• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

Cardigan

632A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_vIj.jpg

http://www.easports.com/media/play/image/43182428

k0ji-wd

Tf53 said:
Did for me, I think I used Safari or Chrome. Although not the photo version, I had to make it from scratch.

yeah i used a photo and it wouldn't work on a mac, they may have fixed it but i had to use firefox in windows for it to work.

Tf53

AndresON777 said:
guys I sucked and missed a 1v1 chance. how do I upgrade my virtual pro? can I do that offline?

sorry
Career mode. There was also a tutorial on Youtube about pumping up your stats, there's a link in this thread somewhere.

epik

Good game's last night boys... We gotta get more offensive pressure going, make more little passes to open up the field.

edit: The photo-taking is terrible quality, I don't remember it being this bad. NHL 11 has high res screenshots.

k0ji-wd

well tbh it's really difficult when you have human players that have OVRs lower than the default CPU player ratings, irregardless of skill level.

Hey all, I will be on tonight for Ramen United. I don't think I've played with you all since I became an 88 OVR. You ready to rip the goal of its posts?

You just missed out lousy 8-1 loss. I hold back words for our previous opponent, but they aren't pretty. It was a lot of fun, but that last game we had trouble with formation (my fault).

k0ji-wd

haha, we're still just outside the top 300 in the US though! (discount all the bitchass d/cs from the first few weeks and we'd be right up there)

however, we need to set harder positions for ourselves to play, no point in having a 70 OVR in the STR position or players without pace on the wings u know? i played in CDM with my 88 STR for 2 games :lol

i think that's the difference between the 'night time' (Euro/Asia) Ramen group, which rarely loses a game and the US Ramen group in that the former is the 4 of us (STR, LW, CB, CDM) which makes it easier.

Magicked

SmokingBarrelX said:
You just missed out lousy 8-1 loss. I hold back words for our previous opponent, but they aren't pretty. It was a lot of fun, but that last game we had trouble with formation (my fault).

Ouch, I jumped off at the right time it seems. :p

When I was on last night, we played a couple games without an ANY, then a couple with. We lost the first two and won the second two. It is absolutely vital that someone takes ANY and can control the defense. I was also able to push up a bit with the fullbacks last night and I think that helped our attack somewhat.

Agreed k0ji-wd. I know that your VPro and my VPro are probably able to play any position on the field if we set it up for our VPro. I was playing striker last night, and had plenty of opportunities, and hit the post quite a few times. :(

We definitely found that having an 'Any' was vital to success because if we have no one controlling the back four, the opposing team can just keep the ball up there, and we can't touch them. Possession on the games without the any was awful.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
All four games I was in yesterday felt close to me even. We even won one! It was just a matter of finishing really. I don't know what to ascribe it to but it seems like the other team always scores on their first two chances and yet we take 10 good shots without a goal. I think of the 20-or-so games I've been in there's only been one or two where I felt we were genuinely outclassed. Playing with more people might be a disadvantage but I love it. Still dreaming that one day we'll have 10 online.

Menelaus

Banned
Oh sure, blame US Ramen! :lol

I feel that US Ramen is always competitive, yet always royally screwed out of decent chances. We have a harder time creating those chances, though, because we aren't all beast mode VPs.

sneaky77

Menelaus said:
Oh sure, blame US Ramen! :lol

I feel that US Ramen is always competitive, yet always royally screwed out of decent chances. We have a harder time creating those chances, though, because we aren't all beast mode VPs.

I think we played pretty well yesterday, sometimes we need to pass more to the open guy even if it means a slower build up.
Most of the games yesterday we created more chances and controlled the match than the other team, just our AI defenders let us down more often than not..

Magicked

Yea, I think US Ramen will always play with an ANY from now on.

I definitely need to keep working on my pro. My busy couple of weeks is about to come to an end, so I should have some time. I'll check out that VP leveling strategy video.

sneaky77

Magicked said:
Yea, I think US Ramen will always play with an ANY from now on.

I definitely need to keep working on my pro. My busy couple of weeks is about to come to an end, so I should have some time. I'll check out that VP leveling strategy video.

yeah I finished all the arena accomplishments yesterday, and I have a few of the game ones so I just gotta keep working on that, at least I went from 70 to 74 in a day :lol

I've been MIA recently
*cough* Halo *cough*
but I want to get back into it soon and play with you guys. I still have a lot of work to do on my VP, though I'm sort of fed up with Manager Mode which was my main method for leveling. I think QVT is back from Europe sometime soon, so I'll send him a club invite when he returns. He's fired up to play some striker with us.

k0ji-wd

even though u guys haven't played with him much, ASIA RAMEN's own PEPEJJ is an absolute beast, not gonna get a better ST than him, i already have like a collection of long range missles from him :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
If you don't play with me you are nothing to me! Honestly I don't really care too much about any of the ranking stuff or record (clearly, I suppose) but winning is nice.

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
even though u guys haven't played with him much, ASIA RAMEN's own PEPEJJ is an absolute beast, not gonna get a better ST than him, i already have like a collection of long range missles from him :lol

yeah he is pretty awesome

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
If you don't play with me you are nothing to me! Honestly I don't really care too much about any of the ranking stuff or record (clearly, I suppose) but winning is nice.

I want to get to the top 10 so EA will record Martin Tyler saying 'Ramen United' for FIFA 12!

Top Bottom