• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Okay so Godfest starts tomorrow and runs for two days, correct?

Is there any reason I should wait for day 2 vs blowing all of my stones on day 1?

I have 5, maybe 6 rolls between my phone(4) and tablet(1 or 2).

Kyuur

I guess we'll see if I get any non-farmable skill up fire monsters in the next while. :p By the time I get one, MP shop might be in! Not that a non-IAP player will be trading in any REM gods.

Okay so Godfest starts tomorrow and runs for two days, correct?

Is there any reason I should wait for day 2 vs blowing all of my stones on day 1?

I have 5, maybe 6 rolls between my phone(4) and tablet(1 or 2).

Different gods on day 1 vs day 2. If you're not sure what you want Day 1 is probably better overall since Angel 2 series is new and doesn't even have uvos yet.

yami4ct

2/8 on Apollo skill ups today, still need 4 more this is taking forever.

I'm so glad I switched away from Kirin as those Apollo skill ups are the worst. Over time I've gotten him to the point that I only need 1 more to max him, but if I had to grind that out it would've been the worst.

razterik

Having a bad PAD day, failed several runs of Devil Rush, including one with a red jewel invade. Decided to move on to farming the new coin dungeons for a change of pace. First floor of first run had my first pii appearance in over a month.

ypfikzcl.jpg
Thanks so much...

Kwhit10

Spent a bunch of stones for 20 lightning chasers to evolve for my new lmeta... Hopefully I can get some evolved before the 2.5x skill up ends.

I guess I'll save the snow globe Blanc for a better shot at 1.5x or 2x Exp.

Guess no rolls for me this GF.

Different gods on day 1 vs day 2. If you're not sure what you want Day 1 is probably better overall since Angel 2 series is new and doesn't even have uvos yet.

Okay sounds good. Thanks.

No Norns or Kalis on Day 1, if you were shooting for those.

To be honest I don't know enough about the game to know whether or not I should go for them.

Think I'll probably go 3 on the first day and one on the second day, unless I spring for buying some stones.

yami4ct

To be honest I don't know enough about the game to know whether or not I should go for them.

Think I'll probably go 3 on the first day and one on the second day, unless I spring for buying some stones.

What are your leaders? It'd be easier to give you some recommendations if we know what your box looks like. If you want, you can put up an account on PadHerder.com and we can give some tips.

Day 1 is likely the way to go for the majority of people. The Chinese series is still one of the best pantheons in the game. Day 2 is good if you really want the Indian 2.0s, but the Chinese are the best overall.

Norns and Kalis are some of the best monsters in the game tbh. Norns are excellent farming leads that can tackle some difficult descends with the right subs and plus eggs. Light Kali is an exceptional sub for many teams, and an excellent leader on her own. Dark Kali is an exceptional sub for many teams.

yami4ct

Norns and Kalis are some of the best monsters in the game tbh. Norns are excellent farming leads that can tackle some difficult descends with the right subs and plus eggs. Light Kali is an exceptional sub for many teams, and an excellent leader on her own. Dark Kali is an exceptional sub for many teams.

I wouldn't necessarily base my pull days based on GFEs unless the days are equal in Pantheons. You'll have a chance at the GFEs every Godfest. The Pantheon may take a bit to come back around.

I wouldn't necessarily base my pull days based on GFEs unless the days are equal in Pantheons. You'll have a chance at the GFEs every Godfest. The Pantheon may take a bit to come back around.

Fair enough. I know that a second Kali or a D.Kali would make my Awoken Ra team stupidly more consistent so it is almost a deal breaker for me.

Though the Chinese gods are amazing while the Angel series is trash. So not rolling D1 just because of the Kali/Norn absence is probably a bad idea for most.

yami4ct

All this stuff goes out the window once you have a huge stable of monsters and know what you need. If the GFEs are make or break for your team, than roll for them. By that point you've played enough to know what you need and can judge for yourself.

I was just talking general rules to fall back on.

smbu2000

Amen....Marine Rider is such a nice sub on GZL, just bad knowing that you will never be able to max skill him without Piis.
Do they not have the 31 collab. dungeon abroad? Baskin Robbins.
That's what I usually wait for when I want to skill up my riders (and Bastet's old skill as well.) It only shows up on the 31st of the month, so one day every two months except for July/August which both have 31 days.

Still a pain trying to skill them up. The full ones only show up one one floor guaranteed (sometimes in the others) and it's usually at random which color appears/drops. It's usually the small ones that fall and you have to evo them to be useful. My gf was able to max skill her Marine Rider after a bit.
Having a bad PAD day, failed several runs of Devil Rush, including one with a red jewel invade. Decided to move on to farming the new coin dungeons for a change of pace. First floor of first run had my first pii appearance in over a month.

