• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

razterik

No stamina overflow and still no clear indicator on coin dungeons. Lazy update is lazy.

Already did Awoken Hades, even if there's nothing to run him on yet. I cry a little every time I have to dump all these exp rich materials into max level cards. 7 turn Amon/Astaroth and sticker girls are much more appealing subs now.

linsivvi

He's glorious, even gave him the badpy I was saving.

yXg0XW4l.jpg

Wow. He's a beast in the Beelzebub-Ronia team.

Hope I can get him from a Godfest someday.

Jagernaut

I guess I should level and evolve my gaia... Thank you god rush for dropping her! (I hate the Gaia dungeon more than the extreme god rush descend, Gaia dungeon is that terrible)

Stealth Edit: now I wonder typing and colors for Awoken Venus... Light/Blue, Red, or Green. How do they modify CtW and not make it really broken? Typing is easy, healer/balanced or Healer/Devil (I will be surprised at anything else). I included Healer/Devil because every other Awoken greek/Roman god has devil typing...

I would like to see a Light/Blue Awoken Venus with CTW + an extra effect. Maybe light and blue enhance + CTW, or mini gravity + CTW.

Jagernaut

We are getting the Armored Knights Carnival tomorrow. I want the god burst knight (Muse) for my Horus and Athena teams and the healer burst knight (Arcline) for Valk/Light Zhuge Liang teams.

I feel like I haven't made any progress in so long. I've reached Polar Night Tower, Blue Guardian, and get one-shot by the boss in the last wave.

My team:

No.370 Idunn&Idunna
Lv.Max but can't get two ingredients to evolve (Keeper of Rainbow, and Mystic Mask)

No.202 Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
Lv.52

No.1181 Water Sprite, Sharulu
Lv.48

No.312 Blazing Ice Ogre
Lv.Max

No.265 Deep Chimera
Lv.57

You should work on getting the materials to evolve I&I, with certain gimmick builds the dungeons you get those in can be trivialized.

Who are you partnering with to run dungeons? The friend leader is as important to the party as your own and it's difficult to point out if you've done anything "wrong" without knowing what it is.

You should work on getting the materials to evolve I&I, with certain gimmick builds the dungeons you get those in can be trivialized.

Who are you partnering with to run dungeons? The friend leader is as important to the party as your own and it's difficult to point out if you've done anything "wrong" without knowing what it is.

Earth-Rending Emperor, Siegfried. Or whoever has the most HP and is a water type since survivability is my main problem.

Earth-Rending Emperor, Siegfried. Or whoever has the most HP and is a water type since survivability is my main problem.
Siegfried is a poor choice for friend leader since only he gets the benefit from his leader skill. You should look into evolved Hermes for friends instead, who gives 2xHP and 2xATK for Water monsters, helping your survivability and damage. The friend finder on puzzledragonx.com should help with this.

The boss on Blue Guardian specifically, though, tests the DPS of your team. You get a very large number of turns before Leviathan does the OHKO move so you just have to burn him down in time. Many teams are unable to survive that attack so don't worry about HP. You might want to look into friend leaders that give you larger color-agnotstic attack multipliers, such as Isis or Bastet or Haku, as well.

If you have an Echidna, you can also Menace the boss to give you more time to damage the boss at the cost of losing a blue attacker.

EDIT: vvv I forgot about Neptune too, I can also put mine up if you give me your friend id.

Jagernaut

You can team up with a Hermes for double hp or a Abyss Neptune for 55% damage reduction from water enemies. Post your id if you want me to add you and put one of those leaders up.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Those Armored Knights look good, but i dont have a team i would use them on right now. The chance of getting a good unit outside of a Godfest also isnt as high. I safe my stones for Tama retreat.

Wish we would have gotten Stamina Overflow with this maintenance. :-/
Yes.

Yes. It's a common way to combat some of the massive pre-emptives without running a leader with an HP modifier.

