• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault |OT| The Skinemax of MOBAs

Mesoian

I made a video of my impressions of the single player campaign and a few online matches. During the first match, I encountered a strange glitch that disallowed anyone to capture nodes and eliminated the recruitment phase for a round. Strange stuff.

Glitch at 36:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ljHZzVfgpI&feature=share&list=UUW0Pxle6RGaN-xl6kbYNbJA

But as I said before, I like the game, there are just a few things I would tweek here and there. But that's just my personal preference

8byte

Banned
Cool video man. Some things I'll say with regards to the SP are that while a first play through can be short, there is also a very large amount of unlocks and "skill points" for each area, giving pretty substantial replay value for completionists.

As for the number of maps available in MP, I think starting with 3 is better to strengthen your community with something so different for this series. It's also not uncommon for a MOBA style title to have very few maps (some, like DOTA, started with only 1). That being said, Insomniac has already stated that any maps and modes available as DLC will be FREE. So everyone should buy this to support good practices on consoles!!

Side note about bombers: Your Groovitron works on them, slow em down!!

8byte

Banned
The warmonger needs to be toned down.

Until then I will abuse people with it. :)

I think it's more or less people not understanding mechanics. If you upgrade your hero health then it becomes less of a threat. You can usually get away pretty easily and not have to deal with a firefight. It is powerful, but I don't think it needs to be tuned, at least not in any significant way.

Phhhh

You're in the squad phase in that video, that's why you can't capture that node. You can only capture nodes in the Recon phase.

8byte

Banned
I made a video of my impressions of the single player campaign and a few online matches. During the first match, I encountered a strange glitch that disallowed anyone to capture nodes and eliminated the recruitment phase for a round. Strange stuff.

Glitch at 36:15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ljHZzVfgpI&feature=share&list=UUW0Pxle6RGaN-xl6kbYNbJA

But as I said before, I like the game, there are just a few things I would tweek here and there. But that's just my personal preference

Just watched the video some more...and you need to pay attention! :p

You were in Squad phase, not recon phase. You cannot capture nodes in the Squad phase. Would be nice of you to correct that in your video w/some annotations, don't want to mislead anyone. There is no glitch in this video :) You basically lost track of your rounds.

Edit: Beaten.

Mesoian

You're in the squad phase in that video, that's why you can't capture that node. You can only capture nodes in the Recon phase.

Oh god! You're totally right! I guess actively fighting that guy threw off my timing so much that I skipped the phase.

Wow, alright then, i'll put something up there.

8byte

Banned
Oh god! You're totally right! I guess actively fighting that guy threw off my timing so much that I skipped the phase.

Wow, alright then, i'll put something up there.

Just as a pro-tip, I'd invest in putting up some electric shields early on. They don't cost much, and keep the enemy from just wondering into your base during the Assault phase. Putting Warmonger Turrets behind those shields will help out a lot with base defense if you want to jungle during those phases a bit.

Also, boost jumping (hover boots + jump) past the first swingshot will let you travel quite a bit faster.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have no one my friend's list playing this...

=/

Help a Trophy Whore out and let's get Dev Times for all 5 Planets together and kick ass + take names

I lost out on Dev Time for first planet by 9 fucking seconds soloing it >_<

I'm practicing routes and efficiency to get on Planet 1 & 2 so far, and have made headway towards it

Are there any particular advantages to the different type of turret (I've only beaten the third level so I haven't used the cryo turret or anything yet) or is it just higher cost = higher damage/range?

Skyzard

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked but I see on the box in-stores it says the vita cross-buy included - I take it that will only work when it is out later next year? Is it disc benefits like PSASBR or just a code?

Edit: nvm just saw the picture - like psasbr with disc benefits, thanks.

8byte

Banned
Are there any particular advantages to the different type of turret (I've only beaten the third level so I haven't used the cryo turret or anything yet) or is it just higher cost = higher damage/range?

Cryo turrets freeze enemies, Pyro turrets do damage over time. Plasma and Warmongers are traditional with rate of fire / damage differences.

SykoTech

I've had this downloaded for a week now but haven't had the time to play it. A quick match of PS All-Stars or a demo is about all the gaming I can do right now. Will have to change that in about 2 weeks.

Slurmer

Banned
I'm playing chapter 3 and am waiting to defend the final wave. The first ship came in and I destroyed it, now I am just sitting here and nothing is happening. Am I going to have to start over or can I return to my last checkpoint somehow? I tried triggering it by killing myself jumping into lava but that didn't work.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm playing chapter 3 and am waiting to defend the final wave. The first ship came in and I destroyed it, now I am just sitting here and nothing is happening. Am I going to have to start over or can I return to my last checkpoint somehow? I tried triggering it by killing myself jumping into lava but that didn't work.

if you quit from the menu and reload the game you should start from the checkpoint

Mike

Okay I have a dumb question. You see my progress screen? Each level has 7 blue star-looking things. I don't know what those represent.

