• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Silvergun |OT| Ikaruga's Spiritual Predecessor

i have my arcade stick ready and cleaned up for this! so excited. i haven't played my original copy in years and am really looking to playing this again

not to mention Sakimoto's soundtrack. so good

Glix

quinntendopower said:
i have my arcade stick ready and cleaned up for this! so excited. i haven't played my original copy in years and am really looking to playing this again

not to mention Sakimoto's soundtrack. so good

Is your stick just for shooters? I find my JLF to not be ideal :(

But I feel buying a new stick JUST for shooters would be a little bit crazy.

Glix said:

Have you thought about replacing the spring for something stiffer? That might be a good, cost-effective alternative.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
They're giving out a couple dozen signed prints as some kind of promotion for this, right? Anyone know the details on that?

Glix said:

Well fighters are not bad with a seimitsu stick TBH, just takes a bit to get used to it when coming from sanwa, but I know I'm not going back.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Man.... I have Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Deathsmiles coming this week. Now this. Shmup heaven! I'm damned excited.

Gaspode_T

My quest to beat Ikaruga by Wednesday isn't going very well! I'm at 4 hour 10 min playtime which gives me 7 continues...and I'm kind of still stuck at Stage 4. If I change settings to play only Level 4, I can get to the boss of course but I can't seem to destroy it, it keeps timing out. That level is a mindf--- anyway, so glad I'm putting more time into it.

I also was trying to raise my rank in first stage, even with a chain of about 30 you still only get C++ rating :p

Zeal

Banned
i don't know who the hell listed this as Ikaruga's spiritual successor, when it's the other way around.

So will this be the straw that backs the $200 import's back? I've been dying to get a copy of this on my saturn for ages, but just wouldn't pay the price tag.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
All signs point to no.

It'd be an interesting analysis to check the value of collectable classics that are rereleased via digital distribution. My copy of Guardian Heroes is sitting collecting dust, amongst many other classics that have been released in the past 5 years. I'm not looking to sell, but would prefer to know they're not just sitting losing value due to digital rereleases.

Sixfortyfive

Every single time one of these collectors' items sees a digital rerelease, a whole lot of posters get all smug about how all the hoarders are going to take a huge hit on their investment or whatever, but it's never actually panned out that way in any case that I've observed. Ever.

I mean, think about it. Alien Soldier still goes for $100+, despite rereleases on Virtual Console, PS2, Gametap, and "alternative" means. Genesis emulators aren't particularly hard to come by. The group who wants to play these games isn't a perfect overlap with the group who is looking to buy them. RSG has been emulated decently enough for the better part of a decade at this point and it hasn't changed anything. Why would an XBLA release matter?

RyanDG

Tain said:
oh man, why doesn't that exist yet

We have something close enough already:

Ikaruga Pro Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vAO6akjqdg

I love the Halo 3 comparisons.

Sixfortyfive said:
Every single time one of these collectors' items sees a digital rerelease, a whole lot of posters get all smug about how all the hoarders are going to take a huge hit on their investment or whatever, but it's never actually panned out that way in any case that I've observed. Ever.

There does inevitably seem to be a slight down turn, but it always seems to be just a temporary basis. For a game like Guardian Heroes and Radiant Silvergun, whatever down turn either game has will probably be just as fleeting as most of the other titles. You are right in your observation that there is a difference between those wanting to own the originals vs. those who simply just want to play the game.

Also, I must've had a complete brain fart over the game's music composer... I hooked up the game over this past weekend and was really starting to get into it again (and some of the tracks), I then decided to do a quick wiki look up on who the composer was and I almost smacked myself in the forehead with a 'duh' moment...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitoshi_Sakimoto

I don't even know how that slipped my mind considering that there are easily at least 5 soundtracks on that list that I consider among the best in gaming history. I felt really dumb after that.

Glix

What time does MS's version of Grace Chen push the button usually?

Why isn't this at the top of page 1?

GAF, I am disappoint.

Glix

Rabbitwork said:
i've usually seen it update between 2-4am PST.

Gah!! I'm terrified that if I wake up early to check it out, I won't show up to work!

Everyone, thanks for the arcade stick advice above... not sure what I'm gonna do

Holy crap.
That IGN review says absolutely NOTHING.

I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs because I can't get review code and IGN gets a free pass to rewrite a press release.

Daigoro

maybe im just jaded, but a 9 from IGN seems fishy to me. i know, frothing demand, etc. but still.

anyways, looking forward to picking it up this morning as long as theres nothing wrong with the port.

need more impressions.

oh, just realized im 30pts short of 1200. nice.

Sixfortyfive

Meh, I didn't need sleep tonight.

EDIT: omfg the default control scheme is a perfect 1:1 match with the original game on a Saturn PS2 pad hooked up via the eTokki converter. What are the odds!

AC!D

Muchi Muchi Pink said:
Playing right now. YEAH ;)

Excellent. Get back with impressions so we can get the hype back into this thread. It's been too quiet over the last couple of days.

Also, if you could answer me a question: Are the buttons completely configurable? I've noticed the button config shown in the OP screenshots won't match up with my SFIV pad. I want to be able to recreate the Saturn pad set up.

Daigoro

AC!D said:
Excellent. Get back with impressions so we can get the hype back into this thread. It's been too quiet over the last couple of days.

Also, if you could answer me a question: Are the buttons completely configurable? I've noticed the button config shown in the OP screenshots won't match up with my SFIV pad. I want to be able to recreate the Saturn pad set up.

this is essential. need confirmation on this asap.

Top Bottom