Thanks so much...
That's too bad. The first floor is usually when you have your best chance of getting one as there are only 2 enemies on the floor. I finally had one show up on my ipad when running the coin dungeon for shynpys. It was a floor with 4 enemies and the egg right next to the shynpy dropped. ;_;
I want more shynpys to give to my Amaterasu once I evo her. I used my previous ones to max skill Uub (from DBZ collab. REM) and to max skill A. Ra.

I'm also doing the coin dungeons to get the stone for the clear.

razterik

Sadly no Baskin Robbins collab in NA. My love for Bastet Robbins will go forever unrequited.

I'm burned out from farming jewels lately, so coin dungeons are my best option to play and maybe get something useful. Hahaha..

JP seems to be missing alt dungeons in next coin rotation? Wonder what's going on there.

JP PAD appears to have collapsed from everybody trying to roll PCGF simultaneously

edit: managed to get one roll in, Ruka :( will try again tomorrow since the servers are getting bodied

yami4ct

JP Godfest Pulls:

L. Kali
Mitsuki
L. Kali
Ra
Izanagi
Krishna
Leeza

L.Kalis love to come to me in pairs it seems. Two from the same godfest on both my accounts. Not sure if 2 L. Kalis would make Awoken Ra running on my JP account over my other teams, though. I don't have a D. Kali or Isis. Dream would be to run two Kalis, D. Izanami, Flex, but since I have no Isis my G/B's suck. Putting Marine Rider in there seems pretty bleh. I might go ahead and my an L. Kali team, though.

razterik

Beginning 4/5 are dupes to be sold for MP. 5th Verdandi and on my first roll, jeez.

Phoenix Rider is great for my red teams especially A.Shiva. UmiYama is okay, maybe they'll be good enough to run again after Awoken form. Not sure what to do with Satsuki aside from slotting her on A.Yomi once that's going.

Ilm! By far the best pull and something I really wanted since I have four potential A.Leilans. Time to make a system team! Oh, wait, I need 9 more red jewels now...fml.

Rolled NA three times to convince myself to wait till tomorrow. Grimrock, water row mech, 5th Kirin. Yeah, that worked.

smbu2000

Damn, my iPad was on a roll today.

Shiva
Kagutsuchi
Belial x2 (back to back rolls)
Satsuki!
Kanna! (ooh, a 6 star pull!) Although I wanted her for my iphone since I already have a dragon/attacker booster in Uub. Hers is for God/Dragon types though.

I guess I'm lucky that both of them require angelits/devilits. I was able to get Satsuki up to skill level 3 and Kanna up to level 4 with the angelits/devilts I had. Now I just have to farm the Friday dungeon since I need both.

My iPhone did okay...

Ares
Miverva (yay! been wanting her for awhile)
Indra (finally! wanted him for awhile too although that lessened with A. Susano)
Ame no Uzume
Uriel

The Fire fes has been strong for me.

They are good, but in comparison to my iPad...2 GFEs including a 6 star one...

Definitely happy overall, especially for my iPad.

edit: Fed my Indra 10 light jewels and got him up to level 5. Nice. Think I'll use a shynpy to finish him off as I'd like to keep the rest of my jewels in case I need them. Getting the last skill up usually takes me a long time as well...

yami4ct

With all the damn board changes, the quick 100x active and tons of time, I'm amazed how mistake proof my Awoken Ra team is. It's so forgiving. I've screwed up a ton and still end up clearing dungeons way easy. This team isn't even fully leveled, Ra is the only one with +s (not even at 297 yet) and Isis is the only max skill monster. He make a ton of dungeons were I struggled a ton actually doable for me. I love it.

EDIT:

US Godfest:
Hatsume
Hatsume
Mistrain
Claymore

Not one GF pull. Genbu is still my white whale. Bleh. I went from zero ninjas to 2 of the one I'll never use. I'll try to get together 1 more pull, but crap godfest is crap for me. Time to start stone hoarding again.

Noaloha

11 stones in the bank so two pulls today, then I'll pull again tomorrow with stones from 300 days.

Today's:

1. Gold! Metatron! Not a dupe!
2. Gold! Orochi! Not a dupe!

Happy with those, but not what I'm looking for. I'm pulling on GFs now only really to find various one or two pieces to round out my existing teams, not (as these are) to get other separate jigsaw pieces for new teams. Still, happy with the pulls.

smbu2000

Only needed 1 more stone for another pull and picked it up.

