• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

Karak

GrayFoxPL said:
Don't have time to watch it all but from what I've seen... Overreaction total.

Pfft I expected a clusterfuck, shit looks great. Day 1.

Thing about enemies running at you while doing saltos and other circus jumps - funny as fuck! :D

About auto aim - you can turn it off in most console fpses what I do sometimes.
Aiming on a pad w/o autoaim takes 5 times more skill to then on a mouse so actually it's pc gamers that go easy way. ;)

Ya that's what I was trying to explain to you. Its not like its something that will just hammer your eyes:) It's noticeable in game, the PS3 is obviously below the 360, but I for one wouldn't return ether version, but if I had to chose it was easy enough.

As for the random hitches, those happen. Not sure why. And I am not the only one getting that on the PS3. But there are so many kinds of PS3's and 360's out there, maybe some have a bit of an issue over others? Not sure. I know my old 360 would stutter horribly during Call of Duty 2 and my new one plays it fine. I was never sure why that was.

GrayFoxPL said:
Don't have time to watch it all but from what I've seen... Overreaction total.

Pfft I expected a clusterfuck, shit looks great. Day 1.

Yeah, really. The game looks great. Not perfect, but most people walk away impressed with the overall visual package.

Videos probably hide the pop in a fair bit, but they also don't show the 60fps goodness either.

Karak

Poimandres said:
Videos probably hide the pop in a fair bit, but they also don't show the 60fps goodness either.
It did hide a good deal, but as you said the 60fps is what matters. And I still think I like its look more than most other games. Very very crisp. More importantly, tons of game hidden in there as well:)

I can't wait to see what some people think about some of the missions too. Ha. Some start out seemingly mundane only to turn into WTF moments big time.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
iumogg said:
This YouTube channel has about the first 2 hours of single player and a bunch of the co-op missions for those of you who don't mind spoilers and want to see what the gameplay is like.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GSXReviews

Goddamnit. Now I feel the urge to play this game. Any word yet on how large this game is? Those opening hours were enticing.

Karak

Brandon F said:
Goddamnit. Now I feel the urge to play this game. Any word yet on how large this game is? Those opening hours were enticing.
Carmack said 15-25 at one time.

And you just know DLC expansions will come of some kind. Carmack seemed to love working in the world itself.

pakkit

Banned
Texture pop-in isn't some new thing either. Halo, Bioshock, Singularity...despite all being great games, they also took their time loading some textures.

Karak

pakkit said:
Texture pop-in isn't some new thing either. Halo, Bioshock, Singularity...despite all being great games, they also took their time loading some textures.
100% Correct.

The game is huge, has a shitton of quests, runs at 60FPS, and has amazing AI. I would have probably played it if it had looked like a dos game.

AlkalineProdigy

Neo Member
The only thing that is bad about this game is the story. The best description I can give without giving anything away is. It's like watching Kill Bill 1 and 2 and never seeing the bride actually kill Bill or finding out why he shot her in the first place. The last mission gears you up for this huge conflict and the game ends. You aren't quite sure it's the end until the final cutscene appears. For me it took me 10 hours to beat and once I was done I got bored rather quickly. I know someone else may have found the story more interesting.

Peterthumpa

Karak said:
100% Correct.

The game is huge, has a shitton of quests, runs at 60FPS, and has amazing AI. I would have probably played it if it had looked like a dos game.
Now I really need to see a DOS game running @ 60 FPS.
Shit's got to be xtreeeeeeeme.

iumogg

Neo Member
I've heard 15-25 hrs. I imagine my game time will be 30+ as I scrounge every nook, look for and complete all side missions, and get caught up in all the side stuff like the racing and the magic like collectable card game.

angular graphics said:
From QuakeCon:

Dude, I was AT QuakeCon and I played the PC version. Of course, it could have been a slightly earlier version than what's being shipped, but it was there in August and I saw it happen with my own eyes.

Not that it was some horrible experience or anything, game looked amazing and the texture issues weren't noticeable most of the time.

mr stroke

just pre ordered this, everyone seems to have a hard on for this so I am in.

Please tell me the PC version has eyefinity/multi monitor support?

iumogg said:
I've heard 15-25 hrs. I imagine my game time will be 30+ as I scrounge every nook, look for and complete all side missions, and get caught up in all the side stuff like the racing and the magic like collectable card game.
Fallout this is not.

Gvaz

Banned
Definity said:
Getting this bad boy on the PC but I watched those PS3 vids posted above and I don't see "unreal engine" texture pop in. There might have been some slight pop-in but who the fuck cares. I'm just happy this thing runs at 60fps. Kinda blows my mind that's even possible with the fidelity I've seen in some of the official videos that have been released.

I saw it in the 360 vids. Your eyes are getting bad.

iumogg

Neo Member
The Teachinator said:
Fallout this is not.

