• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Eanan

How do you save in Conkers BFD? Ive been playing for a while now and have had no save points but want to quit and not lose progress.

If Level 11 is Clinger Winger then it's easy with rewind.

ive actually never played it before...I read something about having to catch a ball. And the ball doesnt rewind properly

This is on the guide on trueachievements

"So I tried about 2-3 hours, rewind doesn't work on this level cause chasing ball is bugged and when you do it ball doesnt rewind proper. It can be closer than earlier before rewind."

Eanan

the game autosaves

Ah I see, thanks.

Also, I may be remembering wrong, but I heard that acheivements for XBL/X360 games like Kameo will automatically unlock if you've already achieved them before on the 360 or am I imagining this?

If so, what do you do to get them to unlock?

addyb

Not too sure what to play tonight. Do I carry on with my BK playthrough or start perfect dark or nuts n bolts? So many choices :)

Lothar

Banned
i will be starting battletoads later today. I have seen mentioned in numerous other places that level 11 is ridiculously hard because rewind doesnt work, is this true? I have never seen it mentioned here. People else where saying they have been trying to beat it for 3+ hours

Don't use rewind or any other cheats. The game will seriously be better if you get good at it. You'll appreciate it more. If you never get good and finish it by just dying over and over, you'll end up thinking it's a bad game and impossible. When really it's just impossible to beat on your first time playing it.

cyress8

Banned
Quick question, the online portion for Perfect Dark functioning correctly? I was addicted to it back in the day and would love to try it online. Perfect Dark MP was glorious.

Neverism

Bosskey Productions
At my Best Buy they didn't have a spot for it in the usual games section but they had all their copies up front in their New Releases stand-up (they do movies and games in there now at mine).

I checked that spot when I first walked in and saw a golf game, Batman: AK and Witcher 3. I even asked an employee who was organizing the game section and he didn't know what I was talking about.

Not a big deal, I'll get it soon enough!

Defect

ive actually never played it before...I read something about having to catch a ball. And the ball doesnt rewind properly

"So I tried about 2-3 hours, rewind doesn't work on this level cause chasing ball is bugged and when you do it ball doesnt rewind proper. It can be closer than earlier before rewind."
Rare Replay is the first time I played Battletoads and I had a little trouble on the level but once I started using rewind every time I slowed down from a corner, the ball never caught up.

I found the Wiki page of the Live and Reloaded that covers all the changes from the original in the remake :).

Link: http://conker.wikia.com/wiki/Conker:_Live_&_Reloaded
Does anybody know what everybody's issue with the game was? Was it just the censorship? Because just off the top of my head, the other changes they made were actually good. The Tediz look damn good in Live and Reloaded.

I think I remember somebody complaining about how Conker obtains his first weapon in one version of the game versus the other? But playing Bad Fur Day, Conker just kind of walks into the room with the key, and realizes there was a weapon in his pocket all along? So in Bad Fur Day he unlocks and enters that room for absolutely no reason at all, whereas in Live and Reloaded, that's where he obtains his weapon. Also introduces you to the combat in that very same room, rather than the single key chase.

Havoc2049

I've finished Conkers bad fur day.

Oh man those Shooting controls are atrocious. No idea how I even finished the game. That beach section at the end with the bazooka was ridiculous.

Too bad. That was my favorite level in Live and Reloaded.

wp_ss_20150808_0002_zpsb374c29e.jpg

RK128

Does anybody know what everybody's issue with the game was? Was it just the censorship? Because just off the top of my head, the other changes they made were actually good. The Tediz look damn good in Live and Reloaded.

I think I remember somebody complaining about how Conker obtains his first weapon in one version of the game versus the other? But playing Bad Fur Day, Conker just kind of walks into the room with the key, and realizes there was a weapon in his pocket all along? So in Bad Fur Day he unlocks and enters that room for absolutely no reason at all, whereas in Live and Reloaded, that's where he obtains his weapon. Also introduces you to the combat in that very same room, rather than the single key chase.

