• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

jay23

This makes me extremely Happy. My two prong Lu Bu/Ronia devil team will be complete. My biggest wish right now is for Lu Bu ultimate evo to have dual two prong and bad ass artwork.

This dungeon... no words.

Same here, I hope he gets the Liu Bei treatment.

What team did you use? I need 1 for Neptune ultimate but haven't beat it yet. I might try a dark Ronia team.
I used Kirin/LTron/Grodin/Echidna/Verche//Kirin. Wasn't actually trying to beat the dungeon, just wanted to see how far I could get so I didn't bring any specific tech for it.

Dark Ronia might have problems on the floor with two dark shieldras.

Jagernaut

I used Kirin/LTron/Grodin/Echidna/Verche//Kirin.

Dark Ronia might have problems on the floor with two dark shieldras.

Fire Ronia will only do 1/2 damage to the many water bosses in the dungeon so I'll have to go mostly dark.

There is a sample team on puzzledragonx :

Ronia
D/D Haku
D/D Lucifer
D/W Vampire
King Baddie
Ronia

I can't make the 17,862 minimum hp to survive Neptune without changing Lucifer to D/F or subbing in Hadar.

I like D/D Lucifer's attack but his much lower hp sucks. Should I switch him to D/F?

J0dy77

1 stoned since I failed the 5-Challenge, but I got him the next turn. Now to grab a dark orb for Neptune...

What team did you use? I made it to Hermes with Athena team but the wood lock out and lack of RCV made it hard. I might switch in Ceres to help. My Lu Bu team got completely trolled on dark orbs, and couldnt get out of round 1. I think I'll swap in Vamp to help with that.

Edit: NM, saw your post.

Fire Ronia will only do 1/2 damage to the many water bosses in the dungeon so I'll have to go mostly dark.

There is a sample team on puzzledragonx :

Ronia
D/D Haku
D/D Lucifer
D/W Vampire
King Baddie
Ronia

I can't make the 17,862 minimum hp to survive Neptune without changing Lucifer to D/F or subbing in Hadar.

I like D/D Lucifer's attack but his much lower hp sucks. Should I switch him to D/F?
I guess I got lucky on Neptune? He never did the 17k attack so I just had to survive poison damage. He's on 2cd so you have breathing room to heal up and plink him down.
What team did you use? I made it to Hermes with Athena team but the wood lock out and lack of RCV made it hard. I might switch in Ceres to help. My Lu Bu team got completely trolled on dark orbs, and couldnt get out of round 1. I think I'll swap in Vamp to help with that.

Edit: NM, saw your post.
First floor ends runs for a lot of teams and I scrubbed out there last time I attempted the dungeon. Grodin being unbindable was a big help for those floors with pre-emptive wood binds.

Hige

I just beat Zeus Mercury for the first time with a Beelzebub/Ronia team. Subs were Ronia, Lu Bu, Persephone, and D/L Batman; both Ronias were +297. I think I might've been better off with Drawn Joker instead of Batman though, since I ran out of hearts on Zeus and had to stone once. I whittled Zeus down to about 60% before using Ronia and Lu Bu. I'm not sure if I could OHKO Zeus from 100% so I didn't want to chance it, but the binds at the 75% mark and lack of hearts finished me off.

Oh well, one step closer to Awoken Neptune.

Oh well, one step closer to Awoken Neptune.

It was great when I got my awoken Neptune a couple of weeks ago. The awoken Greek/Roman gods are just so much better than their old ultimates.

I have awoken Minerva and awoken Neptune, and most of the mats for Awoken hades, (need to evo Gaia and get a Dark Zues)

Jagernaut

I have 2 Neptune and 2 Venus. I'm in the middle of the Zeus Mercury dungeon right now to get 1 for Neptune ultimate. Still waiting on the Venus ultimate. Probably need Mephistopheles or Hera Sowilo or L/L Zeus to evo Venus ultimate.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man...just reading the stuff here, some PaD dungeons are nuts. So i looked up the Gaia Desc that was mentioned earlier..." hmm ... enemy skills could be a problem, but it doesnt seem THAT difficult"...a couple seconds later.... " Max team cost 14p" .... /dead

Also the Ult evo material some units like Hades/Neptune need :eek:

But it wouldnt be a post from me without at least 2 questions ;-)

If you have 2 Kushi Leaders for example in the Weekend dungeon...does the damage stack ? Because i tried it last time and it didnt feel that way.

