• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

k0ji-wd

good goal, but yeah i'll need a celebration pic and a close up in game of your dude if you can (in the palermo home kit).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
Ramen Intro Video WIP:

2elb3td.png

If u guys score any decent goals when i'm not there save/upload them, it'd really help me out.

Still need profile pics from Cornballer, Menelaus.

I didn't realize I'd needed some closeup shots of the VPs, but if u guys wanna grab another one that'd be cool, otherwise I'll use the full body shots. Also, I'm going to eventually need some celebration videos but i'll figure that out later.

this shit gettin' outta control!
:lol missed your post thats awesome fwiw my # is 24 now; forgot to change it initially

k0ji-wd

so we kept gettin matched up with these bitchasses who would quit as soon as the game would load up so we decided to get some red cards as soon as possible, 3 red cards, 5 yellows and 90 minutes later:

35bseuv.jpg

Menelaus

Banned
Sorry about last night dudes, I was playing pretty poorly. My gramps is in the hospital, kept getting calls and was generally distracted.

k0ji - lemme know if you need anything more:

632A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_itG.jpg

632A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Lhb.jpg

I'm not sure the close up is close enough (couldn't figure out how to get the camera in tighter) and I can do a celebration one if you need it.

Menelaus said:
Sorry about last night dudes, I was playing pretty poorly. My gramps is in the hospital, kept getting calls and was generally distracted.
Sorry to hear that. :(

Magicked

Menelaus said:

No worries man. Hope your grandpa is alright.

Menelaus

Banned
Yeah, he's doing better today, but any time you add old dude + surgery, it's a roll of the dice. Thanks for the encouragement :D

Nightz

I'm having some type of Ramen withdrawal or something. I miss playing with you guys. :lol

Best wishes to your gramps, Ragnar!

Magicked

So I've changed my guy around just a little bit since my last pictures. Primarily, I've added an afro. k0ji, can I upload new pictures or will that screw you up?

Magicked said:
So I've changed my guy around just a little bit since my last pictures. Primarily, I've added an afro. k0ji, can I upload new pictures or will that screw you up?

I added an green afro, yellow gloves, and red shoes...It doesn't look normal. But it ties the pink of the jersey with the black of the shorts.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Messed around for about an hour and got most of the standing tackle achievements. Want to maybe try out LB if the opportunity arises (i.e., we have lots of people on). It's too bad that I'm 89 at CAM and 89 at CB but then drop to 84 at LB. All I'm really missing is a few marking achievements and most of the sliding ones.

They need better defensive traits too. I mean Acrobatic Clearance? OK I guess. But there really are no traits that focus on core defensive play, unlike passers who have like five dedicated traits and shooters who have four or something.

Anyway, if anyone wants to boost for a couple games just post I can probably hop on.

Menelaus

Banned
Well, I can say from experience that acrobatic clearance is pretty much worth its weight in gold, even if that's the only one we get. It not only lets you kick the ball from almost any angle, it greatly increases the chance that the ball stays in play downfield.

k0ji-wd

Magicked said:

No worries, hit me up!

Magicked

AstroLad said:
are we gonna be able to get some folks together for games between now and 930 or so?

I will be eating soon, then I can probably play a bit before 9:30. If anything, we can boost. I still need a lot of achievements.

Gonna run some errands now, but I should be able to play in maybe an hour and a half? I'll hop on when I'm done with all of this.

ijm72

Good games guys we really dominated those last couple of games. Human controlled defense really makes a difference.

I should be able to play a bit tonight after work. That was a ton of fun with an almost full crew last night. I thought we'd be disorganized, but it actually worked out pretty well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cornballer said:
I should be able to play a bit tonight after work. That was a ton of fun with an almost full crew last night. I thought we'd be disorganized, but it actually worked out pretty well.
Yup I had more fun playing CB than I thought I could. One thing I'd like when I'm playing CB is for the wings to call out when they are open. My CB has 80-90 long passing (depending on if I make him a sweeper) and I know as a wing I'm sometimes wide open on the counter, so if someone says right or left after a steal I can bomb it down there with some accuracy and speed.

Magicked

AndresON777 said:
I can see why you guys play this a lot it's addictive. I'll try to play better and bring my A game

Hell yea man. We can also set up some boosting for your pro. I still need to work on mine as well.

