• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault |OT| The Skinemax of MOBAs

Camjo-Z

Finally finished the last two campaign levels thanks to my newly upgraded Level 5 weapons and headed online... played an awesome match 2v2 so I went in for another, but somehow all of my team's generators got destroyed in the first phase within a minute (the part where you're getting nodes.) Maybe I'm missing something, but is that supposed to be able to happen so quickly?

8byte

Banned
Finally finished the last two campaign levels thanks to my newly upgraded Level 5 weapons and headed online... played an awesome match 2v2 so I went in for another, but somehow all of my team's generators got destroyed in the first phase within a minute (the part where you're getting nodes.) Maybe I'm missing something, but is that supposed to be able to happen so quickly?

Your team mate quit the match.

8byte

Banned
New map / patch isn't out yet, but I'm patiently waiting. Until then, Skidd over at Insomniacgames.com community made what is, quite possibly, the best Ratchet & Clank fan art...ever.
iVzSl1LEfLKIN.jpg
Original Post.

Really awesome stuff.

Toppot

New map / patch isn't out yet, but I'm patiently waiting. Until then, Skidd over at Insomniacgames.com community made what is, quite possibly, the best Ratchet & Clank fan art...ever.

Original Post.

Really awesome stuff.

He does such amazing artwork, style is very similar to those of Creaturebox that do Insomniacs concept art. He once did a rough sketch for me of Ratchet as Kratos, and I still love it.

If anybody is curious you can see his work on deviant art. He's also a gaffer *waves*

8byte

Banned
He does such amazing artwork, style is very similar to those of Creaturebox that do Insomniacs concept art. He once did a rough sketch for me of Ratchet as Kratos, and I still love it.

If anybody is curious you can see his work on deviant art. He's also a gaffer *waves*

Such an incredibly talented guy. Didn't realize he was on GAF! Cool beans.

Toppot

Game delayed till Spring 2013

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/02/07/ratchet-clank-qforce-ps-vita-update/
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...ontal-assault-for-ps-vita-coming-this-spring/

US get Ratchet Deadlocked (Whenever that comes out =P) and EU get Motorstorm RC... Which is a cheap game, already on sale. I mean, at least give us the Complete Edition with all the DLC. Better than nothing but man, not great.

I mostly feel sorry for Insomniac, getting messed around by Sony so much and Tin Giant clearly not delivering on what they said they would. Game will get released in the middle of nowhere and unless advertised will be sent out to die pretty much... Awful situation all round for everyone =/

Still, if Tine Giant are porting the engine, maybe we will get some older R&C or even Resistance games on Vita.

8byte

Banned
I'm cool with that. I'm more irritated at this point that a very huge patch for the game containing some content, balance tweaks, and very necessary adjustment to other areas of the game (matchmaking lobbies and EXP system) has been with them (Sony) over a week!! I've never seen a patch sit so long with Sony for certification before being launched. Absurd! Poor Insomniac. :(

Camjo-Z

Oh nice, I wasn't too bothered that Ratchet Vita wasn't out yet but getting Deadlocked for free is always welcome. Only PS2 Ratchet game I've never played.

8byte

Banned
Looks like I spoke too soon. The patch is being deployed today. New maps, possibly new skins, and new tweaks to the Multiplayer! GET PUMPED!

Here's a refresher for those that missed the patch notes:

Hey everyone,

We are excited to announce that Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Ratchet & Clank: QForce in some territories) will be receiving software update 1.04 very soon. We wanted to touch on exactly what you can expect with this patch first.

Coordinates for Planet Kerwan have been added, enjoy facing off against other players in the classic Ratchet & Clank city of Metropolis.
GrummelNet has modified several weapons and defenses in response to user feedback.
Universal
The Warmonger’s rockets have been reduced from five to three.
Turrets purchased at your base have been reinforced slightly.
The Melee Perk had its damage increased slightly.
Thundersmacks are no longer as resilient against attacks.
Cadets can now only carry two Dopplebangers at the start of a match.
Dopplebangers are now more susceptible to damage.
The Electro Barricade can no longer withstand as much damage as the Heavy Barricade.
Planet Ebaro
A Missile Minion has been spotted around node seven. Proceed with caution when landing on the planet.
The Grungarian Soldiers have had a shift change with some Grungarian Brawlers around node one.
QForce deserters have had their penalty greatly increased. (If you’re losing and don’t want to incur the big penalty use the Surrender option)
Cadets are now notified when they have been penalized.
Cadets remaining in the game after a cadet has deserted the match are given a win or loss depending on the current state of the match.
Due to interference from solar flares opposing cadet ratings have been hidden in the character select screen of the lobby.
You can no longer purchase perks for options that have been turned off in Custom games.
Custom Game Screen clarity has been improved.
Several stability improvements.
Various bug fixes.
There you have it. Enjoy the new changes and the new MAP! Stay tuned to on Twitter or Facebook for an update on when this patch will be live and any additional changes or content that may be headed your way. See you online!

- IG

Edit: Patch is live.