Can you use Kushinadas active to defend against Pre-emptive ? So for example activate, kill the current enemies and than tank the Pre-emptive on the next floor ?

Do you get any kind of reward for beating Endless Corridor ?

btw. Im glad we are getting PAL points right now, for whenever rare evo materials return on the PAL machine. My change getting sacred masks is higher there than taking on Room of the Sacred Mask right now.

you are already level 172? I think I play 300 more days than you and am only at 194... you catch up fast!

To be fair thats just because i have been mindlessly farming the last couple weeks, was kinda pissed that i didnt have 100 stamina the last time we got the Tamadra Dungeon. Now that i need to gather Evo materials and try new dungeons i wont be ranking up as fast any more.

If you have 2 Kushi Leaders for example in the Weekend dungeon...does the damage stack ? Because i tried it last time and it didnt feel that way.
Yes.

Can you use Kushinadas active to defend against Pre-emptive ? So for example activate, kill the current enemies and than tank the Pre-emptive on the next floor ?
Yes. It's a common way to combat some of the massive pre-emptives without running a leader with an HP modifier.

Do you get any kind of reward for beating Endless Corridor ?
A stone, an e-peen boost, and you unlock one of the best dungeons in the game
that I haven't even tried yet because I don't want to lose the "new" label without replacing it with a "clear" label

J0dy77

I subbed out Persephone for Vamp on my Lu Bu team and was able to burst through the first round with a double row match. I'm up to Hermes and had to stop but will see if I can get through it later. Anything else I should look out for?

Quantum

totally taking a break from this game - ready to throw my fist through my phone - which would probably cause more damage then its worth (to my hand and or phone).

utter gungtrolled today.

the higher your perceived skill level the larger the chance of getting trolled. you can put a team together for months to try something and the game either orb trolls, spawn trolls or skyfall trolls - zero skill involved.

When I started the game it used to be a challenge to get through levels and better my team to take either a defensive stance or set up a great board - it really felt like I was improving and there was some skill involved.

over the recent evolution the game has turned to such shitty gimmicks that I think I've finally given up hoping that there is a modicum of skill in the end game. rub off all the pretty skill ups and + eggs and the game becomes pay to win, RNG becoming more important then matching ability - so frustrating as it feels like a complete an utter cash grab.

Tobe

so dont know how but, had extra stamina just laying around and said fuck it imma do mask mythical. didnt expecto to make it or anything i used to ran a sort of attacker skill lock team which sucked only 80% resist and a couple of dark rows, if i didnt combo correctly bam dead.

so i decided to try another team just because fuck it, it was a walk in the park, blew through everything, last stage popped kirin and cao cao along side bastet and done. easy.

Devil bastet leader lv 76 skill level 2
Uvo kirin lv 81 no skill ups
uvo gryps max level no skill ups
D/L Yomi max level max skill
Cao Cao lv 95 Skill level 5
Friend Hypermaxed Bastet

Finished max skilling both my Echidnas. The first one took 44 feeds and the second took 17, so it pretty much evened out. I probably won't bother making any more.

Once I get them both fully leveled I'll be able to try out my Fagan farming team. Having him at max SL would make him a pretty solid sub.

Jagernaut

UmIISc1.jpg

Took me 3 (free) stones to beat it. Heart trolled on Hermes, failed to finish Hera-Is in 1 turn, and then Zeus Neptune changed my hearts to blue while I was stalling for my max skilled Sonia. I only stoned because I need him for Awoken Neptune.

I had bad luck on skyfalls today. This dungeon is too long and has too many water bosses.

colinp

Banned
totally taking a break from this game - ready to throw my fist through my phone - which would probably cause more damage then its worth (to my hand and or phone).

utter gungtrolled today.

the higher your perceived skill level the larger the chance of getting trolled. you can put a team together for months to try something and the game either orb trolls, spawn trolls or skyfall trolls - zero skill involved.

