• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Aesnath

Fujin isn't required on Dath for A1 but it's nice Sopdet insurance. Also good in case you need to stall a couple turns on Lifive since he puts up a damage absorb turn 2.

Also I'm looking for changes to A2 and beyond the King Tan change I'm not finding anything. Did JP get something else in addition to this?

I'm guessing the sopdet strategy without fujin is to delay and match three dark until she dies; hope for no skyfall troll?

Fujin is just such a do-nothing active that I find it hard to bring unless absolutely necessary; this applies to all of my teams.

Bladelaw

IIRC there are new latents being added and they are going to spawn exclusively in A2. I don't have a link to this but I know Dzy was going over it on a JP site (pad_sexy maybe?) within the past few weeks.
Oh the new killers are actually worth it? I thought it was just things like XP/MP fodder killers. I forgot all about that.

I'm guessing the sopdet strategy without fujin is to delay and match three dark until she dies; hope for no skyfall troll?

Fujin is just such a do-nothing active that I find it hard to bring unless absolutely necessary; this applies to all of my teams.

Sopdet is usually 3-match dark and 3- or 4-combo for me, but I don't have multiple Hakus so I'm not sure about damage -- everything is hypered though. OEs might need one fewer combo or something. Skyfall is evil. Delay is only if needed, it's more important to keep it around for some annoying later spawns than blow it on Sopdet if you can avoid it.

Oh the new killers are actually worth it? I thought it was just things like XP/MP fodder killers. I forgot all about that.
There are those I think which may have uses at some point but I think there were also things like +Team Stats too so you could use latents to get the same effect as the HP badge and such.

I made another attempt at A3 and got all the way to Noah dragon. Unfavorable absorbs for 5 straight turns, which would have been ok if she didn't also eat my hearts each one of those 5 turns as well.

Fuck Noah Dragon.

Spoit

Can someone talk to me about the subs for a Saito/A Ichigo team? Is it just like the same ones for panda, but with a higher multiplier?

Bladelaw

Can someone talk to me about the subs for a Saito/A Ichigo team? Is it just like the same ones for panda, but with a higher multiplier?

Kind of?

The multiplier is high enough you can forego some rows for OE and TE. Damage control is much more flexible with the scaling number of orbs + rows + no skyfall means you don't need to bring a Fujin-esque skill. Depending on team build a case could be made for a god killer heavy roster making it a little less orb hungry. Otherwise solid subs like Archdemon Lucifer and Revo Vritra are hampered by God Killer.

I'd go with a reliable way to get a 2/3 bicolor board (Haku + Akechi is the classic) Eschamali is a huge help in fixing orb hunger, last slot is probably bind clear since Saito isn't bind immune. Nobunaga makes sense here unless Devil killer is a problem. Combo shields are a problem if you need to both do a lot of damage and get a high combo count to the point where I'd almost run a different team. Meri can overcome this because of her active or even using Khepri as a sub, it's a less viable option here. Move time is a problem with the team I posted and the +2sec badge works well enough for me.

jiggle

Really lttp
But finally got my first A1 on NA
Encountered the sopdet and Parvati combo
Fujin made quick work of sopdet
Parvati is just supposed to be annoying but not dangerous Ya?

A2 was a fail

Took 3 tries to win C10 with the same Dathena teams
Feels like she can do anything right now

Really lttp

A2 was a fail

Congrats!

You really don't need Fujin for Sopdet with DAth unless you get stupid unlucky skyfall. A single 3 orb dark match deals significant damage and once she is dark you can add a couple combos. Still bring Fujin just in case but use the turns you have to see if you can get passed her for free.

C10 looks pretty cake for coop Minerva with DK Tsubaki. Never actually run that with my alt so should be fun to try.

Really lttp

A2 was a fail

yay more A1s

Parvati sucks because skyfall is way more prevalent and you have to get lucky with skyfall for several turns in a row but yeah the constant hearts should keep you afloat. Things get dicey when she starts doing her rage hits so sometimes I pop a delay/shield just to be sure, if I'm under the HP threshold (somewhere between 30-40k).

