• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Salsa

Truant said:
The DB shotgun looks cool as hell. Will it be impossible to get it in-game unless you pre-order?

yeah :/

i dont doubt itll be available later with other stuff as $2 DLC or something. something something Bethesda.

GrayFoxPL

Truant said:
The DB shotgun looks cool as hell. Will it be impossible to get it in-game unless you pre-order?

This is in Anarchy Edition, right?

Here in Poland 16 on 20 sellers are doing AE. For some time I thought this is the base edition, lol.

Zimbardo

i love the look of this game, but i have a hard time believing that its worthy of a $59.99 price tag on PC.

maybe i'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem like it'd be worth that price.

nel e nel

GrayFoxPL said:
This is in Anarchy Edition, right?

Here in Poland 16 on 20 sellers are doing AE. For some time I thought this is the base edition, lol.

Anarchy Edition is a fancy way of saying 'First Run'

Vyse The Legend said:
So, listening to Weekend Confirmed, Jeff mentioned that Rage has a fully featured collectible card game in it. Huh?

Non spoiler answer: yes

delta25

Banned
cant wait to see all the various weapons in Rage, id has always been well know for making awesome guns.

I rest my case:

new_classic_doom_weap_bfg.gif

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Zimbardo said:
i love the look of this game, but i have a hard time believing that its worthy of a $59.99 price tag on PC.

maybe i'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem like it'd be worth that price.

It's 3 - 4 times as long as 90% of the shooters released this generation. I don't see how value could be argued at all.

Peterthumpa

Sinatar said:
It's 3 - 4 times as long as 90% of the shooters released this generation. I don't see how value could be argued at all.
Huh? How long is it supposed to be? I was expecting a 10 - 12 hours campaign.

Sinatar said:

There's no reason for it to be $60, unless the console versions are $70 - which they aren't.

felipepl said:

Eurogamer: Is this the biggest single-player campaign you've ever done?

Tim Willits: [Looks at me like I'm a nutter.] Hell yeah.

Eurogamer: I was thinking back, Quake 2 was quite long.

Tim Willits: Quake 2 was quite long. I made 45 of those maps. Let me tell you, it was long. But no, this is longer. It's more in-depth.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Solo said:
That has always been Carmack's goal, from day one: to deliver cutting edge tech which could still be played on the types of systems that 90% of people have (ie. underpowered, non-uber gaming rigs). Truly the holy grail, given how contradictory those two goals are.
Yeah, seeing optimization for the Fusion CPUs and even Intel 2000/3000 graphics doesn't surprise me.
Give it another 4 years and all new consumer machines will be gaming capable.

DaBuddaDa

felipepl said:
Sounds like you could blow through it in about 10 hours without doing any side missions, mini games, exploration or anything but checkpoint to checkpoint. Otherwise, a normal person will take anywhere from 20-30 hours.

DaFish said:
The real question now on PC is... Controller or mouse and keyboard

I think this will definitely be a game to play with KB/M.

- id's heritage
- rather fast and "precise" combat
- seems like little/no auto-aim
- one of the hands on impressions from earlier in this thread said it "felt like a PC game"

Peterthumpa

piratepwnsninja said:
I know some people hate Time Warner, but I love my Wideband from them. Finished pre-loading in an hour and a half.
Holy fuck, it would take more time copying the game between PCs here on my LAN.

Derrick01

Banned
kinggroin said:
Game length is hardly the indication of value.

No but it's a factor that helps me decide what to purchase. I'm beyond fed up with paying $40-$60 for a 5-7 hour game. Thankfully most of the games I want this fall will be pretty lengthy.

tenz0r

DaFish said:
The real question now on PC is... Controller or mouse and keyboard

I am going to switch off using both. I love how PC games these days implement the 360 controller, and button layout. Sometimes I just want to sit back on my recliner, and play with the controller on my big screen, while other times I just want to sit on my desk and play with the keyboard and mouse. The option of being able to do both is great.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
commissar said:
So I couldn't log into steam then :/

Might wait until official release.

You could, not doing so is simply a precaution operating under the assumption that Valve wouldn't take kindly to unlocking the game early.

PaulLFC

piratepwnsninja said:
I know some people hate Time Warner, but I love my Wideband from them. Finished pre-loading in an hour and a half.
... wow. What speed is that?! That's ridiculous. In a good way, of course.

Grinchy

Banned
tenz0r said:
I am going to switch off using both. I love how PC games these days implement the 360 controller, and button layout. Sometimes I just want to sit back on my recliner, and play with the controller on my big screen, while other times I just want to sit on my desk and play with the keyboard and mouse. The option of being able to do both is great.
Yeah this is how I am too. During my controller periods, I'd say that Fallout was much better with a controller. Then I'd find myself playing on my monitor with KB/M and deciding it was better. Then I'd be back to controller. They each have their advantages.

DaBuddaDa

piratepwnsninja said:
I have Time Warner but they don't have Extreme or Wideband here, only Turbo which isn't very fast :( Wideband sounds amazing.

PaulLFC said:
... wow. What speed is that?! That's ridiculous. In a good way, of course.

50/5. True speed too. My steam downloads are generally a sustained 4.5-5.0 megs a second down speed. Great stuff. Pay out the ass for it, but its been worth it.

Wallach

The Int3rsect said:
Was it the Borderlands + Fallout connection? :p

It's just a joke about this thread, circa a page or so ago. Kind of.

But really the similarities to either of those games aren't too deep. Especially Fallout. Borderlands is closer, but the core design of that game is real different.

garath said:
On the offial forums they were talking about a 64bit version being available for download.
angular graphics said:
Not on launch day. It will come later and it's required to run the modding tools.
I wonder if that's just going to be a download in the tool section of Steam instead of a game update.

Top Bottom