• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

brunoa76

I have a Canadian version of the game (PS3)

1 - Do I have to enter the dlc codes via an US account ?
2 - Will the DLCs be accessible via my french account ?

thanks.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm not enjoying 'disc two' half as much, the two levels I've done have both been weaker than earlier missions, and the town itself isn't as charming, the boss guy there is a dick too.

Your pictures, people (x100).

6224615509_51b66189b3_b.jpg

6224610183_2eb1bd5354_b.jpg

6225137642_3dc99eed9e_b.jpg

6224603277_1687d456e5_b.jpg

6224620011_8c41e435d7_b.jpg

robin2

Solo said:
- its incredible how a mere 4 days after the near unplayable launch release, the game is now perfect. Texture pop-in, the biggest faux pas, is gone. Not almost gone, but GONE. Makes me feel bad for all those people who had adequate PCs but were short-sighted and jumped on the consoles releases due to the poor PC launch. Well, 4 days later and the PC version is the inarguable champ.
is this for real? or there are still people with problems?

Solo

Sorry, perhaps I should have specified that I'm an nVidia user. For me:
- 60 FPS 100% of the time
- no texture pop-in at all
- no screen tearing at all

The only remaining flaw are the much maligned quasi low res textures, but we know thats part of id Tech 5.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
robin2 said:

Random FPS issues once in a while on my end. But for the most part, I'm playing at 60 FPS with no pop in.

I just entered a zone and my FPS has been stuck on 20 and hasn't moved up at all. Called it quits, but it'll probably be gone when I load up again.

965 x4 3.4
8 gigs ddr3

Wallach said:
Just got to Wellspring. Fuck man, this game's shotgun is sublime. Between the combat shotgun and the double-barrel I am all up in peoples' business with buckshot right now.

Definitely a big fan of the shotgun in this game. I've always really loved the Halo Shotgun, but this is riding real close.

Solo

Yup. Wingsticks could be the only weapon in the game and I'd never tire of them. Clipping two dudes head off with one wingstick is utter joy.

I'm likely done playing for the day (Thanksgiving and all), but I'm at the part where I need to race for a monarch to get to the power plant.

robin2 said:
I'm in the same boat now. Zero texture loading except when I first enter the world. I can spin 360s at full speed like a whirling dervish and its smooth as silk with no pop-in whatsoever.

This game is so damn incredible to look at its nuts. Low resolution textures for some things don't spoil the end effect of the overall picture to me at all. It is a real time cinematic and concept art come to life. Amazing stuff. And now that it actually works I've become a fan of this engine. If this is what it takes to let artists have the creative freedom they need, you done good John.

And for those who still have issues this tip from the Steam forums might help:

Steam Forums said:
Rage - Do not forget to create cache maps, IMPORTANT!

And please people don't forget creating a cache map for Rage it helps alot you know .

(C:/)/Users/YourName/AppData/Local/id software/rage

=> After creating id software/rage start new game and quit the game to check if game created cache files for you it's around 1gb for now.

Somehow game doesn't do that by itself :p.

Have a nice day!

-Alencek_Forever aka Farystar ^^

Edit: Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. I'm just floored to play it when everything works.

Game is great so far. No problems on my nvidia card. 60fps at 1440p with 4xAA and GPU transcoding on. Looks sublime a lot of the time.

Wingstick is beyond satisfying.

NIN90 said:
The best thing about this game? The return of strafe jumping. Hell yeah baby.

I couldn't help but smile when I noticed you could do that.

i-Lo

I really am liking this game so far. 60 fps feels good.

That said, I think the texture streaming is beginning to bother me big time. I guess I am used to seeing texture loading all at once and the proceeding to show a bit of pop-ins. The constant loading of textures every time I move right thumb stick for a split second is really jarring. I had hoped that installation of the game to HDD (360) would pretty much negate the effect.

eshwaaz

GuiltybyAssociation said:
Best shotguns since the first F.E.A.R.'s combat shotgun, I'd say.
Yes, good call. Two of the best shotguns in videogame history.

The report for the Rage shotgun is amazing - I love the subtle metallic chirp layered in with the main "boom".

MacBosse

Ok, so I had no hype at all for Rage since I have never enjoyed a ID single-player experience, ever. But since Rage looked to be different with no corridors (none that looks like a corridor anyways) and with vehicles I decided to give it a shot (the graphics played a part too).

First, what the hell is up with the intro? Asteroid. Boom. Goodman: "Yeah Hi, could you kill 100 dudes for me? You look like a hard-ass who can handle yourself against anything. No matter that you have zero experience in this reality and I got a lot, I don't want to get my hands dirty you know?"

Second, the feeling of "gamey" has been nagging me for such a long time. I come to the first settlement, get a quest literally five minutes after waking up from cryo-sleep and of I go. But not far, the bandits are 60 feet that way! I get there, and all the enemies has the same voice and repeating lines of "there he is!" kind of flavor. Most often they go "Go get him!" even though they are going solo attacking me, no buddies around. Who are they talking to? Well they are tribe kind of folk so I guess it could make sense ... Oh and for some reason they all carry 2 dollars. For the ferry?

