• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

komplanen

I haven't checked in on the site in a long while, but has he given up doing longform Plinkett reviews?

Not at all. Those reviews just take a lot of time and as it stands they have tons on their plate already what with the movie and all.

Also personally I'd rather take a bunch of BotW episodes over a Plinkett review unless there's some really good movie for him to do it on.

Calcium

Banned
They are going to review Pixels, right? I mean, they have to. Half in the Bag is always amazing when they are going after Sandler.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
My guess is the next Plinkett review will be Space Cop.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Rich looked different somehow at the end of the last episode.

Majine

Banned
I think discussing the big Marvel movie empire and when it will crumble is interesting, but I wonder how many times we'll hear that.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I think discussing the big Marvel movie empire and when it will crumble is interesting, but I wonder how many times we'll hear that.

At this point it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. They are too popular for their own good. They'll become a relatively niche genre in the next 10 years or so I think after the last avengers. All of the other one-offs I don't see doing as good as Ant-Man, only the main avengers movies are gonna be doing amazing numbers.

At this point it will be a self-fulfilling prophecy. They are too popular for their own good. They'll become a relatively niche genre in the next 10 years or so I think after the last avengers. All of the other one-offs I don't see doing as good as Ant-Man, only the main avengers movies are gonna be doing amazing numbers.
I can see the popularity waining after Infinity War, but I don't know how the other one-offs are gonna be worse than Ant-Man. It falls squarely on the product itself rather than the legacy, I feel. Kinda like with GotG.

Also, I really hope Rich and Jack join them on reviewing Pixels.

davepoobond

I can see the popularity waining after Infinity War, but I don't know how the other one-offs are gonna be worse than Ant-Man. It falls squarely on the product itself rather than the legacy, I feel. Kinda like with GotG.

Also, I really hope Rich and Jack join them on reviewing Pixels.

I agree it'll be a product rather than a legacy thing. I just don't see the stuff like Dr. Strange or the panther guy getting a wide appeal, they'll do pretty bad relative to everything else, which will still probably be "good" by normal movie standards.

I think guardians had some things going for it that aren't going to be replicated easily, so it could very well be an outlier. I think Spider-Man was important for the longevity of the overall universe for marvel so maybe it'll inspire people to be more involved since he is very popular still.

Also, yeah I hope they do Pixels. It's always great when they do something they hate with a passion

I agree it'll be a product rather than a legacy thing. I just don't see the stuff like Dr. Strange or the panther guy getting a wide appeal, they'll do pretty bad relative to everything else, which will still probably be "good" by normal movie standards.

I think guardians had some things going for it that aren't going to be replicated easily, so it could very well be an outlier. I think Spider-Man was important for the longevity of the overall universe for marvel so maybe it'll inspire people to be more involved since he is very popular still.

Also, yeah I hope they do Pixels. It's always great when they do something they hate with a passion

Yeah, I could possibly see GotG being an outlier, but I guess I'm just optimistic in Dr. Strange, Black Panther and Captain Marvel.

Spider-Man is a big franchise on his own. I can only hope that the public isn't tired of him and another interpretation of him.

komplanen

Saw Jurassic World today and I'm somewhere in between the two hacks with my opinion.

I liked it three stars out of five.

Had several flaws but overall I was entertained.

Pixels trailer played before it and I can't believe how shitty it was. I had forgotten it completely but I saw it when it came out but wow it's bad. And that's just a trailer...

EDIT: WAIT WAIT HOLD A FUCKING MOMENT! Ant-Man is actually really small? LMAO WHAAAAAAAAT?

Aiii

So not worth it
Walking Trees, magic hammers, a talking raccoon, a man in a suit powered by a heart magnet, a man that turns into a huge green beast when he gets upset... But a superhero called Ant-Man that shrinks to the size of an ant is what baffles you? Hm, okay...

komplanen

Walking Trees, magic hammers, a talking raccoon, a man in a suit powered by a heart magnet, a man that turns into a huge green beast when he gets upset... But a superhero called Ant-Man that shrinks to the size of an ant is what baffles you? Hm, okay...

Well it's just that I never thought that would be his super power despite it being quite frankly suggested in the name. I always thought he was just a man in a suit like a cheap Batman. Well, I guess even Batman glides around and hangs upside down so I wasn't thinking.

Khezu

Well it's just that I never thought that would be his super power despite it being quite frankly suggested in the name. I always thought he was just a man in a suit like a cheap Batman. Well, I guess even Batman glides around and hangs upside down so I wasn't thinking.

He can also turn really large, like japanese giant monster large.
And control ants.

He can also turn really large, like japanese giant monster large.
And control ants.

I don't think the movie is going to go for the 'can turn gigantic aspect'. I'm already having a hard time ignoring that he can shrink to the size of an ant and keep the strength of a 200 lbs man while weighing less.

If they make him go gigantic and still have the strength of a 200 lbs man I'll lose my shit.

komplanen

From the funny pictures thread:

1437956917993itqa2.jpg

komplanen

RLM Twitter encouraging people to revisit the Jack and Jill review in preparation for the Pixels review.

I did just last week but I think I will again lol. I mean fuck, I watched every Half in the Bag again last week and even today I've rewatched half a dozen again.

Best background noise to Cmd+Tab into every now and then while studying.

Sanjuro

I hope they don't go nuts on Pixels just because it's Adam Sandler. I don't expect them liking it, but I kind of hope they spend some time going into what works, what doesn't.

While I'm glad the video game repair shop arc is over I do hope we get more hitb reviews with all jay and rich in the discussion as I feel they added a lot to the reviews they took part in

Cheerilee

Review was a bit of a letdown. I was expecting something more like the Jack and Jill review.

IIRC, they said they went the "fork in the brain" route for their Grown Ups 2 review because after their Jack and Jill review, there was nothing left to say about Adam Sandler movies.

Wow. I did not see that ending coming. That's not how I expected them to end that arc. Sort of sad to see Jack and Rich go though, I did enjoy the reviews Mik- no wait, Mark and Jim had with them. The Avengers one is still one of my favourites of theirs.

davepoobond

I swear I thought I saw pictures behind Mike and Jay that said Mark and Jim. Or maybe it was something else.

Yeah, it said "Our Employees Mike and Tim."

behind Jay's head, you can see a large picture of a rock, and underneath it says "Jay"

that was a pretty great ending. i'm sure they'll bring them back if they need to, its not like they havent killed a "rich" like 5 times already

Top Bottom