• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Jin

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sadly, I'm stuck

How do I keep the crows out of my goddamn corn? I've tried shooting but to no avail.

Use the rifle with 22 rounds. I forgot what it's called. Go into deadeye and start blasting away. Use the item that refills your deadeye meter and repeat. You have to chain deadeye to beat that mission.

Barrett2

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sadly, I'm stuck

How do I keep the crows out of my goddamn corn? I've tried shooting but to no avail.
The key is to use deadeye to target those as they fly into the opening. Don't worry about the birds just hovering, concentrate on the birds swooping into the door.

Hadoken said:
Use the rifle with 22 rounds. I forgot what it's called. Go into deadeye and start blasting away. Use the item that refills your deadeye meter and repeat. You have to chain deadeye to beat that mission.

I don't have a rifle with 22 rounds. :(

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Sadly, I'm stuck

I wussed out and switched to Causal aming for that one. It pretty much does the work for you.

Can someone help me? It says there is a horsebreaking job available in ridgewood farm. I swore I did it already. Anyways, I walk over, and there is no job.

Edit: Nvm, it unglitched. Hope this works.

Lolligag

The_Inquisitor said:
Can someone help me? It says there is a horsebreaking job available in ridgewood farm. I swore I did it already. Anyways, I walk over, and there is no job.

Isn't there one every day?

Jhoan

I'm 99.3% done with the game. Is there anything I'm missing besides the U.S Marshal suit you get at 100%? I think I haven't hunted every animal in the game so that might be it.

UrbanRats

Solid warrior said:
I've finally beat the game. :lol 10/10 well done rockstar.

thanks to UrbanRats, Rebel Leader, Sinatar. much appreciated, guys.
The music
that plays in the credits, kinda had me choking up a bit. :(

Jipan said:
I'm 99.3% done with the game. Is there anything I'm missing besides the U.S Marshal suit you get at 100%? I think I haven't hunted every animal in the game so that might be it.

Check r* social club site. Should tell you what you're missing.

Klocker said:
I know it's crazy but I rarely did missions for a long time and that's what the game time says. If I were to guess I'd say I really have about 55 hours into the game. Anyone else think their game clock is screwed up?

Mine has to be. The only time I looked at it was shortly before I beat the game 100%, but it said 8 days, and 9 hours. At the time, the game had only been out for 10 days, and although I have been playing it non-stop, there's no way I played it THAT much.

Jhoan

I'll do that now, thanks. MMarsu, I think you might wanna let a couple of game days pass before it reactivates maybe 2-3 days. EDIT: My current stat hasn't been uploaded to the site so it says I'm at 97.8% and it's missing a lot of stuff that I already did e.g missions, wanted people, etc.

MNC

Can someone please explain multiplayer a bit? Is it like one giant server, where if you want to battle with another posse, you enter a smaller server to duke it out?

MNC said:
Can someone please explain multiplayer a bit? Is it like one giant server, where if you want to battle with another posse, you enter a smaller server to duke it out?

Not even close. It's just multiplayer. Ever played GTAIV? It's a more organized version of that. You get into a lobby with 16 people max, and up to 8 people in a posse. From there you do whatever you want. The "lobby" is the whole singleplayer game world BTW.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
According to Rockstar, the lasso is too complicated to use in multiplayer, so you'll have to only use rope when you're playing with yourself.

"Trying to get a curving, fluid-like piece of rope to work in single player was a massive technical challenge in itself, but the potential for 16 lassos attempting to interact with each other to cause knotty technical problems meant we had to confine the lasso to single player," Rockstar told the UK PlayStation blog.

vaderscreamsnooooooooo.jpg

I was hoping for hostage taking in free roam D=

UrbanRats

Rebel Leader said:
Well, not like
actual tears, but i rarely get emotional with games(5 or 6 in my whole gamer career, maybe?), RDR just got unprepared, cause i was expecting a more silly and frivolous storyline, like GTA, instead they let you sink down into the characters. :lol
And not just John, i'm talking also about Luisa and Dutch, i liked them too.
--
@Lasso in MP: They said otherwise in the Kotaku interview :(

Is it possible to miss stranger missions and they never come back? I need Love is an Opiate or something in Mexico for the rebel outfit, but it never showed up as far as I know and I've done all the others.

Rebel Leader

UrbanRats said:
Well, not like
actual tears, but i rarely get emotional with games(5 or 6 in my whole gamer career, maybe?), RDR just got unprepared, cause i was expecting a more silly and frivolous storyline, like GTA, instead they let you sink down into the characters. :lol
And not just John, i'm talking also about Luisa and Dutch, i liked them too.

speaking of which... seen my music video? =3

Why the fuck would lassos need to "interact with each other? I don't even want them to interact with other players. I just want to lasso NPC's in multiplayer, so me and friends can cause some mayhem by kidnapping people and making piles of bodies, putting them on train tracks, dropping them off cliffs and seeing who lands first, or riding around on horses, all with somebody dragging along behind us.

Oh, and I said it before, but I'll say it again here too; no trains in multiplayer is also bullshit.