Third, vehicle sections reminds me of Far Cry 2 (I loved that game, minus this part). ID makes you go back and forth to several locations (that you have already visited) for new missions and when you do, you pass the same routes ... with the same enemies respawned. Not awful ... just very gamey.

Lastly, I just got to Dead City ... wow.

Overall I like the game better than I thought I would. Obviously the graphics are superb, the combat is solid and the story ... well who the fuck bought a ID game for the story?

Xevren

Really enjoyed the game, but uh...what the fuck at the end? It's like they just wanted to hurry up and wrap it all up.

zlatko

Banned
It needs to be said, but the racing in this game is idiotic and a waste of development resources. It's either too easy or just annoys me as a player when I lose a 50 point capture because of watching a too long canned animation of my car being destroyed, getting stuck on corners of rocks, or the fucking A.I already knows where the next blue light cone is and are already camping next to or on top of it to cap up points.

:/

MrBig

zlatko said:
It needs to be said, but the racing in this game is idiotic and a waste of development resources. It's either too easy or just annoys me as a player when I lose a 50 point capture because of watching a too long canned animation of my car being destroyed, getting stuck on corners of rocks, or the fucking A.I already knows where the next blue light cone is and are already camping next to or on top of it to cap up points.

Yeah the vehicle physics and handling are terrible. Rally is the absolute worst.

StuBurns

Banned
That reminds me, are you forced to get a new car in the second wasteland, the boss guy is suggesting I go and get one, but fuck racing.

zlatko

Banned
StuBurns said:
That reminds me, are you forced to get a new car in the second wasteland, the boss guy is suggesting I go and get one, but fuck racing.

There does seem to be another car here at the subway town you will get, but the races here involve your other two cars as well as the new one you'll get, so make sure to upgrade them all.

I think the upgrades to suspension and tires don't do jack shit. Still impossible to take tight corners, yet the computer does it with an ease and I've tried every combination of breaking and adjusting speed. A.I can go 900 mph and just whip it easy peesy. Dumb as hell.

AEREC

Ugh...after patch, Im getting 30fps in places I was getting 60fps before....with Vsync on both before and after patch, makes no sense.

AEREC

Frillen said:
When does the Wasteland Sewer missions become available? The ones who follows with the game as a DLC.

They are always there as far as I know....
There is one near the ghost bandits hideout.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I guess someone's made the joke of changing the OT to 'It's done when it's done... Unless you're an ATI user, then you're done.'

Metal-Geo

Pfff. Well I for one am enjoying the races. Loving the physics and handling of the buggies. Having no problems making sharp turns and such either.

Well, with the exception of accelerating in reverse.

AEREC said:
Ugh...after patch, Im getting 30fps in places I was getting 60fps before....with Vsync on both before and after patch, makes no sense.
I had to drop my AA from 16x to 8x to maintain 60fps, while driving at least, on an i5 2500k and GTX570.

After the patch, tweaks, and beta drivers for nvidia, the game is running as I expect it... considering I'm under the recommended specs. It's surprisingly playable @ 720p and fun to boot! There's always something to do and never in the same place in terms variety of tasks.
Sniping the little bomber buggies is a lot of fun.

Metal-Geo said:
Pfff. Well I for one am enjoying the races. Loving the physics and handling of the buggies. Having no problems making sharp turns and such either.

Well, with the exception of accelerating in reverse.

I agree. It definitely helps to have my PS3 controller plugged into the computer, then just enable it for the races and Stanley Express portions.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
zlatko said:

I've got to agree. Just like many of the secondary elements of RAGE, the vehicle stuff is really poorly implemented. I kind of wish they had just ditched the vehicles, racing, and even the overworld, and just had you teleport from town to the individual missions. I think the game would have been better off for it overall.

Gvaz

Banned
When can you trade for an upgraded defib recharge? I'm about to hand my ID card over....but Jacob isn't talking to me...

I have like 47 feltrite crystals

edit: i had to be facing him

MrBig

Gvaz said:
When can you trade for an upgraded defib recharge? I'm about to hand my ID card over....but Jacob isn't talking to me...

I have like 47 feltrite crystals
You can go back to the wasteland after you leave. I went back there and was able to do that after I learned about Jacob.

MrBig

3chopl0x said:
Finally got my key, now to download 22GB.

Fuck megatextures, they are a step backwards in nearly every way.
No, they are just being implemented before technology is able to use them in a way that appears to an average player to be higher res than tiled textures.
This is the same as specifically UV mapping an object or building instead of applying a set of tiled textures, but on world scale.

3chopl0x said:
Huge size, low quality and unreliable streaming.

Eh, 20GB seems pretty reasonable these days, especially for a game this size.

Quality and streaming is also fine if you have the hardware, even older setups seem to be managing fairly well.

Just went through Dead City....lol that place looked like a N64 game in most parts. Still having a blast with the game though. The gunplay and animation are amazing, I like the driving aspect too.

MrBig

Where does rage export screenshots taken with the console command?
e: oh it says it right in the console output :lol

Top Bottom