Camjo-Z

Looks like I spoke too soon. The patch is being deployed today. New maps, possibly new skins, and new tweaks to the Multiplayer! GET PUMPED!

Sweet, I am definitely ready to return to Metropolis. Man, between this, Sly 4, and Bentley's Hackpack, I've got a lot of reasons to play my PS3... but not enough time to play it!

EDIT: And... first match I get into, my partner quits again within seconds. I think they should change it so if you quit, your PS3 explodes.

8byte

Banned
Sweet, I am definitely ready to return to Metropolis. Man, between this, Sly 4, and Bentley's Hackpack, I've got a lot of reasons to play my PS3... but not enough time to play it!

EDIT: And... first match I get into, my partner quits again within seconds. I think they should change it so if you quit, your PS3 explodes.

It'll take people time to get adjusted to not seeing the rating prior to a match up. I pretty much only play 1v1, so this isn't an issue for me. I think the game is less fun in 2v2, too many variables, especially with randoms.

Camjo-Z

I've been playing so much 2v2 in Playstation All-Stars recently, it never even occurred to me to play 1v1 lol. I think I will try that from now on and see how it goes!

DRG

Neo Member
Were people quitting from the pause menu before or just quitting the game from the XMB? I don't see the option to quit from the pause menu during online (besides surrendering) so can't people still just rage quit by backing out to the PS3 XMB, therefore avoiding any sort of harsh penalty to their rank with patch 1.04? How would they be notified?

8byte

Banned
Were people quitting from the pause menu before or just quitting the game from the XMB? I don't see the option to quit from the pause menu during online (besides surrendering) so can't people still just rage quit by backing out to the PS3 XMB, therefore avoiding any sort of harsh penalty to their rank with patch 1.04? How would they be notified?

Even if you PS quit or disconnect, you're met with a penalty. Players who do this will either stop playing, or quit doing it.

Also, you find matches much easier now since rating it hidden.

Camjo-Z

Toppot

So now EU owners get the better deal!? What a ripoff, Sony! D:<

(Of course, US Vita owners got MotorStorm RC for free last year, so I have no real reason to complain...)

Lol yeah has now turned out that way, they should have just offered R:G from the start. Motorstorm RC is a cheap little game anyway that is often on sale in the EU, it's not much of anything.

What really gets me is how anyone, at anypoint in time, thought a small team (Tin Giant) could port a 7th generation PS3 engine and game at the same time as it was being built by Insomniac.

It's lunacy, Tin Giant either way over promised and Sony is just chucking more time/money at them to just get it done and out of the way and recoup what they can, or they are doing this as part of a bigger project to bring Insomniacs other games to the Vita or future hardware. The game will come out around 6 months late, by which time most people will have stopped playing it, it will be on the Vita which has a low install base, and they are giving away Ratchet Deadlocked/Gladiator to all owners which are probably Ratchet fans and are the main people that would of actually bought RD/RG when it came out. Not to mention Idol Minds have also had around a year delay in porting Deadlocked/Gladitor which will be costing Sony more money, though I hope by now they will also be working on vita/ps4 porting.

Sony have been mismanaging both projects so badly, delayed months, giving away free dlc and games along the way. It must be costing them and losing them a lot of money.

working on trying to get it to you. still waiting

Can't imagine how pissed you are about this. Obviously it has nothing to do with IG, but it's likely the average joe or 10yr old kid who bought the ps3 version in hopes of playing his vita version too will never know that. Doesn't help that many on the eu ps blog seem to have had to resort to contacting customer services to get their motorstorm rc code.

Toppot

Just bought and installs this giant patch now. Did I still make it in time for the free Deadlocked?

I don't think a cut off date was mentioned. So long as you put the disc in/play it before the Vita version comes out, whenever that comes out..., you should get Deadlocked for free... whenever that comes out to.

Interesting to note that Tin Giant have updated their website a bit:

Tin Giant

http://www.tingiant.com/staff.html
At least one former Insomniac and one past Idol Mind person that did the R&C HD collection.

And they list these as their projects:

http://www.tingiant.com/projects.html

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Resistance 2

Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

Resistance 3

Ratchet and Clank: HD Collection

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Fuse

Now, they are either just listing all Insomniac's PS3 games (Bar Fall of Man) or they really are working on porting Insomniac engine/all Insomniac's games, to Vita. Including the PS2 one's i bet.

I don't think a cut off date was mentioned. So long as you put the disc in/play it before the Vita version comes out, whenever that comes out..., you should get Deadlocked for free... whenever that comes out to.

Lol. Well of any GAFers still actively play, I'm down for some.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Interesting to note that Tin Giant have updated their website a bit:

Tin Giant

http://www.tingiant.com/staff.html
At least one former Insomniac and one past Idol Mind person that did the R&C HD collection.

And they list these as their projects:

http://www.tingiant.com/projects.html

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Resistance 2

Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

Resistance 3

Ratchet and Clank: HD Collection

Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault

Fuse

Now, they are either just listing all Insomniac's PS3 games (Bar Fall of Man) or they really are working on porting Insomniac engine/all Insomniac's games, to Vita. Including the PS2 one's i bet.

to be very clear, those are just projects Rob Wyatt worked on.

to be very clear, those are just projects Rob Wyatt worked on.

