• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Kreed

Warning for you Jagernaut. You wouldn't have cleared Hera Rush with that team even if you got through Sowilo. Hera has a 30k preemptive damage attack that needs to be accounted for. She would have wiped you just by going into the next floor. You need to bring a damage reduction or have more HP.

Learned this the hard way yesterday with my Awoken Ra team. I'll be bringing Susano in for my next attempt.

razterik

All Hail Shiva hehe. Nice pickup...i hope i can get Phoenix from Zhao Yuns stage.

Don't think Phoenix drops any better there than Vulcan, but maybe you will get lucky. Invades are active finally, so normal/tech red dungeons are an option.

I should start working on leveling another beelzebub in the meantime to keep kog farming team intact

Cough, cough, Goemon. Not that Beelzebub is a bad thing to have in reserve.

NA Godfest, Chinese yay, JP2 no. Won't pull first day anyway without Kalis or Norns. They're going to pair 3k with JP1 for the second day aren't they.

razterik

Save the drop for free 3k MP when the store comes. Late bloomers will be REM exclusive.

Eh, looks like it is only healers for A.Amaterasu. Must have been some translation issues. Well, back to mostly crummy teams once again.

Against my better judgment I pulled in the Island REM again

got another chibi meimei. After the Xmas REM I have 3 of them now that I don't know what to do with

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Challenges 1-9 done.

Saving Challenge 10 for Sunday or Monday when there is nothing better to do.
Don't think Phoenix drops any better there than Vulcan, but maybe you will get lucky. Invades are active finally, so normal/tech red dungeons are an option.

Cough, cough, Goemon. Not that Beelzebub is a bad thing to have in reserve.

NA Godfest, Chinese yay, JP2 no. Won't pull first day anyway without Kalis or Norns. They're going to pair 3k with JP1 for the second day aren't they.

Yeah - im not specifically trying to farm Phoenix anymore. Just hope that i get him somehow down the line through stages i have to do anyway like Zhou Yu who is needed for Awoken Karin.

No Kalis or Norns day 1 ? Yeah dont see many pulling on Day 1. Would love Japanese Gods 1 and/or Greco Roman for Day2.
Day 2 is JP1 right?

I want dat Yomi :(

Lets hope so.

Jagernaut

SIbi18G.jpg

Awoken Shiva get!

Now for the team. These are my best fire subs:

Awoken Minerva
Awoken Leilan - not ready yet, but soon
Yamato
Ares
Ronia x4
Dino Rider
Misato - nice double 2 prong ultimate coming
Gadius
Fire Dragon Knight
Red Chester
Nim

I'll go with Minerva/Yamato/Ares/Ronia hypermax for now and put in Awoken Leilan and ultimate Misato later.

hermit7

Awoken Shiva get!

Now for the team. These are my best fire subs:

Awoken Minerva
Awoken Leilan - not ready yet, but soon
Yamato
Ares
Ronia x4
Dino Rider
Misato - nice double 2 prong ultimate coming
Gadius
Fire Dragon Knight
Red Chester
Nim

I'll go with Minerva/Yamato/Ares/Ronia hypermax for now and put in Awoken Leilan and ultimate Misato later.

Congrats! Shiva has really opened a lot of doors in later challenges for me personally. And you have some strong subs to use. I wouldn't count out Dino rider as a sub. He has an orb change and 2 tpa as well as a skill bind resist.

As another note did one roll in the REM today and got a Nepthys. Good because I hadn't rolled one yet but has little overall use for the moment with her low overall power level compared to other new leads. Egyptian 2.0 really need ultimate evos.

cw_sasuke

Oh nearly beat True Endless for the first time. Had a bit of time and gave it a shot with Sara, worked out way better than expected - the improved active helps so much.

quickmemo_2015-08-28-x4zjr.png
quickmemo_2015-08-28-g8xwv.png

Nearly had him - one Skyfall combo more or BValk being ready and i probably would have cleared the stage. Sara rocks though - OHKO nearly every Boss. That HP though...definition of a glass canon team hehe. With the new active i probably can use Blodin or Sin Quan on that team for more fire power.

