• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

nel e nel

This brought the lulz:

nYhk4.jpg

Wallach

Deadbeat said:
But no actual footage of people playing the PC version themselves, just controlled situations correct?

Oh, yeah. The PC version is Steamworks so there is no chance for day 0 piracy or street dates being broken, and Bethesda did not send out any preview versions for PC, only 360/PS3.

This game is out this week right? When are you guys expecting the reviews?
My brain is melting about what to buy....Dark Souls, FIFA12, Forza 4, RAGE??
You know the story...too little time, too many great games
Can't f**kin' decide, and reading this OT makes the decision even harder.

Wallach

Steve McQueen said:
This game is out this week right? When are you guys expecting the reviews?
My brain is melting about what to buy....Dark Souls, FIFA12, Forza 4, RAGE??
You know the story...too little time, too many great games
Can't f**kin' decide, and reading this OT makes the decision even harder.

First review tomorrow, rest of them Tuesday at the earliest.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
* Crosses fingers for Doom, Wolfenstein and Commander Keen easter eggs *

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I remember a gaffer saying that the pc version lacked graphical settings, did it turn out to stick in the end?

delta25

Banned
Corky said:
I remember a gaffer saying that the pc version lacked graphical settings, did it turn out to stick in the end?

iirc the only graphical options for the PC is the resolution and aa/af

commissar

Fersis said:
* Crosses fingers for Doom, Wolfenstein and Commander Keen easter eggs *
We already know there's Doom and Wolfenstein.
Doom guy is a bobblehead at the start, there's a Wolf 3D door in a building somewhere in the environment (linked on the Rage twitter IIRC

Marcellus Wallace said:
It will still happen. Might not be as bad, but it will still happen.

Blimblim said:
It will happen, but it won't be as noticeable (if it all).

thanx.
So, as far as i can tell from the info i got now:
- 360 version looks and runs great, but has longer loadtimes from the disc.
- might have a less texture pop-in

g35twinturbo said:
I always install my games so I didn't try disc times
You should if you have the discspace (i don't for this game). But i'm not interested in the load times. I'm interested in the other stuff:
- is the pop-up worse
- is the framerate worse
- is the texture quality worse
- is there more tearing

AEREC

Cpt.Underpants said:
hmm, Claudia Black trying out a southern american accent

Im hearing a mix of australian and south american accent

Cool demo btw

Claudia Black is in this game too? She is everything now...though I dont mind.

Wallach

Hazaro said:
So I'm a bit confused.

What lighting does this game have?
Is the lighting on PC different or no?

The lighting is almost entirely baked, on all platforms. It's not a requirement of Tech 5 I don't think, but considering how megatextures work there's little reason not to.

Hawk269 said:
fyi..best buy has the game listed for $49.99 for the pc version vs. the $59.99 that Steam has it listed for.

I'm sure the hour I'll get to play it before work will be worth the $10, right?

Less if you factor in the tax.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wallach said:
The lighting is almost entirely baked, on all platforms. It's not a requirement of Tech 5 I don't think, but considering how megatextures work there's little reason not to.
Well if it is as optimized as the AMD GPU specs say at least I will get something like 500FPS so I can try super sampling.

Wallach

Hazaro said:
Well if it is as optimized as the AMD GPU specs say at least I will get something like 500FPS so I can try super sampling.

Probably. Fermi cards kinda run OpenGL like ass compared to the newer AMD cards, I wonder if nvidia will have a driver update specifically for RAGE.

delta25

Banned
Corky said:
And this remained the case until retail :/?

I believe so, besides the PC version having those few options would be the reason why all three versions will in fact look near identical with the PC having the edge in terms of a higher resolution. iirc

Mastperf

thetrin said:
I'm just tired of people comparing this to FO3 and Borderlands. Especially when no one has even realized that both games borrow heavily from Mad Max. People act like Fallout was a bastion of innovation and unique world building, when it really isn't.

Not to mention that Fallout and Rage don't really share any gameplay with each other, other than shooting things, and looting bodies. Even the shooting is completely different, as one is based solely on dice rolls, and the other isn't.
"What's Rage about?"
"Well, I haven't been able to play it yet but I have watched quite a few videos."
"Ok, what do you know from the videos?"
"Well, its a post-apocalyptic world full of bandits where you get around and fight in dune-buggies with weapons on them."
"Oh, so it's like Borderland or Fallout?"
"NO YOU FUCKIN WHORE! WHY WOULD THESE THINGS MAKE YOU THINK THAT?!
"Because that would be an exact description of Borderlands and we haven't played enough to explain the difference?"
"AHHHHHHH!"

Serously, chill out.

nYhk4.jpg

Ahh! Why doesn't id understand that this is nothing like Fallout?! Why would they think that?!

Sethos

Banned
So how does co-op work exactly, a bunch of separate missions you and your friends can play? Through the entire campaign, how about stats do they carry over and back again?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wallach said:
Probably. Fermi cards kinda run OpenGL like ass compared to the newer AMD cards, I wonder if nvidia will have a driver update specifically for RAGE.
Code:
Rage Minimum System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or Equivalent AMD
RAM: 2GB
HDD: 25GB of hard disk space
GFX: GeForce 8800, Radeon HD 4200

Rage Recommended System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad or Equivalent AMD
RAM: 4GB
GFX: GeForce 9800 GTX, ATI Radeon HD 5550

It's like. Wait what?
Carmack just tapping the inner power of OpenGL and good drivers most likely. I'll still need to see it running 60FPS for myself though on low hardware.

Top Bottom