• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

yami4ct

My US account just hit 600 days, so I'd thought I do a box tour since I haven't shown it off in a while. This box is pretty medium IAP. I think I'm probably just over $100, which isn't too bad given how much time I've spent with the game. It's less than an MMO subscription and I'm having more fun than I would with one of those. I also don't see myself IAPing for the foreseeable future.

http://imgur.com/a/CeUgl

My favorite moment in my PAD career so far still goes to this.

lwLmOdt.jpg

I still cannot believe I pulled 2 L.Kalis in a row. I also can't really believe I didn't know how good L. Kali was and it was sort of a disappointment.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Any clue when Vischnu/Sara and co. will get their active skill buff in NA ? Spawning orbs in addition to the 15% increased orb skyfall chance is really cool.

Will they spawn 2 or 3 addition orbs ? I remember reading 3 addition orbs for Vishnu a while ago but the PDX description says 2.

Edit:

Also will the Rider Series ever get skill up material in the US version ? Kinda said that such a good series cant be skilled up without Piis.
Yup. Ive been collecting Stones these few weeks now. I should have 30 stones ready to do some disappointing pulls ;).

Cool, hope you will have a bit more luck than last time.

My US account just hit 600 days, so I'd thought I do a box tour since I haven't shown it off in a while.

Congrats - thats a lot of days.

I will be hitting 1 year in a couple of days, still feels like i have started the game just a couple a month ago heh.

yami4ct

Any clue when Vischnu/Sara and co. will get their active skill buff in NA ? Spawning orbs in addition to the 15% increased orb skyfall chance is really cool.

Will they spawn 2 or 3 addition orbs ? I remember reading 3 addition orbs for Vishnu a while ago but the PDX description says 2.

Edit:

Also will the Rider Series ever get skill up material in the US version ? Kinda said that such a good series cant be skilled up without Piis.

Congrats - thats a lot of days.

I will be hitting 1 year in a couple of days, still feels like i have started the game just a couple a month ago heh.

The Indian 2.0 buff should hit with the Vishnu Uevo. I'm hoping it hits with Awoken Isis/Anubis in a couple weeks or shortly after. It's 2 free random orbs of whatever their color is.

As for Riders, if you're talking the old series, most of them got skill ups in collabs. Marine is the only one without a mat that came over here. With the way they keep rotating in random new monsters into the farmable evo mat skills, I can see at least limited time skill ups happening. No news on that of course. New riders got skill ups in the Duel Masters collab, which probably won't come over. I do expect to see GungHo give them another opportunity by the time they get ults at least.

And, yeah, it's a lot of days. I can't believe it's held my attention this long. I guess it's a testament to the game being really good and GungHo doing a pretty darn good job of keeping things well balanced and fun.

razterik

Chibi Ronia basically Ronia now, still short one skill boost. It's a little better.
Chibi Valk with god type. Better than regular now? No orb enhance, though.

Awoken Susano. Skill is 3 turns half damage, 1 turn haste. Leader skill is 3x for two wood combos and some damage reduction. (25%?) Very nice, still nearly as useful as before at 3 turns, but the haste and lower countdown are great additions.

Rixa

Cool, hope you will have a bit more luck than last time.

Iam increasing my luck for bad pulls. I should get 35 stones for pulls and have some stones to increase my inventory size, which is 215 now.

Congratz for your 1y mark. Do you get some Stones from it?

Is there somewhere table which shows when you get stones from day milestones? Iam closing 60 login days, just wondering do I get stones or not :).

Has anyone got the latest apk?

Check Apkpure dot com, they have it.

FZZ

Banned
Chibi Ronia basically Ronia now, still short one skill boost. It's a little better.

Awoken Susano. Skill is 3 turns half damage, 1 turn haste. Leader skill is 3x for two wood combos and some damage reduction. (25%?) Very nice, still nearly as useful as before at 3 turns, but the haste and lower countdown are great additions.

The bigger news is that they reduced the skill level for Ronia. 13 turns now huh?

Also with the amount of rows Chibi Ronia has I would put her over Ult Evo Ronia.

Edit: Apparently it's been 13 in JP for awhile. I am so slow on these things.

razterik

All Sonias got reduced to 13 when summer Gronia came out with 2 turn haste.

Chibi is missing a skill boost and a bind clear. Those can be really important, where the red row is only a 10% damage increase. Now as a leader paired with Beelzebub, the extra dark row might be worth it. It's a lot closer, but I'd still favor regular Ronia. But at least the chibi isn't completely worthless anymore. Now I can finally use mine.

smbu2000

Oh, Susano doesn't look too bad so far. Still keeps the double bind resist and the 2 TPAs to help his ATK. Dragon type will make him extra useful on my Vegito team when I need to take a preemptive hit. His colors also make him nice on a Verdandi team.