Pulled Cao Cao on my iPhone. Definitely a great addition to my Vegito team. I might replace Liu Bei on the team to make it more fire based with Cao Cao since he can cover wood for me. He has an additional 1 turn delay to go with the double Vegitos and he creates more fire orbs. Vegito/Vegeta/Trunks/Hino Kagu/Cao Cao, sounds pretty good.

zoku88

Rolled four times

Karin (first one, I'm not sure if I have a good Karin team or not.)
Berserker Z (don't know anything about him, so that probably tells me I should sell him for MP when that comes)
Haku (second, I will make this one awoken, I guess.)
Sharon (second, so will sell later.)

Rixa

No God Fest Gods here and pulls were quite bad as expected.

- Sea Serpent, MP shop stuff
- Fuu(ck), I dont have LMeta
- Muse, atleast I got sub for my Nut team (when ever I have time & stuff to level units there)
- Shaitan, I rather use Echidna

All in all, there goes 20 stones and all I get is Muse (which seems t be really nice with Nut when evolved).

Edit: It seems that Muse could work with LKali too?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rolled four times

Karin (first one, I'm not sure if I have a good Karin team or not.)
Berserker Z (don't know anything about him, so that probably tells me I should sell him for MP when that comes)
Haku (second, I will make this one awoken, I guess.)
Sharon (second, so will sell later.)
Do you have Yomi as well? With 2 Hakkus you could work on a nice A.Yomi team once we get her.
No God Fest Gods here and pulls were quite bad as expected.

- Sea Serpent, MP shop stuff
- Fuu(ck), I dont have LMeta
- Muse, atleast I got sub for my Nut team (when ever I have time & stuff to level units there)
- Shaitan, I rather use Echidna

All in all, there goes 20 stones and all I get is Muse (which seems t be really nice with Nut when evolved).

Edit: It seems that Muse could work with LKali too?

Man for some reason you have some bad gacha luck on PaD... But Muse is a good unit and we just got his survey dungeon so you coukd probably skill him up a bit.

Edit:

About 4.5M exp from the enhanced carnival. Hope they will keep doing this. Best use of PAL points.

In how many pulls ? Im thinking of using all my FP now.

linsivvi

Do you have Yomi as well? With 2 Hakkus you could work on a nice A.Yomi team once we get her.

Man for some reason you have some bad gacha luck on PaD... But Muse is a good unit and we just got his survey dungeon so you coukd probably skill him up a bit.

Edit:

37 pulls.

Rixa

Edit:

Yup, bad pull after bad pull, story of my PaD :D. Its ok, I know that we get more stones in the future so I expect to do more bad pulls in PaD :p.
Seriously, fuck my luck

About 4.5M exp from the enhanced carnival. Hope they will keep doing this. Best use of PAL points.

37 pulls.

Ok, I have so many units to level and soon I have some room too, so Iam going to blast all my PAL pts to dragons.

Pretty good start today,

Spent all my pal points on the special pull, got enough exp to level up my Sphinx and evolve it, so I got awoken Anubis.

I also got the extreme king metal, so I got the new Kirin ult as well.

I also leveled up sarasvati (5*) to get her closer to evo, and spent some extra light Eco on izanagi.

Tried and failed at challenge 8 because I thought I could kill the devilit in one turn with awoken Ra without using a skill. I was wrong. Waiting for stamina.

I NEED to go through challenges 6,7 & 8 for the free Piis. After that it's cao cao skill up time

Ducarmel

JP pulls

I got my 3rd Sengoku god, Mitsuhide. His active screws Ronia so I cant even put him on my devil team.
Dino rider
Gamble Mage

I can do more pulls but I feel like saving them for Attack on Titans collab news of it should be coming out some time in the near future.

NA pulls

Haku my 3rd i guess i dont have to worry about the consequences of awakening my max skilled one. I got 2 to awaken for A Yomi or Z8 team.

Okuni my second Japanese 2 may be next in line for split ult but Angels 1 have not got theirs yet so it could be after them.

Will try and fail to get Vishnu tomorrow.

What are your leaders? It'd be easier to give you some recommendations if we know what your box looks like. If you want, you can put up an account on PadHerder.com and we can give some tips.

Day 1 is likely the way to go for the majority of people. The Chinese series is still one of the best pantheons in the game. Day 2 is good if you really want the Indian 2.0s, but the Chinese are the best overall.

I'm only rank 69, but as of now my phone leaders are:

Set
Phantom Dragon, Anima
Lu Bu

Other stronger guys I have are:
War Deity Minerva
Norn of the Future, Skuld
Lakshmi
White Beast Demon, Ilm
Flash Sorcerer, Rei Sirius
Phantom Thunder Dragon, Sagirinokami

I rolled four times - I got a 10 stone bonus for getting 100 consecutive days, yay - and got:

Red Dragonbound, Gadius
Undine, the Water Elemental
Okuninushi
Dark Courier Kurone

Only one god.