I know, but there are items to find which you use to build items and cards to find which you add to your deck and places to explore. I don't expect a complete open world, but I do expect there to be some exploration and hidden areas.

kx11

Banned
201110324512m2tssnapsho.png

201110324512m2tssnapsho.png

this is from my ps3 version a direct feed capture using happauge HD PVR

i will post gameplay footage on my channel ( i hope i don't suck this time lolz )

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrKQgaming

neogaf thnx for activating my account after nearly 15 months of waiting :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
kx11 said:
neogaf thnx for activating my account after nearly 15 months of waiting :(
Wow...!

Enjoy your stay man!

Prezhulio

So I think I have an idea but when does the steam preload unlock? I think I remember it being release day at 3pm EST is that what it usually is?

Great Rumbler said:
Dude, I was AT QuakeCon and I played the PC version. Of course, it could have been a slightly earlier version than what's being shipped, but it was there in August and I saw it happen with my own eyes.

Not that it was some horrible experience or anything, game looked amazing and the texture issues weren't noticeable most of the time.

Uh yes, I'm just saying that the retail will be "much" better than what you played. According to an interview with Tim Willits around QuakeCon:

The id Tech 5 dynamically adjusts the quality of the shown scene. Everything that is not visible to the viewpoint will scaled down to a minimum of details. So if you quickly turnaround the engine first must scale them up to a proper quality. This is currently much more visible than it will be in the final version. The console versions on the other side will take longer to scale up because of the limited RAM.

KaYotiX

Banned
moop2000 said:
When's the veil lifted for the reviews?

Id like to know as well, dont care about a score but i want to read what reviwers think about it. Im on the fence if i should pick this up as well as Dark Souls Tues.

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
1305681412333.png

I waited about the same amount of time, my sister got in after a month :l

My story: I waited months upon months to receive an email notifying me I haven't been accepted, then waited years till I decided to try registering again, and that second time I was accepted within 2 weeks or something :p

Wallach

KaYotiX said:
Id like to know as well, dont care about a score but i want to read what reviwers think about it. Im on the fence if i should pick this up as well as Dark Souls Tues.

Tomorrow some site (probably IGN) will post their "early" review, then Tuesday the embargo is officially over and we'll see the rest of the reviews.

Karak

claviertekky said:
Does the PS3 version run 30 fps or 60 fps?
Every version is 60

EDIT: Man watching some of the 360 streams makes me feel like I just don't know how to play:) Way better shots than me. I have to get back into using a damn controller. Arg.

madmook

AlkalineProdigy said:
For me it took me 10 hours to beat and once I was done I got bored rather quickly. I know someone else may have found the story more interesting.
10 hours? So the 15+ is bull?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CoilShot said:
So any videos out yet of someone playing on nightmare?
Is it unlocked from start :eek:?

M.W.

Karak said:
Ya, or either he is WAY fast. I am 8 hours in and no where near finishing.

Yeah, he probably did zero side missions and no races. I think there's 26 different race circuits in the game you can do.

Wallach said:
Tomorrow some site (probably IGN) will post their "early" review, then Tuesday the embargo is officially over and we'll see the rest of the reviews.

So, there is an official embargo until Tuesday? That doesn't bode well.

kx11

Banned
who cares about the story these days , how many games out there have good ones ??

the game is awesome and looks superb on ps3 for a game that runs at 60fps

moop2000 said:
So, there is an official embargo until Tuesday? That doesn't bode well.

Most games have embargos until release these days. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

See also: Dark Souls.

I'm playing on Nightmare, and I just ran into my first area of frustration. Had to go back and try to get more weapons and ammo, because my present inventory is just not strong enough. End boss of the level has a cheese move that takes almost all your health, is spammed rapidly and repeatedly, and for now seems totally unavoidable and unblockable. Pissing me off to no end.

Wallach

perineumlick said:
I'm playing on Nightmare, and I just ran into my first area of frustration. Had to go back and try to get more weapons and ammo, because my present inventory is just not strong enough. End boss of the level has a cheese move that takes almost all your health, is spammed rapidly and repeatedly, and for now seems totally unavoidable and unblockable. Pissing me off to no end.

Does the game specify what changes on Nightmare?

CoilShot

perineumlick said:

I guess that's why its called Nightmare.

M.W.

perineumlick said:

So, it hasn't been too difficult so far?

The game doesn't specify the difference between Nightmare and other difficulties, and I started my first playthrough this way so I can't compare it to, say, Easy or Normal. Enemies take a lot of rounds to drop, that's for sure. If you play smart it's not that difficult, at least until this mission that I'm on, that is. It's waves of enemies, and then a boss fight at the end that if you fail, starts you at the beginning again, and you can't save in between either. Complete bullshit.

Poimandres said:
Most games have embargos until release these days. It has nothing to do with the quality of the game.

See also: Dark Souls.

I'd argue most don't have release day embargos and I believe it does speak to quality or lack thereof.

Top Bottom