• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

OldJadedGamer said:
Wait... the Northern River? Shit, I've been walking up and down the path on the far West because that is where they show you that they are on the included map!!! Alright, I'll head North and see what I find. I already got my 18 bear achievement trying to find beavers.

Not to make you feel bad but I've seen them all along the river period. :lol That's where I completed the challenge, but I've seen packs of them all over up there.

Dude Abides

Banned
I tried to disarm Harold instead of killing him,
but I'm just not good enough at dueling. This is the first time a game has ever made me feel guilty about my lack of skill.

Net_Wrecker said:
Not to make you feel bad but I've seen them all along the river period. :lol That's where I completed the challenge, but I've seen packs of them all over up there.

It's not making me feel bad, it's upsetting cause now it seems like a bug in the game. I'm hunting some beavers tonight so we'll see.

Klocker

OldJadedGamer said:
It's not making me feel bad, it's upsetting cause now it seems like a bug in the game. I'm hunting some beavers tonight so we'll see.

i swear the game knows when you are close to a challenge and purposefully makes it harder at that moment to find what you are looking for.
or sics a cougar on your ass while finding it :D

Damnit I only need the Posse Up trophy for platinum, but those assholes I invited to my posse started team-killing me.

Damn I hate playing online with these sacks of shit.

I was walking up and down the river with nothing, I would place down bait and the only thing that would come was bears. So I was camping and forwarding the game 6 hours each time and found a single time at night where beavers where everywhere. But only this single time of day was I able to see them.

Ramirez

These two idiots kept trying to grief me tonight online while I was trying to complete the Pike's Basin hideout. One guy was up top, the other down on the ridge with me, I whip out the ole sniper and blast the guy up top and dynamite the guy near me, so good. Then I find out the game respawns people you kill 5 feet from you and the fun was over. :( I managed to kill the last of the gang, so I got the achievement, really can't believe people waste their time griefing people in this game's awful multiplayer. :lol

Is the highest MP rank 50? That achievement is going to suck, because I really have 0 fun with the MP side of this game.

Teknoman

Ramirez said:
These two idiots kept trying to grief me tonight online while I was trying to complete the Pike's Basin hideout. One guy was up top, the other down on the ridge with me, I whip out the ole sniper and blast the guy up top and dynamite the guy near me, so good. Then I find out the game respawns people you kill 5 feet from you and the fun was over. :( I managed to kill the last of the gang, so I got the achievement, really can't believe people waste their time griefing people in this game's awful multiplayer. :lol

Is the highest MP rank 50? That achievement is going to suck, because I really have 0 fun with the MP side of this game.

StevePharma said:
Damnit I only need the Posse Up trophy for platinum, but those assholes I invited to my posse started team-killing me.

Damn I hate playing online with these sacks of shit.

Sounds like you need a real posse.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396145

Dead Man

Rebel Leader said:
Take 2 took my music video down D,=
Motherfuckers. Can you re up it to YouTube so I can grab a copy? I wanted to show my friends but they haven't finished the story missions yet. It is perfectly done. I understand if you don't want to, though.

Or just dispute that shit, it is fair use, I think.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
damn, this game can look so freakin good some times. right up there with Uncharted 2 IMO. Just got to Mexico, got my mexican poncho on, and was riding with the sun setting on the rocks/cliffs, and I just couldn't get over how good everything looked.

Also, I've yet to dabble in multiplayer.. what am I missing?

Strange Man was a cool series of events, except for the fact that
I accidentally shot at him after a cut scene, and he got really scared and started running away like a coward pleading with me not to shoot him. In retrospect, actually, it was pretty funny.

Falt

Just got prompted for an update (360). Hope this has a fix for multiplayer. Jumping on!

Edit: "You were removed...blah blah blah"

Bah, guess not.

Falt said:
Just got prompted for an update (360). Hope this has a fix for multiplayer. Jumping on!

Bah, guess not.
I don't know if it fixed any bugs, but on the PS3, the Solomon's Folly gang hideout rewards less than half of what it used to. I guess Rockstar found out that it was being exploited for XP.

Alex

That ending was absolutely flawless. I cannot think of many better executed endings I've come across on any medium lately. Quite sad, but extremely cool. Multi-tiered, went on just long enough between the two characters. Really, it was perfect for my tastes

Patrick Bateman said:
Is it even possible to disarm everybody in duels or do you have to kill them?