Sure A.Bastet can clear the stage as well but i screw up the easiest combos once i get to Valk for some reason. Probably because i underestimate her, dont wanna use skills and have been doing combos for +25 floors already lol.
As another note did one roll in the REM today and got a Nepthys. Good because I hadn't rolled one yet but has little overall use for the moment with her low overall power level compared to other new leads. Egyptian 2.0 really need ultimate evos.
You rolled outside of a Godfest ? :eek:
But nice pull...congrats !!

hermit7

You rolled outside of a Godfest ? :eek:
But nice pull...congrats !!

Lol. Typically not but with the renewal that took place today I thought it would be in celebration of that.

All of the healer girls and toy dragons were removed as well as the machine golems. So I figured it was as good a time as ever to roll. At this point the only thing the goddess does is have increased rates of specific pantheons and of course the exclusives.

J0dy77

So after a very close call with Horus I finally got through hera rush. Took me about five tries. The dungeon really was a learning process. Feel like I could clear pretty consistently if i needed to now.

8BVZ6RHl.jpg

Jagernaut

So after a very close call with Horus I finally got through hera rush. Took me about five tries. The dungeon really was a learning process. Feel like I could clear pretty consistently if i needed to now.

8BVZ6RH.jpg

What team did you use? I haven't used Awoken Horus much but I'm loving Awoken Bastet and Awoken Ra.

mike23

Beat all but 7 and 10 in the challenge dungeon, just waiting on stamina to give them a shot. I did the no-rcv dungeons with my Ra team just for fun. I did the tri-colors with Anubis.

10 will be difficult with my Shiva team. With a good board from Urd>Cao>Shiva I think I can do ~75% of Hera-Is's hp. Another 3m fire damage in a single turn might be a bit tough, especially since I'll probably out of actives.

quin

Has anyone playing the JP version not been receiving all 5 pulls from the pal machine? My daily message says I got 1000 pal points but it only gives me one pull.

edit: thats even worse! i din't like that...

FZZ

Banned
Has anyone playing the JP version not been receiving all 5 pulls from the pal machine? My daily message says I got 1000 pal points but it only gives me one pull.

New PAL egg machine event going on. If you do pulls you'll notice chibi 3 Kindgoms and other stuff is popping out. Which is 500 points per pull.

So yeah you're still getting your 1000 points it's just the current rates for the PAL egg are 500 points per pull.

With the announcement of A. Yomi I'm thinking about where I can use her him. With her devil typing I'm looking at using him with Asmodeus.
He and Anubis have some big stats that really take advantage of the HP/RCV multipliers. The first team is more offensive I guess, with the attack boost, plus it has a good deal more RCV. The second has more than 36k HP, and can still put out pretty big damage.

Any thoughts?

So am I just supposed to be completely unable to defeat Zaerog in the current challenge dungeon? He has an endless light/dark absorb up. My main leaders are Kali, Kirin, Awoken Ra...

I guess it is the "do you have Awoken Bastet or Shiva" challenge.

linsivvi

So am I just supposed to be completely unable to defeat Zaerog in the current challenge dungeon? He has an endless light/dark absorb up. My main leaders are Kali, Kirin, Awoken Ra...

I guess it is the "do you have Awoken Bastet or Shiva" challenge.

Use Echidna after gravity, kill on last turn.

Many of the Challenge Dungeons since Zaerog Infinity (which I believe is up next for NA, huehueheuh) have used 5x4 and 7x6 boards. Alternate board sizes have also started showing up in Coin Dungeons; one recent example was Hera-Ur with a 5x4 board.

Many of the Challenge Dungeons since Zaerog Infinity (which I believe is up next for NA, huehueheuh) have used 5x4 and 7x6 boards. Alternate board sizes have also started showing up in Coin Dungeons; one recent example was Hera-Ur with a 5x4 board.

With a smaller board, do the monsters still have the same hp? Or are they lowered a bit?

With the announcement of A. Yomi I'm thinking about where I can use her him. With her devil typing I'm looking at using him with Asmodeus.

He and Anubis have some big stats that really take advantage of the HP/RCV multipliers. The first team is more offensive I guess, with the attack boost, plus it has a good deal more RCV. The second has more than 36k HP, and can still put out pretty big damage.