I do wish his skill had stayed a bit longer. 3 turns makes him more like one of the Golems although his cooldown is much shorter (11 turns vs. 15) and he has the 1 turn haste now. His 5 turn 50% damage reduction at 15 turns was nice though. 4 turns would have been nice...

Not sure about his leader skill as 9x (with friend Susano) doesn't seem that strong unless you use TPAs. It is easy to activate though at only 2 wood combos. I'm curious as to how much damage reduction he'll have. His original/evo form had 20% damage reduction (36% with a friend, no ATK bonus.) his first uevo had 25% damage reduction (almost 44% with a friend, no ATK bonus).

J0dy77

Awoken Susanoo is really cool, wish I had one.

Oh man, super pumped about that Susano Awakening. I have him max skilled currently so that loss kind of sucks but otherwise it's amazing. Unbindable, double TPA and a great active skill at 11 turn cooldown. I'm already sitting on 3 wood piis waiting for him. He'll replace Kush on my Horus team.

smbu2000

Oh man, super pumped about that Susano Awakening. I have him max skilled currently so that loss kind of sucks but otherwise it's amazing. Unbindable, double TPA and a great active skill at 11 turn cooldown. I'm already sitting on 3 wood piis waiting for him. He'll replace Kush on my Horus team.
I'm definitely planning on using mine as well. I just need to evolve the mats for him. Supposed to be uevo Goemon and uevo Tengu.
I have a few piis for him as well. I'm hoping he only needs to go up to level 5 like the other Awoken characters.

hermit7

Mini valkyrie with a god type. I don't think I'll use my regular one after the ultimate comes out.

Wish it was available to buy via mp when that comes stateside.

That would be a good way for people to gain valuable subs that are readily available.

cw_sasuke

Green Gods were on my side today...5 Wednesday Dungeons attempts --> 5 Green Sacred Masks, so i was able to max skill my GZL. Having him ready on Round 1 and for the boss will help me tackle more content with Verdandi.

Now to max skill my GZL dupe.

5 stones at 50 day increments, 10 at 100 day increments. So 50, 150, 250, etc are 5 stones, and 100, 200, 300, etc are 10 stones.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Log-in_Bonus
Looking forward to getting those two Super King Gold Dragons xD

The Indian 2.0 buff should hit with the Vishnu Uevo. I'm hoping it hits with Awoken Isis/Anubis in a couple weeks or shortly after. It's 2 free random orbs of whatever their color is.

As for Riders, if you're talking the old series, most of them got skill ups in collabs. Marine is the only one without a mat that came over here. With the way they keep rotating in random new monsters into the farmable evo mat skills, I can see at least limited time skill ups happening. No news on that of course. New riders got skill ups in the Duel Masters collab, which probably won't come over. I do expect to see GungHo give them another opportunity by the time they get ults at least.

And, yeah, it's a lot of days. I can't believe it's held my attention this long. I guess it's a testament to the game being really good and GungHo doing a pretty darn good job of keeping things well balanced and fun.
Thanks - thats great to hear that will get the active skill update probably the same time when Vishnu UVO hits. Playing around with the Sara team is already great but she will be even stronger with her new active - awesome.

Totally forgot that the other rider got skill up materials down the line - the only one i have max leveled and gets use in my GZL team is Marine Rider and he would be even greater if i could max skill him somehow. He is the perfect GZL sub.

Onto the next 600 days xD

Iam increasing my luck for bad pulls. I should get 35 stones for pulls and have some stones to increase my inventory size, which is 215 now.

Congratz for your 1y mark. Do you get some Stones from it?

Is there somewhere table which shows when you get stones from day milestones? Iam closing 60 login days, just wondering do I get stones or not :).
I got the 5 stones for 350 but will get the reward for a whole year probably next week.

Kushinada am cry - Awoken Susanoo looks great - perfect sub for Awoken Bastet. Wish i had him. Lets see if Kushi 2nd Uevo can make her an even better sub than she is right now.

coy

I have 3 Kushi and have always wanted Susano. Reading this amplifies that yearning. He'd be so good for Verdandi teams.

J0dy77

I'm definitely planning on using mine as well. I just need to evolve the mats for him. Supposed to be uevo Goemon and uevo Tengu.
I have a few piis for him as well. I'm hoping he only needs to go up to level 5 like the other Awoken characters.

