• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

When do the alt coin dungeons disappear?

Jan 1st.

Dear Father GungHo it's 3x in JP and I've fed like 20 cats to Osiris and have gotten no skillups I JUST NEED ONE MORE TO MAX SKILL PLEASE WHERE HAVE I SINNED TO DESERVE THIS

I know this feeling, except it's a couple dozen Rodin tamas and each one costs 300 stamina. Also have Uriel being stubborn. But at least Z8 is moving at a nice pace for my non-existant dark teams.

On Stratios vs Zera, I would note that due to the nature of YomiDra's leader skill, Zera is essentially dead weight most of the time and contributes very little damage aside from the sub element. This is more significant than you'd think when YomiDra is built around doing "just enough" damage to take down some boss floors.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Interesting - thanks guys. I didn't really consider how Zera interacts with Yomi Dra...I was thinking about the gravity only, ha.

Still trying to decide which day(s) to pull on. Also, I'd LOVE an MP dragon. Yomi Dra would be my jam, but I have no Okuni (sp?).

Negator

*New Year’s Gold Dragon Party*
[Duration]: 12/31 (Thurs) - 1/1 (Fri), Various Timings

Ain’t no party like Gold Dragon party, because a Gold Dragon party don’t stop... For 48 hours!

Gold Dragon Infestation will be appearing at various timings throughout these dates, so please check back often. Don’t miss your chance to party!

Does anyone else think this makes absolutely no sense at all?

So looks like we get Deus Ex Machina tomorrow for a few days. For those interested in +egg stam efficiency, it looks like the best dungeon in the game for it. Even better than Hera Sowilo.

razterik

It's better, but difficult to farm with ease or speed. One of the harder descendeds.

Great place to pick up evolved golems for various ultimates, though.

jiggle

Came back from hiatus to try my luck at GF
Desperately needed an easy to use shiva tier leader on my main account

Main:
Shiva!!!
Chiyome(dupe)
Leviathan

Alt:
Shiva(dupe)
Indra
Set
Cinderella

Lucky!!!

FZZ

Banned
Rolls on alt

Ame No Uzume
D. Kali
Ares
Mitsuki (troll gold)
Chiyome (never had her even on my main)
Berserker Z (ugh)
SHIVA (never had one and I definitely want to use him for awoken shiva)

Overall good haul for my alt. Waiting day 3 to do 2 rolls on my main account, then I'm going to start saving once again until the new Godfest exclusives come to NA.

Rixa

Well I got some good pulls and some dupes and trash:

Screenshot_2015-12-31-10-28-27.png
- Gadius, (dupe), its 15k mp if I dont need 2
- Meimei, wow :)
- Nepnep, more choices for AA. Luci team when new Uevo hits NA
- Fuu(ck), (dupe), dunno if I should sell both
- Sharon, troll gold 5k mp
- Markab, (dupe), waiting evoes to be announced for cyberbeast series.
- Liu Bei, (dupe), having 2 in party might have sbr issues
- Red Riding Hood, silver but keeping since its my first RRH

I have so great wood subs and "only" Verdandi to lead them. Cant make good party if I use Meimei as leader, Phact could be my Light coverage there.

According to GungHo NA FB, Skill up rotation is coming next week. Sadly trifruit skills arent going to Norns.

Rixa

Ok, yeah going to toss + to Lucifer. Hopefully I will find friends when AA. Luci comes.

Work in progress:
Beside levels & evos I need 23 Tamadras :p.
100% sbr
Rows: Luci 3, Nepnep 2, A.Haku 0, Perse 2, Vritra 2, friend Luci 3 = 12 rows
OE: 6 dark, heart, 1 water, 1 fire

yami4ct

3 Free Pulls-2 Bought
Laila (Blah)
Anima (Come On!)
Kirin (Dupe, Oh hell!)

Guess I'll buy a couple more. It's new years and extra GFEs
Verdandi (Holly shit! White Whale get!)
Rouzel (Fine. She might find a niche someday).

So pumped about Verd. Pretty much everyone here knows that I've been pulling for her or Genbu for ages. Genbu might be slightly stronger (honestly haven't done much comparison), but this is the final piece I needed to open up a whole host of Green teams. Now my 2x Liu Bei, Bastet, Sasuke, Vishnu, Artemis, Parvati, Ceres, and Kushinada don't feel like wasted potential sitting there mocking me. Only green cards I could want and don't have on my account right now are Perseus and Susano, but I can live with that.

