• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault |OT| The Skinemax of MOBAs

Tagg9

Didn't realize there was gonna be DLC for this. Just a variety of skins from the sound of it.

PlayStation Blog said:
Classic Pack ($1.99) – Play as one of three Ratchet & Clank fan favorites. Includes Helga, The Plumber, and Hot Bot skins!

Future Pack ($1.99) – Play as key characters from the Future trilogy. Includes Alister Azimuth, Rusty Pete, and a war-crazed Agorian.

Miniboss Pack (Free) – Thanks to Big Al’s incredible de-bigification ray, the B2 Brawler and Chainblade are now ready for the battlefield! As a bonus, we even included a Tyhrranoid. Don’t invade a planet without one. Pack includes B2 Brawler, Chainblade and Tyhrranoid skins.

NPC Pack ($1.99) – This collection includes more loveable characters from the Ratchet & Clank universe. Includes the Smuggler, Skrunch, and Captain Qwark’s “Nurse Shannon” disguise from Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time!

Pirates Pack ($1.99) – Ahoy, matey! Here be a crew of undead space pirates to pillage the battlefield with! Pack includes 3 pirate skins.

Predators Pack ($1.99) – How do you take a T-Rex, a Great White Shark, and a Grizzly Bear and make them even cooler? By putting them in armored space marine suits, of course! Pack includes T-Rex, Great White Shark, and Grizzly Bear skins.

Robot Pack ($1.99) – Are you anti-squishy? Do you long to trade your soft, weak epidermis for steel and circuitry? Then try this collection and play as Phoenix II custodians Bleep, Bloop, and Blip!

Villain Pack ($1.99) – The greatest villains Ratchet & Clank have ever battled are now in one vile, galaxy-conquering collection. Includes Chairman Drek, Dr. Nefarious, and Emperor Percival Tachyon skins!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Didn't realize there was gonna be DLC for this. Just a variety of skins from the sound of it.

Yup, we have a lot of skins (and some more to come) celebrating all the various universe characters plus some new ones.

We also will have some patches which will add modes and new multiplayer maps for free. Feel like that's the fair way to do the DLC (charge for customization, but new gameplay stuff is free to all)

Mesoian

Yup, we have a lot of skins (and some more to come) celebrating all the various universe characters plus some new ones.

We also will have some patches which will add modes and new multiplayer maps for free. Feel like that's the fair way to do the DLC (charge for customization, but new gameplay stuff is free to all)

Is there anywhere where we can see what the skins look like? I might be interested, but I don't want to do any guess work.

TripOpt55

I played a level of this today. I am not really sure I love the base defense elements, but they are okay. There is plenty of third-person shooting plus some platforming/exploration which is cool. I do wish I had more time to just explore the levels which the mission-style structure doesn't seem to allow as well. So far it is fun. I like how they have the ship as the mission select hub of sorts.

ymmv

Banned
I wasn't sold on the tower defense/multi player concept, but after finding out there's a 3-4 hour long single player campaign in the package, I changed my mind. Just bought the retail game online, should arrive in two days. I could have bought the game on PSN, but I like to add this game to my R&C collection. (I have all of the games for the PS2, PS3 and PSP - except A41). It's also the first cross buy title I have. When is the Vita version gonna be released?

abrack08

Game is in the display the case of the WalMart I'm in. Broken street date?

Hey it was in my Walmart too, on Sunday. If I had known it wasn't out I would have bought it (I thought it game out last Tuesday). Oh well, I ended up ordering it online the same night.

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member

If new modes are added, wanted to request a mode that had a larger amount of max players, to at least 8 vs 8.

Are there bigger worlds to explore in the SP ala ToD? I know this is only a 20 dollar game, but I'm really hoping they still found a way to include some.

Also, was this game developed by Insomniac's NC studios or their home base? Just curious, no judgement implied.

8byte

Banned
Are there bigger worlds to explore in the SP ala ToD? I know this is only a 20 dollar game, but I'm really hoping they still found a way to include some.

Also, was this game developed by Insomniac's NC studios or their home base? Just curious, no judgement implied.

It was developed by the NC Studio (most of which is made up of R&C veteran developers).

MOAR OF YOU ON MP NAO.

For the record:

• $20 Game
  • 5 Hrs Content
  • FREE DLC (Sans some MP Skins)
  • Copernicus Qwark

Mesoian

Was it 1v1 or 2v2? Also, how long was that match?! At 7K per tank, 3 tanks is quite costly and takes a while, lol.

1v1. Got to about the 3rd round, had saved up about 11k in bolts, had another tank the turn before that died mysteriously quickly, but I was defending so I didn't see.

Put two tanks on the front lines, with a couple scrubs in the back. Eventually I went over, and my tanks weren't there. No defenses on the other side.

It was about a 12-15 minute match, felt like a match from the Beta where the die is gonna be cast after the 3rd round by resource deprivation.

Edit: Definitively won my second match with a 2 tank rush in the second round...but it let me buy the second tank for 4500 intead of 5000...

TripOpt55

Played another level and was pretty impressed. I was zooming back and forth with the hoverboots to do all sorts of things. Managed to snag all five gold bolts. A couple I saw and made sure to get. One I just sort of happened into when rushing back to base one time. This is really fun. Wish there were more new weapons, but otherwise it is cool.

8byte

Banned
Everyone make sure to download the free skin pack off the PS Store! About to dive back into SP so I can unlock more content via collecting gold bolts.

