• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Hey what if one of the first things Palpatine did as Emperor was pass sweeping healthcare reform (commonly referred to as Palpatinecare), and the rebellion was launched in an effort to repeal Palpatinecare and free the citizens of the Empire from the tyranny of government death panels?

Spaghetti

through watching the vader video i was thinking to myself, whoever wrote all that is a comedy genius, and only after reading the last page of this thread did i see it was from wookiepedia and at one point technically canon.

I lost it at budgetary restrictions.

Why was it originally written though? Was it in a book?

I am sure there was a Star Wars technical manual at some point. There had to be. And a whole bunch of officially sanctioned fan fiction wankery when the EU was at its hight.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
There was one at the end of RotS.

only as an epilogue link to the next movie. wasn't central to anything.

And the Droid Control Ship that Annie accidentally in the Phantom Menace was basically a Death Star.

i dont agree. that was just a big space ship, it wasn't shooting humongous lasers out of it

I like to think that jar jar himself was a death star. He almost killed the Franchise instead of planets

jar jar is the CG-ification of George Lucas

inky

Mike is such a terrible actor lol. He only knows one way to deliver lines and he thinks shlock acting is walking slowly off frame like and idiot and making a dumb voice.

I love him.

Old (first?) trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSjRlhGezTA

0mIXTEo.png

New trailer

VhuWfEP.png

I wonder when it changed from "A Mike Stoklasa Film" to "A Film by Jay Baumann and Mike Stoklasa".

Also from the old trailer

nerCMdk.png

So I'm not getting my hopes up. :p

I hope they have a 10 hour making of that details the production over the years.

Mike is such a terrible actor lol. He only knows one way to deliver lines and he thinks shlock acting is walking slowly off frame like and idiot and making a dumb voice.

I love him.

I thought Mike did a different and better voice in the old trailer.

maybe they're trying to incite a rebellion among Jay's fans versus Mike's fans. That, or Mike is socially awkward and doesn't know when to credit people. To be fair of why I would say that: he is a Star Trek AND Star Wars nerd, which is like S+ level of nerdhood. ;)

Aiii

So not worth it
It probably changed when they reshot and Jay started directing some of the scenes.

Because you know, that's what happens when you add a director :'D

Grinchy

Banned
lol that looks hilarious

I have to admit that I had very low expectations of the project and wanted them to just focus on the shit I already like, but now I'm happy they made the movie.

Cheerilee

It probably changed when they reshot and Jay started directing some of the scenes.

"Edited by Jay Bauman"

If Jessi wanted it to say "A Jessi Nakles Film", "Written and Directed by Jessi Nakles", "Starring Jessi Nakles and Rich Evans", then she shouldn't have let Mike and Jay near her computer.

davepoobond

looks great. i still love the "My dead wife from the future... Who isn't born yet. This is my most prized possession"

Just finished Endurance by Alfred Lansing the book that Mike recommended on the Everest Half in the Bag. Really was one of the best books I've ever read.

I think the voice kinda suits the old-fashioned, 1930s detective archetype they're going for (specifically the lady clams part). But I can see why people would find it grating considering he uses it a lot in RLM's stuff.

ElTopo

Banned
Is it odd that I'm a huge fan of the Plinkett reviews but I absolutely hate Star Wars/Star Trek/Indiana Jones?

I never liked those franchises as a kid and still don't like them. I am a fan of James Cameron but I've never seen Titanic and I've only seen Avatar once (and had a decent excuse to do so).

I actually did watch Baby's Day Out on one of the movie channels back in the day. I remember very little about it and don't remember laughing.

Probably not going to happen, but I'd love to see a Plinkett review of Alien Resurrection or even Prometheus.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Is it odd that I'm a huge fan of the Plinkett reviews but I absolutely hate Star Wars/Star Trek/Indiana Jones?

I never liked those franchises as a kid and still don't like them. I am a fan of James Cameron but I've never seen Titanic and I've only seen Avatar once (and had a decent excuse to do so).

I actually did watch Baby's Day Out on one of the movie channels back in the day. I remember very little about it and don't remember laughing.

Probably not going to happen, but I'd love to see a Plinkett review of Alien Resurrection or even Prometheus.

I don't think it's odd, I see it as even if you don't like those movies you listed the problems he talks about can be applied to other movies.

Plus I find the reviews great for background noise whenever I work on something

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't even see the original Star Wars movies in their entirety until I was like 29, and I found them mostly boring. So I don't think that's too crazy. I always loved Star Trek, though. And the new Star Wars movie is quite good.

I didn't even see the original Star Wars movies in their entirety until I was like 29, and I found them mostly boring. So I don't think that's too crazy. I always loved Star Trek, though. And the new Star Wars movie is quite good.

But the new star wars movie is the old star wars movie Kappa

looks great. i still love the "My dead wife from the future... Who isn't born yet. This is my most prized possession"

Same with the hot dog joke, which carried over.

maybe they're trying to incite a rebellion among Jay's fans versus Mike's fans. That, or Mike is socially awkward and doesn't know when to credit people. To be fair of why I would say that: he is a Star Trek AND Star Wars nerd, which is like S+ level of nerdhood. ;)

I'm simply going to assume that Jay is taking advantage of the constantly drunk Mike and is slowly taking over RLM. Jessie started to notice it, but Jay used Drunk Mike to push her out of RLM, which is why she's not around anymore.

GLVVHNs.jpg

At least that's how it plays out in my elaborate RLM fanfiction.

Snaku

Banned
I'm simply going to assume that Jay is taking advantage of the constantly drunk Mike and is slowly taking over RLM. Jessie started to notice it, but Jay used Drunk Mike to push her out of RLM, which is why she's not around anymore.

GLVVHNs.jpg

At least that's how it plays out in my elaborate RLM fanfiction.

In this scenario is Rich Evans playing the role of Eowyn?

Laputa_94

Just got around to watching the video about Darth Vaders suit. I lost it at emperor palpatine surgical reconstruction center bit.

davepoobond

then why did she have a coke nail? what other use is there for a coke nail other than to pick your boogers?

As a child (yes, a child, the age appropriate for this garbage) I had the Star Wars galactic encyclopedia that I read often, learned of Luuke and other stupid things, and I had forgotten a lot of it until this stupid video, where I saw BBY and ABY and immediately realized "Before Battle of Yavin" and "After Battle of Yavin" and I felt like a nerd.... and then I realized I don't really care about Star Wars anymore, and I felt better.

Weird how things can stir up memories twenty years in the past.

Top Bottom