AstroLad said:
Yup I had more fun playing CB than I thought I could. One thing I'd like when I'm playing CB is for the wings to call out when they are open. My CB has 80-90 long passing (depending on if I make him a sweeper) and I know as a wing I'm sometimes wide open on the counter, so if someone says right or left after a steal I can bomb it down there with some accuracy and speed.

Yea, my guy has great long passing as well. I love bombing the ball to the wings. :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Be interesting to see if we can get ten today, especially see how four works in defense.

I was going to play LB since I have almost all my offensive accomplishments (missing just one) but CB was just fun; a real different feeling from LW.

The big danger would be having two (or more) people from the back pushing up every time. Honestly think it should be either the LB or RB and that's it so that way we have 3 people back and are able to recover from any minor positional mistakes or just bad animations a defender might get caught in, especially against those 5'1 90-rated forwards that every other team seems to have. I know Corny likes to creep up so that would mean the LB needs to stay back more so we in the middle don't have to cover entire halves of the field and we can split more into thirds.

Last thing is to hold RB just to get into position when not involved in play at all. Helps to keep a real line.

AstroLad said:
It'd be cool to try this out. I'm curious how much lag there is in party chat and whether or not that would throw off the timing on something like this.

I also have unused long passing ability. I was trying to switch the ball more last night when playing RB, but I ended up hammering it out of bounds a couple times. I need to work more on that.
AstroLad said:
The big danger would be having two (or more) people from the back pushing up every time. Honestly think it should be either the LB or RB and that's it so that way we have 3 people back and are able to recover from any minor positional mistakes or just bad animations a defender might get caught in, especially against those 5'1 90-rated forwards that every other team seems to have. I know Corny likes to creep up so that would mean the LB needs to stay back more so we in the middle don't have to cover entire halves of the field and we can split more into thirds.
Wing back is fun, but you can definitely get caught up field if you're not paying attention - this happened to me a bunch of times last night. Just a matter of not overexposing ourselves and making sure someone's back to cover (e.g. if I go forward then the LB should be careful about not leaving and a d-mid should shade towards the defensive side) or if someone else decides to bomb forward then I need to stay disciplined and stick with the defense.

Part of the fun of this game mode is knowing that everyone is very dependent on each other for us to win. I was happy about how we played last night because I figured that everyone would be chasing the ball and we'd get caught out a bunch of times, but that wasn't the case.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that -- isn't the max party size 8? I guess we can just drop out of party if we get to 8+.

(If we have less than 8 I'll be playing LW or LM though.)

Once it gets up to 5-6 people, it might be a good idea to drop out of party chat anyway so we can see the indicator of who's talking on the screen. Gets confusing with all of us gabbing in party chat.

Magicked

One thing that is super helpful on defense is pressing select when you need to hold a position. I do this a lot when the other team has a goal kick or other long kick so I can make sure to see where the ball is going without having to wait for the screen to catch up (I play on tele). So I end up hitting select a lot to switch back and forth between the ball and my guy.

Unfortunately this doesn't work on ANY.

Menelaus

Banned
Or just watch the radar.

If we have an all human back line, we need to avoid the creep as much as possible (and I'm one of the most offending parties). We will get absolutely toasted if they catch us out of position with our backs turned.

Nightz

AstroLad said:
Last thing is to hold RB just to get into position when not involved in play at all. Helps to keep a real line.
This helps a lot. Being a soccer noob, I have my finger on RB for about 90% of the game. :D

Edit: I'm in the backfield pretty much the whole game. Only times I go past midfield is on corner kicks and I usually get screwed because I have to run all the way back. :lol

Magicked

I definitely look at the radar too, but it's hard to get the best positioning on whoever you're marking with the radar alone.

k0ji-wd

Ooooooooo tactics, love this shit!

Just got home, sleep+salon appointment+Sat breakfast with gf = I will be good to play in about 8 hours

Should try playing on co-op cam, that's what I use, works great.

k0ji-wd said:
Just got home, sleep+salon appointment+Sat breakfast with gf = I will be good to play in about 8 hours
You should take Astro and QVT's VPs with you because they both could use a haircut.

Should try playing on co-op cam, that's what I use, works great.
I've been using that recently and it works pretty well except when I'm on the far touchline and everything is pretty tiny.

Top Bottom