• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Cornballer said:
You should take Astro and QVT's VPs with you because they both could use a haircut.

I could probably do with a nose cut, actually.

632A0001_4_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_CwK.jpg

I'm definitely willing to play ANY with Awesome Afro at CB more often, as long as when the opportunity arises and I can make runs, it is a blast, plus, minus a few panic mistakes, I thought I did pretty well holding the line.

k0ji-wd

SmokingBarrelX said:
I'm definitely willing to play ANY with Awesome Afro at CB more often, as long as when the opportunity arises and I can make runs, it is a blast, plus, minus a few panic mistakes, I thought I did pretty well holding the line.

Yeah you were pretty solid in the last game.

I don't want to put people into specific roles, but based on recent lineups and such our best formation seems to be

4-1-2-1-2

GK
N1ghtz/Astro LB
Ragnar/N1ghtz/Magic CB
Awesome/Visualiser CB
Cornballer/shoplift3r/Andres RB
Magic/Cornballer DMF
Astro/manutdscot/epik07 LM
k0ji/younghov/epik07 RM
sneaky77/Cornballer/Andres AMF
QVT/PEPE RS
younghov/k0ji LS

I'm going to do some defensive accomplishments so I can help out whenever we have a shortage of defenders. The last couple games where we had 8, 9 really solidified the fact that with a decent, fast, all human defence, half the game is already won.

When we have a small group of 6 or so, it's probably even worth it to play 3/4 in defence and have 1 playing ST and another controlling the entire midfield.

k0ji-wd

epik said:
Koji you forgot about moi :( .... grr

haha, i went back to edit the post and you replied already :lol

but dude, u should spend a few talent development sessions with Astro, you're pretty good for having a low rated VP, so i think you'd do really well after the 'AstroTheLad Intense Boosting Program'

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cornballer said:
You guys should make a low budget infomercial selling your services that they can play on Fox Soccer Channel at 4am.
it's going to get harder and harder to get people not to quit as we all become 80+ then 85+ and so on. wish it hid rating. altho i do think most of the quitting stems just as much from just our sheer numbers. it's the damn 2P problem. 90% of the players are 2P just looking for other 2Ps, which is absurd. i mean if i was going up against 8-10, even with 2-4, i'd love the chance to take them on. for the novelty for starters, but also b/c frankly i'd assume they'd be really easy to break down

QVT

k0ji-wd said:
u got that shit down to a science

Yup we've got the:

QVT Theory of Volley Development with magicked Postulate for Heading which QVT then refined into the QVT's Unified Theory of Volley and Heading Development

Cornballer Theory of Cross Acceptance

AstroLad's Conjecture on How Few People Can Really Play Defense

It's all there.

AstroLad said:
it's going to get harder and harder to get people not to quit as we all become 80+ then 85+ and so on. wish it hid rating. altho i do think most of the quitting stems just as much from just our sheer numbers. it's the damn 2P problem. 90% of the players are 2P just looking for other 2Ps, which is absurd. i mean if i was going up against 8-10, even with 2-4, i'd love the chance to take them on. for the novelty for starters, but also b/c frankly i'd assume they'd be really easy to break down
Is there any chance that we get into a better division for next season? That might help.

The 2P problem is a hassle in any case.

QVT

Oh forgot the

AstroLad and QVT Tested, Retested, and Refined Goal Line Stopping Technology Initiative with Chips Ahoy Addendum

k0ji-wd

Andres Theory of FUCK YOU MAN

sneaky theory of OHHHHH COME ON!

:D

btw, i think if we score. . .we need to have 10 dudes simultaneously do the push ups (RB--><--) or 10 man moonwalk would be neat too.

The rowing and shit is cool, but it seems you can only have two three dudes row.

Yeah, if you guys have specific celebrations that you want to use, lemme know what the button sequences are. I just randomly press buttons when we score. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
QVT said:
Oh forgot the

AstroLad and QVT Tested, Retested, and Refined Goal Line Stopping Technology Initiative with Chips Ahoy Addendum
Oh man I still gotta get that one as a midfielder. I get excited now when I come upon accomplishments I haven't gotten yet.

