• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RAMEN UNITED: The Official NeoGAF FIFA 11 Club (360)

Cornballer said:
That's for offline. Might be able to go to unranked online matches with friends and get some of the intermediate/advanced accomplishments if that's how it works.
Astrolad and I tried this last night, but it doesn't work. You can only get the beginner ones.
SmokingBarrelX said:
It's Wednesday, so it is Halo night. So I might not be on much tonight.
Probably the same for me. Not sure how much FIFA I'll be playing tonight.

Me and a couple buddies all watch the Big Bang Theory, and we randomly started playing Halo on Wednesday, which in the show is when the OCD fellow insists on playing Halo with his group.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cornballer said:
Astrolad and I tried this last night, but it doesn't work. You can only get the beginner ones.
Probably the same for me. Not sure how much FIFA I'll be playing tonight.
I just realized you do need to be a defender to get those accomplishments we were going for. So there's still a very small sliver of a chance that it works.

AstroLad said:
I just realized you do need to be a defender to get those accomplishments we were going for. So there's still a very small sliver of a chance that it works.
Ah, good call. We should do a definitive test at some point. My guess is that it doesn't work, but it's worth a shot to avoid grinding.
k0ji-wd said:
had the best night of Clubs games so far, no lag, no disconnections, every match found on the first try.
Nice one!

k0ji-wd

Cornballer said:
Ah, good call. We should do a definitive test at some point. My guess is that it doesn't work, but it's worth a shot to avoid grinding.
Nice one!

i would guess that you'll be able to get the beginner ones, the ones that are unlocked 'in any match' but not the ones that are 'semi-pro or online' and up.

k0ji-wd said:
i would guess that you'll be able to get the beginner ones, the ones that are unlocked 'in any match' but not the ones that are 'semi-pro or online' and up.
We can definitely do the beginner ones (we confirmed that), but we're not sure about the intermediate/advanced ones. There was a rumor on the FIFA forums that you could do them, but it's probably interweb nonsense.

k0ji-wd

I should add that some awesome shit happened:

we were 2-1 up at the 90 minute mark of a game and the other team had a player on the edge of the box, the GK rushed him but he passed the ball to his buddy before he got taken down, who then shot at the open net only for PEPE to slide tackle on the line and block it, we all started screaming and he got an accomplishment for it. too bad the game didn't think of it as a 'highlight' so we couldn't save it.

also in the last game we played, we were 2-0 down but came back to 2-1. i ran the ENTIRE length of the pitch and dribbled past like 7 dudes to score the equaliser in the 85th minute. we pressed for the win and won a corner, the header came off the bar, and the other team counter attacked and scored in injury time. fucking unbelievable.

Magicked

Club matches can be sooooo epic. I love it.

My pro is very slowly getting better. It takes a long time for many of the achievements. :(

Don't worry, k0ji. We'll be back to lower Ramen-U down to no stars sometime soon. :p
Magicked said:
My pro is very slowly getting better. It takes a long time for many of the achievements. :(
Defensive ones are taking me forever. Slide tackles in particular, but I don't dish them out as much as you do.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Defensive ones are a joke. This is why we need to hope beyond hope that cheesing is possible.

One thing I noticed was that when I made my dude an AMF playmaker, all his relevant stats went up except for like standing tackle which went from 55 to 45 (meh). So even if I play out on the sides, I'll still probably keep him as that.

I've been using CAM / Box-to-Box. It's a good mix of skills even though the tackling ratings are low. I get more turnovers by staying in passing lanes than tackling people so it doesn't bother me too much.

k0ji-wd

A few of us will be on in about 8 hours from now, we're currently number 1 in our division, let's do this shit!

we were thinking about doing a cup run in our form tonight but decided against it since the majority of you weren't with us. now that's team spirit :D

I can play some tonight. Hope to be home from work in about 8 hrs.

Btw, how many did you have last night and what were you playing as in terms of formation, ANY, etc....?

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:
A few of us will be on in about 8 hours from now, we're currently number 1 in our division, let's do this shit!

we were thinking about doing a cup run in our form tonight but decided against it since the majority of you weren't with us. now that's team spirit :D

Hell yea! I should be around tonight, although I definitely need to get some work done at some point...

k0ji-wd

Cornballer said:
I can play some tonight. Hope to be home from work in about 8 hrs.

Btw, how many did you have last night and what were you playing as in terms of formation, ANY, etc....?

