• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Pinatas man. I started playing Blast Corps and I got to the hard levels and needed a brake. Loved Viva Pinata but never got trouble in paradise. Started it up and it now eats up all my time. Those games are so good.

Yuterald

So, is it possible, through the usage of cloud, to say, start playing the 360 games on an actual 360, upload the saves, and then download them to your xbox one and continue there and vice versa? I sort of prefer to still play games on their original hardware, so for most of the 360 games that are included, it would be cool to still be able to replay them on a 360 while being able to continue my process on the one. Is that how this works? I regret having sold my 360 collection years ago and making a new account. I had 1000 and such in both Kameo and Nuts and Bolts, although I wouldn't mind replaying them. It's very cool that a lot of these 360 games will see somewhat of a renewed community.

If your save is in the cloud (on X1 it will be without any fuss, on 360 you might have to set the new save path/move the file across) then yes, play it on whatever, same file.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So, is it possible, through the usage of cloud, to say, start playing the 360 games on an actual 360, upload the saves, and then download them to your xbox one and continue there and vice versa? I sort of prefer to still play games on their original hardware, so for most of the 360 games that are included, it would be cool to still be able to replay them on a 360 while being able to continue my process on the one. Is that how this works? I regret having sold my 360 collection years ago and making a new account. I had 1000 and such in both Kameo and Nuts and Bolts, although I wouldn't mind replaying them. It's very cool that a lot of these 360 games will see somewhat of a renewed community.

I'm pretty sure this works, yeah. When I started playing I didn't have my PD/BK/BT saves despite having finished them on 360. I went on the console, added them to my cloud and they work now. I haven't done the reverse from One -> 360 but I can't imagine it not working.

Remember to make a save file of each Banjo game before playing them to unlock all features.
Got 9 notes left in Rusty Bucket Bay. Fun replay!

I also agree RBB and CCW are terrible final worlds.

addyb

When the collection list was announced I hadn't heard of cobra triangle and then the moment I played it I was like shiiit I remember this. Great game.

Roto13

At least notes are saved now, on N64 they reset as soon as you left the level and on that level and many later ones it was tedious
Ha, that was my favourite level. Who gets game overs?
Remember to make a save file of each Banjo game before playing them to unlock all features.
Got 9 notes left in Rusty Bucket Bay. Fun replay!

I also agree RBB and CCW are terrible final worlds.
What features? I'm almost done 1 and haven't touched the other 2.

Jawmuncher

I haven't had this much fun collecting achievements in awhile. They're just the right difficulty. Plus unlocking behind the scenes stuff along with seeing your rank go up is fun. Right now I'm at enthusiast.

A forum member was kind enough to give me a download code for Rare Replay last night. I've got a beta to install and MGS V and then all 30 games of this should be a fun day.

I have never played any of Rare's games besides Donkey Kong Country and GoldenEye, and since neither of those are included where should I start?

Kama_1082

Banned
A forum member was kind enough to give me a download code for Rare Replay last night. I've got a beta to install and MGS V and then all 30 games of this should be a fun day.

I have never played any of Rare's games besides Donkey Kong Country and GoldenEye, and since neither of those are included where should I start?
Battletoads!

Perfect Dark 64. I never thought that something could be better than GoldenEye until I played it.

BKSmash

Banjo Kazooie. Go through the trilogy, mate!

Kinsei

Banned

Perfect Dark is similar to Goldeneye. The Banjo games are fantastic. Conker is great fun. Pinata is absolutely amazing. You could also work your way through chronologically.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks, I'll check both of those out as soon as I start.

What type of game is Banjo? My wife saw it in my queue and said it looked like a Crash Bandicoot type game. Is it similar? Just curious because if it is I know I'll have to hide it from her.

It's a 3D platformer similar to Mario 64 and the PS1 Spyro games. The third Banjo game in the collection is a car building/racing/adventure game.

JonnyKong

Jesus christ, the bit after the Great Mighty Poo where you have to swim through the spinning blades is one of THE most irritating moments I've ever played in a game, it's nearly making me just give up on the game altogether. I just can't handle the awkward controls and camera angles for much longer. /grumpy

Roto13

Thanks, I'll check both of those out as soon as I start.

What type of game is Banjo? My wife saw it in my queue and said it looked like a Crash Bandicoot type game. Is it similar? Just curious because if it is I know I'll have to hide it from her.
It's more like Mario 64 than Crash Bandicoot. Open levels and hunting doohickies.

It's a 3D platformer similar to Mario 64 and the PS1 Spyro games. The third Banjo game in the collection is a car building/racing/adventure game.

