• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Khezu

How the fuck do you have budget issues?

Fucker is the Emperor.

Was he just being spiteful to Anakin for being such a useless loser?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
They had money for 2 death stars but not for Vader's new suit.
Not to mention countless Star Destroyers and Tie Fighters.

Where exactly does this knowledge come from? Surely it's not cannon? Just because it's on the Wookipedia. It sounds like silly shit a fanboy comes up with.

Shy

Not to mention countless Star Destroyers and Tie Fighters.

Where exactly does this knowledge come from? Surely it's not cannon? Just because it's on the Wookipedia. It sounds like silly shit a fanboy comes up with.
Probably mentions here and there in various EU works, then it gets collated all together on Wookiepieda.

ckohler

I e-mailed RLM these two images to make them laugh:

MGj0JWS.png

jman2050

This makes me love Palpatine even more. He's emperor of the fuckin' universe and he has budgetary constraints.

He probably figured he could just sit on his throne and rule with an iron fist until he started facing the mountains of paperwork and hours of meetings needed to administrate a central galactic government representing thousands of planetary systems with their own local governments. No doubt he has hundreds if not thousands of committees and subcommittees delegated to handling these tasks autonomously while he and Vader do cool shit like hunt down Jedis and take joyrides on Star Destroyers.

Hell that's probably why he dissolved the Senate by the time ANH came around, he was tired of the bureaucracy being deadlocked on important budget plans and reforms (can you imagine how many bribes, how many Jedi mind tricks, and how much crooked bookkeeping he needed to legally secure enough funding to build a moon-sized planet destroyer?) and told the planets to take care of their own damn selves.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Video referenced my favorite line from the Episode 3 review.

"Anakin kneels before monster mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash "

Aiii

So not worth it
The guy that made the thread in OT where he said he would boycott Disney's SW because they threw out the old EU stuff should be made to watch this video every day for the entire year until he sees the errors of his ways. Jesus, you can't make this shit up. I was in tears for half of it.

Cheerilee

The crazy thing is, Star Wars fans go this deep into character assassination because they need to have an explanation for...

"The circle is now complete. When I left you, I had quadrupled my flip power, now I'm a walking paraplegic."

Obi Wan is ancient, Darth Vader is a cripple, Luke has no clue what he's doing, and neither does Kylo Ren. That's why the OT and the New Trilogy look different (better) compared to the Prequel Trilogy. Because the OT and New Trilogy suck.

I hope they keep Rogue/Wraith Squadron from the EU and then toss everything else into the dumpster fire, because that's the only series that didn't read like bad fan fiction. Even Thrawn trilogy was pretty bad, and that gets repeatedly recommended to people as the best work in the EU

The guy that made the thread in OT where he said he would boycott Disney's SW because they threw out the old EU stuff should be made to watch this video every day for the entire year until he sees the errors of his ways. Jesus, you can't make this shit up. I was in tears for half of it.

Where was this?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just love how all this backstory was created after the fact to explain why their cheap, late-70s era costumes look like cheap, late-70s era costumes.

The extended effort to make everything in this universe intentional is just insane. It does perfectly explain the prequel trilogy, though.

jgminto

Whoever wrote that sure did their best trying to destroy any of the sense of coolness that Vader had intact after the prequels.

Fox Mulder

I just love how all this backstory was created after the fact to explain why their cheap, late-70s era costumes look like cheap, late-70s era costumes.

The extended effort to make everything in this universe intentional is just insane. It does perfectly explain the prequel trilogy, though.

It's just nerdy extended universe shit for other nerds that deep into it. Not even canon.

It's just hilarious to hear this awful shit read aloud.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I never knew Vader had to hold so many L's. His character is forever ruined between this stuff and the prequel garbage.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Whoever wrote that sure did their best trying to destroy any of the sense of coolness that Vader had intact after the prequels.

The prequels existed only to ruin his character and make Darth Vader hilariously pathetic. That the extended universe stuff made him basically into Galactic Michael Scott is entirely fine by me.

Top Bottom