• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Jipan said:
I beat the game. The ending is
pretty powerful. I thought it was gonna end once I got Dutch but it didn't. I found it sweet that Marston wanted to rebuild his relationship with his son. The family missions were pretty good and charming. His wife foreshadowed that the feds were gonna come after him. It was one of the most messed up endings I've ever seen in a game. However, the biggest twist is playing with Jack circa 10 years later in the post game epilogue. Marston knew there coming for him. He could have gotten away. I'm guessing that Jack is now a peacemaker?

You get to the credits yet?

Jhoan

Nah not yet. I do have a stranger quest that involves
tracking down Edgar Ross's wife. I'm guessing this is the curtain call?
I'm doing it right now.

What's up with
the 'I Konw You' missions? The guy seems way too well dressed for being out there. Is he the devil or just some weird dude?

LSauchelli said:
What's up with
the 'I Konw You' missions? The guy seems way too well dressed for being out there. Is he the devil or just some weird dude?

Once you finish it, should be a bit more clear.
If you already finished it,
he'd have to be a pretty weird dude to be impervious to gunshots

Anarchistry

LSauchelli said:
What's up with
I highly suggest that you finish this mission right away.

LSauchelli said:
What's up with
I've finished those missions and I still don't know who the F that guy is. The missions ended uhhh weird.

Anyone care to explain who he is?

criesofthepast said:
I've finished those missions and I still don't know who the F that guy is. The missions ended uhhh weird.

Anyone care to explain who he is?

He's an
accountant.

He's God. Or the Devil. Or the Reaper.

So I can't see the end credits?

I screwed up the duel, respawned, rode back annoyed, shot the old fucker in the back of the head, failed the mission and it won't re-appear? I can't re-do it?

Pumpkins

kingslunk said:
Mexico is so tedious, I'm really tired of it. Marston needs to grow a pair and stick up for himself honestly.

And do what though? Shoot everyone up and hope for the best?

He's a foreigner to the land and has pretty much no connections. He has to bite the bullet and do whatever he can to get what he needs.

jaundicejuice said:
So I can't see the end credits?

I screwed up the duel, respawned, rode back annoyed, shot the old fucker in the back of the head, failed the mission and it won't re-appear? I can't re-do it?

Go do other stuff for a while, then try again. Maybe it'll respawn.

Costanza

Banned
kingslunk said:
Mexico is so tedious, I'm really tired of it. Marston needs to grow a pair and stick up for himself honestly.
Uhh the Mexico part was so much fucking better than the boring ass first section of the game.

The short film is on Fox by the way.
Looks like it's just cutscenes mixed with some narration thus far. (Not sure if this really needed a tag but whatever.)

squicken

So I'm at like 99.4% or something, and I really can't figure out what's left for me to do. As awesome as I thought AC2 was, I never felt compelled to track down every last thing. But this game, it's so good.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the best SP games are open world. Not that every game should be open world, just that an open world game has a much higher ceiling than a script fest like CoD or Uncharted.

bucknuticus said:
Yeah it appears the fox thing is going to go through the story of the first half of the game, so avoid if you havent gotten past the act 1.
Act 1?
Is Mexico past Act 1, please don't divulge anything else even in tags

criesofthepast said:
Even the commercials are out of sync for me. This is awesome though. Pretty neat watching this after finishing it earlier today.

Im having no issues on my end. I wonder if people not familiar with this are wondering wtf this is.

I had to ride in and out of the area to make the event respawn. Game beaten, time to trade it in. I think I've had my fill of Rockstar's take on open world games this generation, if not open world games in general.

I really don't like those moments in Rockstar games where gameplay is often merely a tool of the moment instead of being the focus. i.e. You ride a cart from point a to b, delivering sacks of corn, listening to two characters talk for five minutes. It drove me mad every time I had to sit through moments like that. You could skip some of those moments at the very least.

Not saying it was a bad game, there were definitely moments I enjoyed immensely, I'm just glad I've completed it and can move on to something else now.

HadesGigas said:
Haha wtf at the "yep".
Haha I love that.

What's the point of this thing? Piecing together a lot of the cutscenes and spoiling people who haven't finished the game? I'm just wondering what the intended audience is for this thing. It just came out this week. Only people who finished the story are watching. Seems pointless.

Chaser

Spoilers regarding the "I Know You" stranger missions:
I had assumed he was the ghost of a man Marston killed in the past. Seemed fitting. Either way, great little story.
Most of the strangers' missions have been pretty interesting, makes it worth the effort.

criesofthepast said:
Haha I love that.

What's the point of this thing? Piecing together a lot of the cutscenes and spoiling people who haven't finished the game? I'm just wondering what the intended audience is for this thing. It just came out this week. Only people who finished the story are watching. Seems pointless.

Target is probably more people who don't even own the game. Basically an infomercial.

The Fox film was a really good idea by Rockstar, people will certainty be interested in this and the audience correlates well to this time as well.

EDIT: or take2 or whoever.

jaundicejuice said:
I really don't like those moments in Rockstar games where gameplay is often merely a tool of the moment instead of being the focus. i.e. You ride a cart from point a to b, delivering sacks of corn, listening to two characters talk for five minutes. It drove me mad every time I had to sit through moments like that. You could skip some of those moments at the very least.

The character dialogue is so good WATIZRONGWITHYOU?!?!

But seriously, I watched the WHOLE
conversation between West Dickens, and Marston where he "drove" you to one of the races I think
without skipping it, but the first thing that went through my mind is "How many player will just skip this, and miss the whole conversation?" I loved all of them.

Than again, I've only use fast travel once in like 30 hours of gametime so maybe I'm the crazy one.

HadesGigas said:
Target is probably more people who don't even own the game. Basically an infomercial.
They should have done a gametrailers style special. Interviews with the develeopers, showing the trailers, etc. Even for potential buyers your still spoiling a lot of the story. lol

ahh well I'm enjoying it anyways.

Net_Wrecker said:
The character dialogue is so good WATIZRONGWITHYOU?!?!

But seriously, I watched the WHOLE
conversation between West Dickens, and Marston where he "drove" you to one of the races I think
without skipping it, but the first thing that went through my mind is "How many player will just skip this, and miss the whole conversation?" I loved all of them.

Aww what they had conversations, was there only thing of substance in them? I skipped them all.

KoruptData said:
Does this spoil the story? I have not beat it yet.

Not the whole story, but it's all from the game. Skipping over huge chunks and stopping like 1/3 the way through.

This ending is very different than what happens in the game, it seems.

bucknuticus said:
Aww what they had conversations, was there only thing of substance in them? I skipped them all.

It's not anything very substantial, but I just love the fact that they do it. There's so much dialogue, even from the strangers who walk away after the missions are over. You can follow them, and they're still talking. LOVZ ITZ

Scott32020 said:
Wasn't that just Bill Williamson?

Yes and you see him part way through act 1 and at the end of act 1, the "movie" ends right where act 1 ended. Not to mention you see him at the very beginning of the game as well.

Top Bottom