• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

k0ji-wd

should let u guys know that the lag seemed to be as bad as it has been since everything's been 'fixed' when we tried to play a few games last night , one game even d/c us from the ea servers like the old days. but whatever, hopefully it's just a random thing.

sneaky77

k0ji-wd said:
should let u guys know that the lag seemed to be as bad as it has been since everything's been 'fixed' when we tried to play a few games last night , one game even d/c us from the ea servers like the old days. but whatever, hopefully it's just a random thing.

yeah I got disconnected from EA servers couple nights ago.. but didnt have much lag

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Anyone up for a couple games of boosting? Just post here if so wanna work on a couple simple accomplishments I have left.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
Astro is now official first team coach in charge of player development :D
:lol I just wish we had someone who wanted to boost a goalie. Would be super easy and the goalie skills are cool.

k0ji-wd said:
Astro is now official first team coach in charge of player development :D
Haha, so true.
AstroLad said:
:lol I just wish we had someone who wanted to boost a goalie. Would be super easy and the goalie skills are cool.
Yup, would be good to have a goalie on our team one of these days. Might help us a lot in the close games.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The ideal setup would probably be Ragnar and any of the other defenders each playing as their VPs (a rare opportunity for Ragnar!) and the GK playing as Any while his man holds down the fort. Unless someone were to actually get really good at GK itself, which I suppose is possible but I haven't really seen anyone talking about playing GK.

Still surprised we haven't gotten to 10 yet -- been so close several times.

Menelaus

Banned
Yeah, probably ideally, we'd have one open defender posish that the GK/ANY man could play as. That gives us a stacked keeper AND a 4 man back line.

Can't wait to see that happen!

And I don't mind playing ANY, but my pro doesn't really grow when I do that, so I wouldn't have a problem actually playing my posish.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Menelaus said:
Yeah, probably ideally, we'd have one open defender posish that the GK/ANY man could play as. That gives us a stacked keeper AND a 4 man back line.

Can't wait to see that happen!

And I don't mind playing ANY, but my pro doesn't really grow when I do that, so I wouldn't have a problem actually playing my posish.
Is that true that your VP doesn't get credit when you don't play as him? For some reason I thought as long as he was in the game you got credit, but I guess the other way makes sense too.

Menelaus

Banned
I only get achievements if I'm playing as him, which will rarely happen in a game where I'm rotating between 6-8 players.

It also seems to hurt my match rating, it's as if it's tied to my pro, whom I'm never controlling. Even games that I've had goals and assists with the defaults, my match rating sucks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Your VP is Ramen's official martyr. The lack of accomplishment progress is annoying though, because a bunch of the defensive ones are real grinds, although some like MotM would be tough to get anyway and you have to get like what 25 of those? The rating thing doesn't matter except that it keeps track of you over time right? Pretty much if you are playing fw or mid and the team gets several goals you will have an 8.0+ rating. If you don't get a bunch of goals it will be a couple points lower. Kind of silly and some of the things it grades you down on are ridiculous. Like if someone comes into your space it wants you to cover another area but then it takes forever to readjust and direct you back to your natural position. I just go f that and go back to LW when it's appropriate not when the CPU thinks I should.

Menelaus

Banned
my only request as official martyr is that you direct corner kicks directly towards my 6'3'' frame and massively powerful forehead. :lol

Menelaus said:
It also seems to hurt my match rating, it's as if it's tied to my pro, whom I'm never controlling. Even games that I've had goals and assists with the defaults, my match rating sucks.
When you leave the match, it'll report your overall rating if you play ANY, but your VP's rating should stay intact. That doesn't mean that EA is actually recording it properly. Other players in the match will see the rating for just your VP - we took a look at this before you guys go on and magicked was playing ANY. I guess you could check on our club page under details for individual matches if you want to make sure it's recording the proper one.

In any case, thanks for playing ANY as it's a thankless task back there trying to control the wonky defense and not leveling your guy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cornballer said:
When you leave the match, it'll report your overall rating if you play ANY, but your VP's rating should stay intact. That doesn't mean that EA is actually recording it properly. Other players in the match will see the rating for just your VP - we took a look at this before you guys go on and magicked was playing ANY. I guess you could check on our club page under details for individual matches if you want to make sure it's recording the proper one.

In any case, thanks for playing ANY as it's a thankless task back there trying to control the wonky defense and not leveling your guy.
The worst part of Any is how the VP guys are so low-rated that you can have fuck-ups that are 0% your fault. Ragnar was killin it back there yesterday though.

Also lol at the Club page TSE and Pepe have played like 100 2P games (and probably won most of them I'm sure). Cheesers!

That's a great link actually, you can see everyone who's online easily.

Also we're only 4 wins away from being .500!

I invited another former GAF team member that plays midfield, so he should be on the roster soon. He's a good player at center-mid or winger and his gamertag is boomheadshot45.
AstroLad said:
Ragnar was killin it back there yesterday though.
Oh most definitely. Defense was rock solid yesterday.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cool I have meetings today but might be able to sneak home in time to play and/or boost from around 7-10 if they go short.

k0ji-wd

haha yeah, we're just trying to even out all those d/c losses from early on in the clubs history!

i just realised something messed up. . .a lot of the games we've 'cheesed' have been 3 or 4 of us playing, but the game records it as only 2 of us, and a ton of results where we actually played as 2 haven't been recorded. ADDITIONALLY, i just noticed that we have 3 active club members that aren't on the page, or in the game squad page for that matter, and also some results from the last few days have been wiped from the history.

and ragnar, you get accomplishments and progression as normal even if u play as ANY.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
he's a cb -- he shouldn't get that many touches unless we're getting dominated! (which hasn't happened much recently)

I reinstalled my copy of FIFA11 to HDD, and I'm going to clear my cache tonight. Hope that clears up the freezing that I've been having.
Menelaus said:
Really tempted to turn him into a GK, since I've been playing ANY(ways).
Would be interesting to see how that impacts our defense. Your VP tends to put out a lot of fires at the back, but having a good goalie would be rad.

k0ji-wd

i'd be wary about having a human GK tbh, if there's one thing the CPU can do well on occasions, it's shot stopping. also doesn't help that every human GK i've seen has been shit.

but i guess no hurt in trying it out.

Menelaus

Banned
The point is to have your ANY player have a GK pro that is controlled by the computer. Of course, I don't know if it would let the ANY change to the GK, which would be extremely dangerous.

I would never have suggested it if I thought I'd be playing GK manually, ever. :lol

Silver medal!

Btw, the player-controlled keepers make for hilarious times in Pro Ranked Matches. QVT and I were playing together in that (just join at the same time and it'll often put you in the same room) and had some funny moments of scoring goals while the keepers were completely AWOL.

Menelaus

Banned
So GKs are pretty easy/fun to boost by yourself. I played 2 matches and got 13 achievements, 6 coming from a single PK by my GK in OT to win the match :lol

I'd be up for some clubs if my roommate wasn't playing Halo. If he jumps off here soon then I will jump on. So, unless you see FIFA as the game, it isn't me.

Top Bottom