A stone, an e-peen boost, and you unlock one of the best dungeons in the game
that I haven't even tried yet because I don't want to lose the "new" label without replacing it with a "clear" label

Alright thanks :)
Guess i will have to improve my combo skills with Kushi to enable higher multipliers or just use a more safe Friend Leader.

And i will have to beat the Endless Corridor Dungeons at some point for the stone.

He's glorious, even gave him the badpy I was saving.
Congrats man...the effort to evolve some of these units :bow

jiggle

I feel like I haven't made any progress in so long. I've reached Polar Night Tower, Blue Guardian, and get one-shot by the boss in the last wave.

My team:

No.370 Idunn&Idunna
Lv.Max but can't get two ingredients to evolve (Keeper of Rainbow, and Mystic Mask)

No.202 Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
Lv.52

No.1181 Water Sprite, Sharulu
Lv.48

No.312 Blazing Ice Ogre
Lv.Max

No.265 Deep Chimera
Lv.57

You can use an ultimate evolved green Odin helper to whittle down the boss

You can farm rainbow keeper by using ult evo green Odin also
Perhaps with siren as lead, though I don't remember if this is necessary

You can farm mystic mask with a zombie team (siren as lead, 4 blue low level/hp trash monster, and a grundy or blue ogre helper)

Tobe

sometimes i wish you could dungeons for free no stamina involved, the catch would be not getting any drops, minimal exp. something along those lines i really like the game specially certain dungeons i wish i could replay them without any repercussion like stam.

Jagernaut

10920919_996924830336109_5201770401259514215_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Armored Knight Carnival*
[Duration]: 1/23 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 1/29 (Thurs), 11:59 PM (PST)

Those who adorn the armor of justice step forth to protect… and entertain! The Armored Knights are unique combatants adept at increasing the strength of the type of team they fight for.

Monsters in this lineup are featured at 3x rates, and arrive at Lv. 30. There are fifteen featured monsters in all!

Also with the introduction of this Carnival, there is now a permanent decrease in probability for select 3★ and 4★ Rare Egg Machine monsters such ‘Naga’ and ‘Siren’.

See the lineup below:

5 ★
1649 Red Knight, Nim (NEW)
1651 Blue Knight, Muse (NEW)
1653 Green Knight, Delgado (NEW)
1655 Holy Knight, Arcline (NEW)
1657 Evil Knight, Creuse (NEW)

1614 Fire Wizard, Laila
1616 Water Wizard, Sharon
1618 Wood Wizard, Leeza
1620 Light Wizard, Rei Sirius
1622 Dark Wizard, Dill Sirius
1624 Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas
1626 Jester Wizard, Chester

4 ★
1502 Fire Dragon Swordsman
1504 Water Dragon Swordsman
1506 Shining Dragon Swordsman

Monsters with decreased probabilities in the Rare Egg Machine are listed below:

★4
89 Echidna
91 Siren
93 Mandrake
95 Angel
97 Lilith

★3
88 Naga
90 Mermaid
92 Dryad
94 Cupid
96 Succubus

You can team up with a Hermes for double hp or a Abyss Neptune for 55% damage reduction from water enemies. Post your id if you want me to add you and put one of those leaders up.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I paid more attention to what leader skills the helpers had and, I forget the name but, there was a helper that halved water damage and I was able to defeat the boss. :)

My ID is 347,571,220 if anyone still wants to add me.

Maid

Banned
sometimes i wish you could dungeons for free no stamina involved, the catch would be not getting any drops, minimal exp. something along those lines i really like the game specially certain dungeons i wish i could replay them without any repercussion like stam.

Isn't there Endless dungeon?

Jagernaut

Thanks for the advice, guys. I paid more attention to what leader skills the helpers had and, I forget the name but, there was a helper that halved water damage and I was able to defeat the boss. :)

I sent you an invite. My P&D name is Static@GAF. If you need a particular leader, let me know.