It's more like Mario 64 than Crash Bandicoot. Open levels and hunting doohickies.

I appreciate the replys. I've played a bit of Mario 64 so I've got a good idea of what it'll be like now. Still may have to hide it from the wife though.

And a car building/racing/adventure hybrid sounds kind of cool. Ill check that out as well.

Edit: Doohickies gave me a nice laugh.

Can someone explain to me if the third prion of RC proam is even beatable. I'm no slouch at this game.. I did all the snapshots and got all the milestones except one... can't get past the third portion unless I just cheese the replay feature and use my missles but when I run out of missles I'm done. I'm getting lapped otherwise...

MrGerbils

The rewind, save states, and infinite lives for the classic games are such a smart addition, and I'm sor glad that using them doesn't prevent you from earning the achievements.

As a dad in my 30s I wouldn't be able to revisit and really appreciate some of these games without them. I just don't have the time to dedicate to mastering each title anymore but I'm glad to still have the opportunity to revisit all the content anyway.

Even with it, RC Pro AM and Battletoads are still kicking my ass haha.

Cleve

Just picked this up last night. Holy shit grabbed by the ghoulies looks fantastic on this. I wish some of the other titles had gotten that kind of love.

Xemnas89

I'm so envious of you right now lol. Hope you enjoy.

I've finished Conkers bad fur day.

Oh man those Shooting controls are atrocious. No idea how I even finished the game. That beach section at the end with the bazooka was ridiculous.

Cindro

Perfect Dark is my new waifu. This game is just so unbelievably rad - I want to abscond with it to a remote island and never worry about the outside world again.

I've finished Conkers bad fur day.

Oh man those Shooting controls are atrocious. No idea how I even finished the game. That beach section at the end with the bazooka was ridiculous.
The entire War section was my least favorite in the game - attempting precise platforming to get through the lasers, the slow animation to take out your gun when getting ambushed by Tediz, and yes - the worst of them all, the beach escape. I tried that part for almost an hour before I said "screw it, I wonder if I can just run and jump my way across and get lucky enough to dodge these one hit rocket kills?". Sure enough, my second time attempting that method I escaped. It was a real sour note though for the game's penultimate chapter.

Perfect Dark is my new waifu. This game is just so unbelievably rad - I want to abscond with it to a remote island and never worry about the outside world again.

The entire War section was my least favorite in the game - attempting precise platforming to get through the lasers, the slow animation to take out your gun when getting ambushed by Tediz, and yes - the worst of them all, the beach escape. I tried that part for almost an hour before I said "screw it, I wonder if I can just run and jump my way across and get lucky enough to dodge these one hit rocket kills?". Sure enough, my second time attempting that method I escaped. It was a real sour note though for the game's penultimate chapter.
Yeah it was a pain in the ass alright. I played Live and Reloaded (original Xbox port) back in the day and don't remember it being this tedious?

Enjoyed the game overall though, even if the controls haven't aged very well.

Xemnas89

Yeah it was a pain in the ass alright. I played Live and Reloaded (original Xbox port) back in the day and don't remember it being this tedious?

Pretty sure they made improvements to those sections. One of the reasons why I would've preferred to have live and reloaded instead but oh well.

Kinsei

Banned
Fuck the final boss of Snake Rattle and Roll. Oh, you stopped hitting it for a second? It's no regained all of it's health.

RK128

From what I remember hearing about the Xbox port, that version of Conker got improved camera and aiming controls (you press the B buttons when standing still, you go into 'attack' mode, where the bumpers manage your attacks).

Outside of the drastically improved visuals (Live and Reloaded might as well be a 360 game with how beautiful it looked :'). Honestly surprised it didn't make the jump to the 360 like Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo did....) and refined controls, its was the same game as the N64 original despite some sections of the game being cut and the game being more censored (ironically given that it is largely un-censored on the N64).

The only reasons I could understand why that version of Conker wasn't part of Rare Replay was due to it requiring a port to the X1 (like GbtG did with 1080p/60FPS) and/or that the Xbox verison lacked elements from the N64 version (the creative MP modes, it being un-censored, having content that was cut on the Xbox version).

I do expect Live and Reloaded alongside a few GBA/GB games from Rare (Banjo Grunty's Revenge, Banjo-Pilot, Sabur-Man, Conker's Pocket Tales, GB/GBC Battletoads, ect) to be future DLC for Rare Replay, so that should be nice :D.

Pretty sure they made improvements to those sections. One of the reasons why I would've preferred to have live and reloaded instead but oh well.
Yeah I was definitely disappointed they didn't include that version.

