• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAGE |OT| "It's done when it's done"

garath

bodine1231 said:
Will going from 4gb ram to 8gb make a difference in this game given the whole megatexture thing?

It might when the 64-bit version is released.

Ketchup Boy said:
Just got confirmation from newegg for only a beautiful $42.99!!! Yippie!

Wow, with newegg's shipping that could very well be a release day ship if they get it out today.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
This is the first time where a console version of a game is making me reconsider my PC purchase. I really don't want to pay $60 for a PC game, but I know it will run maxed out on my pc. But besides resolution, it sounds like the console and pc versions are damn close in performance. 7.1 on my ps3 also would sound good. Ugh.

x-Lundz-x

Ketchup Boy said:
Just got confirmation from newegg for only a beautiful $42.99!!! Yippie!

That was in my inbox when I woke up this morning as well. Made my day until I realized I probably will not get it until Thursday :(.

DenogginizerOS said:
This is the first time where a console version of a game is making me reconsider my PC purchase. I really don't want to pay $60 for a PC game, but I know it will run maxed out on my pc. But besides resolution, it sounds like the console and pc versions are damn close in performance. 7.1 on my ps3 also would sound good. Ugh.

Besides an increased resolution the game will be identical to the PS3 version, buy it for your preferred platform. If that is PC then by all means but if you prefer to game in the living room on your PS3 with your 7.1 sound, then it should be clear which way you want to go.

JohngPR

molekiller said:
You can install the dvd's one at a time, no need to install the three of them together. Having said that, I'd also go with the $10 cheaper one.

Both versions have the $10 credit. Call me lazy, but I dont like that the multiplayer comes on a different disc. If all I'm playing for a good while is Rage, I'd like to just leave that sucker in my console and play. :)

JohngPR

DenogginizerOS said:

I wasn't sure whether or not this would run maxed out at 60fps on my PC, which is why I went with the console version.

Phenom II X4 955 3.2 ghz
4GB RAM
HD 5770

For those that are curious. :p

garath

I remember someone a few pages back with a laundry list of complaints. One of them was not putting weapons away when talking to an NPC. That was apparently a major issue for him.

Well watching some of these uninterrupted gameplay videos he's definitely a nutcase. When you approach an NPC, you raise your gun up so it's not pointed at the person. When you are talking it appears you either lower the gun or put it away completely. Either way, it's out of sight.

As far as walking around with a gun out, it's a wasteland - I would too.

I really want to start seeing some reviews come in. It's obviously not going to change the fact that I've pre-ordered and will be playing the game day 1. But I'm curious if the negative feedback is going to be isolated or widespread. I really find it hard to believe a game with such pedigree and so many good impressions from Quakecon and E3 is going to have a poor showing.

delta25

Banned
Corky said:
thanks buddy :), I'm superstrapped for cash and it would be nice if I could buy the game for 30 dollars in a month or so and not have to shell out 50-60.

the whats happens when you by a 10000 dollar PC ;)

x-Lundz-x

garath said:
I remember someone a few pages back with a laundry list of complaints. One of them was not putting weapons away when talking to an NPC. That was apparently a major issue for him.

Well watching some of these uninterrupted gameplay videos he's definitely a nutcase. When you approach an NPC, you raise your gun up so it's not pointed at the person. When you are talking it appears you either lower the gun or put it away completely. Either way, it's out of sight.

As far as walking around with a gun out, it's a wasteland - I would too.

I really want to start seeing some reviews come in. It's obviously not going to change the fact that I've pre-ordered and will be playing the game day 1. But I'm curious if the negative feedback is going to be isolated or widespread. I really find it hard to believe a game with such pedigree and so many good impressions from Quakecon and E3 is going to have a poor showing.

It's because id is no longer a PC exclusive company, therefore the game must suck. Sad really. The game could be perfect by their standards but because they feel betrayed they will find fault in anything.

Wallach

x-Lundz-x said:
It's because id is no longer a PC exclusive company, therefore the game must suck. Sad really. The game could be perfect by their standards but because they feel betrayed they will find fault in anything.

Who's "they", exactly. You quoted someone speaking about a particular person.

alba

Little is the new Big
Prodigal said:
So are any of you guys gonna actually try one of these key sites? I'm willing to take a gamble with my cash but I wanna see someone else do it first. :p

I did, they're going to send out keys a few days before the european release date (I bought it from IntKeys btw).

Obviously I want this for the PC, but I'm a little concerned about all the racing in this game. Steering with a keyboard isn't exactly fun. Thinking about betraying my roots and going with the comfy couch edition.

PoweredBySoy said:
Obviously I want this for the PC, but I'm a little concerned about all the racing in this game. Steering with a keyboard isn't exactly fun. Thinking about betraying my roots and going with the comfy couch edition.
Looks like Halo-steering to me, judging by the vids. If that's the case it should be perfectly fine with a M/KB.

Soviet

Banned
PoweredBySoy said:
You only have to participate in two races. And you can always plug your Xbox controller to PC :p

legbone

Danne-Danger said:
Looks like Halo-steering to me, judging by the vids. If that's the case it should be perfectly fine with a M/KB.

i really hope it's not halo-steering. halo type steering would be terrible for racing in my opinion.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Danne-Danger said:

Or 'Quakerally steering', as us old-timers call it.

garath

Zenimax Media cracking down still. All the weekend youtubes and streams I've been watching are disappearing as I type.

I'm really starting to hate publishers and their insistence no uncontrolled media will be available before the official release date.

Soviet said:
You only have to participate in two races. And you can always plug your Xbox controller to PC :p

Eh. Not something I'd really want to do. But I guess it comes down to, what's worse, steering with a mouse/keyboard or aiming with a controller?

I suppose I could live with Halo-steering.

REV 09

PoweredBySoy said:
Eh. Not something I'd really want to do. But I guess it comes down to, what's worse, steering with a mouse/keyboard or aiming with a controller?

I suppose I could live with Halo-steering.
i think the past 10 years has proven that aiming with a controller is perfectly fine for the vast majority of fps players.

garath

REV 09 said:
i think the past 10 years has proven that aiming with a controller is perfectly fine for the vast majority of fps players.

I think it's shown gamers will put up with it when there's no other choice. :)

th3dude

After all the BS that EA is pulling with BF3, I decided to cancel my preorder and preorder this instead on Amazon. $10 credit + Steam integration + it will be on my door step tomorrow!

HYPE!

Echoplx

REV 09 said:

All it's proven is that gamers are fine with the game aiming for them.

REV 09 said:

You're basing that on the direction the market shifted, and it has nothing to do with a controller being adequate for fps's.

Effect

REV 09 said:

Only because of auto aim/snap to target and aim assist. These significantly help with the frustration that would result of having to be accurate with aiming. That Rage doesn't have it on the console is something I didn't realize.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm really looking forward to see how well Rage optimizes on my rig. Considering the game auto scales, I just hope it uses my rig properly.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
MedIC86 said:
Just to clarify: what do you mean, is there a 64-bit client coming later? or is it at launch.
I don't think it's at launch.

Curufinwe

Effect said:
Only because of auto aim/snap to target and aim assist. These significantly help with the frustration that would result of having to be accurate with aiming. That Rage doesn't have it on the console is something I didn't realize.

Your post is the first I've heard of it. Still interested in the 360 version, though. I actually have more free space on my 360 hard drive than on my PC's hard drive.

Top Bottom