• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

DiddyBop

Just finished the game....GOTY so far for me, incredible atmosphere and VAs, ending left nothing else to be desired
although i wish i could meet all the old cast of characters like bonnie,etc when in control of jack, the dead man's gun ending theme is also very,very good.

Ramirez said:
End game spoilers:

Am I the only one that blew his wife and brother away too before dealing with Ross?
:lol

Nah, I did that too. But I thought I'd be able to
hogtie Ross and take him somewhere as well
so it didn't work out as well as I wanted.

A save before that, though :) It meant going back and
capturing his wife and taking her to the final encounter :lol

Archer

Ramirez said:
End game spoilers:

Am I the only one that blew his wife and brother away too before dealing with Ross?
:lol

I took 'em down too. Knifed 'em both. Payback.

timetokill said:
Nah, I did that too. But I thought I'd be able to
hogtie Ross and take him somewhere as well
so it didn't work out as well as I wanted.

A save before that, though :) It meant going back and
capturing his wife and taking her to the final encounter :lol

Nice. Toss her in the river before taking care of business, eh?

Saw a
Grizzly
for the first time. I had my buffalo rifle all ready but as soon as I saw that fucker charging I freaked out and accidentally pulled out my fists. :lol

Those things are fast and damn quiet!

Interfectum

a buddy of mine had his lasso disappear after getting it.... has anyone heard of this glitch? is there any way to get it back?? (ps3 version)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Interfectum said:
a buddy of mine had his lasso disappear after getting it.... has anyone heard of this glitch? is there any way to get it back?? (ps3 version)
Sometimes I've seen items not appear on the wheel, but if you try and equip them anyway they show up.

Ramirez

So, how come every time I'm on a moving train for this challenge where you have to shoot 4 birds, there aren't any in the sky the whole trip? Bad luck, or is there some where specifically I have to do this?

jred2k

Ramirez said:
So, how come every time I'm on a moving train for this challenge where you have to shoot 4 birds, there aren't in the sky the whole trip? Bad luck, or is there some where specifically I have to do this?
Sounds like bad luck to me. When you get close to a tree try firing off a bullet into the sky. These usually caused a flock of birds to fly out of it.

Ramirez said:
So, how come every time I'm on a moving train for this challenge where you have to shoot 4 birds, there aren't in the sky the whole trip? Bad luck, or is there some where specifically I have to do this?

I got on the train at Armadillo and didn't see a single bird till I came out of the tunnel by the Macfarlands ranch so you might have to wait a bit.

Mayyhem

jred2k said:
Sounds like bad luck to me. When you get close to a tree try firing off a bullet into the sky. These usually caused a flock of birds to fly out of it.
Yeah this is what I did. Just shoot at trees and bushes and they will fly everywhere. I got it really quickly.

At about 99% completion now. Only thing left to do are like 12 bounty missions.

Can I expect this to be a pretty straight shot, or am I going to have to do a bunch of them to get the locations that I need?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MMaRsu said:
Are all these glitches from the Ps3 version? I have my 360 version installed and I've never seen any of these weird glitches :lol

I think they're just a bit rare, only glitch I've experienced on PS3 is the invisible horses thing online, but that was only during the first two days.

bunbun777

EnjoyIncubus said:
At about 99% completion now. Only thing left to do are like 12 bounty missions.

Can I expect this to be a pretty straight shot, or am I going to have to do a bunch of them to get the locations that I need?

Just check your stats and make sure that of the 20 bounties, 8 are in the first section, 8 down south, and 4 are in west e. The bounties pop up eventually, you can see the officers nail up the posters.