Anyway I should be home at about 2:30 if people want to boost. Been a good week to have time off.

epik

I finish work at 5.. I may leave by 4.. I added you as a friend, not sure if it worked.. check your friends list.. if not add me epik07..

Thanks

k0ji-wd

Last post before I go to sleep:

When editing the replays I noticed the game assigns weird number combos based on position if you don't set a specific one in the VP menu. So for the sake of team unity, I'm going to list the following kit numbers for everybody. If you want a specific number let me know.

But please edit your VP to use this number and it should be consistent in the game.

2 N1ghtz
4 Magick
5 Visualiser
6 PEPE
7 manutdscot
8 k0ji
9 Cornballer
10 QVT
11 younghov
12 sneaky
13 shopliftr
14 epik07
15 Visualiser
17 Ragnar
21 Awesome
24 Astro
69 Andres
99 Tf53

QVT

I can't seem to get it to accept my use of 93 so I'll try 10 and hopefully that works better. Bergkamp represent

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
QVT said:
I can't seem to get it to accept my use of 93 so I'll try 10 and hopefully that works better. Bergkamp represent
Yeah it keeps giving me different numbers in-game too. Don't think anyone else is using 24 and I specifically chose it so I'm not sure what's going on. Someone tweet Rutter.

#9 is fine by me. I think I'm currently set to #13, but I'll switch it over.
AstroLad said:
Oh man I still gotta get that one as a midfielder. I get excited now when I come upon accomplishments I haven't gotten yet.
My list is getting shorter, too. Only need about ~35 of the non-goalie ones. Some of those aren't really boostable, but I'll get 'em eventually.
Menelaus said:
Nice. Just printed out a copy.

Im making my return to Ramen today, after koji convinced me to comeback, I think I'm gonna go with CB instead of Fullback going forward, btw can I get #16 instead of #15 koji?

Here's some closeups of my pro, btw I'll be sending out friend reqs shortly to all (again)

632A0001_4_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_Wee.jpg

632A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_UGr.jpg

Nightz

I'm ok with 2 but if possible I'll take 3. That's what my VP is set to, but I was always assigned 4 because someone else had it.

I'm bored at work, so here's a roster with names, numbers, current stats, etc...
Code:
[B]RAMEN ROSTER[/B]

[b]GT		GAF		#	GP	GLS	AST	POS[/b]
N1ghtz 		N1ghtz 		2	18	2	1	LB/CB
magicked	magicked	4	31	5	4	DMF/CB	
PepeJJ		???		6	157	80	32	RS
manutdscot	zethi		7	27	14	1	LM
tse88		k0ji-wd		8	213	141	138	RM/LS
Cornballer	Cornballer	9	43	15	4	RB/DMF/AMF
QVT		QVT		10	38	12	5	ST
younghov72	ijm72		11	55	26	7	RM
sneaky77	sneaky77	12	46	6	10	AMF
shopliftr	shoplifter	13	7	1	1	RB
epik07		epik		14	16	7	1	RM
The Visualizer	TheVisualizer	15	-	-	-	CB
Ragnar Lodbrok	Menelaus	17	68	15	23	CB
Awesome Animals	SmokingBarrelX	21	24	16	4	CB
AstroLad	AstroLad	24	55	10	22	LM/LB
AndresON777	AndresON777	69	10	0	0	AMF/RB
Tf53		Tf53		99	2	0	0	-

k0ji-wd

Deleted a bunch of dudes who haven't been on for a while and with 10 or less appearances.

This leaves the following as the reserves team:

DannyCoolX
jmcel
StrikeVillain
Tf53
fivehorizons

(is fivehorizons playing Cornballer?)

Tf53

AstroLad said:
well that didn't quite work out like last night

today's greatest success by far:
bIaHS.jpg
God damnit, you got that before or after I left? Sorry for the brief visit, and the performance. I seriously had at least two seconds of lag. :lol

Top Bottom