• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay |OT| Jetpacks and Googly Eyes, Here We Come

Anyways on topic, been playing Banjo-Tooie. I forgot how much backtracking you have to do. Makes my OCD gaming habits go nuts. Like in world 2 you need a power-up from world 5.

This is driving me crazy. I don't know how I had gotten 100% completion when I was a kid... these levels are huge and I really don't have the patience anymore to hunt down every last collectible only to find out that I literally can't get to it until I get further in the game.

That said, I still love the way the levels are so interconnected. It makes it feel like one gigantic, fully realized world. It blew my mind as a kid when I was able to take the train from one level to another.

Drago

lol, just noticed that the Milestone for completing 20 QTEs in Grabbed by the Ghoulies is called "The Future of Gaming". :p

crpav

Started up Battletoads which I was most excited to play. Set it to infinit lives and started a game. Rewind and infinite lives sure help with this game but I am not happy with a glitch I encountered at the end of the rat race stage. I have to start my game over because of it.

I struggled and struggled to beat the rat on the final rat race part and finally got to the bomb before the rat. I knocked it out and the boss never dropped. I waited and waited and nothing. Just endless loop of music. I tried to rewind but since that only rewinds so far it didn't help. Can't reload an earlier save or restart level so have to restart the whole game.

At long fucking last my copy has finally arrived, and I'll be playing this bad boy as soon as I get out of work. Sorry if it has been answered many times before, but has Blast Corps been fixed? It's not crashing anymore?

I do hope for a quick install, with the patches and everything MCC took fucking forever until I got to play. So hyped!

Almost completed all the snapshots now. Any tips on Solar Jetman - I'm stuck on the snapshot where you have to move the three fuel pods to the ship, my ship takes forever to fly up to the main ship. What's the best way to do the snapshot?

RK128

So, who wants to read a dumb article? Gather round, because someone thinks Rare Replay "should definitely make its way to the PS4".

http://www.bidnessetc.com/49360-should-microsoft-rare-replay-be-offered-on-sony-playstation-4/

Who let this loose on the internet? Apparently all the games were originally on the Nintendo 64!

XD!

The person who wrote that DOES realize that Rare is a Microsoft owned studio, right? It would be impossible for them to release the collection on PlayStation consoles due to the legal and cooperate issues that would be linked to it.

If anything, Nintendo would be more likely to get Rare Replay (the Spectrum-N64 era games at least) if they worked something out with Microsoft if they really wanted it on the Wii U/NX (and even though the Xbox/360 games would be missing, they can be 'replaced' with the DKC series, DK64, Starfox Adventures and more of Rare's NES/SNES line-up).

And even that isn't likely as Nintendo doesn't like working with Microsoft regarding Rare (they refused to let the 360 XBLA remake of Goldeneye coming out for reasons).

....They did work with Rare on some stuff through on the GBA (DKC ports) and DS (Diddy Kong Racing DS), so who knows :l.

Azzawon

The person who wrote that DOES realize that Rare is a Microsoft owned studio, right?

I honestly don't think they do. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at some of the things in the article because it's so dumb.

Edit: after looking through some of the author's other articles on the gaming industry I think it's safe to say he's pretty clueless.

Oh shit, Grabbed by the ghoulies looks amazing. This game is 12 years old? What the fuck?
Seriously, if this would be a WiiU game it would get praised for it's style and quality (this is a compliment, lol). Unbelievable.

Banjo Kazooie is just, simpky put, sheer fun. I am hooked on it for now.

Do you guys think this is one of their best games?

I have never really felt like I wanted another Banjo game but I must be nuts because BK is amazing. It still holds up incredibly well

Conker on xbox obliterates ghoulies visually, pretty amazing.

Conker is truly amazing. I don't know how they pulled off these visuals

Xemnas89

Conker on xbox obliterates ghoulies visually, pretty amazing.

I love playing the 64 version of conker but I wish Live and Reloaded was an option. I don't even care if they bring the multiplayer over I just want the main game. It looks amazing and if it had the same work put into it that Ghoulies had it would look even better.

Kinsei

Banned
Whose bright idea was it to put mini-games and race courses in Blast Corps? The main game is fun but these levels are shit so far. I guess I won;t be getting all the platinums if I have to do these levels.

Ein Bear

Is there no way to get your Perfect Dark Zero save from your 360? I've uploaded all my other saves into cloud storage, but it won't let me do it for PD0.

Pez

Banjo Kazooie is just, simpky put, sheer fun. I am hooked on it for now.

Do you guys think this is one of their best games?

It's been fun, I'm on the last world now and have been collecting everything as I progress.

Definitely looking forward to taking a break from Banjo to try some of the other titles more thoroughly. Nice to think I still have Banjo-Tooie after this! So glad I didn't buy these back when they originally came out on Xbox Live. =)

Pez

I never realized this with Rare, but the Nintendo 64 era is where the majority of their classics come from in this collection.

It's great MS was able to grab publish the ones they could for this collection. I'm hoping the GoldenEye remake they did a few years ago will be BC with the One.

It's not the original GoldenEye, but about as close as we can get.

Bsigg12

Really now? They sure look like Atari games. The first few games up until 1990. Wish they showed the original console (don't know if that's in the help screen because help has never worked for me)

We're just giving you a hard time. They're ZX Spectrum games.

Xemnas89

Alright so I'm playing conker and I'm up to a point where I need $1000 to progress but only have 900. The only money I've seen that I don't have is in the starting section locked up behind a waterfall. Is there any other money that's most people miss or do I need to get the money from the starting area?

Alright so I'm playing conker and I'm up to a point where I need $1000 to progress but only have 900. The only money I've seen that I don't have is in the starting section locked up behind a waterfall. Is there any other money that's most people miss or do I need to get the money from the starting area?
That is the caveman area right? Before that you can do the poo quests, the catfish quest, or the sunflower/barn section.
I had like $1500 when I got to that section.

Also if there is a section you are tired of, you can use WELDERSBENCH as a cheat to skip to any chapter.

Xemnas89

That is the caveman area right? Before that you can do the poo quests, the catfish quest, or the sunflower/barn section.
I had like $1500 when I got to that section.

Also if there is a section you are tired of, you can use WELDERSBENCH as a cheat to skip to any chapter.

I've done the poo and barn quests but have no idea where the catfish are.

Tadale

I started playing through Banjo-Kazooie again, really my first time since 1998 or 1999. I'm impressed by how much I've been enjoying it and how much I remember.

I've done the poo and barn quests but have no idea where the catfish are.
The water filled area of poo mountain. You need a poo ball to get rid of the pests blocking the way.
You get about $400 for the quest so it should be enough for you to move on.

Be prepared for terrible water level though...

Top Bottom