• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

TTG

peetfeet said:
Anyone know if the $10k trophy is cumulative or do you need to have the cash in hand as it were?

You don't need 10k on you, I had just over 5k when the trophy kicked in for me.

Truant

Exploring the woods during the later parts of this game is tough after just having played Alan Wake. Trees are popping in every 20 meters :(

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Truant said:
Exploring the woods during the later parts of this game is tough after just having played Alan Wake. Trees are popping in every 20 meters :(

And those fucking grizzly bears .

SamuraiX-

kyo_daikun said:
Just realised theres a $100 game of five finger fillet... do I need to beat that one as well to get 100%?

I thought you only need to win at each of the mini-games once? Shouldn't have to do it every time it comes up in a new location.

I'm having a problem

I came across
Zhou and his need for his contract to be nullified. I already broke a White Stallion (it says Hungarian Half Bred), and I bought that it from the store however I can't see Zhou or the other
Stranger mission I was half complete anywhere on the map. I have just finished the Mexico main missions. Please tell me that doesn't mean the stranger missions half complete there cannot be completed?

SamuraiX- said:
I thought you only need to win at each of the mini-games once? Shouldn't have to do it every time it comes up in a new location.

I've read in a few places that five finger doesn't mark as complete until you beat the $25 bet man (the third) could be just rubbish tho.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Meus Renaissance said:
I'm having a problem

I came across
Zhou and his need for his contract to be nullified. I already broke a White Stallion (it says Hungarian Half Bred), and I bought that it from the store however I can't see Zhou or the other
Stranger mission I was half complete anywhere on the map. I have just finished the Mexico main missions. Please tell me that doesn't mean the stranger missions half complete there cannot be completed?

I beat the game and I see the mission. Some pop up after a few in-game days.

Dibbz

Meus do you mean you delivered the horse and the mission has disappeared? If you already gave the horse then the mission will pop up after a few in game days.

Nicktendo86

I cannot get enough if this game at the minute, absolutely stunning. I have just got the
machine gun
and I think I am just about to
storm the fort, not sure what happens though
. I must say my only criticism so far would be that the missions have been bar and large repetitive which I think GTA also suffers from, but the sheer amount of other distractions, games etc makes up for it.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
West Elizabeth reminds me of home so much. Even up to the point where I thought, "Man, I swear I've ridden singletrack here."

20 hours in with around 58% completion and this is already my GOTY.

Got the 360 version and I can only hope they do a PC release so I can double dip...

Opus Angelorum said:
So Red Dead Redemption is sold out in every GAME store in Belfast, I guess it's pretty popular.

yeah noticed this myself when preordering alpha protocol... im glad i had this on pre order from last year :D

MickeyKnox said:
20 hours in with around 58% completion and this is already my GOTY.

so far this year i'd say yeah GOTY contender... personally im waiting until fallout new vegas comes out... or mafia 2 . but who knows there have been some truly great games this year.. its going to be a tough one. ;)

2010 one of the great years for gaming.. and it isn't over yet

Lime

I don't understand why R* would think RDR wouldn't sell well in Europe. Westerns that were commercial failures in the US, like Once Upon a Time in the West, were a roaring successes in Europe back in the 60's. Even to this day I could still see a lot of Europeans being immensely interested in the Western genre, no matter the medium.

Lime said:
I don't understand why R* would think RDR wouldn't sell well in Europe. Westerns that were commercial failures in the US, like Once Upon a Time in the West, were a roaring successes in Europe back in the 60's. Even to this day I could still see a lot of Europeans being immensely interested in the Western genre, no matter the medium.

i blame Michael Pachter lol

Lime said:

Because that was the 60's? Westerns as a whole have largely died out in popularity, and you got whole different Generation that has had little exposure to it.

2 questions about Redemption:

How the hell do people draw so fast?! And also, does anyone ever get into gang matches with more than 4 people total? I'm always playing 1 vs 2 or 2 vs 2, I wanna play 5 vs 5 or something like that.

blanky

UnluckyKate said:
I just arrived to Mexico and I was waiting for the game to finaly start. I feel disapointed.

Dont worry, space out or rush through the missions. The third area is a lot stronger and better.

hitoshi

Guys, please help me - i am in a serious need of 2 or 3 pictures of the newspaper. Does not matter what's written on it, but the picture has to be atleast 720p, from a straight ingame source (capture card, whatsoever), sadly no home-made photo is good this time. It would mean a lot to me. Thanks in advance!

So for people with the PS3 version, are the indoors in the game washed out on your tv? I just got a new tv and I want to know if it just doesn't get dark enough or if its the game.

Max

I am not Max
Lion Heart said:
So for people with the PS3 version, are the indoors in the game washed out on your tv? I just got a new tv and I want to know if it just doesn't get dark enough or if its the game.
I have the 360 version and its just really dark indoors

Lion Heart said:

in the game menu go to options -> display try fiddling around there, bump up saturation especially, theres also brightness and contrast.. with a bit of toying around you should have it looking decent

BeeDog

Question about the "I Know You" stranger mission:

Was that it? After convincing that guy not to cheat on his wife with the prostitue, I met the noname hat man on a hill near Blackwater. John shot him, which didn't do anything, and then he disappeared.

What's the moral of this "ghost apparition" story? Was that simply it? Or does something else happen later on?

BeeDog said:
Question about the "I Know You" stranger mission:

Was that it? After convincing that guy not to cheat on his wife with the prostitue, I met the noname hat man on a hill near Blackwater. John shot him, which didn't do anything, and then he disappeared.

What's the moral of this "ghost apparition" story? Was that simply it? Or does something else happen later on?

the way i took it was like he was the devil... especially when he mentions being an accountant of sorts, and the moral decisions throughout the quest. eg. rob the nun or give her a donation... it seems like a reference to the bible and the mountain of temptation

soldat7

UnluckyKate said:
I just arrived to Mexico and I was waiting for the game to finaly start. I feel disapointed.

What do you mean by that? Mexico is great so far.
And that music as you ride in...so awesome.

Top Bottom