Free Roam is overflowing with potential, but it's completely unrealized. It strips out nearly everything that makes single-player so great. They should have just halved the 16-player limit in order to be able to fit more stuff in. Hell, since only 8 people can join a posse, it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

Ben2749 said:
Why the fuck would lassos need to "interact with each other? I don't even want them to interact with other players. I just want to lasso NPC's in multiplayer, so me and friends can cause some mayhem by kidnapping people and making piles of bodies, putting them on train tracks, dropping them off cliffs and seeing who lands first, or riding around on horses, all with somebody dragging along behind us.

Oh, and I said it before, but I'll say it again here too; no trains in multiplayer is also bullshit.

But then people would just complain that you can't lasso other players, and I'd imagine that combined with Euphoria and 16 people would provide a hell of a glitchy experience. Honestly, it's better they keep it out if they can't get it right.

As for multiplayer bounty hunting, multiplayer card/mini games, multiplayer getting characters drunk, these "hunting zones" that no one can find, etc., I don't see why those weren't included.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
lawblob said:
The key is to use deadeye to target those as they fly into the opening. Don't worry about the birds just hovering, concentrate on the birds swooping into the door.

I abused the hell out of deadeye, but ironically not here. I used a modern handgun and very quickly did: aim, shoot, release aim, repeat. The game auto aims and locks on for each new aim. So if you do it very quickly you can kill 5 birds/second.

Rebel Leader

Net_Wrecker said:
But then people would just complain that you can't lasso other players, and I'd imagine that combined with Euphoria and 16 people would provide a hell of a glitchy experience. Honestly, it's better they keep it out if they can't get it right.

As for multiplayer bounty hunting, multiplayer card/mini games, multiplayer getting characters drunk, these "hunting zones" that no one can find, etc., I don't see why those weren't included.

I would so loved to play Liar's dice online

Aswell as poker with a cheat option :D

teh_pwn

The_Inquisitor said:

Reminds me of the one mega-glitch I had. For whatever reason, I had a $5 bounty after a mission, and a dialog told me that I was wanted and that I should stand still to surrender. Problem was that all of the guards basically looked like scare crows. No movement at all. Even if I went out of the wanted radius, my wanted never went away. Couldn't save, quick travel, etc. I thought about paying off my bounty, but it was so far away that I just loaded the auto save.

Another time the context interact button stopped working (Y on 360), which preventing me from doing anything.

Rebel Leader

MMaRsu said:
Finished it, love the ending.

But I am sad that I can't play with John anymore wtf :(

yea.. I know.. hopefully they realease something so that you can play back as john

teh_pwn

Rebel Leader said:
he did go out in a BANG
:lol

Good ending, but I felt like I could have taken those guys. If John kicked the door open, took cover, and deadeye and kept chewing tobacco/snake oil. Realistic, no. But same goes for most of the battles in the game before that.

Sh0k

What I am missing to complete the US Army outfit ? I did all 5 of the requirements and the last one is to purchase the outfit from the Tailor in Blackwater, but everytime I go to the Tailor, it says that the item is not available.

Any help ?

Rebel Leader

Sh0k said:
What I am missing to complete the US Army outfit ? I did all 5 of the requirements and the last one is to purchase the outfit from the Tailor in Blackwater, but everytime I go to the Tailor, it says that the item is not available.

Any help ?

Have you beaten the game?

Reknoc

Net_Wrecker said:

Hunting zones?

MMaRsu

Haunted said:
Way to ruin the moment. :(

Just reload or wait a couple days and it'll respawn.

Yeah but it was at the first part of the mission I pulled my gun out and it said I failed it lol. Just reloaded my save by jumping in the water and there it was again. Great ending :).

Sanic

I just now got around to doing a stranger mission, and i'm somewhat confused...

A lady told me to go find her son near The Hanging Rock, so I travelled up there and found a shoe, a bone, and bloodstains. I assumed the child was eaten, the game told me the mission was complete and...that was that. But I never receieved the stranger achievement, and under stats, the mission is listed as "inactive". What's up with this?

Pandoracell said:
I just now got around to doing a stranger mission, and i'm somewhat confused...

A lady told me to go find her son near The Hanging Rock, so I travelled up there and found a shoe, a bone, and bloodstains. I assumed the child was eaten, the game told me the mission was complete and...that was that. But I never receieved the stranger achievement, and under stats, the mission is listed as "inactive". What's up with this?

Wait a couple of in game days. You can also always check Challenges -> Strangers to see if the mission is finished or not.

Hixx

Game is really picking up towards the end of Mexico. It was ok before, nothing special to be honest but as the story is starting to pick up so are the missions and general cohesiveness of the world - the Stranger missions are most certainly more interesting now. I still miss Irish though, I hope I see him again :(

HixxSAFC said:
I still miss Irish though, I hope I see him again :(

Unfortunately not. If there's one criticism I have with RDR, it's that each area has it's own unique cast, which makes the game seem somewhat disjointed, and it's incredibly unfortunate that there are a lot of really interesting characters whose roles ended long, long before I would have liked.

Top Bottom