I think it was the censorship and the new MP modes being the big ones. From what I saw online, the Xbox version looks amazing and if Rare made some edits to that version to restore the original version's un-censored elements, I would have loved Live and Reloaded in Rare Replay :D!.

Lothar

Banned

The visual style was very bad for Live and Reloaded I thought. Conker doesn't look cute anymore. That was a huge part of the game's humor. Cute Banjo-Kazooie looking characters doing and saying fucked up things.

I think it was the censorship and the new MP modes being the big ones. From what I saw online, the Xbox version looks amazing and if Rare made some edits to that version to restore the original version's un-censored elements, I would have loved Live and Reloaded in Rare Replay :D!.
Ahh... The censorship could definitely be resolved this time around, and I loved the multiplayer. Never had Original Xbox Live, but playing against bots was a blast.

The visual style was very bad for Live and Reloaded I thought. Conker doesn't look cute anymore. That was a huge part of the game's humor. Cute Banjo-Kazooie looking characters doing and saying fucked up things.
I've never heard this before. I thought people just had an issue with Conker wearing pants. Live and Reloaded's graphics are probably the most impressive from that generation. Also, does he not look cute because he's more detailed and has hair?

Rewind alone wasn't enough for me. I had to use the pause buffering trick to beat the level.

Lothar

Banned
Ahh... The censorship could definitely be resolved this time around, and I loved the multiplayer. Never had Original Xbox Live, but playing against bots was a blast.

I've never heard this before. I thought people just had an issue with Conker wearing pants. Live and Reloaded's graphics are probably the most impressive from that generation. Also, does he not look cute because he's more detailed and has hair?

I'm surprised you haven't heard it before. He's ugly now.
QkbHHT8.png
VPikUf4.png

The moment they said they are considering adding future games as DLC, Live and Reloaded was the first one to pop up in my head.

Great complement to the original Conker and its differences (unique MP mode, improved controls, visuals, ect) are more then enough to justify it being in Rare Replay alongside Rare's other games.

Its also a huge part of Rare's history, as their Xbox run was very short not having many games :(.
-GbtG (2003)
-Conker Live and Reloaded (2005)
-Saburman Stamped (Scrapped :'(; Re-built Donkey Kong Racing with elements from Banjo and Conker)
-Banjo X/Zoomie/3 (Scrapped :'(; Banjo games that was a original platformer and a racing game concept mirroring elements from Nuts and Bolts)
-Kameo (moved to the 360 for its 2005 launch; largely the same from its GameCube/Xbox roots but playing with the stronger hardware of the 360 for some levels)
-Perfect Dark Zero (moved to the 360 for its 2005 launch; changed its art-style during its Xbox too 360 transition)
-Various Rare GBA games (GBA ports of the Country series, Banjo spin offs, Sabur-Man game, Mr. Pants Puzzle game, ect).

It would probably need to get the same treatment as Grabbed By The Ghoulies and be a full port job to the XBox One.

There's no way they're writing an original xbox emulator for just one game. It's too difficult.

I want them to add:
NES
Wizards & Warriors
Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road
Cabal
Super Glove Ball (optional kinect controls? lol)
Wizards & Warriors III: Kuros: Visions of Power
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat
Battletoads Double Dragon

SNES
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Killer Instinct

GENESIS
Championship Pro Am
Battletoads

Arcade
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2

GBA
SabreWulf
It's Mr. Pants
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge

I'd pay for all of these as DLC

Roto13

Died right at the end of the final phase of the final boss in Banjo-Kazooie and had to start the whole stupid thing over. Augh.

RK128

It would probably need to get the same treatment as Grabbed By The Ghoulies and be a full port job to the XBox One.

There's no way they're writing an original xbox emulator for just one game. It's too difficult.

