• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Challenges App |OT| Wii U owners can like it or LUMp it

olimpia84

So are the levels infinite? Do they have some kind of random generator as the level progresses or does it loop the same section past a certain point?

fmpanda

New Bottomless Pit is no bueno. It doesn't help that I was trying to time my drops on 9 hours of total sleep in the last 2 days, lol.

I did increase my distance in the weekly though. Not losing that gold this time.

KRoTH

Neo Member
Is it possible to use other than Globox in Murphy's Dungeon?

I saw ghosts of Rayman and Barbara and I don't know how to choose them (I use a helmed Rayman in other levels).

beje

Banned
Unless people go wild in the next 21 hours, this will be my first Diamond Cup

050z1Go.jpg

zigg

Count on it ;)

Even if we have no hope of breaking more than bronze or the occasional silver, this game is crazy fun with friends. Last night my kids joined in too and we were all piling on in Murfy's Dungeon, never having the slightest chance of accomplishing anything, but creating some good old-fashioned chaos anyway. :lol

I do wish it were a little easier to increase one's awesomeness, though.

olimpia84

Daily extreme challenge: I can't get past this part early in the game where there are two walls followed by a vine. Do you have to wall jump and then hover over the vines or do you have to build speed and do a wall run to run above the vine? I've been trying to do a wall run but apparently I don't have enough speed to 'stick' to the top wall.

agnidragon

Neo Member
You run up the slope, then you will see some little yellow circles at your feet if you run fast enough. Then you can jump and will be able to run on the ceiling.

fabprems

Daily extreme challenge: I can't get past this part early in the game where there are two walls followed by a vine. Do you have to wall jump and then hover over the vines or do you have to build speed and do a wall run to run above the vine? I've been trying to do a wall run but apparently I don't have enough speed to 'stick' to the top wall.

Don't wall jump like you were playing Mario Bros, just keep your left stick on "right" et double jump (kind of a double click with the jump button) and the hover ;)

olimpia84

Thanks guys. I'll try to wall jump thing (even though I already did before but my hover didn't clear the vine) since I never have enough speed to do a wall run in that particular section.

Okay, after three straight hours of practice, I'm ranked 16th on the Weekly Extreme. Haha.

But that is still only worth a Gold Cup, somehow. I guess because there are so few people playing it. There are only 182 challengers. :(

Any particular technique you're using there to break the 10 second barrier? 1st place has now broken 8 seconds, but I'm not seeing how I can shave more than a second tops off my 10.96 with strategy I'd been using for the level.

GimMick

Any particular technique you're using there to break the 10 second barrier? 1st place has now broken 8 seconds, but I'm not seeing how I can shave more than a second tops off my 10.96 with strategy I'd been using for the level.
Don't use any ground-pounds until the very last stretch.
Instead, free fall and swerve through the stage, and get off the chains as soon as you can.
Grabbing the right ring and jumping off it ASAP is also slightly faster than fluttering. You can get at least 9"5x with this basic strategy (I got 9"38 with it).

Actually, there's a slightly faster strategy involving more ground-pounds, which I've got my record with (9"33), but it's so much harder it's not worth it trying just for Diamond Cup (you won't get into the top 10 anyway with the glitchers).

agnidragon

Neo Member
Man, I can't get diamond on the extreme daily challenge. The farthest I have gotten is 1640 meters. I play this game just on the gamepad while i'm laying in bed. I really like this feature. How many here just play on the gamepad?

Man, I can't get diamond on the extreme daily challenge. The farthest I have gotten is 1640 meters. I play this game just on the gamepad while i'm laying in bed. I really like this feature. How many here just play on the gamepad?

I usually only play on the gamepad. I'm at 1674m and no Diamond either. Ranked 59th. Not enough people are playing for there to be many Diamond Cup slots open.

The new daily extreme challenge is in a level I haven't seen before. You are climbing a tower in the desert trying to avoid rising sands. It's pretty cool, but I can't even place in it.

The new daily extreme challenge is in a level I haven't seen before. You are climbing a tower in the desert trying to avoid rising sands. It's pretty cool, but I can't even place in it.

This came up at least once before.

I have no idae how the people getting diamonds have the time to do it though. I can get golds most of the time, and I guess I'll have to just be happy with that.

CrunchyB

I suck at today's challenge. I need to improve that awkward narrow tunnel/hill bit but I don't know how :/

And I need to go to bed. Sigh, bronze yet again.

GulAtiCa

I feel pretty good with my Gold 28"99 on the Normal Daily. If I could only get that one bit that I always miss near the end, I could prob shave a little more off.

fmpanda

I can already tell the new weekly challenge will probably require 2 players to get it down right, bahhhhhhh.

At least the new daily's pretty fun.

Shahadan

Got 1300m+ TWO TIMES on the daily challenge and both times ubi servers told me to get lost.
Of course they worked between the two attempts to validate my suicide run @ 300 something.

Fuck this shit.

zroid

Banned
A couple friends dropped by yesterday, so I had some fun doing the weekly challenge in co-op. It took some effort but I think we managed to get down to around 24.6 seconds.

GulAtiCa

That Neverending Pit challenge yesterday was really fun. The music made it addicting to keep going. Went as far as 1000m before I stopped.

GulAtiCa

The daily challenge yesterday was kinda easy, anyone notice that? Got to like 1400m on first try.

Assuming I still got gold on it, I should be at Awesomeness 3 now.

noal

Banned
what the hell am I doing wrong if the Dojo learder is at 18 seconds. Is there a way you hit the enemies that give you more lums?

Haven't got a clue. Down to 35 seconds but not enjoying the dojo as much. 18 seconds just seems ridiculous!

My 'skills' are put to shame.

It's down to 15.7 secs now!

31.7 and I give up.

Gattuso

iEQG7S1gq0irR.png

banner for dojo

as long as I have gold I'm not even going to attempt to go lower than 32 on the daily unless diamond is not completely out of reach.

GimMick

Wanna now the funny part ?

You can play up to FOUR players simulteanously for this specific challenge. The current best time uses 3 players (I don't think you need more).

Seriously.

Edit : If anyone cares, I have 19"79 for the Dojo challenge which is currently 21st, to give you an idea of the upper limit of what's possible solo. I don't know of anybody else who got under 20" though and the cutoff for Diamond is at like 21"0 so the window is tight.

Top Bottom