get Awoken Rippers someday (probably not called 'Awoken', but something ala the new starter uvos). Change damage to 100k, add 1 turn haste and prongs or rows!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So a bit of an update on my box:

Right now I'm running Horus leader with Plesios dragon thing/ADK/Keeper of Gold/Lilith as subs with maybe another Horus friend when they're on. I've gotten up to Mechdragons' Massive Fortress in Technicals and Vesta Cave (Lava Dragon of the Mantle) / Legendary Dragon's Footprints (Absolute Zero) and I at least feel like I'm at a roadblock because some multipliers alone won't get me very far against some of these upcoming bosses. Adding an Echidna on the team might help to delay their attacks, but then I lose a colour to make use of Horus, so I feel like I need a new team in general.

What should be my goals moving forward? I want to escape the Pengdra cycle soon :(

FZZ

Banned
So a bit of an update on my box:

Right now I'm running Horus leader with Plesios dragon thing/ADK/Keeper of Gold/Lilith as subs with maybe another Horus friend when they're on. I've gotten up to Mechdragons' Massive Fortress in Technicals and Vesta Cave (Lava Dragon of the Mantle) / Legendary Dragon's Footprints (Absolute Zero) and I at least feel like I'm at a roadblock because some multipliers alone won't get me very far against some of these upcoming bosses. Adding an Echidna on the team might help to delay their attacks, but then I lose a colour to make use of Horus, so I feel like I need a new team in general.

What should be my goals moving forward? I want to escape the Pengdra cycle soon :(

You could Uevo your Horus to the F/L version if you got good Pal Egg machine luck, then you could replace one of your subs with you GZL and now you would have a 2x burst for attackers in addition to a defense breaker on your team. Also I would recommend adding Echidna, that delay become very useful especially during mid to mid-late game. Then you could fill out your last color (blue) with a orb changer if you have one or another attacker.

Also you can use this to find more Horus or whatever other leader you want as friends

I've used it for a majority of the new leads I have now. Hope that helps.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You could Uevo your Horus to the F/L version if you got good Pal Egg machine luck, then you could replace one of your subs with you GZL and now you would have a 2x burst for attackers in addition to a defense breaker on your team. Also I would recommend adding Echidna, that delay become very useful especially during mid to mid-late game. Then you could fill out your last color (blue) with a orb changer if you have one or another attacker.

Also you can use this to find more Horus or whatever other leader you want as friends

I've used it for a majority of the new leads I have now. Hope that helps.
What is a GZL? D;

Top Bottom