• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

Mine finally shipped, but I only bought the standard version. Right now it is in Secacus, NJ, shipped from Edison... which makes no fucking sense because it's North of Edison and I'm in Philly. Surely there was a closer USPS processing center closer, right? This is the price I pay for free shipping. Oy.. I knew I should have just canceled the order and tried my luck at a Gamestop. But oh no, I had to save 10 dollars.

Halo 4 is coming out and then Persona in two weeks, I dunno when I'm even going to find the time to play this...

Yeah you're lucky that you got USPS, I got the free three day shipping too but they gave me UPS and they seemed to be doing absolutely nothing the entire rest of this week because my package didn't move at all :\ Like literally nothing, you'd think a giant chasm opened up around the entire Memphis center, preventing any land departures and lack of space making it impossible to land a helicopter.

I just don't understand why they literally can't send it out when there is no lack of electricity or dangerous conditions outside of the coastal regions now ... my expectation for the delay is - they're too backed up and they'd rather use the weather cop out as an excuse.

Gamestop finally opened up and they have everything but my CE.

Fucking perfect.

That really blows - that's what I'm worried about as well - I don't want to get screwed out of my merc. edition :( If I don't get it shipped out on Monday, I'm going to demand that Newegg ship out another one - even though they said they couldn't while it's in transit.

Just started downloading this game off PSN after watching an Assassin vid. I'm coming home, RO, I'm coming home.

*whistles Prontera theme*

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Does this game have a story worth playing? I want it for the single player adventure :).

Personally I don't think ANY PSO/MonHun style game has a story worth playing for, but I'm drawn to other elements of the genre.

I would say that if you're playing it for the story, you should save your money.

However, the gameplay is awesome, and the multiplayer is a blast.

pyrandes

Started ch 7 a bit and gaped at the amt of extra missions there were... so i did the desert wolf one and received some nice weapons..

ibuYUCtWdGIGFt.jpg

(this one will sadly replace
)

gonna have to level that one Im replacing up. that stun resist is so good.

Noi

Started ch 7 a bit and gaped at the amt of extra missions there were... so i did the desert wolf one and received some nice weapons..

I tried to do Desert Wolf.

I hate Desert Wolf mobs. ;_; They're clever bastards and always lunge from where I can't reach on time.

Noi

This is probably a dumb question, but how exactly do you join private rooms that you have the name and password to?

Head to the Tavern, hit online multiplayer, then search for the room name. Once you find it, you can put it in the password to join if it needs one.

ZeroAKA

Head to the Tavern, hit online multiplayer, then search for the room name. Once you find it, you can put it in the password to join if it needs one.
I've done that before, but I was taken to an empty room instead. I'll try again later.

kiyomi

That really blows - that's what I'm worried about as well - I don't want to get screwed out of my merc. edition :( If I don't get it shipped out on Monday, I'm going to demand that Newegg ship out another one - even though they said they couldn't while it's in transit.
Sucks man. Hope your copy arrives pronto :)

Wish I knew which company was handling my delivery, already shipped so guessing its not UPS by the sounds of it?

I'm at my wits end with the 2 lvl you need to kill the giants on in chapter 3. I cant even get a couple killed as I get mauled by Grizzly mobs. Any advise, I'm currently back with my assassin.

vesp

Do cards or gear or anything ever change the core gameplay, not sure i really dig the idea of using the same 3-4 combos the entire game

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do cards or gear or anything ever change the core gameplay, not sure i really dig the idea of using the same 3-4 combos the entire game

It becomes much more about positioning and card combos later. But no, you don't use cards to earn new abilities (if that's what you're asking).

depward

Oh man, got a good party and we all rolled through most of the 3-x missions, including just destroying the lizard.

Good duo combo: hammersmith + cleric.

The healing aoe can heal while in air. Have cleric cast and hammersmith jump + neutral circle attack.

This game is gooooooood

neoemonk

I was going to pick this up as part of a buy 2 get 1 at Target today but they didn't have it. Not even an empty slot. They also seemed to be sold out of AC Liberation (empty slot).

Toki767

I was going to pick this up as part of a buy 2 get 1 at Target today but they didn't have it. Not even an empty slot. They also seemed to be sold out of AC Liberation (empty slot).

Gamestop is the only place you'll find this game in retail stores.

Noi

Ryuukan, if the bastard lights up his crest, DON'T attack him. You can only hit him in the glowing spot or else he'll fire those purple blobs that deal 3/4 of your health.

Edit: Now if only his god damn pounces were easier to identify. :/

I think at this point cleric is probably the easiest class.

Launching isn't hard to execute- probably easier than with a sword warrior, and the healing aura means being able to save a whole bunch of potions. It also means being able to wreck explosive barrels and collect what's inside without caring too much about getting hurt.

It doesn't hurt that the best weapon I have is a mace, though. I will probably switch classes again anyway when I find a new best weapon (unless it's a bow).

I started out as Cleric and even considered switching classes. I've breezed through solo to chapter 5 so far with no real issues. I love the counter attack.

Ramune

Got my copy of the Mercenary Edition. Just for a frame of reference for anyone else, I ordered on Amazon on Sept. 26 and while I had to wait till Thursday to pay it off, it came yesterday afternoon(Nov. 2nd; originally for Nov. 5th), using Prime shipping from USPS. Came with my PS3 Z.O.t.E. HD LE, so it was in a big box rather than a bubble mailer and came in excellent condition. Hope others finally get their copies soon! I ordered a cell phone and unfortunately UPS got tasked with that order so I won't get it till Monday. ¬_¬

I'm kinda useless for now since I lack a Vita, but in time... Totally going for Hammersmith! ;)

Top Bottom