MMaRsu said:
Are all these glitches from the Ps3 version? I have my 360 version installed and I've never seen any of these weird glitches :lol

A buddy of mine was having all sorts of game breaking glitches on his 360 dvd, they got so bad he couldn't finish the game. I lent him my copy to install to his hdd and now it runs without any sort of problem.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
sw33tclyde said:
A buddy of mine was having all sorts of game breaking glitches on his 360 dvd, they got so bad he couldn't finish the game. I lent him my copy to install to his hdd and now it runs without any sort of problem.

it could be a defected disc, he should go and get a new one

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
So I know I'm late to the party, but i've been playing this game for a few days, and really enjoying it. Actually the first night I only played for about 2 hours, and was pretty dissatisfied, but it definitely picks up quite a bit after that. I can see why some wouldnt like it, I mean the missions seem to serve more as excuses to go from place to place and shoot people than to drive the story at all, but I nonetheless find that even the most basic tasks like the hunting challenges and tracking down all the scraps for different outfits are a lot of fun. I can definitely see this game bringing the completionist out of me, and getting a lot of my time for the next week or two, maybe longer if I get into the multiplayer (which I have yet to even try).

Few random questions:
-How do you ride trains?
-What is the best way to make money (so far five finger fillet seems to be the most consistent).
-Are some horses faster than others?
...thought i had more than that, but maybe ill think of them later

pedr0theli0n said:
Few random questions:
-How do you ride trains?
-What is the best way to make money (so far five finger fillet seems to be the most consistent).
-Are some horses faster than others?

- Just jump on the train. You can get on them at train stops or by jumping on them from your horse (ride up next to it and wait for the prompt). The trains run only sporadically at the beginning, or at least that was my experience. (I sat on a stationary train for an entire in-game day in Armadillo before just saying "screw it" and waiting until later in the game to mess with trains)

- Whatever minigame is easiest to you, I guess. Hunting+skinning and selling them is also a very easy way to make a lot of money quickly.

- Yes. Go to the general store and look at the horse deeds. Horses are classified into Slow, Normal, and Fast speeds.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
pedr0theli0n said:
Few random questions:
-How do you ride trains? get on it at train stops in major cities, or ride a horse next to it and jump on it
-What is the best way to make money (so far five finger fillet seems to be the most consistent). The "Lights, Camera, Action" stranger mission, liar's dice ante is $200 a person , but if you leave the $200 ante is gone
-Are some horses faster than others? Yes, if you go to the general store, the horse with the most stars is the faster one

Bring them:D

Falt

GDJustin said:
Funny glitch happened to me -

Immediately after finishing the "I Know You" stranger mission
After Marston opens fire on the mysterious man, the stranger mission is complete, and the man is impervious to bullets. But to my surprised, (and delight) he re-materialized right on the spot, once I was given control of Marston again. The dude just... stood there.

So I did what anyone would have done. I punch him in the back of the head and then ground tackled him :lol . After a while the fistfight got boring so I headshot'd him. -50 Honor, but that was the only penalty. He has $6 on him.

Exact same thing happened to me just now! As if it wasn't enough of a "wtf" moment already.
I hogtied him and put a bullet in the back of his head. He had $4. Confusing glitch was confusing!

How many actual instances of sex are there in the game? The reason I say this is...
that Reyes cutscene just seemed so forced to me. I am not a prude but it just seemed shoe horned in there to get an extreme M rating

Loxley

Anerythristic said:
How many actual instances of sex are there in the game? The reason I say this is...
that Reyes cutscene just seemed so forced to me. I am not a prude but it just seemed shoe horned in there to get an extreme M rating

That's the only one, which is amazing considering this is a R* game :lol
This is where I really feel like making Marston a married man who's loyal to his wife was the best thing they could have done for his character. But they definitely could have done without that scene and no one would have faulted the game at all.

Just finished it. Holy fucking shit what an ending, Rockstar you've created a monster.

I wasn't able to finish watching the credits, did I miss anything- if so it on YouTube?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Trying to wrap up on costumes...I had to win a Five Finger Fillet game and noticed a random dead body as I was leaving, one of the guys I played against. Then I noticed the rattlesnake by his corpse. :lol

Papercuts said:
Trying to wrap up on costumes...I had to win a Five Finger Fillet game and noticed a random dead body as I was leaving, one of the guys I played against. Then I noticed the rattlesnake by his corpse. :lol
It took me around an hour to win the five finger fillet game and when I was done I murdered everyone in the town

Top Bottom