• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

I need to get a Hungarian White horse for a side mission. Where do I find one? It won't let me buy a deed to one either.

I also need to find some beavers but it won't let me go up north yet. Does a story mission unlock that area and if so how far into the game.

What strange luck. Just found one on my way to Diez Coronas where the wiki says you can find them roaming. It was all the way over in Escalera though. Man, this horse feels so much better to me than my dumb as fuck Kentucky Saddler. I hate the Kentucky. Just doesn't feel right.

Hate that I have to give this Hungarian away but maybe I'll find a way to keep it. :D

Or I'll just find another one.

I know the Hungarian and the Kentucky are both 3 star horses but they feel different to me.

Dead Man

criesofthepast said:
What strange luck. Just found one on my way to Diez Coronas where the wiki says you can find them roaming. It was all the way over in Escalera though. Man, this horse feels so much better to me than my dumb as fuck Kentucky Saddler. I hate the Kentucky. Just doesn't feel right.

Hate that I have to give this Hungarian away but maybe I'll find a way to keep it. :D

Or I'll just find another one.

I know the Hungarian and the Kentucky are both 3 star horses but they feel different to me.
:lol Nice one! I don't mind the Kentucky, I'm using it on my second playthrough. I prefer the Hungarian, especially with some Deadly Assassin, but the Kentucky works fine for me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I can't get the timing down for FFF, I wouldn't mind if they patched it to give us a little more leeway.

Liars Dice is probably my favorite mini game, there's something strangely addictive about it.

OneLetter

Anyone having trouble getting the end parts for some of the Stranger missions to appear?

The two main ones I've having an issue with right now are "California" and "Lights, Camera, Action." I completed the main component for each, but they keep being shown as "inactive" in my journal, and quite a few days of in-game time have passed.

I'd like to 100% the game, since I'm only about 6% away, but this is making it difficult.

OneLetter said:
Anyone having trouble getting the end parts for some of the Stranger missions to appear?

The two main ones I've having an issue with right now are "California" and "Lights, Camera, Action." I completed the main component for each, but they keep being shown as "inactive" in my journal, and quite a few days of in-game time have passed.

I'd like to 100% the game, since I'm only about 6% away, but this is making it difficult.
Have you looked up those missions here?

http://reddead.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Red_Dead_Redemption

criesofthepast said:

The Hungarian is a great horse. They all seem to handle ever so slightly different. I ride a wold caught Hungarian at the moment, tough as nails horse but still have to say my favorite is the Tersk.

UrbanRats

Anybody else tried the cheatcodes?
I've tried them for fun before and, i don't know if it's a bug or what, but the invincibility code, deactivate itself every time i enter in Deadeye mode.. the unlimited ammo code deactivate itself after a few seconds some times, while other times stays on(can't figure out what triggers it).
Since you can't save when you activate them, they are pretty much to fuck around and have fun, but it's actually annoying when they costantly deactivete themself. :mad:

Aurora

Finally got this game yesterday. Simply amazing. The atmosphere is sublime and I'm loving the hunting aspects of the game. I'm definitely looking forward to DLC, whatever it brings.

Funny thing though, I didn't even know about Dead Eye until the storyline mission forces you to achieve Dead Eye Lv3. I had never used it until that point :lol

Costanza said:
Who does the voice of Landon Ricketts? I know him from somewhere...

Ross Hagen, who was in a bunch of western TV shows in the '60s like Bonanza, The Wild Wild West, Gunsmoke, etc.

I actually thought he was Paul Eiding too when he first spoke.

Brakara

OneLetter said:
Yup - went to the exact locations listed there during the night, during the day, and even during rain. Nothing shows up, so I'm at a loss of what to do.

Both should appear after a few days. At least they did for me.

knitoe

flyinpiranha said:
Still nothing from Amazon. No DLC stuff and no $20. I even emailed them 4 days ago and no reply.
Got my DLC 2 days after game shipped. Is it just the gold gun code? If yes, stupid because another code was inclided with the game. As for $20, got it 2 days ago. Already, spent it and $10 Alan Wake on NCAA Football 2011 for $29.

Irish

That son of a bitch is an impostor!

<------

Also, end spoilers:

Wow, am I the only one who kinda likes Jack? I mean, he's no John Marston in anything other than name, but he's still pretty darn cool. He even has a unique personality.

Opus Angelorum said:
Both, they said small quantities were arriving on Saturday morning and it was first come first serve.

Just a follow up to this, my friend travelled quite some distance today to a large Game store in Newtownards and they recieved a new shipment this morning...of only 11 copies. When he got there was a queue of 44 people! Madness.

I'm heading out early tomorrow to find a copy, wish me luck.

Currently putting together my custom "Hunting Soundtrack" that I'll use when completing challenges and stuff for the rest of the game. Pure Morricone greatness.

Wow

The key for Five Finger Fillet is to turn down the volume and not look at the screen. Looking at the screen, even if you have it memorized, will just fuck you up.

bathala

Banned
criesofthepast said:
I need to get a Hungarian White horse for a side mission. Where do I find one? It won't let me buy a deed to one either.

I also need to find some beavers but it won't let me go up north yet. Does a story mission unlock that area and if so how far into the game.
For that mission I was able to keep the horse and still complete the mission.
After the mission, it auto saved. I tried to steal it so I got shot, and reloaded the game. The mission was complete but still got the horse

putarorex

It seems people have figured out the best way to grind levels in free roam.
I am seeing a lot of people forming posses and doing solomon's folly over and over. I joined one posse and gained five levels fairly quickly since it works out to around 700-1200 xp for a minute run. Sometimes we finished the hideout in 45 seconds or so.