Can't disarm everybody. You'll learn the hard way who you're "supposed" to kill if you score a disarm marker but still die.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Falt said:

Bah, guess not.
Yes I have been experiencing being kicked out of free roam, before it even loads. Havent been following this thread, what is the cause of this?

Just bought it and put in about 30 minutes. I'm happy to say that the game is absolutely deserving of the immense praise it has gotten so far.

the little moment(s) when i realized how great this game is:

for no reason i went to check out Coot's Chapel, where i've been before but it was deserted then. this time, as i sneaked inside through the back, i heard crying... i was like what the hell, there was no one here before and now there's someone crying, and i've never bumped into a random crying NPC in a game, so im kind of baffled. i approached cautiously and noticed a man sitting on a pew, with his head down, sobbing away. when i got closer he got up and started pointing his finger at the huge cross on the wall... guess he was mad at god or something, heh.

i let him be and go outside to see if there's anyone else around, and i notice a bird flying kind of low, coming towards me, as it gets closer i notice it's a big ass vulture (wingspan bigger than Marston!), first one i saw in the game, and as i follow it with the camera i saw it gently land on top of the Chapel. i hadnt seen a bird actually land on top of building before so it was surprising to see. and the way i tracked it with the camera made it look beautiful and elegant.

i dunno, it's stuff like this that really impresses me, completely random little things that add to the realism and atmosphere of the game, and especially how these little moments flow from one to the other... it can be really amazing.

DarkKyo

Anyone know what the music played during the trailer/commercial is called? I think a version of it is also played during the last mission.

Question about Survivalist Rank 10: It says Collect 10 Violet Snowdrop Leaf then collect 2 more of every herb available. Does that mean 2 of the herbs/plants you've have yet to find or does it mean collect two types of all herbs/plants in general?

Falt

Title Update 1.02

* Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues
* Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
* Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
* Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
* Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
* Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
* Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
* Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
* Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
* Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
* Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
* Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
* Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...emption_on_playstation_3_and_xbox_360.article

Still getting kicked from Multiplayer :/

Meus Renaissance said:
Question about Survivalist Rank 10: It says Collect 10 Violet Snowdrop Leaf then collect 2 more of every herb available. Does that mean 2 of the herbs/plants you've have yet to find or does it mean collect two types of all herbs/plants in general?

(360) Press Y on the survivalist menu and it will bring up a list of what you need. If you're on Survivalist Rank 10, you've seen all the herbs and plants RDR has to offer bar the Violet Snowdrop.

WEGGLES

bishoptl said:
I not only
deliberately used the Colt to kill Ross, I then used dynamite to blast his carcass into the water to wash away
. Float on, you son of a bitch.
Hope you looted him first. He has like $400 on him.

Gribbix

Falt said:
Title Update 1.02

* Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues
* Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
* Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
* Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
* Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
* Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
* Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
* Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
* Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
* Fixed Solomon's Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
* Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
* Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...emption_on_playstation_3_and_xbox_360.article
You left out the best part (at least, for those who aren't having connection problems):
Additionally, this update includes support for a new playlist by popular demand, Hardcore Free Roam supporting only expert aim. This playlist will be released once this title update has time to propagate on both consoles. We will update this post with the word as soon as that playlist is confirmed as functional.

Cday

Banned
Pretty sure I'm fucked as far as getting the Redeemed achievement goes since I've done all the challenges and unlocked all the outfits and yet this shows that I've unlocked all the outfits but only have 4/8 challenges, which is impossible that I have the Legend of the West outfit and not 8/8 challenges.

THINK AGAIN

Edit

Well, nevermind. It updated. I assumed it was borked because everything updated almost instantaneously yet it took the challenges 3+ hours to update.

LugNut74

Alex said:
That ending was absolutely flawless. I cannot think of many better executed endings I've come across on any medium lately. Quite sad, but extremely cool. Multi-tiered, went on just long enough between the two characters. Really, it was perfect for my tastes

Totally agree.

seat

Forgive me for doing this, but the XBL community is so stupid that I simply need to vent about it.