ZeroAKA

yeah it was announced a while ago to be global, dont know why but im not feeling kenshiro, drawing doesnt make him justice. not enough ATATATATATATATATATATATATATA
P&D NA just tweeted the picture 15 minutes ago, so I'm assuming we don't have to wait much longer for the collab.

I am 3 for 5 on mythical dragon fruit dungeon. Both times I have failed were related to red orb sky falls and having a ridiculous number of bind turns on one of my leaders (I can deal with just about any other monsters being bound significantly just not them)

Got one of each fruit, still need two more red fruits for Ronia. Even if I had gotten them I still would not ultimate her until the skills revert (want my skill up chance)

Are we supposed to get mini 3k any time soon (say next two months)? I have a terrible time getting pal points (3 pulls every two days during the week, 2 a day on Saturday and Sunday thanks to Ganesha). With 30 pills saved I can either go nuts on the rare evo material, or wait for those mini 3k

ZeroAKA

I am 3 for 5 on mythical dragon fruit dungeon. Both times I have failed were related to red orb sky falls and having a ridiculous number of bind turns on one of my leaders (I can deal with just about any other monsters being bound significantly just not them)

Got one of each fruit, still need two more red fruits for Ronia. Even if I had gotten them I still would not ultimate her until the skills revert (want my skill up chance)
My success rate for Thursday Mythical is about the same as yours. My Ronia is never going to skill up. :(

Tobe

quote those, they too big. but i hope kenshiro evo or uvo gets better (aka ripped jacket and shirt)

also its nice too see raoh with muso tensei. goddamit im a HnK die hard fan.

smbu2000

My success rate for Thursday Mythical is about the same as yours. My Ronia is never going to skill up. :(
I've pretty much got the Thursday dungeon down with my DMeta team and I rarely fail. It's just getting the red fruit to drop... I'm also 0/15 lately on skilling up my Ronia. Initially went 1/2, but since then no luck even on 2x and 2.5x skill up times. Still stuck at level 3 (used a flampy as well).

Finally more info about the HnK collab. I've been eagerly awaiting it and saving most of my stones for it.

raiot

I added you, my name is Raiod@pgaf
If you need a specific leader, just write me. But i'm from germany so it might take a while for me to answer if you message in the middle of the night ;)

raiot

Yeah, its expensive stamina wise, but not really difficult to obtain...
edit:
The good thing about her having no evolution but a UVO: You can feed her to herself for skills AND awakenings because all monsters that allready have awakenings store additional awakenings and after you evo her, she is fully awoken.

cw_sasuke

+20 pal pulls for a Sacred mask - no luck. But i got Angelit, which i will use for Athena. Valkyre will have to wait a bit....

Edit:

Done !! My first and probably only 8* unit for a while. Now i need Tamas ... xD

2015-01-23-14-26-32ahuqi.png

I sent you an invite. My P&D name is Static@GAF. If you need a particular leader, let me know.

Added.

I added you, my name is Raiod@pgaf
If you need a specific leader, just write me. But i'm from germany so it might take a while for me to answer if you message in the middle of the night ;)

Says your list is full. :(

Any general advice on leveling up my rank? Tower of Giants on the weekends isn't cutting it anymore.

Will this Collab be as underwhelming as the DC one?

It seems like the JP only and Batman collab have been the only ones worth going after.
All collabs are underwhelming imo. You either roll because 1) you like the properties involved 2) you have money/stones to burn and can chase the 2 or 3 cards worth anything.

DBZ part 3 honestly looked like the only collab really worth rolling in (and I still didn't roll in it). Almost everything had some kind of use outside of maybe Videl. Batman seems like the same thing on paper, but there's only 5 cards leading to a high chance of rolling trash in the form of dupes.

I evolved my Green Lhuge Zhuge. Free Tamas are going to him this event.