And on my tablet (Rank 56) I just rolled and got GrimRock. Smh.

Leaders:
Double-Edged Blade Brave, Claymore
Liu Bei
Angelious

Strong:
Fortune Deity Lakshmi
Nut
Umisachi&Yamasachi
Bastet
Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova
Shinra Golden God Maxius
Black Beast Demon, Zuoh
Loki

I got some recommendations before but I'm definitely willing to accept more help if anyone has any.

I've got two rolls for tomorrow and depending on how play today goes I might be able to squeeze out a third. Hopefully I can get one of those.

smbu2000

Beginning 4/5 are dupes to be sold for MP. 5th Verdandi and on my first roll, jeez.

Phoenix Rider is great for my red teams especially A.Shiva. UmiYama is okay, maybe they'll be good enough to run again after Awoken form. Not sure what to do with Satsuki aside from slotting her on A.Yomi once that's going.

Ilm! By far the best pull and something I really wanted since I have four potential A.Leilans. Time to make a system team! Oh, wait, I need 9 more red jewels now...fml.

Rolled NA three times to convince myself to wait till tomorrow. Grimrock, water row mech, 5th Kirin. Yeah, that worked.
I also pulled Satsuki (on my iPad) and she's going to replace Cell as the leader of my Dragon team. 1.5x RCV for Dragons and 3.5x ATK for Attackers is better than the 3.5x attack for Dragons/Devils that Cell has. Most of my Dragon team is Attacker/Dragon so this works out great. Cao Cao, Liu Bei, Trunks and Uub. I can't use Cell on the team because he is Dragon/Devil. I've been using the team with a Vegito friend. He is also Dragon/Attacker.

Combined with Vegito's 1.25x RCV boost, that would give the team a 1.875 RCV boost, which is very nice indeed. My main trouble has always been healing with that team. Plus I'd still have the same 17.5x (3.5x x 5x) attack power. (TPAs are of course what boost the attack power a lot)

J0dy77

So happy they finally brought this King Carnival Pal egg machine over. Dumped over 100 stones for glorious glorious Experience.

Threw one stone at the Godfest, don't really need to roll in either of the days. Got a new Dark machine dragon... meh. Saving stones for 3x normals again.

6 rolls in the JP godfest, bunch of junk and a Krishna. I have a ton of red cards that need leveling on JP.

Rixa

Superjelly & happy same time for those great pulls others are doing :). For once lady luck shows her nice side to me. Too bad there were no dragons involved.

4 Emerald Pengdras & 1 Tamadra.
Grabbed Tamadra from new event Ocean Demon, one more Tamadra and GRG is max awoken:

Beign Attacker (& Devil) gets nice boost from GZL skill.

LuffyZoro

I've been throwing almost all of my natural stamina for the past 3 days at Sky Dragons, but still no Phoenix appearance. I spent 2 stones on stamina to get Theurga, and now this?

Kyuur

Lots of good looking rolls today (sorry Rixa, but Muse is good)! Grats everyone. Holding off on my pulls till tomorrow, hope it pays off!

Pulled 20~ times on enhance machine. Free levels are always nice, although I wish I would've pulled more red to 99 my Gadius.

I'm only rank 69, but as of now my phone leaders are:

Set
Phantom Dragon, Anima
Lu Bu

Other stronger guys I have are:
War Deity Minerva
Norn of the Future, Skuld
Lakshmi
White Beast Demon, Ilm
Flash Sorcerer, Rei Sirius
Phantom Thunder Dragon, Sagirinokami

I rolled four times - I got a 10 stone bonus for getting 100 consecutive days, yay - and got:

Red Dragonbound, Gadius
Undine, the Water Elemental
Okuninushi
Dark Courier Kurone

Gadius can be a good sub for your Anima or Set team. He is also a pretty good leader and your existing Minerva (onced ultimate evo'd to Awoken Minerva) is a great sub for him.

Okuni is a capable combo leader who will be better once his new ultimate evolution is released in NA (unless you're playing JP).

Also worth pointing out, you have one of the best leaders in the game in Lakshmi (once evolved to her ultimate 'Awoken Lakshmi' form, she isn't worth using until then). You also have one of her core subs in Skuld. Might be worth a shot to start investing in that team, Skuld can also be used as an easy farm leader.

Ilm is also quite good. Gadius can be used as a sub, you also want more light or fire orb changers (Leilan is perfect if you ever get her).

Top Bottom