I want them to add:
NES
Wizards & Warriors
Ironsword: Wizards & Warriors II
Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road
Cabal
Super Glove Ball (optional kinect controls? lol)
Wizards & Warriors III: Kuros: Visions of Power
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat

SNES
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Killer Instinct

GENESIS
Championship Pro Am
Battletoads

Arcade
Killer Instinct
Killer Instinct 2

GBA
SabreWulf
It's Mr. Pants
Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge

I'd pay for all of these as DLC

I would think that Rare would use the tools they used in bringing GbtG to the X1 to bring Conker Live and Reloaded to the X1; they might as well re-use existing tools :). The tricky thing would be porting over the MP online features to the X1 but that type of porting isn't unrealistic; Ratchet 3 and Dreadlock both got their online features restored when remastered to the PS3 :).

The other NES, SNES and Arcade games would be great choices to bring over to Rare Replay as a DLC add-on, with Conker Live and Reloaded being the 'big' game of the deal.

I would love for Rare's unfinished Xbox games/prototypes make it in as well but that isn't likely :(.

I would think that Rare would use the tools they used in bringing GbtG to the X1 to bring Conker Live and Reloaded to the X1; they might as well re-use existing tools :). The tricky thing would be porting over the MP online features to the X1 but that type of porting isn't unrealistic; Ratchet 3 and Dreadlock both got their online features restored when remastered to the PS3 :).

The other NES, SNES and Arcade games would be great choices to bring over to Rare Replay as a DLC add-on, with Conker Live and Reloaded being the 'big' game of the deal.

I would love for Rare's unfinished Xbox games/prototypes make it in as well but that isn't likely :(.

I don't know how much would transfer over because GBTG looks like a genuine port to xbox one. It doesn't seem to be emulating the system like the N64 games are.

RK128

I don't know how much would transfer over because GBTG looks like a genuine port to xbox one. It doesn't seem to be emulating the system like the N64 games are.

That is what I was talking about; using the tools they used in porting over GBTG to the X1 in porting over Live and Reloaded to the X1 :). Sorry if my wording wasn't clear :(.

Kinsei

Banned
Just a heads up, if you hate Solar Jetman you can get every milestone without beating a single level.

Go to the password screen and set every letter to Q to get the milestone for assembling the golden ship and wait for the bonus it drops you in to end to get 33% of the milestone for using every jetpod.

Now start a new game and enter this password: ZQHQQQQQDMNB to get another 33% towards the milestone for using every jetpod.

Finally start a new game and just go to the first level. This will get you the final 33% towards the jetpod milestone and then all you have to do is get an item and bring it back to your base. Right before you get there save and then just keep reloading to get the milestone for collecting 50 items.

RK128

I know this is a game Disney owns the rights too, but maybe Mickey's Speedway USA 64 and GBC could be added to Rare Replay in the future?

Considering Diddy Kong Racing is off the table and the fact Disney is making more games with Disney IP (Ducktails and Castle of Illusion HD in 2013 from Capcom and Sega, Disney Infinity for a few years now, ect), I wonder if Disney could let Microsoft and Rare put this as future DLC for the collection :)?

Don't use rewind or any other cheats. The game will seriously be better if you get good at it. You'll appreciate it more. If you never get good and finish it by just dying over and over, you'll end up thinking it's a bad game and impossible. When really it's just impossible to beat on your first time playing it.

No one has the time to learn a game like Battletoads nowadays. Especially not when there are plenty of other much better games in this collection.

Xieldos

Just a heads up, if you hate Solar Jetman you can get every milestone without beating a single level.

Go to the password screen and set every letter to Q to get the milestone for assembling the golden ship and wait for the bonus it drops you in to end to get 33% of the milestone for using every jetpod.

Now start a new game and enter this password: ZQHQQQQQDMNB to get another 33% towards the milestone for using every jetpod.

Finally start a new game and just go to the first level. This will get you the final 33% towards the jetpod milestone and then all you have to do is get an item and bring it back to your base. Right before you get there save and then just keep reloading to get the milestone for collecting 50 items.

I'm probably missing something really obvious....but where do we put these passwords in?

Roto13

Think I'm just going to skip the last boss of Banjo-Kazooie. It's not well designed. Especially the last couple of phases where you have to turn the camera away from the boss so you can aim at the statues, meaning you can't dodge her projectiles. That's crap.

