• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

aravuus

d89088baf2.jpg

Adorable

Myggen

I'm watching some E3 stuff now and noticed that David Jaffe is turning into Rich Evans, or maybe Rich Evans is turning into David Jaffe.

This is my bad observation of the day.

until about halfway to the jurassic world review i actually thought mike was joking about liking the movie.

He was doing that Mike joke-y higher pitched sentence endings and the face looked like he was going to wink at the camera at any moment. But maybe he was just having a good time and couldn't pretend to be cynical? lol

jett

D-Member
Good lord Mike sure likes his schlock. Jay was being really nice to him there. He definitely did not like that fucking thing.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Ugh, I really want to watch the Jurassic World review but I actually want to see the movie first. It's not often that they review something I'm actually worried about spoilers.

inm8num2

Ugh, I really want to watch the Jurassic World review but I actually want to see the movie first. It's not often that they review something I'm actually worried about spoilers.

Mike and Jay give a big spoiler warning roughly 8-9 minutes into the review. I stopped the video at that point since I haven't seen the movie.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah he was being kind of a dick about Spencer but that was also from the perspective of someone who really knows nothing about him. It's just his knee-jerk reaction while trying to be entertaining.

I agreed with a bunch of what they said in that video, though. I just wish they would have hit on Hololens and some other things.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Thought they were being excessively douchey to Phil Spencer.

it makes sense if you know nothing about phil spencer outside the press conferences because he gives off massive douche chills. text book case of a corporate lackey trying to act like an audience he doesn't get in the least.

inm8num2

Man that thread sure is bustling with discussion.

It is our duty to make it so!

my joke was tongue-in-cheek :p

Heh I figured. :)

I do think it would be good to have that thread more active (still post stuff here, too). Seems like each new Pre-Rec video usually gets its own thread, but I think everyone's burned out from E3 talk/cynicism. Plus, Super Bunnyhop's E3 video more or less covered the same ground.

Previously Recorded - E3 2015

shit - someone posted this in the Pre-Rec thread, my bad

It's funny, I guess, but there was a Pre-Rec stream where Jack talked about his hair or beard, and how he now considers himself as a brand which meant he's hesitant to grow it back out because of how people now view him, and after that I really fell out of listening to his opinions because at this point, who knows if he is being genuine or protective of the identity he's projected to the internet.

Also, that was one run on sentence I just wrote!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's funny, I guess, but there was a Pre-Rec stream where Jack talked about his hair or beard, and how he now considers himself as a brand which meant he's hesitant to grow it back out because of how people now view him, and after that I really fell out of listening to his opinions because at this point, who knows if he is being genuine or protective of the identity he's projected to the internet.

Also, that was one run on sentence I just wrote!

you should probably re-listen to that statement because i don't think that's what he is saying at all.

he is saying he wants to be "recognizable" -- not that he is changing his opinion or attitude to format towards that.

--

anyway, i enjoyed the E3 thing but I knew they were gonna be down on the whole thing in its very concept. I don't think they care the purpose of E3 is completely PR purposes and having the teasers/videos without gameplay is something they do for things that are way out that they aren't comfortable showing. It is a valid criticism that they don't say what these things are, for sure, but the conferences have to take into account their presentation and trying to not break up the videos with explanation.

Sony definitely seemed to take at least a balanced approach in that regard, but I think you sort of expect videos nowadays at the PR conferences because those get the point across the fastest despite there not being much gameplay, since they have the games on the show floor for the journalists to play.

and i think that basically they sort of intentionally move themselves away from being "Journalists" and more to being "Entertainers" when they say stuff like "i don't care about FF7" -- obviously I knew they wouldn't, but the difference is that a "Journalistic approach" would be to at least cover it and give the context here. As they are trying to mostly entertain while also informing, they bring their very nuanced tastes and without much context can be very strange considering they don't really have a web site dedicated to Pre-Rec where they can explain what they like and their philosophies in regards to games and coverage. They only have videos, and unless you're listening to all of them you're not going to piece that together very well.

I don't personally have a problem with them doing a reaction video, just that doing stuff like this without much of a context is really only going to be for the major fans of Pre-Rec, not even casual fans who only watch their edited videos will understand very much.

you should probably re-listen to that statement because i don't think that's what he is saying at all.

he is saying he wants to be "recognizable" -- not that he is changing his opinion or attitude to format towards that.

You may be right. I listen to the stream in background as a podcast while I do other stuff and I could have misheard. I will take your word for it.

For the most part though, I still don't watch that many or consistently of their produced episodes because I don't find them all that funny (except The Order 1886) or insightful or interesting; I do enjoy listening to the streams on background, though, especially when Jay is on for them.

Oreoleo

Thought they were being excessively douchey to Phil Spencer.

I think their read of him was dead on personally. At E3 he comes off as an enormous douche and very unlikable. I'm always shocked when I see him in an interview (which is rare) and he's actually polite and well-spoken. But on stage it's a whole different story.

komplanen

*Pre-order DLC ends*

Jack: "That was it?! How long has it been going? I expected this to last at least 20 minutes!"
Rich: "It was 20 minutes"
Jack: "You know, I actually expected it to be two hours"

LMAO

komplanen

rumors are that she and mike broke up, and since none of the gang really mention her (nor does she appear in the credits of stuff she got credit for before like pre-recorded) it might've been bad and she left the show.

I could swear she can be heard in the background not that many videos ago. Her not being in front of the camera goes back months.

I could swear she can be heard in the background not that many videos ago. Her not being in front of the camera goes back months.

Enough questions have been asked that if it was as simple as "she hasn't had a chance to appear in one of the BotW episodes" they would have said it in a stream or something already.

Regardless this is all Redletterminati

komplanen

Rich has back problems in the last two streams and now that I'm watching an archived live stream of Hand of Fate from three months ago he has back problems there as well.

I think the back problems traveled back in time with me. Sorry Rich :-(

Shy

Rich has back problems in the last two streams and now that I'm watching an archived live stream of Hand of Fate from three months ago he has back problems there as well.

I think the back problems traveled back in time with me. Sorry Rich :-(
*shakes fist at screen* DAMM YOU KOMPLANEN. !!!!

Joeku

As always, it's occasionally infuriating watching someone else play games. That
team predator section where Jack couldn't tell he had to ration out the ally takedowns was particularly horrible.
I actually wish there was some more of that in the game, too.

EDIT: Rich has been having severe pain for well over a week and can't even see a doctor until July 9th? Jesus Christ, how's that private health care working out for you, America?

Top Bottom