When I started the game it used to be a challenge to get through levels and better my team to take either a defensive stance or set up a great board - it really felt like I was improving and there was some skill involved.

over the recent evolution the game has turned to such shitty gimmicks that I think I've finally given up hoping that there is a modicum of skill in the end game. rub off all the pretty skill ups and + eggs and the game becomes pay to win, RNG becoming more important then matching ability - so frustrating as it feels like a complete an utter cash grab.

Hahaha, never change Quantum!

J0dy77

Finally did it!!! Zero stoned Zeus-M. I ended up wiping after my last post. Hermes was a pain in the ass. The blockers and dark attack left me with no hearts going into Apollo and his preemptive killed me.

I went back to the drawing board, persephone was already benched for vamp. I decided to take out lilith for drawn joker for the extra heal and poor man's persephone burst combo with vamp. Swapped beelzebub to lead and lu bu to team. Worked like a charm.

j49PG0xl.jpg

I got very lucky on round 8 and 9. When I brought Neptune under 50% I blocked all 12 poison orbs from the 20% beelzebub awakening. Then going into hera the board had 24 light, dark and heart orbs. Popped joker, vamp and beelzebub and Hera was one shot. Zeus was the easy part. I still think I would have zero stoned it even without the luck. But I'll take what I can get.

Also got my 750 day bonus, it was a good PAD day.

TsuXna's +297 LZL got me above the stat benchmarks I was looking for, so I decided to go ahead and give Paradise of the Holy Beasts a shot. Team was LZL, DQXQ, Valk, 2 Echidna, LZL. I think this is a pretty stable team. I never felt like luck played into it at all. Running the dungeon enough times to max skill Fagan is gonna take a LONG time, but at least I'll pick up some Tamadra and Rainbow Keepers along the way.

Hige

Finally did it!!! Zero stoned Zeus-M.
Congrats! Beelzebub rocks. Did you nuke Zeus from 100% HP? I was less fortunate with poison orbs and had to eat about 15 orbs at once on my attempt, but somehow survived the hit.

Beelz has given me new confidence with descends since you can shrug off a number of attacks with the HP boost. I love it.

Jagernaut

TsuXna's +297 LZL got me above the stat benchmarks I was looking for, so I decided to go ahead and give Paradise of the Holy Beasts a shot. Team was LZL, DQXQ, Valk, 2 Echidna, LZL. I think this is a pretty stable team. I never felt like luck played into it at all. Running the dungeon enough times to max skill Fagan is gonna take a LONG time, but at least I'll pick up some Tamadra and Rainbow Keepers along the way.

Interesting team, I already cleared it with Ronia but more options are good. I don't have DXDQ, could a max skilled Fuu or another Valk replace her?

Interesting team, I already cleared it with Ronia but more options are good. I don't have DXDQ, could a max skilled Fuu replace her?
I think so, but you might run into HP problems. You might have to take a hit from Suzaku, so it's best to have >13.3k HP, which is tough to reach with a full healer team. So you will need a good amount of +eggs. But the Fuu/Valk active combo is effectively the same as DQXQ/Valk, and I only used DQXQ on the boss.

J0dy77

Congrats! Beelzebub rocks. Did you nuke Zeus from 100% HP? I was less fortunate with poison orbs and had to eat about 15 orbs at once on my attempt, but somehow survived the hit.

Beelz has given me new confidence with descends since you can shrug off a number of attacks with the HP boost. I love it.

I was able to stall and slowly bring him down to where I felt comfortable, probably around 60%. Bad ronia activation and the run would have wiped.

One thing I noticed afterwards, if you take him below 50% is a guaranteed delay turn for his activation of orb match skill. You can then pop while he's light to make it extra easy.

Tobe

10520601_996790213682904_8891704378376881084_n.png

*6 Million Thanks! Part 1*
[Duration]: 1/23 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 1/31 (Sat), 11:59 PM (PST)

If the average time to say thank you is approximately .72 seconds, it would take roughly 4,320,000 seconds to thank each and every one of you for your dedication to Puzzle & Dragons!

That’s 72,000 minutes, or 1,200 hours, or 50 days! And that’s not even counting our 5000 lovely followers on Twitter!