Uh, accidentally sold an ame no uzume that I just rolled. How badly did I screw up?

Is mono-Fire your key team? If so, she's pretty much the only bind-healer option they have. She's a great utility sub for Shiva, Awoken Horus, etc. Not killer, but she can be very useful.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is mono-Fire your key team? If so, she's pretty much the only bind-healer option they have. She's a great utility sub for Shiva, Awoken Horus, etc. Not killer, but she can be very useful.
Crap. Mainly still using a kirin team but I have shiva, cao cao x2, and ares so a mono fire was definitely in the cards. Oh well, lesson learned.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I kinda wanted to do a single pull - but right now i always see 100 +eggs next to the pull button which keeps me away from it. But it looks like Gala of Tide starts tomorrow..maybe one pull.
Rolls on alt

Ame No Uzume
D. Kali
Ares
Mitsuki (troll gold)
Chiyome (never had her even on my main)
Berserker Z (ugh)
SHIVA (never had one and I definitely want to use him for awoken shiva)

Overall good haul for my alt. Waiting day 3 to do 2 rolls on my main account, then I'm going to start saving once again until the new Godfest exclusives come to NA.
Hah, i love how you pulled DKali and act like its nothing special... damn you xD

Congrats on Shiva and Co. as well :)

Ok, yeah going to toss + to Lucifer. Hopefully I will find friends when AA. Luci comes.

Work in progress:

Beside levels & evos I need 23 Tamadras :p.
100% sbr
Rows: Luci 3, Nepnep 2, A.Haku 0, Perse 2, Vritra 2, friend Luci 3 = 12 rows
OE: 6 dark, heart, 1 water, 1 fire
Oh you will have no issues finding Luci friends looking at his stats.

btw. Congrats on the pulls - Meimei, 2nd Bei and Nep are really nice.

@yami4ct

Sweet - Verdandi is a great sub.

Rixa

I kinda wanted to do a single pull - but right now i always see 100 +eggs next to the pull button which keeps me away from it. But it looks like Gala of Tide starts tomorrow..maybe one pull.

Oh you will have no issues finding Luci friends looking at his stats.

btw. Congrats on the pulls - Meimei, 2nd Bei and Nep are really nice.
Thank you :).

You know, impulse pulls are best pulls and then you see that you have shitton of leveled & uevod & awoken REM units that you dont use at all.
Then you sell them and buy something even you know your plan is to use it as sub and dont have stuff to evo it or cost to add party...

Seriously this game, it doesnt feel bad at all.
Atleast I have room in inventory. What is the "easiest" way to obtain Heavy Metal Dragon?

cw_sasuke

You know, impulse pulls are best pulls and then you see that you have shitton of leveled & uevod & awoken REM units that you dont use at all.
Then you sell them and buy something even you know your plan is to use it as sub and dont have stuff to evo it or cost to add party...

Atleast I have room in inventory. What is the "easiest" way to obtain Heavy Metal Dragon?

Shiiiiieeeeeeeet !!!

Man congrats on Yomdidragon but you really shouldnt have done this...because now you are kinda forcing me to get one as well :-/

Unless you can clear Z8 or Dragon Rush - Legendary Earth on weekends is probably your best bet, but it might take a couple tries and its a 99sta dungeon.

Damn...that Yomidragon... xD

Rixa

Shiiiiieeeeeeeet !!!

Man congrats on Yomdidragon but you really shouldnt have done this...because now you are kinda forcing me to get one as well :-/

Unless you can clear Z8 or Dragon Rush - Legendary Earth on weekends is probably your best bet, but it might take a couple tries and its a 99sta dungeon.

Damn...that Yomidragon... xD
Iam sorry :/. The idea of this impulse buy was from your original pondering post to buy or not to buy YD.
I havent run Legendary Earth for many months, did clear it once. So that should be my best option (I havent tried Team Challenge there either).

Also the more I look it, I might be able to do team where YD is leader, not optimal tho (dont have Z8 / Dmeta / Akechi / Panda).

Edit: Didnt want to use my last Extreme dragon so used water super instead.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Morning pulls were Saria, Urd, and Chiyome. I've heard good things on Urd, but never seen Saria. Can't really complain yet. Still deciding how and what I want to pull over the rest of this fest.

Rolled twice today, probably buying a pack sometime this godfest.
-Saria (new!)
-Typhon (dupe)

So pumped about these rolls. I'll look at my box and see what my Saria team will look like, but the Saria/A. Thor combo seems to have a lot of success and should help me in dungeons my dark teams can't do.

