• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins |OT| The Rebirth

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
FoxSpirit said:
Will wait for the Vita version but daaaaamn this game.
This will shine so hard on the OLED it's not even funny :-D
Not sure what's up with the Vita version. Here's what Brian Ashcraft of Kotaku had to say about it:

Brian Ashcraft said:
Sorry for the mind fuck, but I’ve played Rayman: Origins. I’ve played the PS Vita version, which won’t be out in the west until next year.
I have not, however, played any of the home console versions. And the main issue I’ve had with Rayman: Origins was PS Vita-centric, I am keen to check out the home console versions.

I love the platforming and the way the game looks and hope that the shortcomings the Vita version had are a non-starter for the console version.
He didn't go into specifics about what exactly the 'shortcomings' are.

Hieberrr

For those who have the game, how is it? Would you say that it's as fun as DK for the Wii? I plan on buying it for the PS3, but I'm a little torn between U Marvel v Capcom 3 and this :S

FoxSpirit

VideoMan said:
Not sure what's up with the Vita version. Here's what Brian Ashcraft of Kotaku had to say about it:

He didn't go into specifics about what exactly the 'shortcomings' are.
So he said it's Vita centric and that caused it to have shortcomings? Very cryptic.
And seriously, the OLED will still rule from an artistic PoV. I know it :p

Tizoc

Hieberrr said:
For those who have the game, how is it? Would you say that it's as fun as DK for the Wii? I plan on buying it for the PS3, but I'm a little torn between U Marvel v Capcom 3 and this :S
I have yet to play DK sadly, but this game is SO GOOOOOOOOOD!
Just beat the first world this game looks and plays great. I haven't done the time trials yet, but managed to get around 10% of the total Protoons in the game by the time I finished the first world). Only thing I have an issue with is that the double Lums bonus doesn't last very long, so you gotta be quick about getting them!
IMO, go with this game, get UMvC3 in an X-mas sale or such ;3

One last thing: Try to get 350+ lums by the time you finish the later stages in order to get the medal.

Tizoc

Sorry for the double post, but I am enjoying this game oh so much.
OP, you gotta change the subtitle to GotY 2011 or something along the lines, this game is that good.
It's like they spent the last year researching as many 2D platformers as possible and seeing how they can make the game fun and challenging.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I'm down for a new thread subtitle but I'll wait until it's out. Good to hear positive impressions, but I'm pissed that I gotta wait until Tuesday. Is it cool if I come over? I'll bring my own controller.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Mistle said:
Quoting as I'd like to know where to find 3DS impressions also. I guess they're rare as the game is slated for 2012.
Is it? As far as I know it will release end of november in Europe.

Tizoc

Snuggler said:
Yeah, I'm down for a new thread subtitle but I'll wait until it's out. Good to hear positive impressions, but I'm pissed that I gotta wait until Tuesday. Is it cool if I come over? I'll bring my own controller.
Sure thing, but...I live half across the world from you ;.;
World 3 is visual bliss
The frozen ice effects are beautiful

mr stroke said:
PS3 & 360: native 1080p, 60fps

WOW, hand no clue this game was in 1080p. All the stills for this game look stunning.
Hell Yes!

I basically didn't know this game existed until yesterday. Can't believe how good it looks, and 1080p at 60fps sounds awesome. The only concern is the price.

Downloading the demo now....

Tizoc

Forgot to mention: This game sort of 'crashed' my PS3 first time I played it XD
Basicaly I'd play the first stage, but there is no music playing and when I reach the end of the stage I can't advance any further. So I restarted my PS3 and the game ran fine

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Fun fact: this comes out today. I've binged Skyrim over the past few days, so Rayman should provide a nice change of pace. I'll need to sleep/wait for the shop to open, but I'll be picking up my copy in several hours. Do guys you think we'll be at OT2 by then?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Waiting for my copy to ship from Amazon. The wait is probably going to be worth it~

I'm guessing the co-op is fun, for those who tried it in the demo? How is it compared to Kirby or NSMB Wii? (I know you can jump in and jump out.)

I loved the Barber in Courage! Can't wait to pick this up asap, between this and MGS HD my backlog should be great. But after 2010 I need a good platformer, Genenerations just didn't cut it for me.

Tizoc

Ugh for anyone who has reached the
4th world and is playing the Treasure chase; WTF is up with the last section where you wall jump? I managed to get it eventually but it's like the game doesn't give you enough time to land on the rightmost mast and continue to the end.