I just became extremely disapointed. I realized his types are now Physical/dragon. Why do they insist on taking away God/Devil status any time they give a card a good awakening? This ruins the entire card.

Rixa

Uhh...
It took sometime to think & find right team that has hp threshold over Hades hit and to get team that can autoheal 2.5k per turn. Who would think that one lvl 29 awoken Sunlight Carbuncle can be in crucial role :p.

The fight itself took about 75 minutes, but damn it was well worth it.

cw_sasuke

Congrats Rixa,

but man this team is really less than optimal. None of your subs benefit from Verdandi ATL multiplier. Maybe I'm missing something but you are missing out on mayor fire power if you don't use Wood units with Verdandi.

A units like Nut is useless in a Verdandi team, even as a Stat stick.

Kyuur

Congrats Rixa,

but man this team is really less than optimal. None of your subs benefit from Verdandi ATL multiplier. Maybe I'm missing something but you are missing out on mayor fire power if you don't use Wood units with Verdandi.

My guess he was just going for high enough HP and just using Gungnir to take down bosses.

Rixa

Congrats Rixa,

My guess he was just going for high enough HP and just using Gungnir to take down bosses.

Thanks ;)

Party was made only to be safe from Hades hit (16,4k) & to recover back to full health without the need to use health orbs. So it was for the HP and to use Grodin skill. Iam on summer holiday and I knew it would be long fight (its 0.30 over midnight here), otherwise I wouldn tried it at all.
Nut is only unit atm in my invetory that has enough HP to get party HP over Hades hit. My Extant Ronia is too low leveled.

My normal party has more Wood & Echidna for delaying if needed.

cw_sasuke

He also had Nut in his team on the screens posted earlier at Pengdra Village that's why I'm asking. Just saying that he should be trying to get some wood units for the team.
Thanks ;)

Party was made only to be safe from Hades hit (16,4k) & to recover back to full health without the need to use health orbs. So it was for the HP and to use Grodin skill. Iam on summer holiday and I knew it would be long fight (its 0.30 over midnight here), otherwise I wouldn tried it at all.
Nut is only unit atm in my invetory that had enough HP to get party over Hades hit.

My normal party has more Wood & Echidna for delaying if needed.
Ah okay this makes more sense...was kinda shocked for a second xD

Just noticed that you recently passed me in rank. I think I started ~150 days before you did :lol
Heh yeah...closing the gap for new players is getting easier with every new update. I think I also started around the time they introduced the 5 minute stamina refresh rate. Well and having all the help from experienced players makes quite the difference resulting in less wasted stamina.

Kyuur

"Strange, I don't remember her showing up on Leg-- ohhh.."

Unluckily for me, I had taken a Sucker Punch on the first floor and was struggling to heal up. :(

Only doing Mythical for the stone since Zhao dropped for me on my first run. Decent green attacker sub until I can get a team capable of grabbing Zhang Fei. Who would you guys consider the best Wood Attacker lead on EN? Gon seems to be winner on JP, maybe Kaede too. Verdandi works in the meantime but she's off type so doesn't benefit from GZL's buff, same with Osiris.

FZZ

Banned
Finally zero stoned Zhao Yun Mythical with my Awoken Ra team.

I feel more accomplished because my team is unfinished. One sub isn't fully leveled and since I don't have ANY B/G monsters I am just using a Blue Dragon fruit for right now lol.

yami4ct

Awoken Susano looks fantastic. Then, I remembered that my JP account is the only one with one and that account has shit for green leaders. Guess I just have to wait and hope Kush gets a similarly fantastic upgrade.

Negator

Feeding a Tama to a level 1 Michael for that 5th Skill Bind resist so I can do the Wednesday mask dungeon. This feels incredibly bad.

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement.

11067527_1115718311790093_170569278738595713_o.jpg

11865018_1115718381790086_9183221882402114974_o.jpg

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo added 2 new photos.
50 mins ·
*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 8/14 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 8/15 (Sat), 11:59 PM (PDT)
The Gods have awoken! Day One of the Godfest brings the return of Three Kingdoms and Indian Series 1 Gods, while Day Two includes the Egyptian Series 1 and 2 Gods.
For Day 1 of this Godfest, Zhuge Liang is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Odin is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.
All evolved forms of featured Gods are also included in the Godfest.
DAY 1 : 8/14 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Three Kingdoms Series -
1231 Cao Cao
1233 Sun Quan
1235 Liu Bei
1237 Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao
1239 Lu Bu
- Indian Series 1 -
236 Shiva
238 Lakshmi
240 Parvati
242 Indra
244 Vritra
DAY 2 : 8/15 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Egyptian Series 1 -
490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis
- Egyptian Series 2 -
1659 Set
1661 Nut
1663 Osiris
1665 Hathor
1667 Nephthys
- Special -
362 Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
364 Odin, the War Deity (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1107 Phantom God Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
1946 Red Dragonbound, Gadius
1948 Black Dragonbound, Typhon
1950 White Beast Demon, Ilm
1952 Blast Beast Demon, Zuoh

smbu2000

Rolled a few times on the summer REM. managed to pick up the new Urd as well as Chester.