Now I know why there we so many high levels running around early in the game. Even though I hate grinding, I am not going to be able to resist and will probably just do the same, since it is fairly painless in this game.

burgerdog

I need to bring a bollard twin gang bounty alive for an outfit except that there aren't any posters up at all. According to the tracker I need to go to mc farlane ranch and pick up the quest there. Any help?

Anarchistry said:
I'm having the same porblem too :/

Yep, it's a bitch. Did you email them also? It said "... respond within 12 hours" but nothing.

knitoe said:
Got my DLC 2 days after game shipped. Is it just the gold gun code? If yes, stupid because another code was inclided with the game. As for $20, got it 2 days ago. Already, spent it and $10 Alan Wake on NCAA Football 2011 for $29.

The guns don't really bother me, but I ordered 2 copies (one for a friend and one for me) and he's asked a couple times, nothing came in my game and I left his sealed when I sent it to him and since he's asked me I assume he didn't have it in his case either. The $20 (x2) is what I'm interested in as I'd like to order Alan Wake (hopefully it's still $49.99 when I get them).

Ember128

Harvesting animals for resources is ridiculously profitable, and Bait is totally worth it.

Take out five Wolves or Deer in Quick Succession with Dead Eye, rinse and repeat.

I Have Harvested over 12 Tons of Meat. I feed the Wild West with my efforts.

Rapture

end spoilers:

im almost positive that the man from the "i know you" missions was there at the end when john gets shot... did anyone else see it? god damn thats kinda freaky.

Frillen

Irish said:
That son of a bitch is an impostor!

<------

Also, end spoilers:

Wow, am I the only one who kinda likes Jack? I mean, he's no John Marston in anything other than name, but he's still pretty darn cool. He even has a unique personality.

He looks cool but his voice is annoying.

TTG

Rapture said:
end spoilers:

im almost positive that the man from the "i know you" missions was there at the end when john gets shot... did anyone else see it? god damn thats kinda freaky.

Anyone know for sure? it would make sense:
him being satan/death is obvious once Marston tries to shoot him and nothing happens, he also mentions being the accountant etc... there are hints. It's also no coincidence that you last meeting is at Beecher's Hope, but I didn't see him in the shootout.

Ding

Thanks for that link to the wiki link to the horse info. That clears some things up. Sorta. I'm still confused.

Right now, maybe 8 hours in, my horse seems pretty slow. This is only noticeable on a bounty mission when I'm trying to get the perp back to town. The bad guys spawn behind me, and then pass me like was was standing still. I'm pretty much forced to repeatedly kill them. With a fast horse, would I be able to stay in front of them, or does the game alway rubber-band them past you?

The wiki says that that stallion that you tame in one of the early Bonnie missions is a Kentucky Saddler. Very fast. I rode that horse for a while. Hitched it, etc. But, it died eventually, and I guess I'm now just getting random horses now when I whistle? They don't look like the Saddler anymore, and like I said, don't seem very fast.

I don't have the option to buy any "fast" horse deeds in the store. Just slow ones and normal ones. Because I tamed the Saddler, shouldn't it be in the stores now? Do I have to go find one in the wild? Did Bonnie's stallion not count?

BeeDog

(minor spoilers)
Just killed the last member of John's gang
, excellent mission. :D The track that plays directly after that mission is great too, even better than the
Mexico
track. This game's awesome.

EDIT: meh, figured it wasn't any spoilers, but whatever.

TTG

Ding said:
Thanks for that link to the wiki link to the horse info. That clears some things up. Sorta. I'm still confused.

Right now, maybe 8 hours in, my horse seems pretty slow. This is only noticeable on a bounty mission when I'm trying to get the perp back to town. The bad guys spawn behind me, and then pass me like was was standing still. I'm pretty much forced to repeatedly kill them. With a fast horse, would I be able to stay in front of them, or does the game alway rubber-band them past you?

The wiki says that that stallion that you tame in one of the early Bonnie missions is a Kentucky Saddler. Very fast. I rode that horse for a while. Hitched it, etc. But, it died eventually, and I guess I'm now just getting random horses now when I whistle? They don't look like the Saddler anymore, and like I said, don't seem very fast.

I don't have the option to buy any "fast" horse deeds in the store. Just slow ones and normal ones. Because I tamed the Saddler, shouldn't it be in the stores now? Do I have to go find one in the wild? Did Bonnie's stallion not count?

If your horse is out of stamina and their horses are fresh, they will go past you. There's no rubber band because I've outrun them by a big margin on a couple of occasions and they don't catch up. I THINK the option to buy the Kentucky Saddler was open after Bonnie's horse, but I never bought any of them so I'm not sure exactly when it unlocked. Find the black one(american standardbread or something) out of the top 3 horses, that one seems to be the fastest. I'm never below half way on the stamina with that thing. :lol

If it still seems slow, maybe you don't have the riding mechanics down well. Spurring the horse like crazy is a bad way to go.

TTG

BeeDog said:
Just killed the last member of John's gang, excellent mission. :D The track that plays directly after that mission is great too, even better than the Mexico track. This game's awesome.

SPOILARZ!

The events following that are the best parts of the game, it's pure awesome from here on out.

panda21

not sure i understand the whole horse deed mechanic - if i buy a deed it goes in my inventory? and then i can use it as many times as i want to switch to that horse, or just once? and can you have multiple deeds in your inventory?

panda21 said:
not sure i understand the whole horse deed mechanic - if i buy a deed it goes in my inventory? and then i can use it as many times as i want to switch to that horse, or just once? and can you have multiple deeds in your inventory?

Works forever and you can have multiple if you feel like switching it up.

Top Bottom