Any thoughts?
n9dxesd.png

Don't know myself, I've been thinking about what subs to put on my team as well but I'm always lacking something, like a board convert without a d.kali or full skill bind resist. I was thinking swapping out Yomi/Valk for Beelz or the elusive D.kali, even if she isn't a devil. The new mech beast Kakkab could also do and since I'm all set on colors, last slot could even be an A.Hades. Killua would be awesome as well
HA! HAHA! HAHAHAHA!!!!...

razterik

With a smaller board, do the monsters still have the same hp? Or are they lowered a bit?

Monster stats in Challenge dungeons are altered for the board changes. 5x4 boards get less HP, lower defense/attack. 7x6 boards get much more HP, and sometimes higher attack and defense. Had one instance where fat metal took two A.Ra actives to kill. And preemptives can go even more insane.

5x4 boards in coin dungeons featuring older descends have had the same stats as normal, so some had a pretty rough difficulty increase.

yami4ct

5x4 is really rough on any sort of conditional lead. My current Gadius squad is really iffy, mainly because I lack orb change skill ups. It's way easier to clear boards, but there's also way more of a chance to get orb-trolled. Low CD orb changers feel like a necessity for more difficult 5x4s.

razterik

Combo/multicolor leads or basically anything that needs x number of orbs to even function is hard to use. Row teams like Beelz/Ronia or Heroes work okay. TPAs not so much because you're usually limited to two TPA matches max.

JP KotG 1.5x exp currently handing out 20k per run.

yami4ct

So PadX is reporting Chinese/Japanese 2.0 for our upcoming Godfest. I'd be super OK with that being the first post star fest. Really desperately want Genbu and Haku, Iza or Ame would be cool too.

razterik

13 stones and 84 runs of Take. 11 red jewels, not even half of what I need. Whoever came up with using jewels for evos can go die in a fire, thanks. I don't even care about the stones, I want my wasted time back.

Negator

Ran Red Skies a bunch and got a Phoenix lol. I feel so bad for those who spent so much time and effort and I kind of just get one.

cw_sasuke

Cleared Zhou Yun on Legend and Mythical and he dropped on both difficulties. Cool... One to keep and one for Haku.
13 stones and 84 runs of Take. 11 red jewels, not even half of what I need. Whoever came up with using jewels for evos can go die in a fire, thanks. I don't even care about the stones, I want my wasted time back.
Which units do you need the Jewels for? Sucks that you didn't reach your goal... RNG can be a bitch.

razterik

Six for two A.Leilan, five for second Goemon, one for second A.Kagutsuchi, one for upcoming Dark Izanami, four for Shiva Dragon when he shows up, and four for Scarlet if I don't try to build her system team (which takes another 16 jewels). Also wanted a few spares for random stuff I might pull.

Just way too many and there's no good way to farm them. They're in so many evos now that it's crushing my game progress because I can never get them when I need more. Been pointing out this problem for a while, but GungHo doesn't seem to want to fix it.

Ducarmel

Does dark Xuanzang really drop in descend carnival 1?

I am starting to doubt she does, I'm only seeing light Xuanzang in my runs.

edit: disgusting, took 12 runs to get Dark Xuanzang invade.

Dammit. I had Hera rush in the bag, but an absurd skyfall on Hera Sowilo killed her before I'd activated DIzanami. Really sucks losing like that. I'll give it another shot later.

Dammit. I had Hera rush in the bag, but an absurd skyfall on Hera Sowilo killed her before I'd activated DIzanami. Really sucks losing like that. I'll give it another shot later.
I died the same exact way on Hera rush last night. Gotta balance out the likelihood of OHKOing her with the need to do at least 50% in the 1st two turns.