RK128

So does everyone playing this know that nuts and bolts is the best game there yet?

It is the perfect Lego box XD! You can build mechs, robots and all kinds of contraptions through exploration of the world and completing missions.

While it isn't a 'true' Banjo game (playing like the N64 games), it takes the most rewarding element from the N64 games (collecting things) and gives you limitless creative freedom from exploring the world :).

Not the strongest game ever made but it is very rewarding if you can dive into the game and have fun :D.

Korosenai

I've never played banjo, conker, or battletoads before. I also have a lot of nostalgia for perfect dark zero and viva pinata... This collection has been amazing so far.

Cindro

Perfect Dark complete, with 6/10 milestone stamps gathered. Fantastic game - I'll probably end up revisiting it at some point for additional milestones (including a Special Agent run - though I have no interest in ever touching Perfect Agent), but I've gotten my fill of it for now.

Rare Replay continues to be the most based thing of this entire gen

daTRUballin

Perfect Dark complete, with 6/10 milestone stamps gathered. Fantastic game - I'll probably end up revisiting it at some point for additional milestones (including a Special Agent run - though I have no interest in ever touching Perfect Agent), but I've gotten my fill of it for now.

The cool thing about Goldeneye and Perfect Dark is that you unlock cheats when you do certain challenges or beat the games on a certain difficulty. It's very fun to just mess around with the cheats once you unlock them. I still do that when I play one of those games on my n64 these days. The replay value is amazing. :p

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Why didn't I play Blast Corps as a kid?! I would've loved this!

For anyone having trouble with Conker's Bad Fur Day, try entering EASY or VERYEASY in the cheat menu. It will reduce enemy accuracy and apparently making the controls easier; whatever that means.

Also, BOVRILBULLETHOLE will give you 50 lives.

RK128

Yes, by far

One of the most inventive games ever, Nintendo themselves would be proud to have thought this up

Nintendo is so proud of the game that they let 8-Bit Mario pop up in one of the games trailers XD!

mario-in-banjo-3-490.jpg

To be serious, I agree with you :). The game mirrors Mario Maker; letting you build the game you want to make and tackle challenges and the like however you want to face them :).

Varg

Banned
Any word on an upcoming patch to fix the framerate issues in some games (most noticeably nuts and bolts)? I loved nuts and bolts on the 360 and would love to go for all of the acheivements this time around. The videos with the horrendous frame rate has me weary though.

Parsnip

Wow. Knight Lore looks so much like Solstice it's kind of ridiculous, if I didn't know any better I would have thought they were made by the same people.

And Underwurlde is basically a Wizards and Warriors prototype, and the way the Sabre Wulf guy swings his sword is very similar to how Kuros does in W&W.
It's super fascinating to see these earlier games.

RK128

Any word on an upcoming patch to fix the framerate issues in some games (most noticeably nuts and bolts)? I loved nuts and bolts on the 360 and would love to go for all of the acheivements this time around. The videos with the horrendous frame rate has me weary though.

From what I saw of the game running on X1 online, the game has the bad slow-down issues and frame-rate problems in Showdown Town only and the rest of the game runs about the same as it did on the 360.

Also consider that not only is the 360 BC Emulator is still very early (so some games will have issues; Mass Effect 1 runs badly with the 360 BC Emulator) but consider the fact that Nuts & Bolts is a latter 360 game (so it is more intensive on the 360 BC Emulator then Kameo, the XBLA Remakes, Viva Pinata games and Perfect Dark Zero). '

Its a case of a patch making things better but in the long run, this fall when offical BC with 360 games rolls out, the game will get ALOT better performance wise thanks to the 360 Emulator coming further along :).

are the snapshots for this game hard? Its the next one im doing after battletoads

I'm so glad more people are finding nuts and bolts, one of my favorite 360 exclusices personally, I mustve played it for like 4 hours straight before work today, only 30 more jiggies til I can get into spiral mountain!

FyreWulff

You really should give Perfect Dark a run on Perfect Agent at least once. It's basically a completely different game than what you play on Agent or Special Agent.

Top Bottom