• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jagernaut

Sun Quan Ult Evo Art :eek:

Pr1otfd.jpg

Would be nice if he get TPA Awakenings in his Ult Evo...well and that the materials arent that difficult to get xD How long does it usually take from the Artwork unveiling till its release in the JP or US version of the game ?

Blue/Green Sun Quan? I expected Blue/Light, the usual healer colors.

It usually takes a month or two for us to get the new updates/evolutions.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice, seems we are getting free Tamadras again. Guess ill have my U&Y team max awoken by tomorrow then - sucks that i didnt make it in time for Athena.

you should farm pirates on Legendary Seaway (less stamina to get, better exp).

Haha, no. I max skilled mine back when Pirate dungeons were biweekly and got 2x drop rate bonus and it was still fairly painful. The pirate drops are uncommon, and barely exist below Legend difficulty. You would have no drop rate bonus and limited farm time without buying the dungeon again.

Haha ok, thanks for the response i knew it would have been too good if you could just farm a bunch of them on the survey dungeon. Guess i need to visit Legendary Seaway at some point after all :-D

Blue/Green Sun Quan? I expected Blue/Light, the usual healer colors.

It usually takes a month or two for us to get the new updates/evolutions.

Thats sooner than expected tought it might take 4-5 months till the US version gets it, thats cool. I just wanna know which Evo materials he needs asap so that i can start looking for them already... i have a feeling it will involve again some Sacred Masks xD

Whatever Awakenings he get, would be nice if the updates makes him an better leader for a Healer team.

cw_sasuke

Wouldn't B/G SunQuan be a good sub for U&Y?

Yeah, especially if he get TPA. The thing is he is already a essential part of the Healer U&Y team, so everything he gets now would just make him more awesome...cant wait for it !!

cw_sasuke

Athena get
EWmof.gif

2015-01-19-20-44-22r6z3j.png

It was straightforward if you know what to do, i still had to orb for stamina because i died twice on the first round fighting Gigas because of screwed-up lol. 3rd time is a charm, used GZL instead of Sun Quan in my team. Didnt even get to use CTW or a TPA 25x combo...but happy that it still worked out at the end.

Guess i have now 2 Light units to level. Might focus on LValky first though because i have her Asc material and 0 RCV on Athena is kinda lame (but probably nice for GZL ?).

I think im fine when it comes to farmables for now... Santa Hera, Wolf King, LValk, Athena enough to level right now.

jay23

Nice, I still have to get my Athena, will give it a shot later. Last time I died on the first floor as well lol.

Since we're receiving tamadras I'm gonna go ahead and awaken my Odin. He seems to be a very helpful key sub for a lot of things.

Jagernaut

First zero stone clear of Fagan dungeon, feels good. My first Ronia, Haku, and Lilith are max skilled and friend Lu Bu was hyper maxed. Lucifer has no skillups so I had to stall 17 turns on the Tamadra (full Tamadra dropped).

This was one of my long term goals. Now I have to level him up and get the jewels to evolve him to Dark/Light. Final board was perfect 5 rows + skyfalls.

seady

I don't understand why the US version doesn't standardise the Super King Dragon dungeons during non-event week like the Japanese version. (There is only Normal King Dragon dungeon and they are waste of stamina when there is no 2x king appearance rate.)

The Super King dungeons are the best way to use up stamina during non-event week. It gives us chance to raise those monster levels and use up those stamina when there is no other things to play during the down week.

seady

I can't believe it took them this long for that UI. I don't really know why they left it out in the first place.

Agree. A game should not require you to look up FAQs to play.

I adore P&D but one thing I don't like is that it heavily requires you to look up FAQs to play the game - not just for ultimate evo, but also require when beating many stages (especially descended stage as there are many unforeseen One-Hit KO).

razterik

I think a patch got announced on last Friday's stream but they didn't give an ETA on when it was happening.

Also UI for busties finally happening
http://p.twipple.jp/QiR8h

Wow, finally. Having to hunt through your box for the right materials and pray you picked them correctly is ridiculous. They are so far behind on these sort of QOL updates. Can we get a plus egg management system next?

I have a few spare noels sitting around, so I guess I will hold them a bit longer.

cw_sasuke

Yeah I didn't even know what Ultra Evos were a couple of months ago, was even more shocked when I realized that you could Ult Evo right away without needing to be max level and that it had to be done from the power up menu.

So weird.

Speaking of QoL updates, when will we be able to sort our friend list by time expired? When will the damage number display be updated to show all the digits for the leaders?

Wonder if the decision makers at Gungho would get the suggestions if we bitch tweet at GunghoNA.

razterik

D/D is probably better for Ronia, D/L for color coverage in rainbow teams.

But the real answer is neither, you should make him D/G Awoken Hades instead because Ronia doesn't need gravity and neither do most rainbow teams anymore.

saichi

Athena get
EWmof.gif

2015-01-19-20-44-22r6z3j.png

It was straightforward if you know what to do, i still had to orb for stamina because i died twice on the first round fighting Gigas because of screwed-up lol. 3rd time is a charm, used GZL instead of Sun Quan in my team. Didnt even get to use CTW or a TPA 25x combo...but happy that it still worked out at the end.