4 of us, I was ANY. Played 5-2-1-2 exclusively, seemed to work great.

LiveWire

I need to get on some more games, I'll be on tonight. PEPE and me as Strikers should be guaranteed 2 goals per match.

Pepe is awesome up front. The other day his giant grandad did a jumping kung fu kick to try and score a goal - funniest thing I've seen in FIFA in a long time.

k0ji-wd

LiveWire said:
I need to get on some more games, I'll be on tonight. PEPE and me as Strikers should be guaranteed 2 goals per match.

you'll be sad to hear he's now shifted to being a defensive midfielder :( maybe i can convince him to come out retirement and dust off those shootin' boots.

Chriswok said:
Pepe is awesome up front. The other day his giant grandad did a jumping kung fu kick to try and score a goal - funniest thing I've seen in FIFA in a long time.

:lol that was fucking awesome, my mic nearly got destroyed by your uncontrollable laughter :lol

k0ji-wd

that seems to work for small team games with an ANY, not certain it matters much if there's a large squad. I think even having one player take control of the back four/five would work pretty well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
what i mean is if there are five backs and we have more than five on (which has been the case each time i've played) people will be forced to play cb

LiveWire

k0ji-wd said:
you'll be sad to hear he's now shifted to being a defensive midfielder :( maybe i can convince him to come out retirement and dust off those shootin' boots.

:( Well as long as I don't get shifted. I came to Ramen United to do two things. Score goals and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Chriswok said:
I enjoyed my few games at CB the other day before the lag totally ruined everything. I'll switch to CB :)
Yeah thankfully it's pretty easy. If we have like 7 or 8 people, a couple people can just jump out and switch their players to CB and come back. Only thing is that the defensive achievements are tough to get so I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a few people who are a bit buffed on that end. Would be . . . interesting . . . to see an all-human backline. I'm kind of surprised no one has tried out gk.

Yeah, I don't mind playing some centerback or wingback tonight if we have a ton of people on. I need to work through a few more defensive accomplishments, so it'd be worth it.

Magicked

I can do CB or WB as well. I actually have a decent amount of defense accomplishments already. Still need a lot more though (especially the world class level).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ok just played a game with meus and it appears you CAN get all accomplishments in online vs. i accidentally left my dude as gk and at the end of the match it gave me credit for 1/2 clean sheets in a row (gold) and some other silver and gold accomplishments.

that said . . . anyone want to join me for some stat-boosting? i think this would be particularly good for dribbling and defensive achievements, which are a huge bitch to get

AstroLad said:
that said . . . anyone want to join me for some stat-boosting? i think this would be particularly good for dribbling and defensive achievements, which are a huge bitch to get
2md5v76.jpg

I'll do it. I think we'll probably play a few Clubs matches when I get home since people are on this evening, but maybe we can do it later tonight or on the weekend.

I'll be on within the hour hopefully. I've been playing striker with my VP, but I can change to mid or if really needed cb. It will be fun tonight, a lot of us on.

So frustrating to not be able to get into games when we have a good group like this. :/

At least we have the crushing 6-2 win and a decent 1-1 draw so far.

k0ji-wd

Cornballer said:
So frustrating to not be able to get into games when we have a good group like this. :/

At least we have the crushing 6-2 win and a decent 1-1 draw so far.

Sorry guys couldn't get away from work in time, coming on now!

fuck guess was too late

Sorry about disconnecting out of a few games at the half tonight, I think I've fixed the problem.

The game was acting strange ever since I setup Custom Chants for my favorite team, despite me having all my "Sound & Chant" mp3 files ripped to my 360 I think it was still searching my network for all my music playlists even though I turned off file streaming on my PC.

I should be around this weekend for some games hope to get some more work in with my Fullback.

k0ji-wd

Good on everyone that came and played today, I shudder to think how awesome this will be if/once everything's fixed for good.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah that was a lot of fun. I love sitting on the wings and being a playmaker. So much more satisfying to put together a nice play against a good team in Clubs (as we did many times last night in that last game, although only one of them actually resulted in a goal) than even in 1v1 or ranked.

Probably won't have much chance to play this weekend since I have to give a presentation on Monday, but I'll definitely try to hop on at some point.

Menelaus

Banned
I wonder if it has to do with the fact that we have a pretty global team and it's struggling to determine the correct opponent to put us against geographically...

Top Bottom