Aesnath

Really lttp

A2 was a fail

I'm pretty sure I could get to the boss on C10, but getting 7 combos with reduced time sounds...unlikely. Did you have a strategy for the last floor?

Congrats!

You really don't need Fujin for Sopdet with DAth unless you get stupid unlucky skyfall. A single 3 orb dark match deals significant damage and once she is dark you can add a couple combos. Still bring Fujin just in case but use the turns you have to see if you can get passed her for free.

C10 looks pretty cake for coop Minerva with DK Tsubaki. Never actually run that with my alt so should be fun to try.

I think I may just try to cheese team it. The only issue is the machine lady (as she changes color), so I'm probably just going to bring gravity cheese to kill her off.

yay more A1s

Parvati sucks because skyfall is way more prevalent and you have to get lucky with skyfall for several turns in a row but yeah the constant hearts should keep you afloat. Things get dicey when she starts doing her rage hits so sometimes I pop a delay/shield just to be sure, if I'm under the HP threshold (somewhere between 30-40k).

So, after I finished A1 for the first time, my best friend felt motivated. Rivalry among friends is strong motivator, it seems. He beat A1 with Gremory after four tries. I was kinda impressed, the active skill clause is a real bitch on the later floors.

Bladelaw

So after all that rolling for Hiko Seijuro I need to put a team together for him (yes I'll eventually inherit him on Kushi but I want to play with my new toy).

It makes sense to synergize with his awakenings (TPA, 7-combo).
Based on some playing around he needs the following:
Bind Clear: This is priority one IMO since getting leader bound sucks. And since most of his really good subs (Revo Apollo) eat hearts a hard bind clear feels necessary. Here's some choices I have but I'm not sure which is best
-Revo Amaterasu
-Revo Sakuya
-Revo Ra (Shining Dragon Swordsman inherit)
-Awoken Wukong (eventually, also since his active makes hearts I can probably get away with the row awaken here)
-Myr (Bind clear inherit)
-LMeta
-Light Wee Jas

If I had her, I think Kanna with inherit would be perfect but alas no luck there.

Board Change: Cecil, Apocalypse, and Saria are my only on color ones. Cecil with Apoc inherit is real strong

Spike: I'm not sure this is a must but should be a flex option. Full activation (3 light TPA 7 combo) does a lot of damage but it's still under 10 million per sub. Given no skyfalls that makes me think a spike would be needed for the likes of A3. Sheen and Facet inherits fit here but on what base? The lead's cooldown is too long and his active is clutch near the end of A3 (FU Vishnu and Hera Dragon) so the spike needs a better body. Lmeta is an option since you only need bind clear early on and can stall Facet back up but I'm really not sure where this would best fit.

Last slot goes to Revo Apollo. I'm not sure there's much room for debate unless you have Light Escha and even then I'd probably just put her active on Apollo if I had her. He floods the board which is critical to bursting and his skyfall buff keeps orbs coming for another couple turns. I don't have light escha but I have an active that's almost as good in Allura, Hearts and trash -->Light + 3 turns of light skyfall is pretty solid and a great upgrade to Apollo.

So here's my problem: no Shield. Revo Indra brings amazing stats to the team (~17k hp to the team for just him) but I'm not sure how necessary a shield would be for A3 when you have 2 "fujin-likes". The worst case scenario I can think of is blowing all my actives through the Radar floor (something like Vishnu-->Ilsix-->Beelz-->Heph) then having no way to take out Kali (No skyfall = dead) if I have no orbs. A shield buys me a couple turns, but I'm not sure what I can sacrifice to accomplish that or if that's even worth it. There aren't a ton of teams that can deal with that level of bullshit spawning so maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it..

I think I may just try to cheese team it. The only issue is the machine lady (as she changes color), so I'm probably just going to bring gravity cheese to kill her off.
Yeah she was definitely a wall for my attempts last night. 20mil dmg is A LOT for a 36x team and in one run she turned to water. GG.

I think I'm going to bring a big delay to deal with her. I was already stalling out the hazard skyfalls from the first floor because I could so getting an Orochi assist ready will be easy.