I run Typhon, but don't know if I'll need a dupe so this is probably just MP, which I'm very happy about.

Now I just need to force myself to quit before I get trolled with silvers.

Rolled twice today, probably buying a pack sometime this godfest.
-Saria (new!)
-Typhon (dupe)

So pumped about these rolls. I'll look at my box and see what my Saria team will look like, but the Saria/A. Thor combo seems to have a lot of success and should help me in dungeons my dark teams can't do.

I run Typhon, but don't know if I'll need a dupe so this is probably just MP, which I'm very happy about.

Now I just need to force myself to quit before I get trolled with silvers.

Welp, this is one moment where my lack of willpower has paid off handsomely. One more roll, Mother fucking RYUNE! I feel like I'm on a heater. 3 rolls, 3 GFE, 2 of them 6*.

cw_sasuke

F yeah.. all these good pulls here tempted me enough to Yolo pull. Lakshmi. YES. No Dupe gold and with her Awoken version getting an upgrade im hyped for that team.

Rixa you better keep your Laksmi up in 2016 as well xD

Welp, this is one moment where my lack of willpower has paid off handsomely. One more roll, Mother fucking RYUNE! I feel like I'm on a heater. 3 rolls, 3 GFE, 2 of them 6*.
Wow congrats what a luck - that's the way to end this PaD year.
Iam sorry :/. The idea of this impulse buy was from your original pondering post to buy or not to buy YD.
I havent run Legendary Earth for many months, did clear it once. So that should be my best option (I havent tried Team Challenge there either).

Also the more I look it, I might be able to do team where YD is leader, not optimal tho (dont have Z8 / Dmeta / Akechi / Panda).

Edit: Didnt want to use my last Extreme dragon so used water super instead.

Very nice... Looking forward to see how your dark teams evolve in the next months. I might join the party soon.

Kyuur

They would have announced New Years special REM already if they were going to put it up right? Need to decide whether to save my stones for that or roll GFE. ><

Epic Drop

Congrats on the rolls everyone!

I can't bring myself to roll the REM, and probably won't be able to for a long time. I've got so many ideal teams, but I've always hated farming +eggs because it's so slow, so only my leads are +297 - and I know it's holding me back. With 10x decends here, I feel just like sasuke and see each REM roll as being 100+ eggs I could have gotten guaranteed.

Rixa

F yeah.. all these good pulls here tempted me enough to Yolo pull. Lakshmi. YES. No Dupe gold and with her Awoken version getting an upgrade im hyped for that team.

Rixa you better keep your Laksmi up in 2016 as well xD

Very nice... Looking forward to see how your dark teams evolve in the next months. I might join the party soon.
Welcome to A.L. Club \o/. Dont worry, it will be there, I just switched it to 2nd team place and Yomi D to first. Took A.Shiva away.
Suddenly I feel urgent need to do Metal dragons whenever they are.

Congratulations to everyone, great pulls! Happy new year only 7h to go and Iam in 2016.

hermit7

Dragon rush

Kyuur

I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. This godfest is better anyway.

I'll take your word for it.

Doing a roll a day, today is.. -drumroll-.. Silver. :( But wait, it's Red Riding Hood! YES!

Considering I wanted Mitsuki from New Years anyways, this will do. Bind resistant, bind clear + heart maker for Gadius. Brings the team up to 60% SBR too, which is usable! Just need Guan Yinping to come around to start skilling her.

Bladelaw

7 pulls
A couple "Fire Gala" dragons
Thumbelina
Hathor
Haku (third dupe...)

That's it. Well at least it's some MP. Is Hathor worth investing in if I have 3 Ra's?

Oh also thanks to some helpful advice and careful study I cleared the Thursday Mythical for the first time. That makes Keeper of Gold the only daily Mythical I haven't cleared. Now if only the red dragon fruits would drop.

donjezzy

was able to hypermax my yomidra in 3 days with zeus, also got lucky that my 350 days stone bonus was this last Sunday. Currently running yomidra,a. haku, Nephthys, izanami and valkyrie claire with haku and nep also hypermaxed.

godfest was also a success in two pulls I finally got a d.meta and a paravati whenever I decide to finally start to run green teams again. it started off difficult but it was a successful year of PAD and can't wait to see what's in store next year. If anyone needs a hypermaxed yomidra send me an invite.

