• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Lamonster said:
Is there a date on the zombies DLC yet?

I know this is nothing official, but given the order of the DLC releases and the time of the year right now, it will probably come out right around Halloween (maybe a week before) so I'm guessing late October.

Snuggler said:
I know this is nothing official, but given the order of the DLC releases and the time of the year right now, it will probably come out right around Halloween (maybe a week before) so I'm guessing late October.
That is perfect. Hope you're right!

gibration

greenjerk said:
yeah, i'd love to get platinum, all i need to do is finish the MP trophies but no one from my friends list is ever on anymore :(
I'll play with you if you want. I have you as a friend already so just send me a message whenever you want to play. :D

Also, does anybody get on the RDR gaf chat anymore?

DryvBy

With the new DLC, can I shoot my friends who are playing poker? That's all I want to do. Shoot people playing their game. Make it hurt!

Well.... I hate the wild west theme so I wasn't sure about this game when It was released... then a stupid friend of mine ruined the ending to me and it was dropped out of my radar for good.

now months later with no new games to play... I can't get over with how many good things I'vebeen hearing about RDD from every where and as a gamer I shouldn't miss it.

But I'm really confused because I already know the ending and what will happen and it might ruin the experience for me.

So.. what should I do?

Do i still own to myself to get this game... or it's ok to pass it?

help gaf.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Praiseworthy said:
Well.... I hate the wild west theme so I wasn't sure about this game when It was released... then a stupid friend of mine ruined the ending to me and it was dropped out of my radar for good.

now months later with no new games to play... I can't get over with how many good things I'vebeen hearing about RDD from every where and as a gamer I shouldn't miss it.

But I'm really confused because I already know the ending and what will happen and it might ruin the experience for me.

So.. what should I do?

Do i still own to myself to get this game... or it's ok to pass it?

help gaf.

It's fucking awesome. Play it. Now.

I myself have recently put in about 10 or so hours into the game and I am continually blown away with just how impressive it is, and I've never been much of a GTA fan.

KAOz

Short bus special
Jumped back into the multi when I saw that it was double XP. Still fun. :D

Though, the gather a Full Posse trophy is making me kick myself. I've gotten up to 7, then people start to fucking leave. Anyone got tips, or 7 people want to help out?

Also, the 10 Assists trophy. WTF!? I always get 8 or 9, once I got 11. Even when coordinating with a friend, it never properly works out. It's fucked up, and making me pissy. :lol

Then, I only have the reach highest rank before the Platinum. But those two other ones are pissing me off.

Hey You

KAOz said:
Jumped back into the multi when I saw that it was double XP. Still fun. :D

Though, the gather a Full Posse trophy is making me kick myself. I've gotten up to 7, then people start to fucking leave. Anyone got tips, or 7 people want to help out?

Also, the 10 Assists trophy. WTF!? I always get 8 or 9, once I got 11. Even when coordinating with a friend, it never properly works out. It's fucked up, and making me pissy. :lol

Then, I only have the reach highest rank before the Platinum. But those two other ones are pissing me off.

I just kept randomly inviting people into my posse, then I got it.

Jhoan

I didn't know that double XP was in effect. You said it's until Sunday night? I grinded on Gang Hideouts and Co-op for about 6.5 hours or so. I went from level 33 to level 40, so I'm eager to get to level 50 and get the bull. No wonder I leveled up so quickly. I'm probably one of the few people who still plays this game here because everyone's playing Halo: Reach so I'm guessing GAF Read is Dead (pardon the pun)?. I played with a 51 year old devout Christian man from Texas; he was cool.

Is it worth the 10 bucks for the Liars and Cheats add-on for those who have it? Also, I'm having trouble trying to find Gordo the Legendary boar in Free Roam MP. The red circle show on my map but whenever I go to it, he doesn't show up at all. I've tried it from both Mexico and the U.S side and he still doesn't show up and I've tried this multiple times through different sessions. Is it a technical glitch or something? Has this happened to anyone else?

KAOz

Short bus special
Hey You said:
I just kept randomly inviting people into my posse, then I got it.

I'm trying that. And then switching to a new Free Roam with the current posse, to invite more. But, due to not having a mic I really can't communicate it with them. And then people start to drop out. Bastards.

Though, I found an easy way with the 10 kills now, just waiting for my coop-buddy to drop online so I can do it. I did not know that horses counted for kills in a hideout. But they do. :lol

GQman2121

Banned
Boom!!!

RDRPLAT.jpg

GQman2121 said:
FYI: Double XP is in effect right now until Sunday night.

Whoa whoa... The online component has an experience system!? Does it effect anything or is it just numbers for the sake of numbers? Or is this some PSN stuff?

gibration

R* said:
Today we present brand new, original artwork from the Undead Nightmare Pack for Red Dead Redemption. Featuring a zombiefied homage to the original Red Dead Redemption cover art, look for a widescreen downloadable desktop iteration of it soon as part of a new Undead Nightmare art series.

Tomorrow, look out for the very first screenshot from the Undead Nightmare Pack...

and the debut of the official Teaser Trailer on Thursday.
http://www.rockstargames.com/reddea...iginal_artwork_from_the_undead_nightmare_pack

Eh, this is pretty cool and I will get it. But it would have been cooler to add the Mythical Creatures stealthly in one of the packs and make them all very rare to see. If I got werewolves running around all the time at night and chubacabras up the ass in Mexico, it would take some of the magic away.

Lakitu

st5fu
Haven't got any of the DLC so far and I've not played multi-player for a while since I've got a huge backlog of games. Oh and Halo: Reach.

But this is Day 1. I can't wait. :D This and Costume Quest will make for a nice Halloween.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
fantastic images! I wonder how populated the land will be with the walking dead.

Looks awesome! Holy shit @ the zombified horse. So is this a sequel DLC? Takes place after everything else?
Was John resurrected?
If that's the case, hell yeah.

This is bought, day one.

Raiden

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Looks awesome! Holy shit @ the zombified horse. So is this a sequel DLC? Takes place after everything else?
Was John resurrected?
If that's the case, hell yeah.

This is bought, day one.

Haha great thought, i sure hope so :)

denomes

Just wrapped up the campaign in this last night. What an ending!

New DLC looks pretty rad!

A quick, spoilerish question:

So you won't be able to play as John in this DLC (as shown in the above screenshots) unless you haven't yet finished the campaign?

EDIT: I guess nobody knows.

Hey You

denomes said:
Just wrapped up the campaign in this last night. What an ending!

New DLC looks pretty rad!

A quick, spoilerish question:

So you won't be able to play as John in this DLC (as shown in the above screenshots) unless you haven't yet finished the campaign?

EDIT: I guess nobody knows.
I'm guessing you probably will be
playing
as the [/spoiler]character you currently
have.

Fuck sorry if anyone saw that. I was at school and didn't realize I screwed up on that one.

Radogol

It was confirmed here that the we will play as Marston in the Undead Nightmare campaign.

Unleashed upon the world of Red Dead Redemption, the Undead Nightmare Pack will feature an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier.

Top Bottom