1v1. Got to about the 3rd round, had saved up about 11k in bolts, had another tank the turn before that died mysteriously quickly, but I was defending so I didn't see.

Put two tanks on the front lines, with a couple scrubs in the back. Eventually I went over, and my tanks weren't there. No defenses on the other side.

It was about a 12-15 minute match, felt like a match from the Beta where the die is gonna be cast after the 3rd round by resource deprivation.

Edit: Definitively won my second match with a 2 tank rush in the second round...but it let me buy the second tank for 4500 intead of 5000...

Sounds like the other guy was just good at destroying your tanks. And are you sure it only cost 4500? If you just received 500 from say your nodes then bought the tank it would show -4500 as it's kinda a sum of all bolt stuff that's happened recently.

Mesoian

Sounds like the other guy was just good at destroying your tanks. And are you sure it only cost 4500? If you just received 500 from say your nodes then bought the tank it would show -4500 as it's kinda a sum of all bolt stuff that's happened recently.

I don't see how you can take out two tanks at once with the defense weaponry the multiplayer gives you. Even if you manage to take them down without them firing a shot, they have so much HP that they should definitely make it into the base. Just like in the beta, Two tanks at your door step pretty much means the end of the game.

It could have been the math on the subtraction though with nodes providing bolts though. Granted, even though I had 5 out of 6 nodes locked up, I didn't think it was possible to quickly get 500 bolts like that, but I suppose it's not outlandish.

I'm gonna record a few matches, maybe live stream some stuff when I get home. Easier to show craziness than explain it.

bought and installed overnight....need to do the same for vita version too for dat crossplay.

playing through hd collection on ps3 as we speak, nearing end of ratchet 1, can't wait to move to 2 and 3

I don't see how you can take out two tanks at once with the defense weaponry the multiplayer gives you. Even if you manage to take them down without them firing a shot, they have so much HP that they should definitely make it into the base. Just like in the beta, Two tanks at your door step pretty much means the end of the game.

It could have been the math on the subtraction though with nodes providing bolts though. Granted, even though I had 5 out of 6 nodes locked up, I didn't think it was possible to quickly get 500 bolts like that, but I suppose it's not outlandish.

I'm gonna record a few matches, maybe live stream some stuff when I get home. Easier to show craziness than explain it.

If you get some craziness and could post it somewhere, would like to see it.

Rainy Dog

Wish every developer/publisher would follow this model. Paid for map packs are one of the shittiest things this generation has standardised.

AwRy108

Enjoyed the 30 min. I've played so far, though the graphics are definitely below par for the series compared to the first two PS3 entries (dat lack of AA!). The presentation--especially the sound effects--lacks the level of polish that I've come to expect from Insomniac stuff, which just proves that, pre All-for-One, R&C became a less important IP to them. So sad that we live in a world where we won't see any more proper R&C games...

Looking forward to playing more, just wish the Vita version was available. Only paid a few $ for my PSN copy thanks to the PlayStation Credit Card deal that Capital One ran a month or so ago.

8byte

Banned

If you upgrade your turrets to Warmongers + Groovitron...you'll just decimate tanks. I've sent in 3 tanks (two on one lane, one on the other) and not had one get to a generator. It's definitely possible .

There are "Perk Upgrades" at the rear of your station where you can upgrade your stats, etc. JUST FOUND THIS OUT TODAY, SO GOOD.

Mesoian

If you upgrade your turrets to Warmongers + Groovitron...you'll just decimate tanks. I've sent in 3 tanks (two on one lane, one on the other) and not had one get to a generator. It's definitely possible .

There are "Perk Upgrades" at the rear of your station where you can upgrade your stats, etc. JUST FOUND THIS OUT TODAY, SO GOOD.

In multiplayer?

If you think tanks are tough... try elite tanks.

8byte

Banned
So how does Insomniac know you are eligible to get the Vita version next year when you bought the retail disc version in the shop?

Each disc is unique and has a one time use "Disc Benefits" option. It doesn't work, obviously, as the Vita version isn't out yet.

TripOpt55

I just played the third level and am so impressed with this game so far. When I played the beta, I didn't know if this would make for a good campaign mode. I guess maybe I just imagined you taking on an AI opponent or something. But the campaign is really cool. There is so much to explore and find in the levels. I really liked defending my base between spurts of exploring and platforming for bolts and weapons. I set up all these defenses and then zoom back and forth on my hoverboots to add my firepower to the defense. And then attacking the nodes/base or whatever to get the defense system going again is really awesome too. Only real disappointment I could mention is not many new weapons. Otherwise I really love this game. I haven't even tried the multiplayer or finished the campaign yet. Very impressed so far though.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I just played the third level and am so impressed with this game so far. When I played the beta, I didn't know if this would make for a good campaign mode. I guess maybe I just imagined you taking on an AI opponent or something. But the campaign is really cool. There is so much to explore and find in the levels. I really liked defending my base between spurts of exploring and platforming for bolts and weapons. I set up all these defenses and then zoom back and forth on my hoverboots to add my firepower to the defense. And then attacking the nodes/base or whatever to get the defense system going again is really awesome too. Only real disappointment I could mention is not many new weapons. Otherwise I really love this game. I haven't even tried the multiplayer or finished the campaign yet. Very impressed so far though.

there's also gold bolts and other shit hidden in the levels too....

TripOpt55

there's also gold bolts and other shit hidden in the levels too....
I have found some Gold Bolts. I got them all in the second level but then only found one in this level. I blame those guys with bombs that were always taking a run at my base! These levels will be very replayable.

Top Bottom