• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins |OT| The Rebirth

nexen

Shit, I thought this was a DD game. Smaller and for $15 or so was a no brainer. Doubt it'll hold my interest long enough to get my $60 worth.

Demo was so awesome though. Hrmmm. Conflicted.

nexen said:
Shit, I thought this was a DD game. Smaller and for $15 or so was a no brainer. Doubt it'll hold my interest long enough to get my $60 worth.

Demo was so awesome though. Hrmmm. Conflicted.
Get it or I will eat your face.

wouwie

Just pre-ordered so i've done my bit.

Loved the demo for the most part (wasn't too fond of the chasing scene in the water). Game looks absolutely beautiful, has awesome music, atmopshere, charm and fun gameplay. Can't wait to experience the full game.

Demo is great. Died about 10 times getting used to the controls, but once I nailed it down, I breezed through. Hell of a lot of fun, game obviously looks gorgeous but then there's the music too, so good. Loved the shoot-em-up sections.

Yeah, I'll be getting this.

Beaulieu

goty.

Past November, everyone on gaf whining about the state of the industry, the shooter overload, that big company arent taking risks, etc etc, While not buying this game should be banned.

krYlon

Beaulieu said:
goty.

Past November, everyone on gaf whining about the state of the industry, the shooter overload, that big company arent taking risks, etc etc, While not buying this game should be banned.

You expect people to put their money where their mouth is?

It costs nothing to complain on a message board.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Beaulieu said:
goty.

I'm buying this, but it's ridiculous to assume that someone who is sick of shooters will automatically like a 2d platformer.

Mr. Sam

Repost from the other thread:

I'm kind of sitting on the fence on this one. First off, there are things which I unquestionably love about it. You know, 60 fps, 1080p, gorgeous hand drawn art, a quirky, joyous soundtrack. However, there's also stuff which I'm pretty wary of. Underwater levels and flying levels are something which I've never liked. I appreciate the old school throwback feel, I'm just not sure I like it.

JohngPR

I have seen the top of the mountain....and it is good.

csthi.jpg

Rattles

Anabuhabkuss said:
Am I missing something in level 1? I can only get around 270ish. Looks like the trick is to move as fast as possible once you convert those gold thingies into red glowing thingies?
You got it.

JohngPR

Anabuhabkuss said:
Am I missing something in level 1? I can only get around 270ish. Looks like the trick is to move as fast as possible once you convert those gold thingies into red glowing thingies?

Bingo.

The red ones give you double the amount.

Just played through the demo and I loved it. But alas, I'm going to have wait until I get some extra money; too many school-related expenses going on at the moment. But I don't think I'm going to have to wait long, though, because November 15 is the absolute worst day this game could be released and it's going to be $30 by the end of the year. But if I had the money, I would buy this at $60 in an instant.

Wow, this game is REALLY good. Fast, fluid, full of collectibles and time trials for replayablity, and just an overall joy to play and look it. Even the sound is great(love the "OOOOOH!" when you find a secret path).

Too bad this game is gonna sell like 13 copies :/

JohngPR

Anyone else notice that the PS3 demo doesn't have 5.1 surround sound? Hope that's not the case in the final version.

JohngPR said:
Anyone else notice that the PS3 demo doesn't have 5.1 surround sound? Hope that's not the case in the final version.
Yes, i'm not hearing anything out of my rear speakers. Does the 360 version have 5.1?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I had a huge grin on my face while playing the demo. The game is certainly a looker and it oozes charm straight out of the console. I would love to get the game now, but it got released in the middle of the November madness. I'll try to pick it up early next year.

JohngPR said:
The 360 version does have 5.1, which is why I found it odd.
That's really odd, indeed. Too bad i can't download the 360 demo, my XBL Gold is expired... What about the image quality, have you noticed any differences?

The Antitype said:
How is the demo?

Living up to expectations?
Oh yeah! Beautiful game! The art style is amazing and everything looks crisp in 1080p. You have to see it for yourself! Gameplay is great, very fun and challenging.

krYlon said:
Yes, brilliant.
Though some people are finding the third level frustrating.

Sweet.

On both counts.

I'm ready for a (new) platformer that challenges me.

Kirby and DK:Returns were both walk-overs.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Does this mean the embargo is up? Maybe someone could do a review thread, but then again, it's not like this thread is moving too fast.

Empty

nice to see a big gaming site address the '2d platformers must only be xbla/psn games' bollocks in the review.

Yikes, that demo was amazing. BG&E is one of my favorite games so I can see Origins having a wonderful charm to it. Love me some 2D platformers and this looks like another winner.

krYlon

The Antitype said:
Sweet.

On both counts.

I'm ready for a (new) platformer that challenges me.

Kirby and DK:Returns were both walk-overs.

Yeah it's refreshing to play a platformer with old-school difficulty.

Great review from IGN!

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Tried both 360 and PS3 demo. Exactly the same, apart from the controller of course. Probably going to go with 360 as I found the controller a bit more comfortable to play the demo through. Analog stick > D-Pad for this game I think.

Silkworm

Anabuhabkuss said:
So pissed that amazon isn offering the art book as preorder bonus.

I know gamestop has bg&e and best buy has that stupid punching bag. Any others?

I'm confused. Are you pissed because Amazon is offering the art book as a preorder? At first I thought you meant to type "isn't" but they are still offering the art book...

Universaldamps said:
Tried both 360 and PS3 demo. Exactly the same, apart from the controller of course. Probably going to go with 360 as I found the controller a bit more comfortable to play the demo through. Analog stick > D-Pad for this game I think.
Not exactly the same according to JohngPR. The PS3 demo does not have surround.
Ik hope the retail version have 5.1.

Top Bottom