• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Origins |OT| The Rebirth

DarkChild

Banned
Tailzo said:
I just played some of the demo. I really loved the first level. So beautiful! I am a huge fan of 2d graphics like these.

I played single player though, so I quit during the 2nd level, shooting wasn't my cup of tea.

I will support this though. Wondering wether I should get it for ps3 or vita. Leaning towards ps3, because of true 1080p, but vitas oled screen might be better than my plasma :)
Aren't both versions 1080p?

ToD_

Anabuhabkuss said:
Silkworm, been searching for two days. Even other Gafers could t find it (see a few pages back).

Can you link us?
I'm not Silkworm, but it's definitely listed for me on the product page (doesn't matter which console).

dwebo

Hmm, I wouldn't have bothered to unlock the bonus skin if I'd known it was just a red version of the blue guy. Loved the demo, otherwise. Really great visuals and music (I'm curious to hear the longer version of the short Morricone-esque section in the sizzle reel).

Unfortunately, no idea when I'll get around to playing this. Terrible timing.

Wow, great demo, this will be a nice compliment to Revelations for Christmas.

One thing I noticed, it's not in the Top 50 downloaded demos (360 dashboard) and I figured that it's new so no worries but the Rabbids demo is in the top five or so and it looks like it was put up after the Rayman Origins demo. Portend of doom or just odd timing/listing on the 360 marketplace?

ToD_

Anabuhabkuss said:
Art pre-order nowhere to be seen when I look at that page.
rayman-amazon0suof.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Ken Masters said:
2d platformer? the ps3 d-pad was built for this game

Platforming definitely feels better with the pad, but I needed analogue for the swimming parts. If anyone is on the fence about which version to buy, I'd probably go with PS3 for the functional dpad.

DarkChild said:
Aren't both versions 1080p?

Yep, 360 will be "true" 1080p.

Befindlichkeit

Neo Member
The demo makes me feel all warm inside :)

I echo an earlier point about the checkpoints being too far apart but the demos so fun I don't get frustrated by it, it just makes me smile. GOTY!

JohngPR

GANGSTERKILLER said:
That's really odd, indeed. Too bad i can't download the 360 demo, my XBL Gold is expired... What about the image quality, have you noticed any differences?.

The colors look a little more vibrant on 360, but that might be how each of my inputs are setup...not sure.

I will say that the 360 version looked a little crisper to me than the PS3 one as well, but they both look great.

osknoes

The art is so good, that I could buy only for it. It's like ni no kuni, astonishing, pixels converted into love. But not only the art, the game it's pretty solid :)

ToD_

Anabuhabkuss said:
So weird. Had to switch browsers. Thanks!
Glad you got it sorted.

I'm still on the fence about when to purchase this. I'm pretty sure I'll pick it up, and the art book makes it tempting to preorder, but I know I'm not going to get to playing the game this month. I've had a long time where I really couldn't get into gaming at all and am worried a big backlog will overwhelm me, strange as it may sound. I'll pick it up soon enough.

JohngPR

Snuggler said:
Platforming definitely feels better with the pad, but I needed analogue for the swimming parts. If anyone is on the fence about which version to buy, I'd probably go with PS3 for the functional dpad.

Yep, 360 will be "true" 1080p.

360 upscales to 1080p from 720p though so there's no real way to tell if it's really 1080p natively unless Ubi has said otherwise.

FatCat

Couple of thoughts after playing the demo:

- There seems to be variety in difficulty, nice.
- Those graphics, my god...the animation is good too.
- I absolutely love the music, especially in the underwater level.

A very nice demo....may have to order it but I'll be away for a couple of weeks :-(

Silkworm

Bisnic said:
Will probably buy for Wii because all i have is that and a gaming PC. :(
I'm in the same boat, but DKCR looked very nice IMHO, so I presume the Wii version of Rayman Origins will too *fingers crossed* :)

V_Ben

Banned

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang, this is the first I've heard of that. Ubisoft never mentioned that while promoting the game, unless I missed it.

DarkChild

Banned
JohngPR said:
Nice! PS3 version as well?
Well, it seems like PSblog says its only PS3 version thats 1080p, even though they said its full hd on 360 and PS3, and 420p and 60fps on Wii.

Although Ubi says otherwise.
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/...l-creative-director?sid=6336549&mode=previews
GS: Are there going to be unique features for the different console versions?

MA: The 360 and PS3 are full HD. The Wii is pushing that console to its graphical limits with a good 480p 60fps mode fully antialiased. The handheld versions are pretty much the same game, same levels, but are adapted a bit for each console by using some of the specific features they offer.