Tizoc

I expect many if not all of who get the game today to be very pleased with their purchase...and maybe play the game aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall day long. It can be THAT addictive.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Snagged my copy. Gamestop prints the BG&E voucher on the receipt, so be sure to not toss it if you buy it from there. But judging from this thread, no one bought it so I guess that advice is unneeded lol. I don't have time to play now but I look forward to it tonight. :)

Ken

Waiting for my copy from Amazon. Would anyone care for pictures of the art book? Probably won't get home for another 4-5 hours though.

Tizoc

Snuggler said:
Snagged my copy. Gamestop prints the BG&E voucher on the receipt, so be sure to not toss it if you buy it from there. But judging from this thread, no one bought it so I guess that advice is unneeded lol. I don't have time to play now but I look forward to it tonight. :)
You will not sleep tonight <3

bender

What time is it?
Art Book is nice for a freebie:

bmXYj.jpg

7A0o4.jpg

(sorry for picture quality)

Yeah the artbook is great, I remember checking it out at NYCC. (Where I learned to ADORE this game. It turned me and 3 random strangers into the best of friends in a matter of minutes.)

Grrauuagh, Amazon where is my Rayman? D:

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
bender said:
Art Book is nice for a freebie:

http://i.imgur.com/bmXYj.jpg[/IM G]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7A0o4.jpg[/IM G]

(sorry for picture quality)[/QUOTE]

Is that part from the Europe-only CE or part of some pre-order over United States?

It looks great! Regardless of image quality. I wish pre-order bonuses came here to Colombia :/.

bender

What time is it?
Juan29.zapata said:
Is that part from the Europe-only CE or part of some pre-order over United States?

It looks great! Regardless of image quality. I wish pre-order bonuses came here to Colombia :/.

Sorry, I should have mentioned. It was a pre-order bonus from Amazon. I'm in the US.

wouwie

That artbook as a pre-order seems nice. Unfortunately it's not offered by Amazon UK as pre-order bonus and is instead included into the collector's edition.

Also, game is currently at a very nice 89 on Metacritic.

It's going to be a long wait until it's released in Euro-land. Looking forward to gameplay impressions in the meantime.

Just bought this shit, even though I know its only gonna sell 150 copies worldwide and we'll be getting Rabbids in the forseeable future. But until then, gonna enjoy RAYMAN ORIGINS

Beaulieu

ViewtifulJC said:
Just bought this shit, even though I know its only gonna sell 150 copies worldwide and we'll be getting Rabbids in the forseeable future. But until then, gonna enjoy RAYMAN ORIGINS

Cool man ! Give some impressions for those of us stuck at work please : )

Tizoc

dream said:
How is this as a single player game?
It's pretty fun, but getting everything in each stage is easier if you're playing co-op.
Especially the Moskito levels, however I've not played those stages in co-op to see if there were any differences

Tizoc said:
It's pretty fun, but getting everything in each stage is easier if you're playing co-op.
Especially the Moskito levels, however I've not played those stages in co-op to see if there were any differences
Is it possible to get everything in single player at least? I dont mind a challenge as long as it's doable.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Whoa this game is retailing at $60? I thought it was a PSN/XBLA game until I saw the demo.

Are there any US deals on it, other than the Gamestop one that starts on Thanksgiving?

(I loved the demo BTW)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
No US deals at the moment, it's $60 everywhere but Black Friday is close to two weeks away so I'm sure something will pop up soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My gamestop actually got a bunch of copies in. I was kind of surprised, but I guess that's because a couple of my friends reserved it as well, so I guess Ubisoft thought that particular store had a big demand. I really hope it does well.

Beaulieu

canadian crowe said:
Thanks! I played the demo like crazy so I'm looking forward to playing the full game tonight.

I can never seem to get 350 lummies(?) in a level though.

make sure to kill all enemies + their bubbles, gives you 2 lums each.
also, get the ones in the secret maps :)

Beaulieu said:
make sure to kill all enemies + their bubbles, gives you 2 lums each.
also, get the ones in the secret maps :)
Thanks. Maybe it's because I didn't let them 'bubble'. The highest I got was 344.

Never mind the mosquito level...

Kurtofan

So what's GAF's opinion on this game?I'd like to know if the platforming is great, challenging and if the music's good.
Thanks in advance.

goldenpp72

FlyinJ said:
Whoa this game is retailing at $60? I thought it was a PSN/XBLA game until I saw the demo.

Are there any US deals on it, other than the Gamestop one that starts on Thanksgiving?

(I loved the demo BTW)

Amazon has a 10 dollar credit, I figured at 60 levels it's under a dollar per level so that helped pull the trigger, lol.

Top Bottom