Huge missed opportunity not including it if only for the Xbox Live multiplayer. I played the shit out of that back when

Xemnas89

From what I remember hearing about the Xbox port, that version of Conker got improved camera and aiming controls (you press the B buttons when standing still, you go into 'attack' mode, where the bumpers manage your attacks).

Outside of the drastically improved visuals (Live and Reloaded might as well be a 360 game with how beautiful it looked :'). Honestly surprised it didn't make the jump to the 360 like Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo did....) and refined controls, its was the same game as the N64 original despite some sections of the game being cut and the game being more censored (ironically given that it is largely un-censored on the N64).

The only reasons I could understand why that version of Conker wasn't part of Rare Replay was due to it requiring a port to the X1 (like GbtG did with 1080p/60FPS) and/or that the Xbox verison lacked elements from the N64 version (the creative MP modes, it being un-censored, having content that was cut on the Xbox version).

I do expect Live and Reloaded alongside a few GBA/GB games from Rare (Banjo Grunty's Revenge, Banjo-Pilot, Sabur-Man, Conker's Pocket Tales, GB/GBC Battletoads, ect) to be future DLC for Rare Replay, so that should be nice :D.

Whenever I finally get this game one thing I'm interested in is seeing the differences between the 64 and xbox versions. I only played live and reloaded so I'm interested in seeing what sections were cut out that I didn't get to experience.

I'm really hoping live and reloaded is dlc later down the line as I think it'll look gorgeous in 1080p.

JonnyKong

I've given up on Conker. Like, I just can't, I can't tolerate the controls, camera and difficulty anymore.

I might attempt a few more snapshots and then move onto Ghoulies.

RK128

Whenever I finally get this game one thing I'm interested in is seeing the differences between the 64 and xbox versions. I only played live and reloaded so I'm interested in seeing what sections were cut out that I didn't get to experience.

I'm really hoping live and reloaded is dlc later down the line as I think it'll look gorgeous in 1080p.

The moment they said they are considering adding future games as DLC, Live and Reloaded was the first one to pop up in my head.

Great complement to the original Conker and its differences (unique MP mode, improved controls, visuals, ect) are more then enough to justify it being in Rare Replay alongside Rare's other games.

Its also a huge part of Rare's history, as their Xbox run was very short not having many games :(.
-GbtG (2003)
-Conker Live and Reloaded (2005)
-Saburman Stamped (Scrapped :'(; Re-built Donkey Kong Racing with elements from Banjo and Conker)
-Banjo X/Zoomie/3 (Scrapped :'(; Banjo games that was a original platformer and a racing game concept mirroring elements from Nuts and Bolts)
-Kameo (moved to the 360 for its 2005 launch; largely the same from its GameCube/Xbox roots but playing with the stronger hardware of the 360 for some levels)
-Perfect Dark Zero (moved to the 360 for its 2005 launch; changed its art-style during its Xbox too 360 transition)
-Various Rare GBA games (GBA ports of the Country series, Banjo spin offs, Sabur-Man game, Mr. Pants Puzzle game, ect).

RK128

I found the Wiki page of the Live and Reloaded that covers all the changes from the original in the remake :).

Link: http://conker.wikia.com/wiki/Conker:_Live_&_Reloaded

Neverism

Bosskey Productions
Walked into my local Best Buy this morning on a mission to grab this game. It was nowhere to be found. Not even an empty space, they seemingly didn't even bother to stock it.

Ended up buying Sunset Overdrive and State of Decay instead. Really, really wanted to play Blast Corps today.

Will Amazon dat shit ASAP!

Clockwork

Walked into my local Best Buy this morning on a mission to grab this game. It was nowhere to be found. Not even an empty space, they seemingly didn't even bother to stock it.

Ended up buying Sunset Overdrive and State of Decay instead. Really, really wanted to play Blast Corps today.

I encountered the same thing at Best Buy.

To be honest, although I hate the store I end up buying most of my games at Wal-Mart (including this one).

At my Best Buy they didn't have a spot for it in the usual games section but they had all their copies up front in their New Releases stand-up (they do movies and games in there now at mine).

i will be starting battletoads later today. I have seen mentioned in numerous other places that level 11 is ridiculously hard because rewind doesnt work, is this true? I have never seen it mentioned here. People else where saying they have been trying to beat it for 3+ hours

Defect

i will be starting battletoads later today. I have seen mentioned in numerous other places that level 11 is ridiculously hard because rewind doesnt work, is this true? I have never seen it mentioned here. People else where saying they have been trying to beat it for 3+ hours
If Level 11 is Clinger Winger then it's easy with rewind.

Top Bottom