• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

The thing is that TLOU people really have no defense for their biggest complaint - cutscenes suck. They fucking tore apart The Order, and I can only imagine the cry babies if they did the same to a Naughty Dog story.

There's a reason people didn't tear them apart in TLOU. Nowhere near as frequent, and it actually has fun gameplay.

UrbanRats

He mentioned at some point that he doesn't care about the story, and that the gameplay's meh, and that if it was a real movie, it would be seen as completely generic. So he probably loves it.

That's true, but it's not a movie, and it does some interesting things as a game.

I was a staunch defender of 2 and didn't even mind a lot of the streamlining they did when some people despised it.

Then 3 happened. And I could no longer defend Blue Castle.

2 was fine. Not a huge fan of the weapon combo system because it detracts from the whole "use whatever you can see to survive" aspect, but otherwise it kept the time limit and general difficultly, while toning down some of the more frustrating mechanics. What a "streamlined" game should be. 3 was a giant piece of shit with terrible map design, dull protagonist and story, and Ubisoft-style side activities. And a token "purist" style difficulty that does nothing to actually emulate the previous games.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So many pretentious people on the chat.

there's a lot of idiots saying "PLAY FTL" or "this is an awful game"

like, what the fuck do these people think is a better game -- i'll bet people say the same thing about that game?

this game is fine. i never even played it

there's a lot of idiots saying "PLAY FTL" or "this is an awful game"

like, what the fuck do these people think is a better game -- i'll bet people say the same thing about that game?

this game is fine. i never even played it

It's people sucking up to Rich by talking about how totally awful the game is, and that the reviewers were clearly bribed.

Real talk: I rewatched the Titanic review and liked it even less than the first time. Easily my least favorite Plinkett review. Also strange is that he hints that Star Trek 5 would be the next review. Oh. That was two years ago.

Real talk: I rewatched the Titanic review and liked it even less than the first time. Easily my least favorite Plinkett review. Also strange is that he hints that Star Trek 5 would be the next review. Oh. That was two years ago.

I thought he was hinting at the star wars 5 commentary track which they did?

jett

D-Member
The thing is that TLOU people really have no defense for their biggest complaint - cutscenes suck. They fucking tore apart The Order, and I can only imagine the cry babies if they did the same to a Naughty Dog story.

Cut-scenes in ND's games aren't frequent, and they usually last two or three minutes at most. Unlike The Snoreder, TLOU isn't aiming to be an interactive movie.

And they're also really well made.

then why the fuck did they play Metal Gear Solid 5?? That entire series is a cutscene with some mild gaming segments in between. I'm have a Rich Evans 'wtf' moment here.

inky

Because it was a popular release that would net them many views?

In any case, they dislike cutscence heavy/only games, but their shtick is Rich watches every cutscene regardless and Jack skips them all.
They are such an odd pairing guys! Did you know Jack doesn't grow a beard because his brand is being the clean shaven bald guy? They are so authentic too ;P

MGS has enough gameplay to be judged on that, which they did.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love the Titanic review. It's one of my absolute favorites.

"Hates women. Again, no character flaws" Worst review is Indiana Jones

Because it was a popular release that would net them many views?

In any case, they dislike cutscence heavy/only games, but their shtick is Rich watches every cutscene regardless and Jack skips them all.
They are such an odd pairing guys! Did you know Jack doesn't grow a beard because his brand is being the clean shaven bald guy? They are so authentic too ;P

MGS has enough gameplay to be judged on that, which they did.

It's really weird that they'd give MGSV a chance eve after making it clear that they're not fan of the franchise, but at the same time not even giving games like Fallout 4 or the Witcher 3 a chance.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They already gave Fallout 4 a chance by playing NV.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's not really a game to stream for them. They like to stream games they are playing for the first time. I'm not sure how common that is -- don't people usually streak games they know so they keep it going fast?

UrbanRats

It's not really a game to stream for them. They like to stream games they are playing for the first time. I'm not sure how common that is -- don't people usually streak games they know so they keep it going fast?

Blind playthrough are super common (and the only fun ones to watch, for me).

Sky Saw

Banned
I hope Rich finishes TLoU in his own time so maybe he can give a review. Would like to hear his thoughts and also I kinda wana see the rage that ensues lol.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I guess we'll have to wait till next year for our Jingle All The Way commentary :-(

inky

Nah. Souls fans are the worst. Especially the die hard ones who excuse issues with the game as 'git gud' or 'well you better have every combination of weapon and armor necessary to deal with bla'

LOL

One group wants you to worship a gaming company like they do.
The other wants you to know a) how pro at gaming they are b) that they liked the series before it was cool c) how pro they really are because they play a hard game. They don't make 'em like that no more. Except, you know, the 4 games they've made and all the other hard games out there ;P

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The newly-renamed Emperor Palpatine Surgical Recreation Center.

Top Bottom