After nearly exhausting single-player Red Dead Redemption, I hesitantly decided to venture into multi-player. I've been loving the online experience up until now. My gamertag is "deepseated". I realize there's supposed to be a hyphen in it, but I purposefully left it out for fun. While free roaming just now, someone argued with me that I spelled my name wrong, saying the "seated" in deep-seated is spelled "seeded". This argument went on for a few minutes until he literally started yelling at me. Fed up, I looked up the definition on my phone and read it aloud to him along with the correct spelling. He must have been humbled because I didn't hear another word from him, but at that point I was so irritated that I just quit. The worst part is that he sounded like a full-grown adult.

This is the first time I've rage quit from an online game because of some fucktard's illiteracy. I admit that I'm no master of the English language, but I know better than to point out someone's spelling mistakes without using my fucking brain first. I'm also "elite" enough to read a book once in a while.

Anyway, despite this post I'm really not a grumpy online player, and I always have good experiences playing with other GAF members. If anyone wants to play with me, again my tag is "deepseated". Please don't argue with me about the lack of a hyphen. In the meantime, I don't think I'll be playing open games for a while.

bj00rn_

Banned
seat said:
Forgive me for doing this, but the XBL community is so stupid that I simply need to vent about it.

After nearly exhausting single-player Red Dead Redemption, I hesitantly decided to venture into multi-player. I've been loving the online experience up until now. My gamertag is "deepseated". I realize there's supposed to be a hyphen in it, but I purposefully left it out for fun. While free roaming just now, someone argued with me that I spelled my name wrong, saying the "seated" in deep-seated is spelled "seeded". This argument went on for a few minutes until he literally started yelling at me. Fed up, I looked up the definition on my phone and read it aloud to him along with the correct spelling. He must have been humbled because I didn't hear another word from him, but at that point I was so irritated that I just quit. The worst part is that he sounded like a full-grown adult.

This is the first time I've rage quit from an online game because of some fucktard's illiteracy. I admit that I'm no master of the English language, but I know better than to point out someone's spelling mistakes without using my fucking brain first. I'm also "elite" enough to read a book once in a while.

Anyway, despite this post I'm really not a grumpy online player, and I always have good experiences playing with other GAF members. If anyone wants to play with me, again my tag is "deepseated". Please don't argue with me about the lack of a hyphen. In the meantime, I don't think I'll be playing open games for a while.

His gamertag was "the XBL community"..?

yea its pretty strange how you've been "loving the online experience" until for the first time ever someone "makes u rage quit" and now the entire xbox live community is stupid

kingslunk

Alex said:

I agree, the ending was pretty fantastic. Sad but very good. A good way to keep the ending going after Marston died too.

Stitch

Gold Member
Lionel Mandrake said:
Poker would be so much easier if I knew how to play it.
i wish it actually would be poker. but it's hold 'em or.. i don't know. some kind of variation i don't understand.

kaskade

So john just got fucked the fuck up. I'm playing as Jack now. I think I have 2 more stranger missions to complete though. The credits didn't role so I imagine there's some more coming? I feel like playing as Jack I just want to kill everyone.

Stitch

Gold Member
i can't think of any western movie where they were playing texas hold 'em.
i guess that's because it wasn't popular at that time...

seat

bj00rn_ said:
His gamertag was "the XBL community"..?
JustHadToJoin said:
yea its pretty strange how you've been "loving the online experience" until for the first time ever someone "makes u rage quit" and now the entire xbox live community is stupid
I'm not saying everyone in public online games is stupid, but... yeah, generally, the majority of XBL is stupid. Do you two seriously want to argue that it's not? If so, you'd be proving my point.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
kaskade said:
So john just got fucked the fuck up. I'm playing as Jack now. I think I have 2 more stranger missions to complete though. The credits didn't role so I imagine there's some more coming? I feel like playing as Jack I just want to kill everyone.

Yeah, there is something more. Believe it starts in blackwater

Parham

Banned
kaskade said:
Stranger mission in Blackwater

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
kaskade said:

Edit: Beaten twice above :lol

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
BarrelMakingPenguin said:
So I have not started to play the game yet but I have heard that
you kill someone named "Williamson".

How big of a spoiler is that?

You are basically told that you need to kill him from the opening 10 mins of the game, so it isnt much of a spoiler at all. If anything, it is kind of the starting "goal" of the game.

Top Bottom