• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 |OT| of no auto shotguns

Zer0

Banned
Saren is Bad said:
RSV was my favorite game on 360 till Halo 3 and CoD4, so I cannot wait for the game. I honestly cant believe the criticism that RSV2 is getting. This game is SO much different from CoD4 and Halo 3 that you cannot even compare them.

That being said, I am still buying this game day one and cannot wait to get online and start the grind to elite again.

i did not compare this game to cod4 or halo3,iam a big fan of the first vegas ( i played more vegas than halo3 or cod4 btw) and iam very dissapointment at the lack of effort from ubi on this game,is like a expansion pack more than a real game,with worse graphics on the single player campaing

Sectus

Treo360 said:
pop and shoot with a black dot/paper in the middle of the screen is still very much a factor despite what UBI soft says. I even tried for myself, sure instead of insta-kill pop-n-shot it now requires 2 bullets.
If you're talking about the "exploit" where you could pop'n'shoot with perfect accuracy they've fixed that now. When leaning from cover it takes about a half second before you gain perfect accuracy. This should also encourage more players to stay leaned out of cover instead of safely hiding.

madmook said:
Awesome, thanks for the info. Glad they put AI teammates back into terrorist hunt. How are the options for terrorist hunt mode? Can you choose the number of tangos, and is there really a respawn option?
You can choose the general amount of terrorists (low, medium or high). Respawns depends on difficulty selected. There's no respawns for realistic, and a few respawns for normal or casual.

When ending a terrorist hunt it also shows more statistics than in Vegas 1, and when selecting a map it now shows what difficulties you've completed it on. So those are some small but nice changes.

Quazar

Well I guess I'll wait and see how my friends like the game. We played the hell out of the first one online. If the online portion of the game is improved than I should be all for it. As long as Eric WK isn't on the other team. :p

madmook

Wait, so respawns in terrorist hunt is NOT an option? What if I wanna play normal difficulty without respawns or play realistic with some respawns?

Sectus

madmook said:
Wait, so respawns in terrorist hunt is NOT an option? What if I wanna play normal difficulty without respawns or play realistic with some respawns?
Nope, isn't an option. The closest you'll get to respawns on realistic is playing with AI teammates where you'll still be able to revive them if they go down.

The one thing I'm really curious about is how powerful the shield is in Vegas 2. You have to go through the entire Assault ACES rank to unlock it so I haven't been able to test it. It basically made the player invincible in Vegas 1 so I hope they've tweaked it somehow.

Worse graphics than Vegas 1? Not even close. This game has clearly better graphics. Been playing some campaign and terrorist hunt and I love it. It may not be more than R6V1.5 but it's really fun and they have ironed out many of the flaws the first game had.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Sectus said:
Nope, isn't an option. The closest you'll get to respawns on realistic is playing with AI teammates where you'll still be able to revive them if they go down.

The one thing I'm really curious about is how powerful the shield is in Vegas 2. You have to go through the entire Assault ACES rank to unlock it so I haven't been able to test it. It basically made the player invincible in Vegas 1 so I hope they've tweaked it somehow.

Is it more fair now, though? Like will I have a chance to pass the THunt levels on Realistic this time around?

Sectus

Yeah, I agree with that. Especially the multiplayer maps looks much better compared to Vegas 1. It's very apparent if you play a map like Killhouse which is in both games.

Domino Theory said:
Is it more fair now, though? Like will I have a chance to pass the THunt levels on Realistic this time around?
Well, in singleplayer you can play with AI teammates which is definitely MUCH more forgiving than playing singleplayer t-hunt in Vegas 1. Especially considering how you can get the AI teammates to use grenades at any time (smoke grenades will become your best friend).

In multiplayer, I don't know. I got the impression the enemy spawns rape you less often in Vegas 2 but I haven't played it enough to really conclude how it works. I've been able to surprise enemies in Vegas 2 t-hunt more than in Vegas 1, so I think it's slightly better in that regard.

Treo360

Sectus said:
If you're talking about the "exploit" where you could pop'n'shoot with perfect accuracy they've fixed that now. When leaning from cover it takes about a half second before you gain perfect accuracy. This should also encourage more players to stay leaned out of cover instead of safely hiding.

You can choose the general amount of terrorists (low, medium or high). Respawns depends on difficulty selected. There's no respawns for realistic, and a few respawns for normal or casual.

When ending a terrorist hunt it also shows more statistics than in Vegas 1, and when selecting a map it now shows what difficulties you've completed it on. So those are some small but nice changes.

Hence why I said it takes, what, 2 shots (or half a second)? You can always "preload" your aiming by activating your Hud (nvg/heat goggle) or by having your black dot/paper on your screen, but that is nearly true with all shooters, however the cover system makes this more of an exploit than the others.