You guys are making me want to roll my remaining stones...all I got were gala stuff in three rolls (one of which was useful, Chiyome).

For me, each troll roll is the equivalent of 80 +eggs disappearing into the ether. :(

Bladelaw

Two pulls for bjork

Dragon Rider
The Norn Skuld

are either worth investing time into?

Skuld is trophy material even if you don't plan on using her. Dragon Rider, I dunno. Looking at his stats and eventual awoken skills you'd need a Dark/Light or Light Dark row team to slot him in.

But from all accounts I've seen Skuld is great.

Silent_Z

Had stones enough for one pull while not compromising 297ing the whole Horus team off Zeus challenge. Dupe Leilan. Guess I can put that toward an eventual Tsubaki team, but probably not, cuz skilling 2 A.Leilans would take far more flampys or require farming way more red orbs than I'd ever want to mess with.

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but if I don't care about mini 3k, the special PEM looks likes crap, and I'm not missing out by pulling the regular PEM instead.

Outside of 3k, the only thing you can get there that is any kind of useful is the archer for Attack Stance - Wood skill ups, but that's one monster out of a pile of garbage. The other monsters don't even skill up anything else from what I can see. Regular PEM all the way.

smbu2000

Happy New Year!

Well on day 2 of the GF I pulled twice on each of my accounts.

On my iPhone I pulled Australis!!, a 5 star GFE nice. The same 5 wood rows character that I pulled on my iPad yesterday. I pulled one more time and... Australis again! Hmmm....His skill is nice especially skilled up, but he has 5 awakenings...all wood rows. No skill boosts/SBR or anything else...Makes it tough to use more than one.

I pulled twice on my iPad as well. First was a silver (sold right away) and the second was Lumiel. I'm actually pretty happy with this one. She's a dark god who is unbindable, has 3 TPAs and a 9 turn 4 color board change. I think I'm going to start plus egging her and use her on my YomiDra team instead of Pandora. I mainly aim for TPAs (after making a 5 combo), so she will put out much more damage compared to Pandora.

My iPad team will be YomiDra/AHaku/DMeta/Okuni/Lumiel.

Yes! Picked up a badpy for my Eschamali. Having the Alt. Dungeons in multi is really nice. Especially now that they are half stamina. 13 stamina for 24k exp/55k coins. 1 or 2 plus eggs usually drop as well. Since my "partner" was my iPad, I was able to get the exact same drops on it as well including the badpy, hehe.

After i read your post yesterday i was all like " F Yeah..i can do it, Yomidragon im coming..." but the reality hit me again. I have other teams i could be working on anyway and without Haku or the necessary Pys, half a year could go by until i would get all the materials to have the team ready... honestly if hadnt spend the couple Blackpys i had to finish off Z8 i probably had bought YomiD already.

What i will do instead i save up some materials so that i can get him down the line if it still makes sense.

Wooohoo..congrats - what an awesome pull. Talk about working on a perfect YomiDragon squad...and the Synergy Kite/Yomi etc.
Your REM Luck is nuts :eek:

Didnt know that GFE were 4X again for the upcoming Fest. I wish you good luck on your GF rolls - maybe it will get easier to justify Yomi Dragon after your pulls.
It's tough if you're trying to build a team from scratch.
On my secondary iPad account I probably wouldn't have done too much, but I already had a hyper DMeta from way back and my Haku was hyper from when I used her on my old Ronia team. I just needed to change her over to AHaku. My Okuni was already at max level/awakenings and I just needed to plus egg him.
It's nice to have some things in place already.

Looking at things in the team simulator, it seems like Saria is the team I'm going to build instead of Ryune. I'll see where I'm at after I finish pulling this GF, but I'd have a pretty solid team already with Saria/Indra/A. Ama/Valk/Fuma paired with a Thor. I need to evolve my Ama, but her mats aren't out of reach. Fuma and Valk already are skilled.

Ryune I have A. Isis/Nut and a bunch of other question marks.

https://www.padherder.com/user/dr_lawyercop/monsters Here's my herder if anyone wants to take a look. I could be over looking something. Levels aren't updated, but it should be all monsters of note.

LuffyZoro

Did one roll for day 1, ended up with my second Haku. She's not bad to get a dupe of, cause between her and Satsuki I have the makings of a solid dark TPA team. Saving two more rolls for day 3, and I'll use the rest of my stones farming plusses.

Top Bottom