Quantum

I died the same exact way on Hera rush last night. Gotta balance out the likelihood of OHKOing her with the need to do at least 50% in the 1st two turns.

its like the bane of my pad existence right now.

well that and using all of yesterdays stamina on lightning chasers and having 1 drop all day.

cw_sasuke

Wow...talk about a perfect run :eek:
0-stoned Challenge level 10 on my first attempt. Just went in with the expectation to see how far i would come and how much stones i need to plan when i clear it next week. Nothing better to with the stamina right now so i was fine with it for training attempt.

quickmemo_2015-08-29-ehk39.png

After i one shoted Hera-Ur on my initial thanks to a Perseus active i thought...well screw it you apparently dealt out 12 mio dmg in one round, lets go for it. Luck and RNG are always a factor but this was probably my best played dungeon so far. Not just going for OHK but hitting them in the dmg zone were they waste a turn on casting spells, to stall actives up.
quickmemo_2015-08-29-ayjay.png
quickmemo_2015-08-29-q4j21.png

For Hera-Is i had Verdandis active ready and tbh i thought i had already won. After having killed the HP beasts for only hitting for 3 million with a Verdandi active should be easy. Didnt screentshot Verdandi board because i was a bit pissed at that moment...she gave me a board with 5 green orbs..lol. Guess my luck ran out...at this point i would have stoned anyway...just combined hard and it was enough to take her out !!

Feels like i cleared the Challenge to fast this time, guess i will be farming some evo materials next week. But glad i only needed to spend the 100 stamina once.

PS. PDX is reporting Enhance Carinval Pal Egg machine 2 days from now. Worth it ?
Six for two A.Leilan, five for second Goemon, one for second A.Kagutsuchi, one for upcoming Dark Izanami, four for Shiva Dragon when he shows up, and four for Scarlet if I don't try to build her system team (which takes another 16 jewels). Also wanted a few spares for random stuff I might pull.

Just way too many and there's no good way to farm them. They're in so many evos now that it's crushing my game progress because I can never get them when I need more. Been pointing out this problem for a while, but GungHo doesn't seem to want to fix it.

Hmm...what would be a way to fix it ? I mean they are supposed to be kind of rare and difficult to obtain - many people are happy if they can their hands on them from Challenge Rewards if at all. I get your frustration... but the goal of farming so many Jewels on just one day is a bit extreme. 11 Jewels one day is a lot, just get the rest next time. There is still time left till Shiva Dragon and Co. arrive.
Heh yeah thats the most difficult part of the stage imo. Unless you dont need to stall on her and can OHKO her immediately. And you only have one-shot..miss and you are done.

Rixa

PS. PDX is reporting Enhance Carinval Pal Egg machine 2 days from now. Worth it ?

Super, very nicely done. Meanwhile I managed to clear (close call) Challenge nr 4. and got that Tamadra which goes to my GZL soon and then its has max awakenings.

Iam not pulling from PAL event gacha. I rather pull from 200 gacha when Iam nearing max points. I have 21 Dragon plants waiting wood Pengdras (monday technical) and those I use to enhance my wood subs.
Nearing 20 stones, Ill need to check what is GF day 2 going to be, to pull or not to pull, some stones after GF go to increasing invetory size.

seady

Challenge Lvl 9 cleared - Woodpy get. Took me only 2 attempts which was nice, will take my time with the rest.

2 days from now - PDX has Day 1 as speculation up already.

GF Day 1 - Chinese/JP2/ 5 Dragoncallers

lol....

I dont have Lucifer yet - from what i read he used to be a big deal earlier in PaD life. That was before i started playing though.

3/5 is very nice hehe....lets see how much mileage i can get from my orbs. I will use them for skill ups if i can gather more than 5 green orbs - otherwise its too risky.

What PADX's speculation base off of for Godfes?

hermit7

0-stoned Challenge level 10 on my first attempt.

Feels like i cleared the Challenge to fast this time, guess i will be farming some evo materials next week. But glad i only needed to spend the 100 stamina

Hmm...what would be a way to fix it ? I mean they are supposed to be kind of rare and difficult to obtain - many people are happy if they can their hands on them from Challenge Rewards if at all. I get your frustration... but the goal of farming so many Jewels on just one day is a bit extreme. 11 Jewels one day is a lot, just get the rest next time. There is still time left till Shiva Dragon and Co. arrive.

Congrats on the clear.

Well when the no shop comes out I guess if you are hurting and want to sell some monsters you can buy jewels. Not worth it imo but it is an option.

razterik

If the Enhance Carnival is the 500 point machine, then it drops all gold eggs, kings and above. Pretty good for exp, although we're stuck without a 2x or 2.5x exp bonus right now. If it takes over the normal PAL machine, then it's less worthwhile because lots of star egg trash.