SykoTech

I think the game is zoned out a bit too much. I realize that it has it be ready to support 4 people at anytime, but it looks like they went overboard. I can hardly make out the awesome animations. Not really liking that. Never had such a problem with that in LittleBigPlanet or anything.

But aside from that, it's excellent as expected. So smooth and of course beautiful. Pretty easy though, but it is just the beginning. Not sure why people are finding the chase part so hard. It looks hectic, but all you have to do is hold sprint and look at what's directly in front of you instead of being overwhelmed by everything on the screen. I did it on my first try.

DevelopmentArrested said:

Nice to see a high score and all, but the part about it getting challenging later on is what really makes me happy. Bring it!

One of the most beautiful games
ever
this gen. I want to pick this up so badly it isn't funny.

I still think the artbook is redundant. Just look at that game!

JohngPR

MarshMellow96 said:
Anybody know where the secret cage is in the demo? I really want to see this secret costume.

The one I missed on the first stage is right before the end of the
waterfall slightly above the way you are supposed to go to move on to the next area.

Goddamnit, I'm so pissed this is coming out in November. Nobody is gonna buy this shit, and its gonna be years before we get another beautiful, HD, full-retail 2d platformer like this

fuckfuckFUCK

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Regarding this supposed 1080p 'exclusiveness' playstation eu has claimed. I have both the 360 and PS3 turned on with the demo loaded up. They are impossible to tell apart. It even says on my tv what the game is natively running at, and it lists both versions at 1080p.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Think I'll be getting the PS3 version, no ac3/dts is a bit of bummer but I'll just compensate by using my headphones, just tried the demo using my akg 240's and sounded amazing.

Universaldamps said:
Regarding this supposed 1080p 'exclusiveness' playstation eu has claimed. I have both the 360 and PS3 turned on with the demo loaded up. They are impossible to tell apart. It even says on my tv what the game is natively running at, and it lists both versions at 1080p.

A lot of people seem to be fooled by this, your TV doesn't tell you what a games native resolution is, if the 360 version is 720p native up-scaled to 1080p then your TV well say 1080p.

Universaldamps

Neo Member
lowrider007 said:
Think I'll be getting the PS3 version, no ac3/dts is a bit of bummer but I'll just compensate by using my headphones, just tried the demo using my akg 240's and sounded amazing.

A lot of people seem to be fooled by this, your TV doesn't tell what a games native resolution is, if the 360 version is 720p native up-scaled to 1080p then your TV well say 1080p.

Alright, so then why does my tv say 1280x720 when I'm playing say Uncharted/Gears of War and pretty much every other console game, yet for 1080p content like Wipeout HD or Critter Crunch it'll correctly list it as 1080p? It lists the Wii properly as 480p when I'm playing Xenoblade too. I think you're assuming every TV is the same.

Emitan

Universaldamps said:
Alright, so then why does my tv say 1280x720 when I'm playing say Uncharted/Gears of War and pretty much every other console game, yet for 1080p content like Wipeout HD or Critter Crunch it'll correctly list it as 1080p? It lists the Wii properly as 480p when I'm playing Xenoblade too. I think you're assuming every TV is the same.
Wipeout doesn't maintain 1080p throughout the whole game. It lowers the resolution and upscales.

Definitely getting this for the Wii, does the PSN/XBLA version have anything besides HD, etc? I'll probably end up getting both, because I'm need desperate need of a new great platformer after last year.

Emitan

TheExplodingHead said:
Definitely getting this for the Wii, does the PSN/XBLA version have anything besides HD, etc? I'll probably end up getting both, because I'm need desperate need of a new great platformer after last year.
Joke post?

Billychu said:
Joke post?

Not really, just a tired retarded post... In any case, I'll probably get it for 360 and Wii.

I don't why I immediately thought it was another DD game, guess it's a mix of too much circumstance and not enough sleep (32 hours now! Hoo-raa!).

Anabuhabkuss said:
No secret cage. The ninth electroon is in the first stage (for a total of six). Look in the center of the 5. When you start the stage, there is a challenge extended to you as soon as you leave character select. You have to run through the stage in under 1:15

I did the run-through in 00:45 :p

Found it anyway!

mjc

FYI for anyone looking to save some cash, KMart is offering this in a group of B1G1 half off games this next week. The list includes:

Modern Warfare 3 $59.99 (wasn't posted in blog, confirmed to be part of sale)
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $59.99
Saint's Row: The Third $59.99
Assassin's Creed: Revelations $59.99
Rayman Origins $59.99
Need for Speed: The Run $59.99
Halo Anniversary $39.99

Top Bottom