Aesnath

Yeah she was definitely a wall for my attempts last night. 20mil dmg is A LOT for a 36x team and in one run she turned to water. GG.

I think I'm going to bring a big delay to deal with her. I was already stalling out the hazard skyfalls from the first floor because I could so getting an Orochi assist ready will be easy.

I think there is an argument for Minerva played straight, but I'm actually going to try fire immune/puppet. The first floor has some poison skyfall, but doesn't hit too hard at any point and gravities are generally comical for Minerva. Then, even if I kill it too fast, I should be able to stall quite a bit on Lifive, but I'll need to burn bind clear (probably two sakuya) before he starts hitting too hard. Stall forever, until both sakuyas, hades, and two trailo inherits are up. A bit worried about going too fast here--dropping him to 60% early may not leave much room to stall for the sakuyas to be back up.

Then the machine. My idea is to hit her as much as I can before she changes color. I'll need to deal about 10-11% damage (but not more than 20%) before I nuke with the gravities.

Then, I color change zerog, try not to leave any poison around when he makes it, and kill at my leisure. Recharge as needed on Uriel, color change the elephant and watch out for poison. Color change kush and try to gravity her early and then wait for all of them to recharge before going for the kill. She starts making poison at less than half, so I'm going to try to kill her in one go before that happens.

Again, if I could just confidently combo above 5c, it seems like a doable D.Athena stage--but I really do suck.

Bladelaw

I'm playing around with RKush again. My biggest hangup with her vs Anubis is movetime. I'm tempted to slot in Diaochan as a crutch until I can puzzle faster. With the 2sec badge I'm sitting at 9.5 seconds move time which is enough to get me 7 combos pretty reliably, but if I need to actually combo hard it's insufficient.

I'm running the template Kush team for now with Hiko on Kush and Facet on BValk and it works just fine for everything I've thrown it at but I'm not confident enough in my skills to check it vs. A3.

jiggle

Thanks for the advice on A1
Think ill try to wittle down sopdet manually next time

I'm pretty sure I could get to the boss on C10, but getting 7 combos with reduced time sounds...unlikely. Did you have a strategy for the last floor?
I stalled through the 6 turns of reduced times cuz she only attacks every other turn

But I found out afterward, you can bypass the time reduce mechanic using Yomi(or diaochan etc) active skill

Thanks for the advice on A1
Think ill try to wittle down sopdet manually next time

I stalled through the 6 turns of reduced times cuz she only attacks every other turn

But I found out afterward, you can bypass the time reduce mechanic using Yomi(or diaochan etc) active skill
Ooooo damn, I forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder. :D

J0dy77

I'm playing around with RKush again. My biggest hangup with her vs Anubis is movetime. I'm tempted to slot in Diaochan as a crutch until I can puzzle faster. With the 2sec badge I'm sitting at 9.5 seconds move time which is enough to get me 7 combos pretty reliably, but if I need to actually combo hard it's insufficient.

I'm running the template Kush team for now with Hiko on Kush and Facet on BValk and it works just fine for everything I've thrown it at but I'm not confident enough in my skills to check it vs. A3.

I'm in the same boat, she's a really fair and tough lead to play. Getting those last few combos is so critical to success with her but you have to be really good to do it. I find myself getting worse at the game from playing to much d. Athena and just lazily comboing. Need to shift away and back to combo leads.

Best thing I've found to get better with her is to practice with the hp multiplier instead of time extend. It forces you to move faster and when you turn the time extend back on it feels like you have a much longer amount of time to match.

Bladelaw

I'm in the same boat, she's a really fair and tough lead to play. Getting those last few combos is so critical to success with her but you have to be really good to do it. I find myself getting worse at the game from playing to much d. Athena and just lazily comboing. Need to shift away and back to combo leads.

Best thing I've found to get better with her is to practice with the hp multiplier instead of time extend. It forces you to move faster and when you turn the time extend back on it feels like you have a much longer amount of time to match.
Good call on the HP vs TE badge. It's a crutch but often a necessity for me to get anywhere, I should learn to lose it.