I wasn't expecting to get all the jewels I wanted in one day, but for the amount of effort, dungeon runs, and stones I put in, I should have gotten almost twice as many. If I wasn't stoning a lot for stamina, I would have ended the day without a single jewel. How is that productive to an average player? If you play something all day and have nothing to show for it, then it's busted (and you quit playing). Maybe that wasn't an issue when you had one evolution or Awoken per month that required a jewel or two, but now nearly everything needs them and sometimes as many as five for a single card.

GungHo knows it's broken because they deliberately put them into the MP shop to buy. But that's not a fix, and has actually made obtaining jewels worse. The MP shop puts their value at 10k MP, which is 1/5th a six star Godfest exclusive or four pulls of the REM for silver eggs. 20 stones per jewel? Absurd, but to match that value, look at what happened in JP after the store released. Jewel invades gone for at least a month. The jewel gift dungeon that had been featured in every event for a long time hasn't shown up. Some Challenge dungeons that previously rewarded piis have had them replaced by jewel rewards. PAL machines switched to enhance or skill up drops for long periods instead of the near constant evo mats it had been. All of these show a goal to increase the scarcity and artificially inflate the value of jewels which are now desired by players more than ever. When they reduce the ability to obtain something and try to increase it's cost and desirability, they aren't making a game anymore, they're manipulating market economics and abusing customers. That's disgusting.

The fix is making jewels less rare or using less of them for evo materials so that players can play the game and not devote so much time to fruitless endeavors. At least bring back 1.5x invade rates, since apparently they've dropped the previously boosted mythical rate down to the old 15% again. All other normal evo materials are obtainable in normal dungeons all week long, or once a week as a near guaranteed drop. Jewels should be something farmable even when events aren't happening, and I don't mean as rare spawns in 99 stamina 5 million coin death traps. Throw them into Fagan's dungeon at a decent rate and make running that useful again. Reduce the MP shop evo materials to what their actual value should be, 10 times less. Drop stamina costs from the game so farming evo materials or MP becomes something slightly reasonable. Or any number of other solutions. However it's handled, I want GungHo to stop jerking me around and making me work so hard just to use the stuff I already paid for.

linsivvi

If they wanted to they can easily fix it like they did with Tamadra by creating an urgent dungeon.

Since it cost less than 50 stamina to get a Tamadra, it shouldn't cost any more than that to get a jewel, especially now that we need fully evolved mobs that eat multiple jewels as folders. Hera-Ur I am looking at you.

If they wanted to they can easily fix it like they did with Tamadra by creating an urgent dungeon.

Since it cost less than 50 stamina to get a Tamadra, it shouldn't cost any more than that to get a jewel, especially now that we need fully evolved mobs that eat multiple jewels as folders. Hera-Ur I am looking at you.
They did make an urgent dungeon. but it's complete trash, kind of reinforcing razterik's point. The highest level costs 99 stamina, is random between the 5 jewel colors, and has a terrible drop rate even during event rate ups.
Better combo team?

Bastet

Yomi

Anubis spot can be Dmeta, Dizinami or Dill Sirius. Not sure which fits the spot best.

Does the orb enhance and multiplayer out damage all those tpa?
Yes, it does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsdILQZv23g

Just tested in Endless Corridors and his Haku was able to do as much damage on the last floor as my hyper Liu Bei with three 4 orb matches and 8 combos. That team was also doing consistently more damage on the early floors than my Bastet team usually does. Going to take a while for me to get my team ready, but Yomi is definitely my main priority right now.

They did make an urgent dungeon. but it's complete trash, kind of reinforcing razterik's point. The highest level costs 99 stamina, is random between the 5 jewel colors, and has a terrible drop rate even during event rate ups.

Yes, it does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsdILQZv23g

Just tested in Endless Corridors and his Haku was able to do as much damage on the last floor as my hyper Liu Bei with three 4 orb matches and 8 combos. That team was also doing consistently more damage on the early floors than my Bastet team usually does. Going to take a while for me to get my team ready, but Yomi is definitely my main priority right now.

Damnit yet another combo lead I don't have. Yomi looks great. I have two hakus and plenty of subs just waiting to be exploited.

Top Bottom