Now, this event isn’t 50 days long, but we think it does a fair job of expressing our eternal gratitude to you as players. We hope you enjoy!

■① Daily Login Bonuses
1/23 - 1/25 - 1 free Magic Stone & 1 free TAMADRA
1/26 - 1/31 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Friends & Festivities
The best part about get-togethers is the blend of old and new. Old friends, but new stories and new experiences to keep relationships thriving through the ages.

1/23 - 1/27 - Tower of Jewel
1/28 - 1/30 - Gleaming Dragon
1/31 - 2/1 - Extreme Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*

■③ Special Event Content
1/31 - 2/1 - ???????????

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 1/23 to 2/8!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

1/23 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
1/23 - Draggie!
1/24 - Hera-Is Descended!
1/24 - Xuanzang Descended!
1/25 - Hera-Ur Descended!
1/25 - Tengu!!!
1/26 - Satan Descended!
1/26 - Sandalphon Descended!
1/27 - Izanami Descended!
1/28 - Wadatsumi Descended!
1/29 - Thoth & Sopdet Descended!
1/30 - Heracles Descended!
1/30 - Dragon Zombie!
1/31 - The Goddess Descended!

■⑤ Awesome Daily Bonuses

Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

new 2 part event.

Jagernaut

I think so, but you might run into HP problems. You might have to take a hit from Suzaku, so it's best to have >13.3k HP, which is tough to reach with a full healer team. So you will need a good amount of +eggs. But the Fuu/Valk active combo is effectively the same as DQXQ/Valk, and I only used DQXQ on the boss.

Fuu has 334 less hp than DXDQ (not counting plus eggs). My team would have 13,973 hp with a +297 LZL (only 12,983 with a maxed no plus LZL).

linsivvi

It really does, especially if you have Haku or Ronia for a 2nd burst.

Any chance this is the mini 3K gods?

Mini 3K can't happen until we get Zhao Yun descedned first.

The First Dragoncaller, Sonia Gran
Active: Puzzle & Dragons (lol)
For 1 turn, +5 seconds to orb movement, and 1.5x atk to Dragons
Leader: Five Origin Dragon Star Strike
1/1.5/1.5 to Dragon type, when attacking with 5 colors 4xATK.

Edit: misread leader skill

raven777

The First Dragoncaller, Sonia Gran
Active: Puzzle & Dragons (lol)
For 1 turn, +5 seconds to orb movement, and 1.5x atk to Dragons
Leader:
1/1.5/1.5 to Dragon type, when 5+ combo 4xATK.

Yea I loled at that.

She is going to be hardest boss yet, and her Ulitmate Evolution will be super hard as well.

razterik

Never mind, fixed.

Looks amazing and crazy stats/awakenings, but I don't like Ra style matching. At least we know why L/D Ra got buffed now.

That's probably 5 colors excluding hearts right? Still that's an interesting addition to the farmable leader club.

Edit: I'm ready for ult evo mats to be Ult Beelz, DL Fagan, LL Fagan, Ult Athena, DQ Hera Ur.

Maid

Banned
The new angel series is crap. Active are bad, Leader Skill is so-so. And the arts are ugly.

Most likely will be getting buff very soon after release.

Those are un-evolved anyway. I doubt you would find a level 50 great leader, and the active are far from bad, especially the blue one.

Hige

I still need to evolve Zeus and Gaia before I can get in on that Awoken Hades action. At least it doesn't require any spirit jewels for once. Can't wait to try him on my Beelzebub team!

In the meantime I'm waiting for the next skill up x2 chance. I wish I hadn't fed my green fruits and gold keepers a while back; I have both Verdandi and Apocalypse now. >_>

He's glorious, even gave him the badpy I was saving.

yXg0XW4l.jpg

I guess I should level and evolve my gaia... Thank you god rush for dropping her! (I hate the Gaia dungeon more than the extreme god rush descend, Gaia dungeon is that terrible)

Stealth Edit: now I wonder typing and colors for Awoken Venus... Light/Blue, Red, or Green. How do they modify CtW and not make it really broken? Typing is easy, healer/balanced or Healer/Devil (I will be surprised at anything else). I included Healer/Devil because every other Awoken greek/Roman god has devil typing...

Top Bottom