Guess i have now 2 Light units to level. Might focus on LValky first though because i have her Asc material and 0 RCV on Athena is kinda lame (but probably nice for GZL ?).

I think im fine when it comes to farmables for now... Santa Hera, Wolf King, LValk, Athena enough to level right now.

you are already level 172? I think I play 300 more days than you and am only at 194... you catch up fast!

colinp

Banned
D/D is probably better for Ronia, D/L for color coverage in rainbow teams.

But the real answer is neither, you should make him D/G Awoken Hades instead because Ronia doesn't need gravity and neither do most rainbow teams anymore.

Having just got Hades last GF, too, I dont necessarily disagree with you but the materials needed to get Awoken Hades... Ugh.

StMeph

So I start up PAD intermittently now and Valk has an 8* ult evo? All of them do?

...and it takes a drop that is out of reach but was free if only I'd signed on earlier. GFG.

Also YOLO pulled a light Kali during the last godfest. But unlike Monster Strike where REM pulls are miserly but XP is plentiful beyond belief, I don't have enough XP or evolution materials now to go around for everyone to bring up.

J0dy77

Agree. A game should not require you to look up FAQs to play.

I adore P&D but one thing I don't like is that it heavily requires you to look up FAQs to play the game - not just for ultimate evo, but also require when beating many stages (especially descended stage as there are many unforeseen One-Hit KO).

I agree that this needed to happen for QoL but part of the reason why PAD has been so successful was because of these shortcomings. People love the gameplay so much that we've formed communities all of the internet, made in game and online friends because of the shortcomings.

The biggest changes I want to see for QoL are better friends list management. I should be able to see how many times I've used a particular friend. Plus the feeding process should be improved, it's extremely tedious at this point.

So this last godfest I finally picked up a Hades and I'm wondering if D/D or D/L is better for a ronia team.

Awoken Hades is only Hades!!! Now if Gunghos would just stop teasing us and just implement it in NA, this one feels like it is taking forever. This is becoming a huge gripe for me. Having to wait months after JP just to add and awoken mob change is ridiculous. Just bring us up to date with JP already.

Joking/ranting aside, if you can't get Awoken then D/D is the way to go. I had mine this way for a long time and he is a great fit on any devil team. He's a sub first and foremost and you'll probably never use him as a lead.

The waiting is the hardest part:

PRQR8mml.jpg

razterik

Awoken Hades was mid/early Dec in JP, so we are pretty much right on schedule for updates as long as it comes Thursday. Christmas always slows things down.

Join the good cause people, leave the amazing speed farming leader D/L Fagan as your Team 1 lead! :D

Support for this, he's great. Didn't have enough spare jewels this time, but he's in my list to do soon. Gotta take advantage of my fresh +297 Awoken Kagu.

I'm always looking for D/L Fagan friends. I don't use him very often yet, since the my subs for his team aren't ready, but when I see one pop up I try to use it.

linsivvi

Join the good cause people, leave the amazing speed farming leader D/L Fagan as your Team 1 lead! :D

The leaders I use now are Horus and Beelzebub but still keeping Kirin as team 1, if there were more D/L Fagan on my friendlist I will consider switching. :p

Jagernaut

Just cleared Mephistopheles descend for the first time, using my Dark Metatron team. Echidna was only used to delay until Fallen Angel Lucifer's dark bind wore off.

DTron has 1 skillup, the rest of the team are max skilled.

Quantum

If trades were possible I would definitely trade 1 Hanzo for Persephone or Lu Bu.

I would also trade 1 of my 4 Ronias for a Light Metatron.

heh - I'd take that trade. I think I had 6 Lmetas at one point - still no ronia/Dmeta

(I do have the chibi ronia though)

smbu2000

After finally unlocking and clearing the King of the Gods over the weekend. I cleared both Legendary Seaway and Legendary Earth on both of my accounts. On my main one using my Vegeta party and on my secondary account with my DMeta party.

Glad I've cleared all the normal dungeons now.

Looking forward to that upgrade of the Noels. I have a Red one sitting in my box and I can quickly level up my recently acquired Leilan.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/150121_skill.html
Warriors got new LS: 3.5x attack to their attributes when hp is over 50%
L/D ra skill buffed to 7x.
So they're upping the multiplier on L/D Ra. I wonder what they will do with L/L Ra then? It will be L/D Ra with 7x attack for 5 colors vs. L/L Ra with 4x attack for 5 colors or 7x attack for 5 colors plus hearts

Sort of imbalanced now, although L/L Ra has the better awakenings.

raiot

I hope you are ready for some MASSIVE pain, gaia is on of the most difficult dungeons because of its restriction...

Maid

Banned
I hope you are ready for some MASSIVE pain, gaia is on of the most difficult dungeons because of its restriction...

No pain, no gain.

Kidding aside, I'm waiting for the next x2 super chance. Already got enough members for Guan Yi Ping team. I'm really ready.

cpT5Li9.png

J0dy77

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

We will probably get the Hades ultimate in this week's update.

This makes me extremely Happy. My two prong Lu Bu/Ronia devil team will be complete. My biggest wish right now is for Lu Bu ultimate evo to have dual two prong and bad ass artwork.

This dungeon... no words.

Top Bottom