• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

k0ji-wd

they have call names for the most active (something like top 10) clubs in each division from FIFA 10 custom recorded in FIFA 11, so i assume it would continue into FIFA 12.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nightz said:
That's pretty cool. I think I should stop playing so you guys have a shot at getting up there. :lol
No! That attitude would be contrary to the philosophy of Ramen USA.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
if anyone wants to cheese out some vp stats post here i should be around for a couple hours

whats the best way to upgrade after doing all the arena stuff? I got some stuff playing exhibition matches, maybe I need to get with one of you guys and cheese some stuff out sometime

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sneaky77 said:
whats the best way to upgrade after doing all the arena stuff? I got some stuff playing exhibition matches, maybe I need to get with one of you guys and cheese some stuff out sometime
Online versus.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
Online versus.

is there a way to play random people there or does it have to be against a friend? Does it work in exhibition matches in world class between 2 people in your own console?

edit: most of the time I am home you guys are in clubs, so I rather play that than spend time leveling up at those times lol.., I think CM is my fav position so far.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
by cheese do you guys mean boost? :lol I just grinded (slightly more acceptable?) a shitload of accomplishments, I set it to semi-pro and played an Irish team (Bay something) for 10 minutes. Was a massacre! my guy is now 87! Second only to k0ji on my friends list. All gained without boosting too!

I find it sooo hard to get an assist via a lob pass though! How to do it? long ball over the top from deep? everytime I set a guy up he misses the shot, so annoying and its so hard to recreate the next chance.

Re: clubs, my club is having a real hard time, I dont know how much of it is down to guys not training their pro up enough or just purely bad play. Do you have any tips on how you guys get a coherent game going?

Other teams just seem able to pass it round us at the moment. We dont want to use an Any either and we've made all our guys life-like (i.e. short :D )

kaizoku

k0ji-wd said:
Whoa, that shit works for you? I only get 'Cannot Retrieve Data' :(

I do get that sometimes but I just press RT/LT and it loads up another one, RB/LB go through sub pages of each category as well.

Its pretty nifty.

sneaky77 :lol

kaizoku said:
I do get that sometimes but I just press RT/LT and it loads up another one, RB/LB go through sub pages of each category as well.

Its pretty nifty.

sneaky77 :lol

Yea, k0ji-wd is top, with me second at 88 OVR. I haven't touched my pro in weeks, because I don't see the point in grinding or cheesing much more at this point.

k0ji-wd

Just a heads up I'm planning 'Match Week 2' for next weekend, i'll try and figure out an actual lineup for us to play, and switch it up every few games or something.

In the meantime, if you're going to be available post what times most suitable and i'll try and work out something that works for all of us.

kaizoku: we should arrange a friendly or two!

kaizoku

k0ji-wd said:
Just a heads up I'm planning 'Match Week 2' for next weekend, i'll try and figure out an actual lineup for us to play, and switch it up every few games or something.

In the meantime, if you're going to be available post what times most suitable and i'll try and work out something that works for all of us.

kaizoku: we should arrange a friendly or two!

its tricky cos my guys tend to only play after work or when they're not busy with family or social life. Gonna let it settle into a rhythm and see how regular the team gets together.

After me on 87 there's one guy on 84 then the rest are 78/77 or below :lol How many of you tend to play together? It seems like each timezone has a healthy quota of players?

ijm72

Good games guys. I got a lot of great passes from some of you guys for some easy goals. It was nice to get a big group of people to play with. The highlight of the night was definitely scoring 2 stoppage time goals to come back from a 3-1 deficit with only 9 players.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
10 on the pitch is an achievement I think right? up for that no doubt, be home after 8 eastern.

that was some fun last night.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gah i probably can't play saturday night. hangout night+the culmination of brocktober.

anyone up for some play tomorrow during the day though? I can be available between 10 and 3 eastern

Menelaus

Banned
Yeah tomorrow night is out for me, Stars game (in a suite!)

I'm pretty satisfied leaving my guy as a fullback, after Astro and I boosted a bit, he's a real beast back there, plus I'm up for every corner.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
One thing I was thinking on the train this morning (LOL): Would it make more sense not to party chat but to game chat? I say this because when you game chat you can see who's talking over their player. So for example you can see who it is who's calling out for a pass if there are several available options. We could just organize on party and then drop out and chat in game (you don't hear the other team except after goals and pre- and post- game).

also reposting for the new post:
anyone up for some play tomorrow during the day though? I can be available between 10 and 3 eastern
(or i'd be down for some boosting if only one or two people can play, my fks are in the 90s now and i want to completely max them out)

AstroLad said:
ggs guys. those two wins with 7/8p were my fifa 11 highlight so far
Doh! I didn't know you had that many people on. I was in a party with some friends.
AstroLad said:
also reposting for the new post:
anyone up for some play tomorrow during the day though? I can be available between 10 and 3 eastern?
(or i'd be down for some boosting if only one or two people can play, my fks are in the 90s now and i want to completely max them out)
I might be on, but I can't guarantee anything. Later afternoon is a better bet for me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kaizoku you should ditch those losers and play with us.

man if we have 8-10 and 2-3 80+ defenders . . . wow (i'd be happy to help any prospective defenders boost!). nightz was awesome back there last night and so was SBX's guy. it makes such a world of difference. the ai-created guys look like what would happen if you put in a middling striker at cb -- 90% of goals against are just some 5'1 fuck literally running past the entire ai defense

kaizoku

sneaky77 said:
im on

i need tips on backheels

I've tried all sorts of things for this and the only one that's worked is the flick on. you can't be in possesion of the ball and do a backheel it seems. at least I haven't been able to figure out how.

If you're just going for accomplishments the easiest is to be in midfield and drop back amongst your two CBs and do it amongst these three players. Have one CB pass to you in the middle and your guy flicks it behind him to the other CB.

Only way I've seen of guaranteeing that your guy will do a backheel.

Then just turn round and ask for the ball again and flick it backwards again! :D

Astrolad - I'm the reason they bought the game so its my responsibility really. We still have fun and its a challenge. Still hoping we can go from massacres to draws to earning wins on a regular basis. If we ever start to struggle for numbers I'll see if we can bring whoever's left over to rep Euro Ramen, (provided Euro Ramen has room for more players by then).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Got my dude up to an 85 for now but he is sick on passing. Have all the passing traits equipped currently. We should also decide on a couple people to take FKs. I'd like to take a few once in a while as I've been upgrading and he's near 90s.

I'm around for a while, just reading so post away if you wanna get a club match or do some boostin any time before 8 eastern.

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
Got my dude up to an 85 for now but he is sick on passing. Have all the passing traits equipped currently. We should also decide on a couple people to take FKs. I'd like to take a few once in a while as I've been upgrading and he's near 90s.

I'm around for a while, just reading so post away if you wanna get a club match or do some boostin any time before 8 eastern.

yeah I have the early crossing trait and a couple more of those, finally got my dude to about 40% completion, so considering I only started trying to really boost stuff this week I am doing alright.

sneaky77

No Ramen Noodle update since yesterday I feel like I am going thru withdrawal being stuck at work last night and today lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sneaky77 said:
No Ramen Noodle update since yesterday I feel like I am going thru withdrawal being stuck at work last night and today lol
srsly, let's get some games going

(anytime before 3 eastern pls)

k0ji-wd

shit, just got up but gotta take my gf to the airport in 2 hours and helping her finish packing in the meantime

LATER ON U-N-I-T-E

Top Bottom