I wanted to 100 percent each level. Any help is appreciated!

ratchet.jpg

GraveRobberX

Okay I have a dumb question. You see my progress screen? Each level has 7 blue star-looking things. I don't know what those represent.

I wanted to 100 percent each level. Any help is appreciated!

http://knifeshowinc.com/random/ratchet.jpg[img][/quote]

I think Level Skill Points?

Medals <> Gold Bolts <> Level Skill Points?

Toppot

Are you guys sure? Cause there are 117 skill points total. So that doesn't make sense.

A lot of skill points are one off's or accumulative. Like one for using a grooviton on
the final boss
or going 50 miles in charge boots. Only 30 are level based, most have about 3-4 time related ones, one for smashing all crates etc.

Mike

A lot of skill points are one off's or accumulative. Like one for using a grooviton on
the final boss
or going 50 miles in charge boots. Only 30 are level based, most have about 3-4 time related ones, one for smashing all crates etc.

If that is true, then I wish they were easily listed by level. When I pause and go to skill points, it seems like they're all in one long list.

I played the demo for this game today, and I was surprised at how much fun it was. When I first heard about this game having a tower defense aspect, I was worried. Then, I was okay with what I saw in video form, but there's nothing like getting hands on with it. Putting up turrets, setting up mines, and defending the base when needed is awesome. I like that it's so easy to go anywhere due to the hoverboots. Plus, I cracked up at the cutscenes. Gotta love Captain Qwark. So, yeah, I don't know when I'll get this, but I shall. Maybe I'll try to get it for Christmas. :)

I played the demo for this game today, and I was surprised at how much fun it was. When I first heard about this game having a tower defense aspect, I was worried. Then, I was okay with what I saw in video form, but there's nothing like getting hands on with it. Putting up turrets, setting up mines, and defending the base when needed is awesome. I like that it's so easy to go anywhere due to the hoverboots. Plus, I cracked up at the cutscenes. Gotta love Captain Qwark. So, yeah, I don't know when I'll get this, but I shall. Maybe I'll try to get it for Christmas. :)

Sounds awesome, can't wait to buy. Gotta find some free time first though..

GraveRobberX

Someone add me please for fucks sakes

I'm a good player =3

I can be your Bestest Buddy (/_\;)

We can get the Platinum together, I am an expert in the field!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
If that is true, then I wish they were easily listed by level. When I pause and go to skill points, it seems like they're all in one long list.

in the unlockables tab of the game menu it should have the planet name next to the specific skill points

8byte

Banned
Someone add me please for fucks sakes

I'm a good player =3

I can be your Bestest Buddy (/_\;)

We can get the Platinum together, I am an expert in the field!

Which trophy / level are you having trouble with? I don't have any room on my friends list, but I have wisdom beyond my years when it comes to FFA. :3
Hopefully more people get the game soon. It can take awhile to find matches online.

I think the only way to really get more people "into" the game is to get people into high level play. The game is extremely fun and cerebral, and a lot of folks just don't see that. It's probably one of the freshest MP experiences I've played all year.

Also, this guy streams fairly regularly: http://www.twitch.tv/tha_con

Anyone else know of other folks who are streaming? Can't find any vids on TwitchTV.

GraveRobberX

Which trophy / level are you having trouble with? I don't have any room on my friends list, but I have wisdom beyond my years when it comes to FFA. :3

I just need help with Dev times on 2 planets

I soloed the first really pushing hard and got it within 7:15 (7:43 being cap)
My 6 remaining Trophies

Intergalactic Dance Party (Easily Gotten)
Ironmadman (Just Grind it out)
QForce Master (Need Dev times trophy, which will stack with this)
Peace through Ridiculous Firepower (Once Again, just a Grind)
Ready for Armageddon (Very close, Dopplebanger [level 2.5] + Warmonger left! [level 2.25])
Over the Top (NEED HELP!, =/)

Edit: Huge Shoutout to fellow GAFfer Toppot, good lord what a tandem we were
Got all 5 Planets Dev Times

Had many trial and errors but we locked it down!

Now I just need to grind Hovering and Boosting for an hour, I should have my Platinum!

