• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Rikyfree

Rockstar. Do an open world Zombie Apocalypse survival game. There will be massive amounts of dough to be gained.

Yours truly,
Rikyfree

todahawk

Rikyfree said:
Rockstar. Do an open world Zombie Apocalypse survival game. There will be massive amounts of dough to be gained.

Yours truly,
Rikyfree

God yes.

Any date yet on the zombie DLC??? Day 1 whenever it is.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Right now I'm trudging through mp and it's not very fun by myself... once in a while I hook up with someone that's helpful, but most of the time it's just me doing shit alone and constantly getting ganked by random fuckwits.

"Hey dipshit... thanks for killing me without cause while I'm in Pike's Basin... not like I was in the middle of something."

The griefers are too much in this game... I bought all the DLC and I thought they were going to address mp douches but I guess not -- nothing seems different.

If you play PS3 RDR mp hit me up: evolved1

I'm east coast and play in the evening and weekends.

reminder

The screens for the Undead Nightmare DLC made me go back to the game since i've never finished it (don't know why, though. There are only a few missions left). Thank god i'm sick so i have plenty time before the DLC will be released. :D

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Right now I'm trudging through mp and it's not very fun by myself... once in a while I hook up with someone that's helpful, but most of the time it's just me doing shit alone and constantly getting ganked by random fuckwits.

"Hey dipshit... thanks for killing me without cause while I'm in Pike's Basin... not like I was in the middle of something."

The griefers are too much in this game... I bought all the DLC and I thought they were going to address mp douches but I guess not -- nothing seems different.

Dammit man, i didn't know you were still playing! I'll be on this weekend, I've been playing the Dead Space 2 beta but I'm itching for some RDR. I'll send you a PM so I know when to get on and look for ya.

Been a while since I played RDR, currently on the last part
Blackwater
of the game and I'm getting burnt out picking up flowers and completing journal challenges.

Is the online for ps3 region-free? If yes, anyone wanna do some advance co-op?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
greenjerk said:
Dammit man, i didn't know you were still playing! I'll be on this weekend, I've been playing the Dead Space 2 beta but I'm itching for some RDR. I'll send you a PM so I know when to get on and look for ya.

Ok great... I need to finish a lot of co-op stuff. :D

Alien Manobo said:
Been a while since I played RDR, currently on the last part
Blackwater
of the game and I'm getting burnt out picking up flowers and completing journal challenges.

Is the online for ps3 region-free? If yes, anyone wanna do some advance co-op?

If the side mission stuff is boring you... consider just finishing the story. You can always go back later and collect flowers or do stranger mission or whatever. The game is technically over but you can still play and do things you missed.

Not sure about online and region locks...

bill0527

recklessmind said:

Its the same on the 360. I bought the first DLC and it was ok because it had new co-op missions, but anything that's free roam based is a waste of fucking time because all people do is ride around and shoot each other. I got bored with the multi-player because co-op was literally the only thing that I could do without wanting to pick up a real Winchester Repeater and use it on my TV.

recklessmind said:

This was mentioned on the Rockstar News Wire:

"Would you please disallow friendly fire in Free Roam?"- Eastwood777

We are currently working on a new Title Update for Red Dead Redemption that will include a "Friendly" version of Multiplayer Free Roam, where player-vs-player killing is disabled. Look for more details on that in the coming weeks.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/9091/asked_&_answered_liars_and_cheats_edition.article

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm sure someone has the answer since I never beat this and have been away for a while, but:

How does shoe-horning zombies into the RDR world make sense? I'm sure it's fun to play, but is that the only connection there really is?

mattiewheels said:
I'm sure someone has the answer since I never beat this and have been away for a while, but:

How does shoe-horning zombies into the RDR world make sense? I'm sure it's fun to play, but is that the only connection there really is?
It's Halloween.

And it's an excuse to plug back into one of the greatest games ever made.

reminder

So, i just finished the game finally and wow... didn't expect that. Glad that i didn't read any spoilers about the ending before.

I actually had tears in my eyes when the song in the credits was playing. :(

Hey You

Was a new thread created for the trailer or something. I thought more of Gaf would be interested in this DLC and want to discuss it.

I guess RedDeadGaf isn't as big as I thought.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I may buy this game soon. I loathed GTA4 and that alone made me wary of Rockstar. Is this game much better or its the same thing but western?

Massa

Relix said:
I may buy this game soon. I loathed GTA4 and that alone made me wary of Rockstar. Is this game much better or its the same thing but western?

It's neither. It's a very good game, one of the best I've played.

Ashour

Relix said:
I went back to GTA4 after I finished RDR to play the episodes and it seemed like a last gen game compared to it. Also RDR is 1000 times more fun the GTA4.

Leckan

So what are the odds for a ultimate edition or whatever where they pack all DLC up in a single package next year? Although the mp doesn't really interest me.

abundant

Leckan said:
So what are the odds for a ultimate edition or whatever where they pack all DLC up in a single package next year? Although the mp doesn't really interest me.
If the mp doesn't interest you, then just pick up the Undead Nightmare DLC for $10. The other DLC packs only contain mp content.

Dabanton

Hey You said:
Was a new thread created for the trailer or something. I thought more of Gaf would be interested in this DLC and want to discuss it.

I guess RedDeadGaf isn't as big as I thought.

I'm surprised no one has yet, as this news is hidden away in here.

Hey You

Dead said:
Im curious as to how the dlc will work, since, you know...
Good Question. I'm guessing it will depend on
Who you are currently player as
. I could be wrong, in the trailer and artwork it shows
John

Top Bottom