Disappointed with Chester since I just picked up the dark one recently and this one seems to be the same except blue instead.

Urd seems to have potential although I already have 3 regular Urds.

So "evoing" her only seems to do 3 things, give her glasses, change her card number and change her type from physical to attacker.
All of her other stats/skills/awakenings stay the same.

Farming Mephisto isn't as easy as the other descends. Plus the egg drop isn't nearly as good, I've had plenty of 2-3 plus egg drop runs...
Still going to play it some, but hopefully there is a better descend to farm tomorrow that drops more eggs.

Decided to give my plus eggs to Kaito. I've been checking out some Kaito team videos and he seems fun to play. I'm about halfway through with him so far (over 140 plus eggs.)

I just became extremely disapointed. I realized his types are now Physical/dragon. Why do they insist on taking away God/Devil status any time they give a card a good awakening? This ruins the entire card.
Well that happens...his other uevos were God/balance and God/attacker so at least these were new.

It also seems to be there to make the older uevos not completely obsolete. For example, I'm still using D/D Haku on my iPad. I haven't changed her to Awoken Haku because she gets used a lot on my Ronia and Cell teams (devil/rows) and my Pandora team (rows), all things she loses in Awoken form.

hermit7

Man I really want to get Osiris he is probably my most wanted card at the moment.

But alas I was seen fit to pull multiple Set and Nuts.

Negator

In for day 1. Liu Bei, Lakshimi, Cao Cao would be a welcome addition to my box.

I'd only want Osiris and Isis on day 2, and I can live without them.

cw_sasuke

Awoken Orochi would be an even better U&Y sub now xD
4 TPA is nuts, event with his low atk.

@Godfest

Maybe one pull on Day 2 for Osiris/Skuld or Isis. But probably not.

@Summer REM

Maybe im missing something but what makes Summer DValk so great ? What kind of kick ass team team could you run with her as a leader ? Probably wont pull but i would love to get Summer Gronia.

yami4ct

Seems like they nerfed his attack just to give him the "one prong per head" thing. That's fine. He's still gonna be a killer sub. Cosmo should have some fun with him on a Summer Urd squad.

Just tried to do Sandalphon with my Urd squad and it went really well. Even got the Jewel invade first run. Only have 60% SB resist, so I ended up getting bound and just missed having enough red orbs to kill her, so I had to stone. Killed the rest of the floors no sweat. Finally beat the boss and got the Water Jewel I needed for A.Isis on my first go. Can't be unhappy about that. Really glad I put the time into this squad. It's paying off more than I could've imagined.

Summer REM coming monday basically confirms my not pulling on this G-Fest. Will do 1 courtesy pull on Summer and hoard the other 12 or so stones (Plus more if we get them in pt 2) for the first Chinese godfest after the star eggs get taken out.

@Summer REM

Maybe im missing something but what makes Summer DValk so great ? What kind of kick ass team team could you run with her as a leader ? Probably wont pull but i would love to get Summer Gronia.

She's a 9x unconditional devil lead with a significant HP boost. Basically, she'll easily replace Beelz or Ronia on those squads. Any devil farm squad you'd run with those two, you can run with her and get her great active and 2x TPAs. Run her with Ronia, Haku, Lu Bu, etc. subs. She also finally gives those teams a really quick dark heartbreak. Pair her with herself for crazy HP or I suspect we'll see her paired with Ronia more often for the HP/RCV combo. If you already have Ronia, if you can get some Claire friends you'll get all the benefit without the hassle of actually pulling her.

razterik

At that attack the damage is less than Liu Bei.

Still pretty good though.

5.0625 x 1495 = 7568
3.375 x 2200 = 7425

She's cute! lalala

She's kind of a dark devil Verdandi lead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XvlEUCTbM

Not bad, good for farming. She shines way more as a sub with high stats, outright replacing normal dark Valk in every instance I can think of and fitting into many other devil or dark teams. I don't have normal dark Valk and I have good depth in dark/devils, so I was looking forward to her MP release.

Alas, we got fucked.

Top Bottom