• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

k0ji-wd

goddamnit went on an 8 game winning streak then lost two in a row (one to a 7300 point tram) to drop to div 4 and 69 in NA :(

will post todays highlights soon

Nightz

Sorry for my horrible play in the only match I played in last night. I had a couple of distractions, plus I was falling asleep during the game, so I shouldn't have been playing in the first place.

Menelaus

Banned
Wife didn't understand my instructions on how to set up her utorrent scheduler, so at midnight I got violently removed from the game against my will. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
k0ji-wd said:
goddamnit went on an 8 game winning streak then lost two in a row (one to a 7300 point tram) to drop to div 4 and 69 in NA :(

will post todays highlights soon
wtf that's ridiculous if you lost overall rank going 8-2

are you getting that hd recorder. that would be dope

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
wtf that's ridiculous if you lost overall rank going 8-2

are you getting that hd recorder. that would be dope

nah we were in div 2, ranked 50th in NA then dropped down to div 4 after those 2 losses. . .

i wanna get that hd card, but im still having a hard tme justifying it :lol

Menelaus

Banned
TheVisualizer said:
the CPU fullbacks were turnstiles all game long after Ragnar left so I had to defend 3 guys at once on a couple occasions and wasn't able to get the angle right to close down the shooter
Welcome to my hell when you're not around! :lol

Hope you're feeling better, did N1ghtz get you sick?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
was nice playing with Ramen Utd today, shame the game was too laggy for anyone to make anything of it. We're all based in the UK and I guess much of RU is based outside so probably doesn't help.

sorry if you guys were waiting ages for the game to get going, our guys had a weird crash beforehand, then I tried to invite you and it moaned and then I finally saw the invite from you appear.

bit of a clunky interface as expected!

<--LVP again :(

I will never not play without auto shooting again. I didn't even think about that as the reason why I was missing the net until QVT said something. I need to shape up or ship out.

sneaky77

SmokingBarrelX said:
I missed too many times. I feel personally responsible for about three losses.

it happens, sometimes is a bad day.

Connections have been pretty spotty for me since the update.. not sure whats going on

ijm72

I kept getting really bad lag the last couple of games. It would drop me out from the games I think it might have something to do with the patch because that never really happened to me before.

Menelaus

Banned
I had forgotten what's it's like to play RCB all game. Sure is nice to have 9.4+ ratings without having to score :lol

Yup, much easier putting up big numbers if you're in the back line. A couple tackles and some passes and you're there. Playing up top is feast or famine based on whether or not we're scoring. Midfield can be a bitch if you don't get the ball because there aren't a lot of points on the table for positioning and tackling.

epik

Cornballer said:
Yup, much easier putting up big numbers if you're in the back line. A couple tackles and some passes and you're there. Playing up top is feast or famine based on whether or not we're scoring. Midfield can be a bitch if you don't get the ball because there aren't a lot of points on the table for positioning and tackling.

So true, and we barely play the ball in the mid.. Especially Center AM -

Mostly it's just the D booting it up to the striker.. or the wing's take it all the way.

I would love to do the nice 1, 2's in the mid.. and some good breakouts but one would argue that lag is against us in that regard.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
epik said:
So true, and we barely play the ball in the mid.. Especially Center AM -

Mostly it's just the D booting it up to the striker.. or the wing's take it all the way.

I would love to do the nice 1, 2's in the mid.. and some good breakouts but one would argue that lag is against us in that regard.
It's tough because booting it is pretty good. One game when we were playing against a highly ranked team I just sort of watched their D and they booted it 99% of the time (using computer players + any no less) and had great success doing so. I know when I play D I much prefer to go for a little build up but you have to balance the risk/reward and the risk is pretty great with the input lag and how easy it is to dispossess defenders

Menelaus

Banned
As a sweeper, I favor as little possession near the back line as possible, just because it's 3 to 4 generics back there are are totally shit, with one guy scrambling to cover a dawdling midfielder's ass. That being said I try hard to work it up the field rather than booting, but sometimes you gotta suck it up and clear it out.

AstroLad said:
It's tough because booting it is pretty good. One game when we were playing against a highly ranked team I just sort of watched their D and they booted it 99% of the time (using computer players + any no less) and had great success doing so. I know when I play D I much prefer to go for a little build up but you have to balance the risk/reward and the risk is pretty great with the input lag and how easy it is to dispossess defenders
Yeah, ultimately a mix of passing based on our in-game situation is probably the best. Depends on the personnel, score, etc...

Magicked

sneaky77 said:
most of the time when we pass the ball around well, we create many more chances than just booting it up

Agreed. It seems most of the time when we just boot the ball to the front line, the opposing team has tall CBs that win the headers and we end up losing possession. I'm not referring to playing a nice through ball in the air, because those work well (and they also usually come from the midfield). I think when we slow it down and work it through the midfield it is much easier to put the ball at our forward's feet in dangerous positions. Then our forwards are generally good at dribbling and beating defenders once they have possession.

So I'm not a huge fan of the long ball strategy, because I don't think it is very reliable.

Magicked said:
Agreed. It seems most of the time when we just boot the ball to the front line, the opposing team has tall CBs that win the headers and we end up losing possession. I'm not referring to playing a nice through ball in the air, because those work well (and they also usually come from the midfield). I think when we slow it down and work it through the midfield it is much easier to put the ball at our forward's feet in dangerous positions. Then our forwards are generally good at dribbling and beating defenders once they have possession.

So I'm not a huge fan of the long ball strategy, because I don't think it is very reliable.

Why I'm glad Martin O'Neil left Aston Villa.

brentech

Turned in my PS3 rental and bought 360 version. Waiting for it to arrive and reading through this thread makes me very impatient.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Magicked said:

Yeah I was more alluding to the fact that booting it up really is pretty effective at clearing out of danger. A dispossession in defense or deep midfield is almost an instant goal. Maybe the midfielders can track back a bit more to receive more simple passes from defense? Through balls tend to be so gimped that I wonder if we're not hurting ourselves not relying on the regular pass as the default rather than the through.

Probably gonna be a couple days before I can join in as we're still getting settled into our new place but looking forward to jumping back in for a few games.

Magicked

AstroLad said:
Yeah I was more alluding to the fact that booting it up really is pretty effective at clearing out of danger. A dispossession in defense or deep midfield is almost an instant goal. Maybe the midfielders can track back a bit more to receive more simple passes from defense? Through balls tend to be so gimped that I wonder if we're not hurting ourselves not relying on the regular pass as the default rather than the through.

Probably gonna be a couple days before I can join in as we're still getting settled into our new place but looking forward to jumping back in for a few games.

I usually try to provide an outlet in the midfield whenever I play DM. Unfortunately, I get man marked rather frequently. We can also swing the ball out to the R/LB and then work it back in.

But yes, generally on defense it's a good idea to hoof the ball clear when you're under pressure. I have no problems with this.

brentech said:
Turned in my PS3 rental and bought 360 version. Waiting for it to arrive and reading through this thread makes me very impatient.
Post your gamer tag once your copy arrives and we'll send you an invitation to the club.

k0ji-wd

whoa what, i didn't remove him, and i just called him, he didn't quit either, that's fucked. . .now he loses all of his stats

Top Bottom