• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 |OT| of no auto shotguns

strange_booj said:
Wasn't the first Vegas crap on the PS3? Just what I heard, yes no?

I couldn't tell you, I had the 360 version. Everybody got free maps because of the PS3 delay, didn't matter which version you had.

Kingpen

strange_booj said:
Where do you find the upcoming ads?

They have a forum that usually always has next weeks upcoming ads listed for target, CC and Best Buy.

I'm bummed that they didn't have a sale on it... with so many good games I'm trying to maximize my buck

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
strange_booj said:
Wasn't the first Vegas crap on the PS3? Just what I heard, yes no?
It was alright, it seemed like there was extra blur or something, i cant really explain it, it didnt look clean. I havent played the 360 version too much so i cant compare.
The ps3 version ran absolutely god awful if it wasnt set to 720p

Arnie

Can't wait, Day 1. I got about 3 ranks off Elite in vegas 1 so i am determined to get there the second time round.
Im thinking of using the FNC or the M468. There should be a GAF clan.
BTW im on the 360 version, gotta love those triggers. Also i played the ps3 port and it was quite good actually, a few things a wee bit out of sync but it was good for the most part. Vegas 1 + Gears 1 made my 2006 and most of 2007. I predict vegas 2 then gears 2 will make my 2008 + 2009.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I absolutely loved Vegas's multiplayer gameplay. I absolutely hated trying to find a game in it. Between the crazy load times joining a match, or waiting to play when i joined a game after it started, or trying to get a game with my friends it was a nightmare. Looks like the DIRECTLY addressed these issues with the first game and added a few more nice features. Copped

-ARNiE- said:
Can't wait, Day 1. I got about 3 ranks off Elite in vegas 1 so i am determined to get there the second time round.
Im thinking of using the FNC or the M468. There should be a GAF clan.
BTW im on the 360 version, gotta love those triggers. Also i played the ps3 port and it was quite good actually, a few things a wee bit out of sync but it was good for the most part. Vegas 1 + Gears 1 made my 2006 and most of 2007. I predict vegas 2 then gears 2 will make my 2008 + 2009.

If you are serious about clanning, I lead TEAM SHAKE

We were number #1 back on GRAW2 on teamcompete.com
We also clanned in COD4 in the first season but we all got too busy. Im looking for more people to join, and we have a teammate that was on the pro ladders.

ty_hot

R6 V1 sucked on PS3

Single player frame rate <<< 30
Split Screen frame rate <<< 20

Just Ridiculous!

And the online? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggg

I really expect they'll make this things better, because the rest is good

purg3

slept with Malkin
Raide said:
Interesting GameTrailers Review for those that are interested. Give a bit more detail on the singleplayer and multiplayer stuff, as well as more info in the ACES. Sorry if it has been posted already!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31741.html <-- HD Version.

Way to look about 5 posts up.

Kind of irritating that they are using a MP map from the first one as an actual level in the RSV2. Pretty weak.

Deepblue

Banned
Frillen said:
No M16 = no buy
M468.
dpp0006wr9.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Secks4Food said:
Respawning in T Hunt just seems so...wrong.

Guess they threw the option in there, but yeah that's not the T-Hunt I know and love. I'm sure using one life only will yield more XP or whatever they're calling it.

"I'm not cheating... a fly died in the center of my screen"
In multiplayer modes, players do not have a crosshair when covering against a wall. If you've played Vegas 1 multiplayer, you most likely came across a gamer who put a black dot in the middle of their screen with a marker, or a put a small rip of paper in the center held by a piece of tape. Whatever the case may be, there was no way to stop them from aiming from behind cover with their self-made crosshair and killing you in a blink of an eye. Enter Vegas 2, where pop-n-shoot has a movement penalty applied to the accuracy. Players are encouraged to peek around corners when waiting instead of covering to pop-n-shoot.

People seriously did this? That's just sad...

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
ALeperMessiah said:
People seriously did this? That's just sad...

Reminds me of the true birth of Xbox Live with Rainbow 6 3. People dotting the screen so they can run around with the ".50 Cal" to 1 shot everyone. Ahhhh yes, so annoying.

Duck said:
There's 16 players if you're on a dedicated server, not that it's a big difference.
i've never played on a 16player match and i logged in countless hours in vegas 1.how difficult is it to have a 8v8 without dedicated servers!?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm gonna give this game a rent, See how it is since I haven't played one since RS3(No expansions or anything).

kbear

Here's the only deal I've seen... hey it's better than nothing

Get A Free Gamer’s Energy Kit and Fuzzy Dice with Purchase of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 video game for the PS3 or XBOX 360 Game systems // Energy Kit is VRG GAMERKIT (value = $14.99) // Fuzzy Dice value = $5.00 // Freebies given while supplies last // Minimum 5 per store // Vegas 2 game in store 3/19/08 – 2 PM
@ Circuit City

edit, wait there's a better deal at Target... $10 gift card:

Get a Free Target $10 Gift card with the purchase of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 video game for the PS3 or XBOX 360 Game Systems // Quantities limited // No rain checks // Video Game available 3/19/08 by 4 PM!

Everdred

Get a Free Target $10 Gift card with the purchase of Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 video game for the PS3 or XBOX 360 Game Systems // Quantities limited // No rain checks // Video Game available 3/19/08 by 4 PM!
Well I found my deal. I already have a $40 gift card here from my PS3 purchase. I'm going to buy the 360 version though.

I didn't play much of the first, so if this is common knowledge spare me.

Can you just jump into a random persons match to play co-op? Can someone (non-friend or otherwise) jump into my game?

I'm hoping that you can set a flag to allows randoms to jump into your game like in Gears.

I want to play the shit out of co-op but I'm afraid not many on my friends list will.

purg3

slept with Malkin
DKo5 said:
Thats an old CS tactic as well.

Online video games. Serious business.

Haha, that's how I got good at no scopes with the awp in CS back in the day. :lol

Gregor-I think you can, but I'm not positive.

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
1. I'm pretty sure you can jump in randomly, at least to terrorist hunt which is what you should be playing anyways.
2. Just post here dude. There will be plenty of people playing it.

Top Bottom