• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Clearing up the last bit of challenges and I've no idea where to find 5 skunks. It's a shame the master hunter challenges don't carry over to MP and vice versa.

KillerAJD

Jeff Stephen said:
Clearing up the last bit of challenges and I've no idea where to find 5 skunks. It's a shame the master hunter challenges don't carry over to MP and vice versa.
On the RDR wiki, you can find a few places where they spawn. A cool little trick is wait for night time, go to Armadillo, run around the fast travel stagecoach and look for one spawning somewhere behind it. Once you kill/skin it, run around the building the stagecoach is next to, and rinse-repeat. I only got two before it started spawning raccoons though. Also, fast travel to the other locations the wiki says to go to, and one is usually near you when you spawn back into the game world.

Lakitu

st5fu
UnluckyKate said:
God, I finaly beat that mexico ark in the story.

I just hit Blackwater.

I already miss Mexican desert. WTF is wrong GAF ?!

Just go up to Nekoti Rock at night, so beautiful.

Zeliard

I don't know if it automatically sets the day and weather there, but when I first got into Mexico, it was probably around noon in-game since the sun was up high and blistering. Weather was completely clear, and then that pretty song was playing as I rode my horse down some hill and onto an embankment, with the sun and the hills reflecting off the water. It was just gorgeous.

I thought I could Platinum this game but I've done 3 playthroughs of the story (1 full and 2 up until Mexico). I still can't get the "Spurred to Victory" trophy.

Not bothering anymore. Going to jump into multiplayer now. Then I'm putting this game away for a few weeks.

KillerAJD said:
On the RDR wiki, you can find a few places where they spawn. A cool little trick is wait for night time, got to Armadillo, run around the fast travel stagecoach and look for one spawning somewhere behind it. Once you kill/skin it, run around the building the stagecoach is next to, and rinse-repeat. I only got two before it started spawning raccoons though. Also, fast travel to the other locations the wiki says to go to, and one is usually near you when you spawn back into the game world.
Much appreciated.

Stitch

Gold Member
CIMG0880.JPG

hey horse, what are you doing!?

I check my trophy list and Spurred to Victory is there. It just magically appeared. MY GOD WHAT THE HELL. Who knows how long its been there. Waste of time.

RAGE!

After spending the last day taking care of my horse I'm now going on a horse massacre to let out my frustration. Every horse in this game is about to die.

And my trophy list says I got the trophy 2 days ago. Hmmm. Either I'm blind and never noticed it before or this is one seriously glitched trophy.

SamuraiX-

I can't stop drooling over the gorgeous, breathtaking landscapes in this game. I hate myself for using fast travel those few times back in New Austin. Everything about the way this game looks screams perfection.

Pleeeaasssee Rockstar! I would pay twice as much as I paid for this game if you take the whole look and feel of Red Dead Redemption and morph it somehow into a pirate game where you replace the vast desert with ocean, and the main towns with ports, and so on etc.

They could truly make an amazing game... The only thing that would probably hold them back is the swordplay, where R* focuses more on gun play as the selling point rather than melee combat it would seem.

Hell, I'll take something in modern day (like GTA) too, as long as you bring this art and design style with you to that game. :D

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Solid warrior said:
holy shit this has to be the best ending ever in vidya gaems history.

is that jack marston wtf :lol

Remember you aren't done till you see the credits roll.

Ponn

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
Pleeeaasssee Rockstar! I would pay twice as much as I paid for this game if you take the whole look and feel of Red Dead Redemption and morph it somehow into a pirate game where you replace the vast desert with ocean, and the main towns with ports, and so on etc.

Red Dead Yarrrrrrrrr!

Mr. Sam

So I gotta kill this bear with one shot? No problem. Hey, it's getting pretty close. Alright, just to pull trigger and-- fuck, I shot it in the leg. Yep, I'm dead.

m0ngo said:
Managed to get the friends in high places achievment earlier, the town of Blackwater never saw me coming :lol

I spent most of the afternoon unlocking achievements, and now I have about 12 to go. The Friends in High Places achievement scared the crap out of me because I was pretty low on ammo by the time I racked up a $4,900 bounty and then when I finally hit $5K, the damned ticket booth clerk wasn't there! Thankfully a save and a reload fixed that. I also pretty much wiped out Blackwater. By the end, Blackwater's streets were littered with policemen's hats and lady bonnets. :lol

Finally got the damned 100% checklist page on the Rockstar Social Club page working! 87%!

Random tip for the No Dice achievement: Head to Casa Madrugada, and at least in my game, there is only one dude sitting at the Liar's Dice table. It's pretty much a piece of cake from there.

Beaulieu

Mr. Sam said:
So I gotta kill this bear with one shot? No problem. Hey, it's getting pretty close. Alright, just to pull trigger and-- fuck, I shot it in the leg. Yep, I'm dead.

sniper rifle in the face worked for me.

todahawk

Finally starting playing this morning and I have to say I'm impressed and loving it so far. The gunplay is fun and works well.

Really came into the game with almost a complete media blackout so I loved discovering the sharpshooter and other wilderness challenges.

Gonna wait a bit before trying MP/online..

Solo

mjc said:
Horseshoes is making me go nuclear. Any tips?

Make sure to aim with LT first. Once you're lined up dead on, I just use a medium speed movement of the RS, and release as close to the middle as I can. It worked for me, and I got the achievement.

Top Bottom