Yea, I saw that list last week, wtf. Not really something you can class as the projects Tin Giant worked on.

Just bought and installs this giant patch now. Did I still make it in time for the free Deadlocked?

you are, they said on the blog that they would do another data capture prior to release of the vita version to get everyone that's eligible. However, they stated they would do this by who has played online. So to cover yourself, play one game online. Then you've played, you'll have the trophy, and you've got yourself covered. I'm actually saving the game to play when both versions are available but I jumped on and did the same, got trashed naturally haha.

I can imagine people who have their copy sitting in shrinkwrap waiting for news of the vita version will be really unhappy if they don't get deadlocked because they hadn't logged time into the game. Seems a dumb way for Sony to do it.

KalBalboa

Banned
I can imagine people who have their copy sitting in shrinkwrap waiting for news of the vita version will be really unhappy if they don't get deadlocked because they hadn't logged time into the game. Seems a dumb way for Sony to do it.

Eh, those people are foolish for buying a game months and months ago and not even opening it. They're still getting the Vita version, and there's no other way of identifying early-adopters.

8byte

Banned
The "going online" only applies to SCEE territories. NA regions will get it under disc benefits, meaning it will either always be available (1 time use per disc) or it will be available for a period of time once announced.

The "going online" only applies to SCEE territories. NA regions will get it under disc benefits, meaning it will either always be available (1 time use per disc) or it will be available for a period of time once announced.

See, this is how I would have expected it to be done for all territories. I would what the technical limitation is there between region. We certainly have the disc benefits option.

Toppot

that should hopefully changed soon with the new mode/map coming out very very soon

Hopefully the PS4 has a system that tells users when a game they have played have updates/new content added. (I wouldn't count PS+'s auto update message as doing that properly)

Certinty

Got this today.

For £4.90 I won't complain but I can't get into it. Really hoping the Vita version comes out soon so I can trade this in.

Toppot

Got this today.

For £4.90 I won't complain but I can't get into it. Really hoping the Vita version comes out soon so I can trade this in.

What's not clicking with you? Also, if you don't really like the game why on earth do you want it on your Vita? xD

KalBalboa

Banned
What's not clicking with you? Also, if you don't really like the game why on earth do you want it on your Vita? xD

Excellent questions. Why not just keep it? It's a solid game, but if you don't like it... why hold onto it for another version?

8byte

Banned
Got this today.

Did you only play the SP? Or did you even try the MP? I don't understand what's not to get into? It's basically a traditional Ratchet & Clank (from a genre stand point, it's TPS with classic controls). The only difference is that it is arena based instead of a heavy focus on exploration (though there is exploration) and it's clearly more bite sized. For $20 (or in your case, cheaper) it is an absolute steal, especially since it comes with the Vita version and Deadlocked (provided you play an online match in Europe).

Seems like a silly thing to do, honestly.

Also: Really excited to learn what is coming in the new patch. We know a new map is coming, some more tweaks to MP, and JS hinted at a new Mode on the way. Very excited to see how this all turns out. I'm definitely making a new thread so I can pimp the DLC and HOPEFULLY spur some interest for this game on GAF. I mean, I know it's no Bioshock Infinite, but it deserves a fair shake from MOBA fans!

Toppot

Also: Really excited to learn what is coming in the new patch. We know a new map is coming, some more tweaks to MP, and JS hinted at a new Mode on the way. Very excited to see how this all turns out. I'm definitely making a new thread so I can pimp the DLC and HOPEFULLY spur some interest for this game on GAF. I mean, I know it's no Bioshock Infinite, but it deserves a fair shake from MOBA fans!

I'm hoping the new mode is CTF or Siege, like from UYA's multiplayer. Take out the 'stages' and make it all even. Can still take nodes, still get weapons, still get money for defences and attack, but you can set when attacks happens.

8byte

Banned
How's the online life of the community? People still playing this? Might get back into it.

It depends on the time of day you play. I'd probably wait until after the new patch / map / content. Once that's released, it'll pull back a decent amount of people (and I'll probably pimp a new thread on GAF to see if I can't bring more new people in?). Right now, you can find matches, but it may take a few minutes.

I'm hoping the new mode is CTF or Siege, like from UYA's multiplayer. Take out the 'stages' and make it all even. Can still take nodes, still get weapons, still get money for defences and attack, but you can set when attacks happens.

That would be pretty awesome. I'd love something a bit more constant honestly, sort of like a traditional MOBA. A more linear map with set lanes, and minions constantly spawning. You have to capture nodes on the lands in order to press forward and destroy the enemy base. I think a node like this would absolutely have to be 2v2 though, no question about it.

KalBalboa

Banned
The movie teaser got me into Ratchet again. Just picked up the Crack in Time DualShock pack.

Beat the campaign for FFA on PS3, but hoping to do it again on Vita.

Top Bottom