Now I understand that good subs for him are Lui Bui (Have) and Perseus (have), both unevolved. But I have no clue who else I can use. I have a TON of green REM monsters (except for Ceres), Multiple Parvatis (un-evolved), an Archangel Michael (evolved, but not ultimate evolved), Marine Rider Robin (not ultimate evolved), Susano G/G Ultimate, artemis ultimate evo, GrOdin (ultimate evo), Freya (not evolved at all), sasuke (not-ultimate evolved), and two Bastets one G/L ultimate, one un-evolved.

Basically other than my first Bastet (s-rank queen), Artemis Ultimate (used for the green monster only dungeon), GrOdin (Kirin Sub) and Susano (max skilled so useful) I have neglected my green monsters entirely.

Any thoughts?

cw_sasuke

Does Grodin have all Awakenings? The autoheals might be a problem with GZL... Well not a problem if you play accordingly but probably not the best choice.

Kushinada would be a good sub to take some hits in descended dungeons. Marine Rider Ult Evo and Sasuke evolved seems to be the great for the team. Athena Ult. Evo is also recommend for some GZL teams... Haven't tried her yet with my GZL because I'm missing the Awakenings.

@Starzonedge
Dont forget to check out the Google Doc friendlist on page 1.

hermit7

Finally, these 2!

https://40.media.tumblr.com/8ac11ab7fc3122c85a676d3adf84819d/tumblr_nims2lI3wi1srgzyyo1_540.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/1118f832dbc0e096cb612ca5fee19133/tumblr_nims3317Ol1srgzyyo1_540.jpg[IMG]

Last screenshots from my Galaxy S4.. Expecting the Nexus 6 arrival tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on those two. Need 2 more water orbs to even consider uevoing Hera Is. Need a fat metal and another light orb for valk. Had one but used it on Blue and Black Valks.

Really want to get a gaia for awoken Hades, but she is such a bitch to get.

Zero_IYAD

Congrats on those two. Need 2 more water orbs to even consider uevoing Hera Is. Need a fat metal and another light orb for valk. Had one but used it on Blue and Black Valks.

Really want to get a gaia for awoken Hades, but she is such a bitch to get.
PAL Machine is the source of most of my orbs ; )

cw_sasuke

PAL Machine is the source of most of my orbs ; )
If it weren't for Pal rare drops I think Echidna would be my only Ult Evo still xD

Congrats on those evolutions, really looking forward to evolving Valkyre as well... But I spend the jewels on Athena.. Will be a while before I can Ult Evo Valk.

Jagernaut

What are you guys going to use ultimate Hera-Is for? I haven't tried to make one, doubt I would use her as a leader. I'm working on making Awoken Neptune and D/L Fagan, I need jewels and a ton of Tamadras.

I saw some videos of D/L Fagan destroying dungeons with double TPA subs (Drake and Arthur) and Sonias for the bosses.

Zero_IYAD

I usually do 10 rolls during every event, and I think the last time I saw a gold egg from the PAL machine was in November.
Ouch, that's some bad luck!
Got me 2 Blue Orbs in a single pull today, thus Hera-Is Ulti became possible!
I also got 3 Red Orbs last event!
If it weren't for Pal rare drops I think Echidna would be my only Ult Evo still xD

Congrats on those evolutions, really looking forward to evolving Valkyre as well... But I spend the jewels on Athena.. Will be a while before I can Ult Evo Valk.
I should start working on Hades, but that damn Gaia is the worst descended to pick >_<
What are you guys going to use ultimate Hera-Is for? I haven't tried to make one, doubt I would use her as a leader. I'm working on making Awoken Neptune and D/L Fagan, I need jewels and a ton of Tamadras.

I saw some videos of D/L Fagan destroying dungeons with double TPA subs (Drake and Arthur) and Sonias for the bosses.
Not sure really, I haven't actually used my Ulti Hera-Ur nor Ulti Athena either!

Top Bottom