New patch is out. 3p is go along with awoken heroes and Revo 3k.

Bladelaw

I have the parts of all of them but only Awoken Perseus was ready to go ASAP. Awoken Perseus is great on Ruel in case there were any doubts.

Where are people planning to use the other Awoken Heroes?

Negator

Waking up Andromeda for Julie, and am preparing to make at least one of the others awoken for future use.

Will awaken at least two Yamato, one Perseus, and one Wukong.

Aesnath

Got my awoken I&I, and, so far, I do like it better on the D.Athena team. In particular, she provides many more hp than chester. I also like that her active is a burst, even if it is a smaller one.

I'm a little sad that awoken andro is so much worse on Meri. I rolled a dupe last godfest and don't think I need a second UEVO, but I still may go that route. Also, mion is a hell of an evo mat. Despite my trying, I never did draw a julie, which seems like A.Andro's natural home.

I'm still planning on my one Takeru being UEVO, as three SB and three rows seems good on Minerva.

Will go for one awoken Perseus of my two. I still have a ruel team, even if it has taken a backseat to D. Athena recently. Of the Awokens, he is the one I like the best, as his UEVO's rows seem like a waste on the two likely green teams I have (Kaede and Ruel).

I know from experience that Wu Kong's awoken AS is a notable upgrade, so I'm making at least one. I'll eventually get around to doing the second as well. Being unbindable is a nice upside on the awakening front as well.

Bladelaw

FYI The 3p dungeons are a couple of easy stones if you either DC or have semi competent partners.

Once the Elder God descend rush shows up anyone want to coordinate runs? I'm running a semi-optimal RAnubis team so I should be able to unlock every turn. I'd suspect there would be a few learning runs. I'm only interested in one (maybe two if they become evo mats :shudder:) of each.

I've watched a bunch of videos (especially those solo Meri clears using Yo + Siegfried) so I kind of know what to expect but even then I learn better from doing.

Ahhhh, so many new evos. I was not prepared!

And fuuuuuuck at Andro's awoken evo tree. It's almost as complex as the MP dragons.

And I have TWO of her I'd like to awaken O_O.

Aesnath

Ahhhh, so many new evos. I was not prepared!

And fuuuuuuck at Andro's awoken evo tree. It's almost as complex as the MP dragons.

And I have TWO of her I'd like to awaken O_O.

It is really unbalanced too. None of the other awokens have as much BS as needing Mion, who needs flipping Ilsix. I wonder how they make these decisions. Everything else needs like four descended drops at most--Andro needs like six?

jiggle

I'm pretty sure the backlash is what led to only regular Mion being needed for Awoken Sarasvati etc

But why couldn't they have backported the changes!
Oh shit is that true?
Lucky u mentioned this
I just grabbed 3 of her this morning in preparation for Sarasvati and michael

Quantum

begging for a friend list re-design. I have 250 friends, but still come up short when I want to run something random.

I'm happy that gungho has added so many great leads and I believe it encourages people to try out new teams

but
- the random friend system is still too prohibitive
- let me see 5 or more of my friends leads instead of 2 (3 for BF)
- set up a challenge ladder to see how far you can take each lead to encourage alt play

in other news...

my JPN alt account is on fire. with insane luck the account (started in the last days of the least heroine rotation) was able to roll Julie, Uruka and Amenominakanushi.

Holy hell is Amenominakanushi fun to use (3603 if you want to look it up). While it plays most like Aizen, its active is a board change (B/Y/H) - I'm having so much fun tearing through the early game with it.

I would seriously considering whaling for this lead on my main/alt when it graces the US with its presence.

edit: holy crap it looks like they added ameno - when is the next GF (have to see if I can grind anymore stones)

Could someone who has a Minerva/Puppet cheese team post their team and latents required? I like having long projects to work towards and the team seems like it would come in handy for hard stuff where time is not problem.

Thanks in advance!

Could someone who has a Minerva/Puppet cheese team post their team and latents required? I like having long projects to work towards and the team seems like it would come in handy for hard stuff where time is not problem.

Thanks in advance!

I think this is the most-cited template for NA.