So much fun

GraveRobberX

Welp Got Platinum, so close to having all Insomniac [Franchise] Platinums (stupid R&C 3 Glitch)

moD7n.png

KHqlT.png

Mike

I just need help with Dev times on 2 planets

I soloed the first really pushing hard and got it within 7:15 (7:43 being cap)
My 6 remaining Trophies

Intergalactic Dance Party (Easily Gotten)
Ironmadman (Just Grind it out)
QForce Master (Need Dev times trophy, which will stack with this)
Peace through Ridiculous Firepower (Once Again, just a Grind)
Ready for Armageddon (Very close, Dopplebanger [level 2.5] + Warmonger left! [level 2.25])
Over the Top (NEED HELP!, =/)

Edit: Huge Shoutout to fellow GAFfer Toppot, good lord what a tandem we were
Got all 5 Planets Dev Times

Had many trial and errors but we locked it down!

Now I just need to grind Hovering and Boosting for an hour, I should have my Platinum!

So much fun

Can we meet up sometime in RC so I can get tips? I want platinum.

8byte

Banned
Just played a match with Toppot in my friends acct, but her PS3 froze. Good game up until then. We got a little behind, but I felt like we could have won it.

Toppot

Just played a match with Toppot in my friends acct, but her PS3 froze. Good game up until then. We got a little behind, but I felt like we could have won it.
Yeah mine froze to just as the wave finished =/ sucks. I think a good third round and we could of had them!

GraveRobberX

Wait Toppot is a she.... whoops, I kept calling her m8, to make it feel "homey", cause my New York accent and speaking very fast/soft voice >.>;

I'm so sorry =3

Toppot

Wait Toppot is a she.... whoops, I kept calling her m8, to make it feel "homey", cause my New York accent and speaking very fast/soft voice >.>;

I'm so sorry =3

I think he meant he was playing on his friends PS3, who is a girl. Did I sound like a girl? =P Or maybe thinks I am a girl, maybe I am =P

GraveRobberX

I think he meant he was playing on his friends PS3, who is a girl. Did I sound like a girl? =P Or maybe thinks I am a girl, maybe I am =P

Whoops I read that wrong, so confused, Trophy Whoring has it's short comings =?

KalBalboa

Banned
Grabbed a retail copy tonight and found myself replaying the first stage four times over to scratch that completionist itch in me.

So far I'd have to say there's the usual satisfying combat, resource gathering, and traversal, but I think the real bread and butter for me will be playing some co-op or trying it on my Vita.

Toppot

Grabbed a retail copy tonight and found myself replaying the first stage four times over to scratch that completionist itch in me.

So far I'd have to say there's the usual satisfying combat, resource gathering, and traversal, but I think the real bread and butter for me will be playing some co-op or trying it on my Vita.
The real fun is in playing with someone else. It's like All4One in that sense, its designed to be played with others. However they have made this game fun to play on your own to.

KalBalboa

Banned
Ok, so I have kind of a dumb question.

I just finished the second planet tonight and realized I haven't seen a cutscene since first meeting the villain of the game. Should I be seeing some sort of narrative outside of Ratchet's little ship going to and from the planets? Loving the game so far.

8byte

Banned
Ok, so I have kind of a dumb question.

I just finished the second planet tonight and realized I haven't seen a cutscene since first meeting the villain of the game. Should I be seeing some sort of narrative outside of Ratchet's little ship going to and from the planets? Loving the game so far.

It's lighter on narrative than other titles, and most of it comes from radio banter, etc.

I've been going back and hunting dev times solo, been a pain, haha. Tons of fun though!

GraveRobberX

It's lighter on narrative than other titles, and most of it comes from radio banter, etc.

I've been going back and hunting dev times solo, been a pain, haha. Tons of fun though!

Soloing the first 2 levels is feasible

Third will have to be a pure perfect run, and not many Suicide Bombers

4th can go to hell, super rare you'll pull it off

5th can be if you just go balls to the wall

KalBalboa

Banned

Just to clarify- there's going to be another cut scene, correct? I carried my save from the demo into the game and am worried I borked the game somehow.

8byte

Banned
Just to clarify- there's going to be another cut scene, correct? I carried my save from the demo into the game and am worried I borked the game somehow.

There are a few, yes, not like traditional R&C though. You didn't mess anything up (I don't think).

Ended up doing the first two speed runs really easy, maybe a few tries on the second stage. 3rd stage...whoa. A lot tougher than I thought. Got very close one run, within a minute. Will give it another shot later on.

rbanke

I feel like I'm having a tough time understanding this game. I have no interest in MOBA's or Tower Defense. If I'm looking for a SP Ratchet and Clank game along the lines of Quest for Booty, is this for me? I can't quite tell if the sp is just a MOBA & TD primer for multiplayer or actually a traditional but bite sized R&C campaign.

Top Bottom