Tomato=tomatoe Potatoe=Potato

Sectus

Treo360 said:
Hence why I said it takes, what, 2 shots (or half a second)? You can always "preload" your aiming by activating your Hud (nvg/heat goggle) or by having your black dot/paper on your screen, but that is nearly true with all shooters, however the cover system makes this more of an exploit than the others.

Tomato=tomatoe Potatoe=Potato
Well, I don't know how you mean "preloading" is still useful. It was something people did in Vegas 1 because they could pop'n'shoot with perfect accuracy. But that's not the case anymore. Marking where the crosshair gives no advantage since you'll have to wait a half second for the aim (and during that time you'll see the real crosshair anyway).

I'm invited by Ubisoft to try the game from 1 to 9 PM in Paris wednesday... There will be game presentation, gaming session and a tournament. I liked the first one, I can't wait to get my hands on that second one, even if it looks like the exact same...

I gotta say, a game where you can see everything while hiding behind a wall and not exposing yourself, doesn't seem very tactical, so much as complete bullshit (in regards to the multi only).

COD4 may have that stupid shoot from the forehead thing, but baby steps I guess.

I'll probably still do the single player though.

Treo360

PedroLumpy said:
I gotta say, a game where you can see everything while hiding behind a wall and not exposing yourself, doesn't seem very tactical, so much as complete bullshit (in regards to the multi only).

COD4 may have that stupid shoot from the forehead thing, but baby steps I guess.

QFT

Everdred

I think its a little unfair to compare GRAW2 and Vegas 2 because GRAW2 came out i think a year and 3 months after GRAW1. Vegas 2 is coming out over 2 years later. The game is not a rehash they have put a lot of work into improving it. Of course the game is just like Vegas 1 its a sequel but as someone else said the same goes for games such as Halo and COD to their previous games.

Updated OP with this weeks deals.

Frys - $39.99 available 3/20 by 5pm - Cheapass price
Best Buy - $59.99 available 3/19 by 2pm - Free assualt rifle download
Circuit City - $59.99 available 3/19 by 2pm - Free fuzzy dice and "Energy Pack"
Target - $59.99 available 3/19 by 4pm - Free $10 gift card

strange_booj said:
I think its a little unfair to compare GRAW2 and Vegas 2 because GRAW2 came out i think a year and 3 months after GRAW1. Vegas 2 is coming out over 2 years later.

Actually, its coming out 1 year and 4 months after vegas, so similar timelines.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
kbear said:
Damn.. Fry's has these great deals every week. They've gotta open up some east coast stores
Ditto. I used to go to the one in the San Fernando Valley (by Boeing ) all the time. Now here in Michigan I am a sad panda.

xS1TH L0RDx said:
this really wasn't on my radar until i saw this thread.

ugh...these games are fucking killing my wallet.
I hear you there. Getting PS3 version, hope to see you there.

Everdred

SIP YEK NOD said:
Actually, its coming out 1 year and 4 months after vegas, so similar timelines.
I apologize you're correct. GRAW 1 was released March 7, 2006 and GRAW2 March 6, 2007 so almost exactly 1 year. Vegas is indeed 1 year and 5 months apart.

Thats really weird to me because I didn't buy GRAW2 for this reason and it felt like it was so much closer together. Perhaps its because there are many more games being released now days.

PedroLumpy said:

yep this made the multi and singleplayer suck.

Zep

Banned
MEh...At least the game has a damn cover system and not some joke type shit like COD4. I'll take a cover system plus the best FPS gunplay this generation.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I will be picking this up!

add me!

PSN : Gr1mj0w

I just hope they don't have that shyt upscaling bug from the first one they still haven't fixed.

shifty100

Banned
Will be getting, my biggest hope is for ubisoft to put this game out with bugs as the first one had some shitty bugs in the game ( multiplayer ) which the did not fix for an age.

Zep said:
MEh...At least the game has a damn cover system and not some joke type shit like COD4. I'll take a cover system plus the best FPS gunplay this generation.

Cover system in COD4 is good. You hide behind something solid enough, and it's extremely difficult to get shot. That you have to actually stick your head out to see what's going on on the other side of whatever you're hiding behind is nice. Again, that you only need to stick out your head to be able to shoot is a problem, but again, baby steps.

Everdred

Ok, so I started the gamer round-up in the OP please make sure to state whether you're playing on PSN or Xbox Live.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
KarishBHR said:
XBL: On The Rochks

One thing they did really well with this game is the use of an XP system ala COD4

Which predates CoD 4 by... about a year in the original Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Top Bottom