ReMinerva (Guan Yu)
-Dark Red Skydragon, El Dorado (Hades)
-Dark Red Skydragon, El Dorado (Saria/Ilm)
-Lifive (Baldin/flex)
-Blue Puppet (no inherit)
ReMinerva (A.Sakuya)

But this is the Game8 team:

TKrSina.jpg

I'm in the middle of building it, I have all the farmable components and Minerva but I need fire resist latents, like 20 of them :(

W-00

Managed to awaken one of the Andromedas on my alt. I technically only had to farm up Threedia, but I farmed another Mion and Ilsix anyways since I didn't want to use the ones I already had. Meri dealt with Ilsix with far less pain than I remembered. The only annoying part was stalling for Fujin's skill to be ready.

My main would have an Awoken Andromeda as well, but I seem to have used the Gaia is had on hand for something else - probably the same thing I used its missing dub-mythlit on - so it will have to wait until I can get another.

Hm, I guess I'm finally coming out of my post-disappointing-GF slump.

Aesnath

Hey, they are finally getting rid of some of the crap in the REM! And the blade 2 pantheon seems OK-ish to boot!. Also, I'm probably rolling on the director carnival, as I'd still like a red guan yu and could use a lot of the other things in it.

On the other hand, the next GF will likely feature the samurai 2, which are pretty nice, so I may not roll too hard.

For anyone curious, C10 is doable with Minerva cheese team.

Can confirm. Just did it this morning. Brought a buttload of gravities so that I never needed to combo. A bit slow, but it worked well. I eventually needed to color change dill sirius, but then, since she made dark regularly (which dealt no damage to her), I just stalled.

Also, be careful with Uriel--while he cannot damage you, he will skill delay you regularly, and he generates LS activate-able boards, limiting the amount of time you can spend on him. As a result, I got to the elephant floor with the puppet missing some charge. I used gravities to get it to dark, and was able to survive until she was up.

Leave one poison orb with Zerog after you color change him. He will then repeatedly change it to a critical orb while you work him down. He will still heal once near the end, but you don't have to worry about the smaller heals or more poison.

I think this is the most-cited template for NA.

ReMinerva (Guan Yu)
-Dark Red Skydragon, El Dorado (Hades)
-Dark Red Skydragon, El Dorado (Saria/Ilm)
-Lifive (Baldin/flex)
-Blue Puppet (no inherit)
ReMinerva (A.Sakuya)

But this is the Game8 team:

TKrSina.jpg

I'm in the middle of building it, I have all the farmable components and Minerva but I need fire resist latents, like 20 of them :(
Cool. How many fire resist latents are required total? IIRC you need 100% resist between awakening resists and latent resists to cover the damage left over after Minerva's 75% reduction.

Aesnath

Cool. How many fire resist latents are required total? IIRC you need 100% resist between awakening resists and latent resists to cover the damage left over after Minerva's 75% reduction.

Has to still be the full 30. Before that you only have like 14, or 70%. If you want full, have to cover the remaining at 1% each.

But that is a neat alternate build. I wonder what good yomi does. Unfortunately, I don't have an amaterasu.

Also, anyone got an opinion on if it is worth it to awoken/revo hades vs. keeping him in lower forms for a larger gravity? Does the bigger gravity ever matter?

And just like that Hera-Ur comes back for fire resist latent farming. I have no idea how but I'm probably going to try Sima Yi on my alt paired with D.Ath and hopefully I can farm it reasonably well.

Kwhit10

So hard to try out some new teams when I can never get a friend lead to match. I keep refreshing game to try and get a random match but no avail. Wanted to try out Revo astaroth a bit in endless for a while. Or even sun Quan/hermes some.

Bladelaw

So hard to try out some new teams when I can never get a friend lead to match. I keep refreshing game to try and get a random match but no avail. Wanted to try out Revo astaroth a bit in endless for a while. Or even sun Quan/hermes some.
If we're friends just shoot me an in game mail. I can put up almost anything.

Jagernaut

I wish you could just use a mirror of your current lead. It's hard to find less popular leads while Dark Athenas are everywhere.

Top Bottom